Chima AKA War Games On Motorcycles

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Mirage Agito

Mirage Agito

Completely Hypothetical

• 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Alright, since Ninjago's getting the axe, we're getting this to replace it.

Posted Image

Something about it reminds me of ThunderCats. I can't put my finger on it, though. :whistling:

But, all things said, these minifigs do look pretty fantastic, as do a lot of the new pieces. I think I might get a few of these sets. What are you guys' thoughts on them?
Posted Image

#2 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I'm surprised they're ditching Ninjago. It seems to be wildly popular.

As for this new line... I'm not too crazy about the anime-hair cat dudes, but the crocodile people look rad. Apparently there are also going to be wolf and bird people, but there haven't been many good images of those. The bird guys look okay I guess. So far none of the set designs really impress me, and a few look downright awful. Then again, LEGO seems to save all the good designs for the second wave every time, so who knows.

http://lego.wikia.co...egends_of_Chima

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#3 cheeso194

cheeso194

Corporal

• Nova Member
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

I agree, I think the cat dudes are horrid. They look too much like furries to me, and I don't see much use in them. However, it looks like the head is two parts, a standard head and a helmet, so I'd like to have a look at the standard head. Poking around the Brickipedia page, you might notice some bird guys. some more wolf guys, and the crocodile guys.
Posted Image
LOVE this wolf guy. Perfectly suited to a werewolf, which is something we seem to be getting a lot of recently. But still, love the look. Also had this thought:
Posted Image

I DO NEAT THINGS WITH COMICS

Cheeso's One Offs and Pilots

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9064

#4 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

I love the idea of these sets - since I am in full support of more LEGO animal-people that can be used to make big, Wulfgard beastfolk - but I kind of wish they weren't so cartoony. Cartoony is fine, obviously - since this is LEGO - but these guys are getting a little extreme. I mean, those lion-people just look... very lame, and not really lionlike at all. I never would've guessed they're supposed to be lions - or any kind of cats - in that semi-silhouette promotional image.

I'll get some of the wolf people out of obligation, but the Monster Fighters werewolf and the old Monsters Studio (or whatever) werewolf 'fig are still way cooler, IMO. Especially for werewolves, since these guys hardly say "fearsome." They have really anorexic snouts, for one thing. :wacko:

The crocodile-people are dang rad, though, and the bird people are okay, I guess. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this line to see if there's anything useful minifig-wise, but the sets themselves reeeally don't impress. Still... crocodile people.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#5 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

That wolf guy is the only thing in the entire line that even piques my interest in the tiniest, infinitesimal bit.

Gonna be skipping this one. Kids'll eat this stuff up though, I'm sure, and let's face it, that's what matters.

2004-2018

#6 Mirage Agito

Mirage Agito

Completely Hypothetical

• 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I'm surprised they're ditching Ninjago. It seems to be wildly popular.

Agreed. Then again, Lego's axed poular brands before (read: Bionicle).

Edited by Mirage Agito, 15 November 2012 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

What you all have failed to realize/mention: All the crocodile sets come with beyond-copious amounts of parts in the new olive color, including an entire boat hull in the biggest set. It's like they created this line just to get that new color out there all over the market. And as a minor bonus, of all the creature people, the crocs totally look the coolest, as you've all pointed out.

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#8 Mirage Agito

Mirage Agito

Completely Hypothetical

• 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

^ This. I completely forgot the olive pieces.

Now, time to hit the speculation button! See this pic, which I've put in spoilers because it's huge?

Spoiler

Will we get something Bionicleish later down the line? Who knows?

Also had this thought:
Posted Image

Can't let you build that, Star Fox!

Edited by Mirage Agito, 18 November 2012 - 04:32 PM.

Posted Image

#9 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Seriously this looks like Thundercats meets He-Man or some other 60-80s Hannah Barbara action cartoon.
Old timer

#10 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

I'm not too interested in the animal heads, but those torso/leg combos seem like they'd make for some pretty nifty castle builds.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#11 Crustacean Freak

Crustacean Freak

Resident VW Enthusiast

• Nova Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

I like the wings on the bird people. I figure Eris' wings would work alright for Sarran mini-figs. Not having proper mini-fig wings is part of the reason I haven't built any Sarran stuff (but the other part is just being way too busy for MOCing).

:Flickr
Gypsy King
Celephaïs (Mk 1)

Currently working on: Dustbowl (Novel), 1974 VW Beetle "Crow", Unnamed LEGO Space Freighter

#12 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

Thought you all should know that it isn't replacing Ninjago...

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#13 Lord English

Lord English

You're DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!

• Nova Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Thought you all should know that it isn't replacing Ninjago...

wait. so ninjago is continuing past january? YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

rsz_1gebwrhyswjipiqhompdmu0yecrcevjcvkpr

All Hail the Emperor and Senate of the Byzantine Empire

#14 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

ToyFair was today! Here are the new Chima images: http://www.toyark.co...ma-images-7234/

In the minifigs, there appears to be a new fox person and some monkey/ape people, plus some new vehicles for the existing animal folks. But more interesting are the action figures. Scroll down to the bottom for those. I'm normally not too crazy about the action figures, but I gotta admit, these look pretty dang awesome.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#15 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

There's a skunk too.

#16 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

In the minifigs, there appears to be a new fox person and some monkey/ape people, plus some new vehicles for the existing animal folks. But more interesting are the action figures. Scroll down to the bottom for those. I'm normally not too crazy about the action figures, but I gotta admit, these look pretty dang awesome.

Posted Image

Well, I will definitely be getting that fox. I got one of the smaller sets, the one with the black hawk/bird and the small purple flyer. I'll post pictures later, but it's not a bad line. I like it.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#17 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

I think this may potentially be one of my favorite things Lego has ever produced:

Posted Image

Not only is it a super badass mech, with a freaking banana-zooka, but look at the hammers the minifig at the bottom is holding. Awesomeness.

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#18 Lord English

Lord English

You're DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!

• Nova Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

This stuff is really cool. I have Lennox' Lion Attack, Equila's Ultra Striker, and the raven glider too. Can't wait for the ones with the other animals. Has anyone actually seen any show episodes? The theme band, Finley, has 3 songs out already, and they're really good. At least a heckuva lot better than the ninjago band.

rsz_1gebwrhyswjipiqhompdmu0yecrcevjcvkpr

All Hail the Emperor and Senate of the Byzantine Empire

#19 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

Dat mech.
Posted Image

*throws money at screen*

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#20 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

It seems like LEGO often saves the better sets for the second wave.

You know, I'm glad LEGO is finding ways to market its own original lines. I haven't seen any of the Chima cartoon, but I watched some of the Ninjago one, and it's actually not terrible. Spitfire Nya is best ninja. I'm just glad they are trying to keep their original lines competitive with licensed ones, so that yellow minifigs are not completely replaced by flesh tone. Well, obviously that doesn't apply in the case of Chima, but you get what I mean.

Now if only they would make a LEGO Castle show...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users