Community Status Updates

Photo

Lukas Exemplar

Apparently Jesse Eisenberg is Lex Luthor in Batman vs Superman. I have nothing against a younger version of Luthor, though in this case I am. It worked in Smallville because both Clark and Luthor were young, but now Clark's in his thirties, and Luthor's a teenager, or in his twenties? I don't see how that could work well. I know there’s the association with Zuckerberg, Facebook etc, but it’s a bit of a stretch really. Couldn’t he not have been cast as Flash instead?
Jan 31 2014 09:58 PM
  • Lukas Exemplar's Photo
    Lukas Exemplar
    I have nothing against a younger version of Luthor, though in this case I am. It worked in Smallville because both Clark and Luthor were young, but now Clark's in his thirties, and Luthor's a teenager, or in his twenties? I don't see how that could work well. And why would Metropolis even listen to a young teenage like him, even if he had so much money and such a huge company at his disposal? Looks like a corrupt city with a kid runnin' it all.
    Jan 31 2014 10:03 PM
  • Lukas Exemplar's Photo
    Lukas Exemplar
    That is, if this Luthor has as much control over the city has previous incarnations have had. I don't even like Eisenberg as an actor... I think that Bryan Cranston (Walter White/Heisenberg - rhymes with Eisenberg! - in Breaking Bad) would have been a better choice. Anyway, I should probably have posted this in a blog of a movie thread. Just tell me if this is the wrong place.
    Jan 31 2014 10:03 PM