Minifig Help Topic

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Anasazi!

Anasazi!

FIRE IS MOTION. WORK IS REPITITION.

• 566 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:58 AM

Since I can't find the old minifig help topic by Joker, I decided to make a new one.
This could also be used to ask/answer questions about Lego weapons, I guess.
So to start off, I'd like to offer some helpful advice on making a crowbar.
If your Dad/Mom has a heat gun like these, you can take a grey rod lego piece (like a lightsaber) and bend the end with pliers or whatever to make it look like a crowbar. I guess if you wanted to go so far as the add the flat part with the space in the middle at the end you could heat it a ton and flatten the end or something. Unfortunately I lost mine so I guess I can have my dad make another.
Cap'n Jazz & Tera Melos are the best bands ever ever.

#2 Joker

Joker

=333

• Nova Patron
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:19 AM

Feel free to ask questions here if you‘re stuck on a minifig and I‘ll try to help.

I‘ll also move this to the WIP section...

#3 used man

used man

ぬぬぬぬぬぬぬぬ

• 209 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:41 AM

how would you suggest making a trench coat???

#4 Joker

Joker

=333

• Nova Patron
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (used man @ Sep 12 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cut two arm holes in a cape.

#5 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (used man @ Sep 12 2008, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You get a torso (any torso) and take of the arms. Then you put your cape on and around it so that it covers the back, and both sides. Then you get a knife or a sharp pencil or something, and work your way into poking a small hole for the arm joint to fit through the holes in the torso (it may take some time). Then you do the same for the other side. You put both arms in over the trench coat, and there you have it.

If anyone wants, I can make a tutorial with pictures...

Edit: Ah... covered it have you, Joker? Mine was longer. tongue.gif

#6 Just...The Doctor

Just...The Doctor

And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable!!

• Nova Member
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

Can someone tell me how to make a double-bladed lightsaber handle with the same tip at each end?
R.I.P. Tenth Doctor 2005-2010
Posted Image

I got so emotional after watching David Tennant regenerate I cried *sob*. Whats more, is he was replaced with a wierder looking person! *Sobs some more*

#7 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

But where do I get more capes? I'd love a trenchcoat but I couldn't lose one of my two capes!

#8 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Roba Fett @ Oct 4 2008, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone tell me how to make a double-bladed lightsaber handle with the same tip at each end?

1. Take two Lightsabers of the same colour hilt.
2. Cut the hilt as close to the smaller bit as you can, the bit at the bottom.
3. Repeat for other lightsaber hilt.
4. Take the two hilts, and either glue them together, or drill a hold through the middle of each and pin them together.

Voila! One Double-Bladed Lightsaber Handle.
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#9 Krekkagon

Krekkagon

Naszfluckah

• 391 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Shawn Spencer @ Oct 4 2008, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But where do I get more capes? I'd love a trenchcoat but I couldn't lose one of my two capes!

Well... it doesn't look as good, but you don't have to make holes in the cape, right? there are already two, so instead of putting it around the neck, put the arms through the holes in the cape and then to the torso. Get it?

#10 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

MMCB Capes will help.

It costs money, but it's very good.
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#11 Arcangel

Arcangel

Corporal

• Nova Member
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:15 AM

Got any good tips about making a ghilie suit that doesnt involve plastic plants?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Scorchy

Scorchy

Darkness falls; here comes the rain.

• Nova Member
  • 361 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (Arcangel The Destroyer @ Nov 24 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got any good tips about making a ghilie suit that doesnt involve plastic plants?

Different coloured card. Mainly greens and tans obviously, and perhaos use a cargo net they made back in the day. If not, if sure you could improvise.

And I'm here, by the way. tongue.gif I can help with general stuff, but I'll definatly take any brick-creature questions.

-Scorchy-

"Many people have died for their beliefs; it's actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe." – Brom (Eragon pg.197)

#13 dog11561

dog11561

Super Lego Star Wars Fan

• 21 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:27 AM

i have 2 questions. one: how could i make my own, custom minifigs weapons, like brickarms does, and two, does anyone have any tips on making a jango fett helmet???
I saw,
I took,
I built!

97 PERCENT OF TEENS HAVE MOVED ON TO RAP. IF YOUR ONE OF THE 3 PERCENT THAT STILL LIKE ROCK PUT THIS AS YOUR SIG.

#14 Scorchy

Scorchy

Darkness falls; here comes the rain.

• Nova Member
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (dog11561 @ Nov 28 2008, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have 2 questions. one: how could i make my own, custom minifigs weapons, like brickarms does, and two, does anyone have any tips on making a jango fett helmet???

Okay, first things first. To make good, quality minifig weapons like Brickarms, it's gonna cost you a few thousand dollars for the molding machine. Believe me, my friend Koth and I were going to start making them, but we found out how much it would cost. There are cheaper alternatives, but as far as I know, the quality of the overall product diminishes rapidly with cheaper machines. You can of course, cut and snip at existing products for your own minifigs, but you couldn't sell them.
Second, sort of. Unless your willing to splash out something like $27 (That's about £18 btw) for a Jango helmet, there's not an awful lot you can do. If you happen to have a green Boba helmet, you can paint it to try and recreate a Jango helmet. But starting from scratch...
Well, I'm not sure even Joker could make a good one.

-Scorchy-

"Many people have died for their beliefs; it's actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe." – Brom (Eragon pg.197)

#15 explosive cheesy bananas

explosive cheesy bananas

Rookie

• 20 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:39 AM

How could i make a good exo suit without making the lego guy too bulky? legohead.gif

Edited by explosive cheesy bananas, 01 December 2008 - 09:05 AM.

Posted Image GreenYou value growth, life, adaptation and nature. You love to hunt, mate, kill, and eat—to you, that's all there is. At your best, you are instinctual and unpretentious. At your worst, you are vicious and unthinking. Your symbol is a tree. Your enemies are blue and black.

#16 Iron Prowler

Iron Prowler

SSLF's kid with curly hair.

• 107 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:10 AM

How can i resize a lego torso template? Paint doesn't work, and i don't know what to resize it to!
"I have dreams. Dreams worth DYING FOR!"

#17 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:34 AM

Trenchcoat Template

Quit butchering your capes with crappy results. Doodstormer is here to save the day.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#18 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:54 AM

Can someone give me tips on making a sort of stealth hardsuit type of thing?

Posted Image

#19 Aro Mak Aderson

Aro Mak Aderson

HeroMaster-Also on Roblox

• Nova Member
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:01 AM

Well, Ive been workig on Lego suits for a while, I havet had any more breakthroughs though. If it makes you feel better, ill work on some today. If I get anything, ill tell you.
IMAPOTATOE

#20 Iron Prowler

Iron Prowler

SSLF's kid with curly hair.

• 107 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:08 AM

Yeah I'm resizing a decal using paint, and and width/height do i size it to using cm, inches, or pixels. Whatever.

http://images.google...t...ficial&sa=N

that one.
"I have dreams. Dreams worth DYING FOR!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users