• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 The Blade Falcon

The Blade Falcon

Wing Commander

• 189 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Iron Prowler @ Feb 20 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I'm resizing a decal using paint, and and width/height do i size it to using cm, inches, or pixels. Whatever.

http://images.google...t...ficial&sa=N

that one.

Torso: 1.422 cm Wide
1.201 cm Tall

Legs: 1.4 cm Wide
1.1 cm Tall

Belt: 1.4 cm Wide
0.2 cm Tall

These are the dimensions that Redbean, the creator of Brickforge uses.

Edited by The Blade Falcon, 17 March 2009 - 07:30 PM.

Blade Falcon

My Flickr

#22 Just...The Doctor

Just...The Doctor

And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!!

• Nova Patron
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

OK, I want to create my own custom weapons like BrickForge, but I don't want to spend thousands of dollars. Can anyone give me some advice? I don't plan to sell the results either.
R.I.P. Tenth Doctor 2005-2010
Posted Image

I got so emotional after watching David Tennant regenerate I cried *sob*. Whats more, is he was replaced with a wierder looking person! *Sobs some more*

#23 ObscuryT

ObscuryT

I'm French, so don't dare say bad about us.

• Nova Patron
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Katana_Master @ Jul 17 2009, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, I want to create my own custom weapons like BrickForge, but I don't want to spend thousands of dollars. Can anyone give me some advice? I don't plan to sell the results either.

Well you can always use clay and carefully make them other wise then take more clay and put the hardened weapon in the clay and keep the imprint, then heat it and then drill holes and add screws and tighten it without breaking and make it completely sealed and make a small hole that leads to the weapon and add the heated plastic stuff or instead just put clay in the imprint smush it and it should take form of the weapon and then you can have your own armory(you could even remake a lego piece with this technique.

Otherwise ask people you know if they know anyone who has the stuff to do it like brickforge and brickarms.

Edited by Death, 16 July 2009 - 09:59 PM.

You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
You dig.

Posted Image

#24 Littleboy

Littleboy

Cuz I am now among the people who steal JL's Avvies.

• 315 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (used man @ Sep 12 2008, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how would you suggest making a trench coat???

There is a special technique that I made up. It allows you to do coat effects that can be done in real life. Here:

Start by taking two trench coats,(the kind you make by cutting holes in capes) and place one on the back of the torso, and one on the front, so that it covers the whole fig. Make sure the arms are in both of the trench coats. Then cut the front one down the middle, and cut both halves shorter and shorter until they meet up in the middle of the torso tightly drawn to it. Then you can hve a jacket that opens, you can sew it together to impersonate it being buttoned together or something.

Highly effectve. But it does take up two capes.

Edited by Littleboy, 17 July 2009 - 04:25 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Just...The Doctor

Just...The Doctor

And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!!

• Nova Patron
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Does anyone have instructions/parts list/picture of an army tank. Only a simple one, nothing too complicated.

EDIT: I'm making decals with Paint.net, and I was wondering what colour should I use for a tan decal? Please give me some details.
R.I.P. Tenth Doctor 2005-2010
Posted Image

I got so emotional after watching David Tennant regenerate I cried *sob*. Whats more, is he was replaced with a wierder looking person! *Sobs some more*

#26 Spartan5511

Spartan5511

That was pretty ninja

• Nova Patron
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:05 AM

Hey guys, ok, I am working on some Terminator Salvation figs, and as soon as I pay off my Halo 3 ODST and Modern Warfare 2 pre-orders, I'm ordering a large Brick-Arms package of weapons, but it's the decals I need help with, I have sticker paper, but I need help with the template, chest, back, arms, and legs.

Please Help!
Posted Image

#27 Great Spirit of Gravity

Great Spirit of Gravity

The Great Spirit of Gravity...With a shotgun

• 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:55 AM

Im horrible at making decals can anyone help me make decals of this.
Oh HAI THAR!
Can anyone make a decal for me? Pm for details

#28 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:01 AM

Right, so I've been playing Thief II for the bazillionth time, and I thought it's high time someone made an accurate minifig of Garrett, the protagonist of the series. So what does this guy look like?
Posted Image

I realise that image makes him look like a deranged serial killer, but nevermind.
The basic minifig is easy to do, and I have no problem with making some chest/arm/leg decals, but it's the face I'm having trouble with.
After several hours of searching through bricklink and peeron, I haven't found any suitable heads. All the online decals people have made with their versions look awful. I want to do this right, and I want to do this properly.
Any suggestions on a suitable head?

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

#29 Joker

Joker

=333

• Nova Patron
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

Since I can't find the old minifig help topic by Joker, I decided to make a new one.
This could also be used to ask/answer questions about Lego weapons, I guess.
So to start off, I'd like to offer some helpful advice on making a crowbar.
If your Dad/Mom has a heat gun like <a href="http://images.google...-8&sa=N&tab=wi" target="_blank">these</a>, you can take a grey rod lego piece (like a lightsaber) and bend the end with pliers or whatever to make it look like a crowbar. I guess if you wanted to go so far as the add the flat part with the space in the middle at the end you could heat it a ton and flatten the end or something. Unfortunately I lost mine so I guess I can have my dad make another.

And to think I was gonna cuss you out just now for stealing my topic until I realised that you both mentioned me AND that I actually did post in it... wow, I must've been gone for a long time.

EDIT: To not make this post completely useless I'll lend my insane help to the guy above me. Make a custom head. It's always more personal and cool.

EDIT 2: As for decal templates, brickshelf search "template" or "minifig template" or anything like it.

#30 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:02 AM

I've been looking into making a Rune Walsh minifig, and I'm not really sure where to start. I'm probably going to need to turn to making my own Decals, (If my graphic artistry was any good at all, that would help a bit.) But the main issue I'm facing is the hair. Any suggestions?

Some reference images.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I know, not very big. But any suggestions would be awesome.

#31 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:11 AM

If you have a spare Mutt hairpiece, you could paint or sharpie it teal.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#32 Jethro Turtle

Jethro Turtle

Century Sergeant

• Validating
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

Ok well, I have a Qeustion what is the proper way to make Lego Decals ?

And Mods can you Pin this Topc please.
Posted Image

Remeber The Blue Team of JlBlue.

#33 O'Mulriain

O'Mulriain

Woodland Master

• Nova Patron
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:33 AM

Ok well, I have a Qeustion what is the proper way to make Lego Decals ?

And Mods can you Pin this Topc please.

There really isn't any "proper" way of doing them. But I guess the most basic way of putting this would be to first get the right template shape on whatever program you use. I see a lot of awkwardly shaped decal templates that would not work at all. Secondly just practice making nice looking designs on the templates until you're satisfied, then resize the decals on another program (so as not to mess up the line size and general design) like MS Word, MS Publisher, or Open Office. When that's all done with just print them out on your preferred decal/sticker/label paper, cut them out, and apply them. If you have any more specific questions, you can ask them on my profile page. That's what I told HayabusaTaichou. Happy customizing. :)

EDIT: More specific questions on this particular question you had, I mean. Not all of minifig customizing... that's what these forums are for. Thought I'd make that more clear. ;)

Edited by Narhelm, 30 June 2010 - 03:37 PM.

God is good.

#34 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:10 AM

Okay, I really want to learn how to make good decals that are Saber-Scorpion quality, um, how do I do it? Is there a program with a preset template I could draw on, or what? Please help me soon!

Never mind that.^ What program should I use to make decals, what paper should I print them on, and is there a way I could hand draw the decals on a template, scan it into the computer, and color it on the computer?

Edited by Harry Monster, 30 June 2010 - 11:37 AM.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#35 O'Mulriain

O'Mulriain

Woodland Master

• Nova Patron
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

Okay, I really want to learn how to make good decals that are Saber-Scorpion quality, um, how do I do it? Is there a program with a preset template I could draw on, or what? Please help me soon!

Never mind that.^ What program should I use to make decals, what paper should I print them on, and is there a way I could hand draw the decals on a template, scan it into the computer, and color it on the computer?

I use Serif SE pro (yeah, you're gonna have to google it... or just go the the help topic Hayabusa started earlier, it's the topic just below this one as of now). Others use MS paint, and some use programs you have to purchase, mainly adobe stuff.

As for your second question, SS uses these Avery inkjet labels, and assuming you have an inkjet printer I'm betting they'll work for you. I have a laser printer and use water-slide decal paper.

And lastly, yes, I suppose you could scan a drawing and trase over it, but that would be kinda inefficient and making them solely on the computer would probably be better, all you need to do is practice and get good at it. Now if you really, really, really wanted to do as you suggested, you could scan the item using your printer's scanner, copy the scanning, and paste it onto the program you use and trace over it, which wouldn't work on MS paint but it does on Serif Draw and with layers it does on Adobe programs. Good luck.
God is good.

#36 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

I use Serif SE pro (yeah, you're gonna have to google it... or just go the the help topic Hayabusa started earlier, it's the topic just below this one as of now). Others use MS paint, and some use programs you have to purchase, mainly adobe stuff.

As for your second question, SS uses these Avery inkjet labels, and assuming you have an inkjet printer I'm betting they'll work for you. I have a laser printer and use water-slide decal paper.

And lastly, yes, I suppose you could scan a drawing and trase over it, but that would be kinda inefficient and making them solely on the computer would probably be better, all you need to do is practice and get good at it. Now if you really, really, really wanted to do as you suggested, you could scan the item using your printer's scanner, copy the scanning, and paste it onto the program you use and trace over it, which wouldn't work on MS paint but it does on Serif Draw and with layers it does on Adobe programs. Good luck.

Thanks so much! Doesn't Scorp use a tablet with a stylus so he doesn't have to draw with a mouse? Where would I go about getting on of those?

#37 O'Mulriain

O'Mulriain

Woodland Master

• Nova Patron
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

Thanks so much! Doesn't Scorp use a tablet with a stylus so he doesn't have to draw with a mouse? Where would I go about getting on of those?

I suppose he does. I have an older version of these Wacom tablets, which works very well and I imagine the newer ones would be even better. You'll have to pay through the nose to get one though. Check around on google for others and look for reviews on them. You could even start a help topic (in the art forum?) asking Scorp what he uses and how he likes it.

I, personally, like using a mouse for my Serif Draw programs and a tablet/pen for my Adobe program (or MS Paint).

Will that be all? Once again, good luck. :)
God is good.

#38 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Patron
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:50 AM

I suppose he does. I have an older version of these Wacom tablets, which works very well and I imagine the newer ones would be even better. You'll have to pay through the nose to get one though. Check around on google for others and look for reviews on them. You could even start a help topic (in the art forum?) asking Scorp what he uses and how he likes it.

I, personally, like using a mouse for my Serif Draw programs and a tablet/pen for my Adobe program (or MS Paint).

Will that be all? Once again, good luck. :)

I think that's all for now. Thanks! And I think I will start a help topic in the ODB. Good idea!

#39 ravenhammer

ravenhammer

sgt gunslinger

• 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

I have builders block and need help. Any sugestions as to what I should build? I have limited resources.
Spoiler

Posted Image
I am a Soldier of Zygbar-
What are You?

#40 Princess Floweraven

Princess Floweraven

If every porkchop were perfect . . .

• Nova Patron
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:15 AM

does anyone know how i could make orange halo Spartan?

On May 9, 2011, HolyGhost said...
POWERSLIDE

heroes_and_villains_header___small_by_ra

Click the picture to check out Reaperman290's new roleplay, Heroes & Villains!

no I'm not just advertising it because it's a spin-off of my own roleplay why would you think that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users