Minifig Help Topic

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 Kenny

Kenny

• Nova Patron
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:57 AM

does anyone know how i could make orange halo Spartan?

You could make the armor out of clay, if that's your thing. But I would recommend you order the armor for one on Brickforge, and maybe buy decals for it from Scorp's shop. I've gotten parts for several Spartans off Brickforge, they're great. ;)

#42 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

If every porkchop were perfect . . .

• Nova Patron
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

You could make the armor out of clay, if that's your thing. But I would recommend you order the armor for one on Brickforge, and maybe buy decals for it from Scorp's shop. I've gotten parts for several Spartans off Brickforge, they're great. ;)

thanks. also... does anyone know how to make a lego Mandalorien?

On May 9, 2011, HolyGhost said...
POWERSLIDE

heroes_and_villains_header___small_by_ra

Click the picture to check out Reaperman290's new roleplay, Heroes & Villains!

no I'm not just advertising it because it's a spin-off of my own roleplay why would you think that

#43 Aerion

Aerion

I've been calling it "Meep Morp."

• Nova Patron
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

EDIT: never-mind Kenny already solved it.

Edited by comando66, 23 August 2010 - 06:47 PM.

cWFIAIC.gif

#44 Aerion

Aerion

I've been calling it "Meep Morp."

• Nova Patron
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:27 AM

First-off sorry for the double post

Anyways I am attempting to create a lego R4 unit (from starwars) and I need a specific cone piece.
Posted Image
this piece, brick number 6039, white
Does anybody know of a website I can order from, preferably one that I don't need to make an account for?

EDIT: I noticed this does not have to do with a specific minifigure, but this topic is the best one this forum has for this question.

Edited by comando66, 02 September 2010 - 05:31 AM.

cWFIAIC.gif

#45 Kenny

Kenny

• Nova Patron
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

First-off sorry for the double post

Anyways I am attempting to create a lego R4 unit (from starwars) and I need a specific cone piece.
Posted Image
this piece, brick number 6039, white
Does anybody know of a website I can order from, preferably one that I don't need to make an account for?

EDIT: I noticed this does not have to do with a specific minifigure, but this topic is the best one this forum has for this question.

Bricklink. You'll need to make an account to order on it, but it's easily the best place to buy LEGO parts on the internet.

#46 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

LEGO has some good Mando parts, and they just released a revamped Slave I with a revamped Boba Fett, which you could modify or paint. Scorp also has mando decals.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#47 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:39 AM

Excuse the double post, but I haz a question. Does anyone know a good technique to remove and replace minifig arms without them getting loose and wobbly in the process? Or is it just luck?

#48 Eeevilz

Eeevilz

Panda.

• 620 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

Excuse the double post, but I haz a question. Does anyone know a good technique to remove and replace minifig arms without them getting loose and wobbly in the process? Or is it just luck?

Your's get loose/wobbly? Mine never do...

I would have, but my character got Falcon punched by a were-pire. Wow, that was a weird sentence. :P

Oh God I'm posting my actual political views in the News & Politics topic all serious-like what the heck is wrong with me

Posted Image

#49 O'Mulriain

O'Mulriain

Woodland Master

• Nova Patron
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

Not really. Mine usually don't get loose until I've done it about more times than I can count. If your's have gotten loose then maybe you should buy some fresh torsos/arms. You may also be taking them off awkwardly, like trying to screw them off or prying them off against the edge of the torso.

Yeah, that's not much help. But honestly, there isn't much you can do about it other than not do it too often.

Maybe you could stick a small hard metal object up the bottom of the torso and try popping the arms off from the inside, but that may damage the insides and probably wouldn't do much to resolve the problem.

Just throwing ideas around. ;)
God is good.

#50 Jethro Turtle

Jethro Turtle

Century Sergeant

• Validating
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:09 AM

Simple wait unitl next year for the Mandolien battle packs
And Mods can we pin this topic to the Lego Custom Section of the fourms.
Posted Image

Remeber The Blue Team of JlBlue.

#51 Stylus

Stylus

Barkleymonogatari

• 1,426 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

Anyone know of a good minifig decal template? Google ain't helping.
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius

#52 O'Mulriain

O'Mulriain

Woodland Master

• Nova Patron
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:23 AM

Anyone know of a good minifig decal template? Google ain't helping.

Template

A great article that I strongly recommend you read.

A very resourceful site.

Hope this solves your problem, plus a little extra. ;)
God is good.

#53 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:01 AM

Not really. Mine usually don't get loose until I've done it about more times than I can count. If your's have gotten loose then maybe you should buy some fresh torsos/arms. You may also be taking them off awkwardly, like trying to screw them off or prying them off against the edge of the torso.

Yeah, that's not much help. But honestly, there isn't much you can do about it other than not do it too often.

Maybe you could stick a small hard metal object up the bottom of the torso and try popping the arms off from the inside, but that may damage the insides and probably wouldn't do much to resolve the problem.

Just throwing ideas around. ;)

Hmm, well what I was doing was prying them against the torso, which I guess doesn't work. :/ Thanks.

Simple wait unitl next year for the Mandolien battle packs
And Mods can we pin this topic to the Lego Custom Section of the fourms.

They're making those?!?

Posted Image

#54 Jethro Turtle

Jethro Turtle

Century Sergeant

• Validating
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:11 AM

Yeah you didn't know, Hmm Noone ever keeps up to date on things >:( but I do ^_^
Posted Image

Remeber The Blue Team of JlBlue.

#55 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:11 AM

If you arms are loose,(most of mine are) I would just put a tiny piece of scrap paper in the arm hole, then pop the arm back in. It's already super loose, so it's not going to damage the fig anymore than it has been.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#56 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Patron
  • 698 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

I dont know if this is a dead topic but i figured its acceptable since its a help topic

Question 1: Which are better, legos great helm or brickforges?
Question 2: Are Brickforges chrome pieces any good or does the chrome come off really easy?
Question 3: Are BrickarmsBrickforge helmets to tight on the minifigs? because Ive heard that their hard to take off,
Question 4: Does anyone have a good way to remove heads from ninja hoods without damaging the neck?
Question 5: And i forgot the last question but if i remember ill edit it in. Oh! I just remembered, Does anyone know how to get black spray paint off a ninja hood?

Edited by Trik Toral, 16 November 2010 - 05:48 AM.

Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#57 O'Mulriain

O'Mulriain

Woodland Master

• Nova Patron
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:30 AM

I dont know if this is a dead topic but i figured its acceptable since its a help topic

Question 1: Which are better, legos great helm or brickforges?
Question 2: Are Brickforges chrome pieces any good or does the chrome come off really easy?
Question 3: Are BrickarmsBrickforge helmets to tight on the minifigs? because Ive heard that their hard to take off,
Question 4: Does anyone have a good way to remove heads from ninja hoods without damaging the neck?
Question 5: And i forgot the last question but if i remember ill edit it in. Oh! I just remembered, Does anyone know how to get black spray paint off a ninja hood?

It's a pinned help topic none the less. Have no fear, you did nothing wrong. ;)

1: It depends on which one you think looks better, really. The brick forge helmet is made out of ABS plastic just like LEGOs, and looks a tad less cartoonish, not to mention it comes in more colors. Ultimately the choice depends on which you think looks better.

4: Take a fresh minifig torso (one that isn't worn out), stick it onto the head, and pull. I know sometimes this dosn't work because the torso neck piece is too worn, but this technique should do the trick.

5: Spray paint? The best way I know of overcoming that is spray painting the piece over again in the desired color.

Sorry I couldn't help on all of your questions. Hopefully somebody else will come along. Good luck.
God is good.

#58 Doc

Doc

Private First Class

• Nova Patron
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:30 AM

Hay I'm trying to make a dark red scout helmet from HALO:REACH, and since Brick Forge dose not make dark red spartan helmets I was wondering what color I should use from Brick Forge, if anyone can help that would be great.

#59 Absoul The Reindeer

Absoul The Reindeer

Who does not have a shiny nose.

• Nova Patron
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:58 AM

Use red or black and decal over them. That way the gaps in the decal are less noticeable (red) or look like they're meant to be there (black)

#60 Doc

Doc

Private First Class

• Nova Patron
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:29 AM

That's what I was thinking, but Brick Forge is sold out of red helmets, so I guess I'll just half to go with black or wait until red comes back into stock and just make the spartan red instead of dark red, but thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users