• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#161 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

You're just realizing it's strange now? Games do this all the time. We knew about the Harley Quinn DLC for Arkham Knight the day it was announced. 

Not a good idea comparing it to Arkham Knight.  Remember it's PC flop?

5Sa8Z49.gif

#162 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:54 PM

That's my point. Game Devs pull this BS all the time.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#163 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

That's my point. Game Devs pull this BS all the time.

Except this one's a bit difference.  When Jakku was announced, it was long after BF was announced, and it's to coincide with the release of The Force Awakens.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#164 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:52 PM

Sorry about the double post.

http://starwars.ea.c...lefront/planets

EA released a, somewhat, neat feature on the Battlefront site to go and view some sections of the map with various gamemodes announced.  Every so often it will stop and let you get more information about certain things in Battlefront, weapons, power ups, vehicles, things like that.  It also goes into each of the Heroes in the game, giving a preview of their abilities and play style.

The big thing of it is that it allows a preview of some of the items, vehicles, weapons, and heroes we can use, as well as various races that we can use to customize our characters.  It even gives an short description of a new race to the Star Wars universe, the Ishi Tib (Hoth, eighth point).  That's the green lizard/bird thing.

Key points:

• New race, as well as descriptions for the other known races
  • Analysis of the speeder bike (Which for those who hate the vehicle pickup system, the Speeder Bike is more like the stationary turrets in that they spawn in on the map and can be used at any time)
  • Description of weapons and star cards not shown off in the beta (Wookie Bowcaster, Impact Grenade, DTL20-A Pulse Cannon (sniper rifle), and the DL-44 (Han's blaster) for a few examples)
  • Preview of some of the Gamemodes and Missions (such as Endor Chase, which places the player or players in the boots of a Scout Trooper pursuing Rebels on stolen speeder bikes.)
  • Preview and suggestion of playstyle for each of the Heroes, as well as preview of the Millennium Falcon and Slave 1
  • Some side lore to each of the planets, if you really wanted know
  • Little clips of the dev team going out to certain locations around the world to map out and easily design the maps (California's Death Valley and Muir Woods , Norway, and Iceland), again, if you are interested in that stuff.

What's nice about it is that, beside the dev footage of each of the locations, it's all in game footage.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#165 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:40 PM

It even gives an short description of a new race to the Star Wars universe, the Ishi Tib (Hoth, eighth point).  That's the green lizard/bird thing.

Naw it ain't. :V

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#166 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

Naw it ain't. :V

Well it's new for anyone who missed it in that one brief scene in Episode 6 (where people were more focused on Luke anyway).

5Sa8Z49.gif

#167 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:27 AM

They've appeared in Rebels/The Clone Wars, too, apparently, And in comics. Hell, I think Robot Chicken had one. It's not new at all :P

#168 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

I think it's strange they picked bird men over Mon Calamari, or Bothans who appeared in the other Battlefront games. 

#169 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

POPULAR

Too many Bothans died to bring us that information.
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#170 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:51 PM

POPULAR

Last time I ask a Bothan to do anything for me. I asked a few Bothans to get me a coffee one time. All dead.

#171 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,839 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:18 PM

That auto pistol is way too good. It can kill at any range which is insane.

Edited by Neyo Wargear, 18 November 2015 - 07:30 PM.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#172 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:30 AM

Just going to give some tips for those who haven't played it yet, or are just starting:

• Proton Torpedos are Effective on UNSHIELDED Targets, while Ion Torpedos are useful on SHIELDED targets.  (Shields = Ion, Unshielded = Proton, this is primarily for those using the Slave 1, but Ion also applies to TIE pilots)
  • Jump Pack's range is based on momentum and height.  Want to make the most for the distance?  Jump, then fire.
  • Jump Packs will prevent death from lethal heights (this is useful for Imperial players on Walker Assault on Tatooine who want to flank the Rebels)
  • Make use of the pick ups in Fighter Squadron.  Standard power up icons restore health, cycle icon cools down your powers (minuscule amount for Heroes)
  • Princess Leia and Emperor Palpatine are primarily support heroes (Leia even more so)  They allow teammates to spawn in as Honor Guards, which are tougher, carry heavy blasters, and have Smart Missiles and Homing Shots as Star Card based power ups (Are also signified by a different character skin, Stormtroopers with Red Markings and Tauntive IV crew (helmet is changed to Endor helmet of the same colors),).  They also can provide their team with Power Ups, and for Leia, can use a stronger Squad Shield
  • Use the Radar Jammer as much as possible when the Snowspeeder on Hoth.  It will prevent Vehicle Turrets, Ion Torpedoes, Smart Missiles, and AT-ST missiles from locking on, and prevents TIE Interceptors from focusing on you.  The same applies for the Slave 1.  However, this does not prevent fighters from following behind and free firing.
  • Use the Sullust Turbo-lasers as AA in Walker Assault. They are less damaging to ground base targets (with the exception to infantry).  It can take two hits to knock out a full health, unshielded target, which for the Rebellion can really help on the final set of Uplinks
  • FULLY push as the Empire on Endor Walker assault.  With only one AT-AT, most rounds will end at the second uplink if you do not push.
  • Use the Scout Pistol Star Card on close quarters maps: it's quick cool down, fast aiming, and quick killing power makes it a useful run and gun weapon.
  • The Pulse cannon requires a short charging before it does it's max damage.  Charge it before leaving cover.  It's charge can be held for a few seconds before it needs to be released.
  • Be careful when playing as Boba Fett.  If he is flanked from behind, the Jetpack (and it's programmed to do this too) is very sensitive and can cause a weakness if shot.  Likewise, use this to your advantage when facing him
  • Blocking blaster bolts as Vader, Palpatine, or Luke do NOT automatically jump back to the shooter.  Instead, inside the shield icon when blocking is a small dot that can be used to line up the deflected bolts.  However, be warned you can't stand in a corner and block everything.  You have a limited amount of time to block, and the more shots fired, the less time you have.  Counter the heroes by keeping distance and use the high firerate weapons
  • AT-ST missiles function like the Smart Missile.  Fire it in the general direction of an enemy vehicle (mainly fighters and speeders) and it will lock on.
  • The AT-ST grenade launcher is an area denail weapon, use it to clear rebels from door ways or uplinks.
  • Do not waste Card Refresh power ups.  They instantly cool down ALL equiped Star Cards, meaning you can, (using my load out for example), fire a Pulse Canon shot, jump pack away, and unload into an AT-AT with Ion Rounds, and repeat if needed.
  • The AT-AT's have been given a clear weakpoint: The underside.  Whether you are on a Hoth Dish Turret, in an X-Wing, or on the foot with Ion rounds and a Smart Missile, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS Aim for the tubing on the underside of the AT-AT.  A single Dish Turret shot when hitting the underside can knock 2 or 3% of it's health.
  • If you are the hero in Fighter Squadron, ALWAYS go for the objective, both attack or defend.  You can knock off a good portion of the Transport's health with just your turbo lasers, and your missiles can contribute.  Like wise, you will shred any attacking fighters

5Sa8Z49.gif

#173 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

They seem to have nerfed a few things, whilst not fixing any of the actual problems (god awful spawns, the borderline ridiculous AT-ST spawns and so on). That said, they've responded to people asking for more offline game types and a much needed nerf to the artificially difficult AI. No Clone Wars, space battles or The Force Awakens content, though, unless more people show interest.

Since Christmas, it's been a bit like this.

NmNVf3S.gif

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#174 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:48 AM

Wow, it's been a while, huh?

Chewbacca and Bossk are the new playable characters coming in the Death Star DLC.

Also, an offline skirmish mode is coming soon(ish), and the final DLC will take after Rogue One thematically, featuring the planet Scarif, as well as Jyn Erso and Director Orson Krennic as playable characters.

#175 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:59 AM

Hey heyyyy, if they have an offline skirmish mode, that might convince me to get this. It's nowhere near as fun gameplay-wise as the older games, but I had more fun playing split screen with a friend with a bunch of bots all around in the older ones as opposed to playing online, either teaming up to survive the battle or going head to head. Let's just hope that the AI isn't incredibly stupid; while I played a bit of the survival mode in the beta, and the AI in that seemed pretty good, I've also been going through the Battlefield 4 campaign and the AI is TERRIBLE in that one. Granted, they're not the same games, or even IP's, but DICE is in charge of both of them, and the level of quality they would strive for in an offline mode such as that could vary.

Edited by Style, 17 July 2016 - 06:00 AM.

xgd0s9.jpg

#176 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:54 PM

Eh, I kinda liked how in the old Battlefront games the AI would do stupid stuff like stare at you for a full second before shooting. Meant that if you run into a crowd of them while alone, you get a brief moment to reflect on your life choices before dying horribly. :P

#177 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

Eh, I kinda liked how in the old Battlefront games the AI would do stupid stuff like stare at you for a full second before shooting. Meant that if you run into a crowd of them while alone, you get a brief moment to reflect on your life choices before dying horribly. :P

Never, ever underestimate astoundingly stupid AI, much less in great numbers.

To use a different universe example, the UNSC marines are responsible for more friendly deaths than the entire Covenant and Flood combined.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#178 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:20 PM

Never, ever underestimate astoundingly stupid AI, much less in great numbers.

To use a different universe example, the UNSC marines are responsible for more friendly deaths than the entire Covenant and Flood combined.

Who knew a Marine with a rocket launcher could caused more self harm than the entirety of Fallout's Fatman launchers?

5Sa8Z49.gif

#179 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

Who knew a Marine with a rocket launcher could caused more self harm than the entirety of Fallout's Fatman launchers?

Rocket launcher? Just give one a vehicle, ESPECIALLY the Ghosts in the first game. If I had a nickel for every time I was killed by a power-sliding Marine... .

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#180 Bilbo_Baggins

Bilbo_Baggins

• Nova Member
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

For those of us who play on higher difficulties, the only response to this is: Who are these "marines," you speak of?

As for battlefront, honestly even a skirmish mode can't fix the main problems I encountered when I played, namely the way heroes and vehicles are handled.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Wars

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users