#1 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

POPULAR

Hey folks!

So... if you've looked at anything I've made (Fantasy Funnies included) then you've probably seen a chunk of my minifigs. Well, guess what, I've decided it's time for me to show off some of them (hopefully all of them someday). 

Let's get started!

----

For today's selection of figs, I want to introduce you to the Order of the Holy Blade. They're a Mythic Science faction that emerged from the teachings of the Paladin Order of the distant past. They're still a growing group a minifigs, but let me introduce them.

dsc05701.jpg

First off, these are Vanquisher Paladins. Armed with heavy machine guns, advanced communications, and back lights, these paladins lay down some heavy fire into their enemies.

dsc05702.jpg

Their torsos and legs are covered with some custom decals that Scorp made. They were based off of the Nexo Knight torso and the Xarkon soldier legs. I think they turned out pretty good.

dsc05703.jpg

dsc05704.jpg

For every paladin there are commanding officers. Unfortunately, I don't have any Knight Captains present, so this guy with the fancy flags will take charge. Who the heck is he?

dsc05705.jpg

This is a Lord Commander. Typically, a number of Knight Captains would be under his command, but today he gets to lead the grunts. Like the other paladins, he has the same great decals on the chest and legs. Unlike the rest, he has shiny shoulders, gold vambraces, and a fancy waist-cloth. I also outfitted him with a double shot, plasma rifle. However, even the Lord Commander has a boss.

dsc05706.jpg

"The troops are ready for battle!"

But, who are these three? These three are Paladin Judges. Only three Judges are appointed at a given time, and they are some of the greatest champions of the light.

dsc05708.jpg

dsc05711.jpg

dsc05714.jpg

Similar to the Lord Commander, each Judge has a set of golden shoulders, a set of flags, vambraces, and a waist-cloth. As usual, they also have the same chest and leg decals as the others. In addition, each Judge carries a unique weapon set, a battle standard, and a brand new helmet.

dsc05709.jpg

dsc05710.jpg

dsc05712.jpg

dsc05713.jpg

dsc05715.jpg

On each shoulder is a number and a symbol. The inspiration for the shoulders came from both Warhammer 40k and the T6 Paladin Set from World of Warcraft. I really wanted them to stand out from the typical paladin. The helmets are from Arealight Customs, but if you're in the US, you might want to try AFK My Homework on Bricklink.

dsc05716.jpg

Lastly, here is a picture of the entire group.

----

That's all for today's Minifig Showcase! I hope to post an update every Friday.

As usual

Decals by Saber-Scorpion

C&C is always welcome and appreciated!!!

:lego_smile:

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!

Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#2 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:11 AM

These are fantastic. I'd love to lock you and Scorpion in a room and see what awesome sci-fi universe emerged.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#3 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

POPULAR

Hey hey, HAPPY FRIDAY!

You know what that means? MINIFIG TIME!

LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----

So, last time you got a taste of some righteous fury from the Order of the Holy Blade. This time, I present to you, powerful ladies.

And you know who's coming first...

dsc05728.jpg

That's right, you've seen her kicking @$$ in several MOCs, and here she is with updated weaponry. I present to you Althenia.

dsc05729.jpg

Weaponry:

- Protoype BrickWarriors Rebel Axe

- BrickWarriors Pugio

This minifig was primarily inspired by two characters: Red Sonja and Tyris Flare (Golden Axe I and II). Honestly, she's probably become one of my favorite female minifigs. Scorp did a fantastic job on the decals and really allowed me to make this character stand out. The other interesting part on her is the waist-cloth, which was provided by Arealight Customs. Don't let her looks fool you! She is quite the agile fighter. Heck, she better be agile with lack of armor. 

dsc05730.jpg

Even has back printing!

dsc05731.jpg

But what's this? Am I seeing her twin sister? Nope, just another variant of her.

dsc05732.jpg

That's right! Althenia has an alternate outfit. Her original outfit is her desert outfit. This outfit is actually her Nordic outfit. Stop! I know what you're thinking. This outfit does not look like it would provide any form of warmth. To that I say, you're right! Truth be told, she's thick-skinned and does not seem to be affected by temperature, until it get's terribly cold. When that happens, it's time to break out the animal pelts (that gives me an idea for another set of decals).

dsc05733.jpg

Full Decal

dsc05734.jpg

You know what's better than an alternate outfit? Two alternate outfits! Althenia is one of the few minifigs that actually has three combat variants. This one was more designed for adventures in the forest and swamps. Like the other two, she wields the dame weapons, and has equally as much detail as the other two.

dsc05735.jpg

dsc05736.jpg

dsc05737.jpg

Pictures showing off her decals.

dsc05738.jpg

Similar to Althenia, this is Scarlet. Commonly referred to as Blood-Drinker, she comes from the same clan of barbarians Althenia comes from. 

Weaponry

- 2x BrickWarriors Breaker Blade

dsc05739.jpg

For this minifig, I utilized an Arealight Customs, curved torso, BrickWarriors bracers, and Scorp's decals to come up with a make-shift armor/cloth look. The whole idea was that she armored herself from fallen foes, hence the reason why her armor is not uniform.

dsc05740.jpg

Back details

dsc05741.jpg

Now, onto a more armored character. This is a paladin from the Order of Tears.

Weaponry

- BrickWarriors Flail

- BrickWarriors Pavise Shield

Ever since I read SYWBAA, I knew I needed to have a pally in this armor. Overall, it was a simple combination using TLG pieces, BrickWarriors weaponry, and Scorp's decals. 

dsc05743.jpg

Ya know, as I recall in SYWBAA, D.O.R.C. only made it to mail armor. I am very curious to know what the plate variant of this decal would look like.

dsc05744.jpg

Paladin vs. Barbarian. Place your bets!

dsc05745.jpg

This is one of my latest minifigs. Fighter Lucia Quickblade has a cool, new combo that I recently discovered.

Weaponry

- Brickforge Hero Sword

dsc05746.jpg

I love the Saber-Scorpion decal for the chest, with Tauriel's legs from the Lake Town set. It gives the appearance of a green, long coat. Combined with other earthy colors, this design turned out to be pretty darn neat.

dsc05747.jpg

Step forward if you dare!

dsc05748.jpg

Up next, the Master Thief and Explorer, Jacqueline Pierce of Hislith. The decals used for this minifig were based off of a modified chest piece created for the BrickWarriors Crusader minifig.

Weaponry

- BrickWarriors Cutlass

dsc05749.jpg

dsc05750.jpg

In addition to the chest decal, throwing knife decals were added to legs, adding on to the rogue nature of this character. Overall, I think she turned out pretty good. Has a nice rogue feel to it.

dsc05752.jpg

Last, but not least, another favorite, female minifig of mine, Kira Feron (or Kira Melanes depending on the time period) from the Black Lance Guild.

Weaponry

- Brickforge Longbow

- Brickforge Laser Beam

dsc05753.jpg

dsc05754.jpg

Back printing.

She use to be in the Lady of the Pond decals, but I decided it was finally time to give her an upgrade. Using an Arealight, curved torso, waist-cloth, and Cape Madness waist-cloth, I managed to create a more wild look for her. Given the fact that she spends plenty of time in the forest, I thought this was pretty appropriate for her character. Like her previous version, she still features the satchel and "one-ring" arm band. I even took the time to update her face as well...

dsc05755.jpg

See... she can freak out now! But why is she freaking out (because I'm almost done...)?

dsc05756.jpg

Because she's transforming into a werewolf! I know you've probably seen these guys plenty of times before, but allow me to explain some things about this werewolf. 

Part Combo

1) Monster Fighter's Werewolf Head

2) CMF Minotaur Chest

3) CMF Faun Legs

I really wish there were more furry torsos and arms, but sadly there are none. I went with the Faun legs shortly after Brickfair. The legs had a cool werewolf shape to it, but the feet will require Brasso to remove the hooves. Overall, given the small variety of wolfy parts available, I think this one is pretty good for now. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears!

----

Anyways, that's all for today! Hope you all enjoyed the minifigs!

Stay tuned for next week, where I start busting out Knights and Paladins!

As usual

Decals by Saber-Scorpion

C&C is always welcome and appreciated!

Local SSLF Builder

8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#4 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

Oh hey, you posted in here again! Maybe I should leave some feedba-

dsc05714.jpg

Massimo-DAlema.jpg

Okay, so that's a custom helmet.

Fortunately, the Sacred, Lego Mandalorian Helmet has not been sullied.

This time.

dsc05741.jpg

dsc05745.jpg

dsc05752.jpg

dsc05756.jpg

I gotta say, I like all the mini-figs in this update (for no obvious reasons *cough cough*), but these ones are my favorites. The Paladin especially (not because I'm biased on the other greatest mini-fig comic besides Fantasy Funnies *cough cough*).

#5 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

Okay, so that's a custom helmet.

Fortunately, the Sacred, Lego Mandalorian Helmet has not been sullied.

This time.

91aad29824107d613b435e3563bc15f2.jpg

Link to Bricklink Store for various Mando Helmets: https://www.bricklin...owHomeItems":1}

Local SSLF Builder

8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#6 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:14 PM

Welcome back ladies and gentlemen of the SSLF!

When we left off, we had some bad@$$ ladies being shown off. This time, I present to you, some knights and paladins. And where better to start than...

dsc05757.jpg

Knight's Valor!

So... this is another guild that is in progress (primarily because my resources are being committed to another project, which should be finished towards the end of February). I currently have four customized knights, but I'm hoping to have 32 of them at some point, along with their army as well. So here's the break down!

dsc05758.jpg

dsc05759.jpg

dsc05761.jpg

dsc05762.jpg

dsc05760.jpg

The typical Knight's Valor appearance is a set of plate armor, shield, and a weapon. In addition, a fancy waist-cloth and custom cape are added to further represent the Kingdom of Hislith. Also, if you look closely, you'll see some Brickforge, silver vambraces around their arms. Since their armor is exactly the same, I needed a way to differentiate between them. To do this, I decided that each member has to have different style helmets. Now, that is going to be a tad difficult given the limited amount of helmets. However, I believe I can make this work with different adornments being added to each helmet.

dsc05763.jpg

Custom capes from Cape Madness

dsc05764.jpg

dsc05765.jpg

dsc05766.jpg

Leading Knight's Valor is none other than Lord Edorin Gwyn, Champion of Hislith, and slayer of great beasts. This one minifig  was the start of Knight's Valor. My overall goal was to deck this guy out in the flashiest gear that any knight could be in. Top it off with a custom Brickforge shield, and a shiny chrome claymore from Brickarms, and BAM! I have the most flashy and awesome knight I have ever come up with. The helmet is probably the defining piece of equipment he has. Just for the record, those are pearl gold, five point crowns inserted into the plume sockets on the helmet visor. 

But hey, these aren't the only knights I've got walking around.

dsc05767.jpg

dsc05768.jpg

Some are less flashy, but equally as cool minifigs. The noteworthy items used here are the Brickforge Viking Berserker pack, CMF Viking legs, and a Brick Warriors Arming Sword. This combination feels pretty solid. I was trying to go for more of a wandering knight, and I think this works.

dsc05769.jpg

"Drop your sword and begone!"

Next up is a minifig I introduced with the Army Ankora.

dsc05770.jpg

dsc05771.jpg

dsc05772.jpg

Count Cedric Ballard of Ankora is yet another fancy knight in my collection. I designed him around the CMF Heroic Knight, but added a couple of things. I swapped the legs out for the Kingdoms, silver chainmail legs, which have to be one of the best leg designs for fantasy/medieval minifigs. I also changed his standard CMF shield out for a Brickforge Crownie Shield (available from the Crown Crusader Accessory Pack). Next, I found a waist-cloth and cape from Cape Madness that matched with his style and pieced him together. Of course, since the face was not fitting for him, the face was also changed. In comparison to other knights in Ankora, he needed to look more flashy since he's in a position of leadership.

dsc05773.jpg

But even Counts of Ankora must answer to higher authority.

dsc05778.jpg

This is a serious overhaul on an old character of mine. This is Prince Kyle Melanes of Ankora. He also happens to be a member of the Black Lance Guild, just like his wife, Kira. He has gone through several upgrades and changes, including a new face, addition of a cape, upgraded armor, and a leg change. Sadly, he lost Shield Sword, but will get it back once he manages to wrest it from the Orc Warchief. For now, he wields a Brickforge Sovereign Sword (which you can no longer buy). But, that's a story for a different day. Honestly, he's not too flashy of a character, but that's just a reflection on his character. 

dsc05779.jpg

"Well met, paladin!"

dsc05780.jpg

dsc05781.jpg

This is Paladin Fenix Vae. He is the student to my sigfig, Kain Talon. This minifig has seen a drastic change from his previous, ebony armored form. So, let me explain a couple of things about him.

First off, if you took a look at Scorp's post about historical suggestions for decals, you'll recall that tabards were one of the bigger sellers on SSLF. This is why tabards are awesome. You can do so much with them in minifig customization. Furthermore, they're a way to show faction affiliation. Aaaannnddd, to make things better, if you ever want a custom emblem on a tabard, Scorp's commissions are very reasonable. Heck, I should know, I think this is my third custom tabard. So what are you waiting for? Put in a commission request!

SSLF store plug aside, I wanted Fenix to really stand out on his own. Originally, his ebony armor was a gift from Kain, along with his shield. However, I decided that he needed to show more affiliation with his Paladin Chapter, The Order of Lions. Now, TLG has plenty of ways to make a Lion Paladin. Unfortunately, those ways are a bit meh to me. I took inspiration for this design from the Faraam Knight from DS2 and this paladin:

Faraam Knight - https://s-media-cach...2ea9e3ba2a4.jpg

Paladin - http://img10.deviant...242-d9zbuor.png

I used a loin cloth (Arealight Customs) on top of a blue kama (Cape Madness) to create the hanging bits of the armor. The decal was then applied to a standard blue torso, which created a nice cloth look. For the arms, I added silver vambraces from Brickforge, and used light-gray hands to make it appear as though those were silver gauntlets on his arms. Lastly, I had to deface a fur, white cape from Cape Madness to create the fur around the shoulders. When I put Fenix's Lion Paladin set together, I was pleasantly surprised with how good it looked. I considered giving him a Rohan helmet (standard version), but decided against it. His sword is the Brickforge Wizard Sword, which may or may not be available at the moment.

dsc05782.jpg

"Don't worry Kyle, I've got your back!"

Well, that's all for now! Tune in next week when I take you to the dark side, and show off some evil villains!

As usual

Decals by Saber-Scorpion (for real, get those commissions).

Local SSLF Builder

8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#7 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

dsc05757.jpg

Knight's Valor!

So... this is another guild that is in progress (primarily because my resources are being committed to another project, which should be finished towards the end of February). I currently have four customized knights, but I'm hoping to have 32 of them at some point, along with their army as well. So here's the break down!

You're going to have 32 of these guys?

Are you sure that money doesn't grow on trees where you live?

dsc05767.jpg

Oh hey, its that guy!

You should honestly think about coming up with some sort of backstory for this guy, as he seems to be the butt of a lot of jokes in Fantasy Funnies.

#8 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Mine list, twice-checked

• 1,359 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:51 PM

Excellently done!  I greatly appreciate all the thought you put into these minifigs, from their accessories and colors to their backstories.   Even with the original Lego parts you incorporated, they blend so seamlessly with your other choices that I had to do a double-take and ensure they weren't assembled that way.  Keep up the good work!  (or play, in this case)

gallery_15330_272_177677.gif

"Live with honor, die with glory."

#9 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:24 PM

I hope you're ready to get a little evil today, because I have some cool villains and more backstories to drop!

So let's dive in!

----

dsc05834.jpg

I would like to introduce you all to Necros. This guy wreaks of being a villain. The inspiration for this guy comes from one of the coolest custom figs I have ever seen:

Armothe (Sigfig of one of the guys who came up with Brickforge)

fn_armothe_render.jpg

fn_armothe_front.jpg

That aside, back to Necros.

dsc05835.jpg

Necros is a Warlock. Long ago, he was once a powerful sorcerer named Dovyn Fale. Dovyn was quite the nice person, but he had a change of heart after he came into contact with the weakened Dark Maiden. Seeing the immense power that was locked within her, he soon became obsessed with obtaining demonic power, in order to tear out the even greater power within her. While he succeeded at removing part of it, which completed his demonic transformation, he failed to fully recover it. Since then, the Dark Maiden fled, dividing the power between her and her young daughter. He is now known as Necros, and he commands the Maukr Marauders of the Highlands. His true goals remain a mystery, but one thing is certain. He still seeks the Dark Maiden and her daughter, and he will not stop till their power is his.

Necros is a combination of really good pieces. For starters, his weaponry is all from TLG. A black lightsaber hilt with 2 emeralds helped create a perfect, demonic scepter. The blade is from the recent, ghost Ninjago sets. Torso and legs are from the limited edition Darth Revan figure that TLG produced. Okay, take this one from me, Star Wars robes can make excellent mage/wizard/warlock/etc. gear. Combined with an Arealight Loincloth, I felt as though this made his robes stick out even more. Next, I need some vambraces for his wrists. Prior to this picture, he was wearing dark gray vambraces from Brickforge. However, with BrickWarriors recent release of the spiked vambraces, I knew it was time to upgrade. On his back, you will notice the most defining feature of him, the BrickWarriors Demon/Dragon Wings.Those are mounted on two clips and applied to the clear neck brace from TLG (this one is much better for wings than the older style neck brace. If you don't recognize his helmet, you probably weren't around for KKI or KKII (Knight's Kingdom 1 and 2). The visor is from Vladek, and it is one of the more evil looking visors you can find. So, if you stare closely at him, you will notice the evil eye peering back at you. This is actually meant to replicate the evil eye produced by the Helm of the Black Dragon.

The face is none other than...

dsc05836.jpg

The Eye of Sauron! Yep, it can make for one bad @$$ effect. Honestly, I would pay for someone to wire him up so his face could glow.

Next up, is possibly one of my favorite villains from my world.

dsc05838.jpg

This here is Vincent Ekdrin. He is the rank 2 assassin in the Black Hand, and also serves as the advisor to the Dark Lord of the Necropolis, which is the main city for vampires and Lorensi. For years, he served under the Dark Lords, guiding them towards their goal of obtaining the Scroll of Life. As far as customization goes, he's nothing special, apart from the Brickforge Sovereign Sword, which is no longer available. 

So what makes him so special?

Well... he's not actually a vampire...

dsc05839.jpg

He's actually the Angel of Death, Kal'drinn. 

dsc05840.jpg

To make a really long story short, he's actually out to destroy all living things that are not on his side.

I'm quite a fan of his current look, but I do need to get some slamming decals for him eventually. His legs are the CMF Evil Knight legs. On top, is a black waist cape from Cape Madness. On his arms are the OG BrickWarriors Vambraces (which sell out super quickly). To make him stand out from other angels, I gave him Black Feather Wings from BrickWarriors. He's suppose to carry a gigantic curved sword known as Soul Warden, but most of the gigantic curved swords available look kind of meh to me. Instead, he wields a black, BrickWarriors Katana, which is far superior to TLG's katana.

I'd dive more into his backstory, but that is a lengthy one, which will probably never be explained on this site. 

dsc05841.jpg

Next is Sarrik Bloodmourne. Sarrik is one of the Dread Knights that served under the Dread King. Since the Dread King's defeat, he wanders the lands as a mercenary seeking a purpose. Known for being very strong and skilled with frost magic, he was one of the toughest Dread Knights during the Dread War. He is also the rival to Kain Talon, Guildmaster of the Black Lance. His design was inspired by Darion Mograine from WoW:

97408-highlord-darion-mograine.jpg

dsc05842.jpg

The majority of his gear comes from BrickWarriors. The legs are from BrickWarrior's Grimdr minifig, which is no longer available. I originally wanted to go for a semi-Nordic look to give a reflection of his homeland, Northshire. His face comes from a Prince of Persia set (the one with the dagger in it). I really like how you still get a good look at his blue eyes through the helmet. I was going for that creepy, blue eyed look that Death Knights have in WoW. Again, I feel like he came out pretty good, but I'll probably make a few additional tweaks to him over time.

dsc05846.jpg

Speaking of the Dread War, here is the main baddy of that war, the Dread King! He is one of the Four Kings, which are powerful entities imbued with a shard of the Orb of Cyl, which was used by the Titans to create this universe. The original Dread King was a powerful necro knight which struck down many of the old kingdoms of the lands. Over time, new kingdoms arose and fought against him. Eventually, they were successful in destroyin his body, forcing his soul back into the black blade he wielded. To prevent his return, the old Mage Lord froze the land, known as the Dark Terrace, hoping it would remain there for eternity. Unfortunately, many years later, an adventurer became curious and traveled to the Dark Terrace. The dark power within the blade had melted the ice that imprisoned it; all it needed was a new host. This said adventurer attempted to draw the blade and became the next host. With the Dread King free, he resurrected the slain from the Frostbrim Sea and Dark Terrace and set out on a quest to ruin the kingdoms.

dsc05847.jpg

While I won't go over his TLG items he's wearing, I will go over his custom items. The waist armor and breastplate are from the Brickforge Bianco Leone Paladin pack. His weapon is the Little Armory, Greatsword. Before you ask, no this sword is no longer available, and is a legendary gray market item. Little Armory was one of the earliest gray market vendors for weaponry. After a while, they closed down then re-opened, then closed down again. This weapon is not made of the best quality of plastic, but is still pretty durable. It also happens to be the biggest two-handed weapon ever (even bigger than the BrickWarriors Flamberge).

dsc05848.jpg

dsc05849.jpg

Drow Assassin, Nevalla Heartseeker. She is one of the members of the Shadowstalker Guild, which is an evil guild. She is a close companion of Lord Svelos, Guildmaster of the Shadowstalkers. Similar to Vincent, nothing too fancy here other than the addition of a BrickWarriors hood, black cape, dual BrickWarriors Dirks, and a dark elf, Saber-Scorpion decal. Torso and legs are from that TMNT ninja lady (can't remember her name). Come to think of it, some bladed vambraces would look pretty killer on her right now. 

dsc05850.jpg

dsc05851.jpg

fTrica.gif

This here is Kolvas. He is the 9th child of the Dark Maiden, and the wielder of the Greatsword of the Moon. Kolvas was an exceptional Lorensi Sorcerer and dark arts user. Having been cast aside like the rest of the Dark Maiden's children (except the 10th and final child), he wandered the lands taking what he pleased. He is one of the most wanted men in the west. While many do not know it, he is also the person responsible for stealing the Greatsword of the Moon from the Moon Guard of Avaria. To this day, the Moon Guard still hunt for the perpetrator. 

Again, another simple combination of pieces from Star Wars robes (Kylo Ren's gear). Vambraces are from BrickWarriors, and the blade is the BrickArms Claymore. The claymore came from the boss loot crate from GI Brick. I'm not sure there are more available.

dsc05852.jpg

Lastly, I present to you the twin princes of the Necropolis: Thaeran Uhlrirk (left) and Lucien Uhlrirk (right). And you probably guessed it, but in case you haven't, yes, they are vampires.

dsc05853.jpg

Thaeran Uhlrirk is the eldest of the twins. Unlike most other vampires, he is a Vampire Lord, which means he does not necessarily need to drink blood to stay alive; he is immune to the blood curse. He excels at melee combat, but he is not unfamiliar with the dark arts.

He is wanted for the murder of his parents, the previous Dark Lords. Supposedly, he killed them for the throne when he was very young. Because of this, he and is brother Lucien are bitter foes. It also did not help that he had no interest in recovering the Scroll of Life, which supposedly speaks of a cure to the blood curse. Having been chased out of the Necropolis, and hunted by the Black Hand, he has learned to blend into cities and stay stealthy when needed.

His Vampire Lord form is significantly stronger and faster, and even has the ability to grant him flight. However, he is more susceptible to holy damage.

dsc05854.jpg

Lucien Uhlrirk is the current Dark Lord of the Necropolis. Driven by anger and the guiding hand of Vincent Ekdrin, he leads a bloody campaign against the denizens of the Deepvale forest, hoping to obtain the Scroll of Life. At the same time, he coordinates with the Black Hand to see that his brother pays for his crimes.

Unlike Thaeran, Lucien is more of a spell caster. He commands great, unholy power, which is capable of striking fear into foes. He also wields a Shadow Longsword for close encounters. Unfortunately, he is not a Vampire Lord, meaning that blood drinking is a necessity.

----

That's all for today folks! Hope you enjoyed the post. Stay tuned for next week, when I show off Adventurers: Great and Small!

Until then, have a nice weekend!

As usual

Decals by Saber-Scorpion.

Local SSLF Builder

8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#10 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Patron
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

There are all such exemplary displays of combined decal and custom accessories. Very good choices for weapons and armors that result in really cool characters. My favorites are actually Fenix and Prince Kyle who look like they would make a great duo series together. 

giphy.gif

#11 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

Hello members of the SSLF!

I am here once again with more minifigs to show off! Hope you enjoy this next batch!

dsc05866.jpg

Starting off, let me introduce Micisoni Bronzebeard, brother to King Armenik Bronzebeard, and one of the original founders of the Black Lance Guild.

dsc05867.jpg

Following suit with the rest of my dwarfs, I decided that he needed to have a black powder weapon. However, unlike the others, his is a rifle with a battleaxe bayonet on it. Unfortunately, because I'm an idiot, I did not get a picture of him brandishing it, but I'm certain you can get an idea for what it looks like. His legs come from a little, not well-known, vendor called BrickFortress. For that matter, you probably noticed the army of Faermoore had interesting looking legs. Since very few detailed short legs have been made by TLG, I would recommend going with the legs from BrickFortress. Why? One thing, mobility! Moving along, he's also wearing the Legionnaire torso from the CMF Legionnaire minifig. Standard dark red arms were added along with BrickWarriors Vambraces (they are da best)! His hair comes from the LotR Gloin minifig. Honestly, it makes him stand out even more than he does among the rest of my dwarfs.

On the left you can see him in his non-adventuring gear. Yes, he enjoys some of that dwarven hash that seems to be all the rage in the western continents.

I mentioned earlier that he is the brother to Armenik Bronzebeard, the King of Faermoore. You probably asked the question, "Why does the dwarf king have the last name Bronzebeard? His beard is clearly black!" Your right. The answer is genetics! But that's enough on about science. Micisoni is pretty much like his brother, but he is much more fighty than him. He's seen his fair share of bar brawls, drinking competitions, and other wild shenanigans. Regardless, he is a trustworthy and honorable ally.

dsc05868.jpg

Next up is Azshara Leyana, veteran ranger captain of Avaria, and one of the founding members of the Black Lance Guild.

dsc05869.jpg

So, if you've ever taken a look at the SSLF store (you have, haven't you?), you will have run across these gorgeous set of decals. Apart from these decals, the rest are straight up TLG pieces, with the exception of the Recurve Bow from Brickforge. On the right, is her non-adventuring gear. The hair/ears comes from the LotR sets. Rather than leave the ears fleshy, I took some yellow paint and made them yellow.

When I originally sat down and designed my guild, I knew I needed a bad@$$ elf in the group. Technically she's part troll, but that's a story for another day. Anyways, following with the whole elf thing, she was also the first ranged member of the guild. Having served with the Avarian Rangers, she has the perfect skill set for any adventuring team. She also acts as a mentor figure to the Princess of Ankora.

dsc05870.jpg

Next up is Tera Mitsuna, kunoichi of the Extraho-Sol Empire, and yet another member of the Black Lance Guild.

dsc05871.jpg

Okay, so the primary design of these minifig was inspired by two of my favorite, female video game characters:

Kasumi from DoA (yeah the decal/minifig exists because of a commission)

KasumiDOA.jpg

Mai Shiranui (image is too big)

Link: https://pre10.devian...815-d9q8q9w.png

I've gone through plenty of iterations of this character, swapping torsos, changing hairstyles, and changing weapons, but finally settled on this appearance. The loincloth is from Arealight Customs (AFK My Homework if you're in the US). Torso decal is from Saber-Scorpion, and was based off of the picture of Kasumi. My overall goal was to design a light character that was highly skilled in stealth. So far, this is what I've gotten to, although I will admit, I would like to give her an additional weapon. So what's with the fans? Those are her weapons. On the right, you'll notice her in her typical non-adventuring apparel. She's suppose to be in a pink kimono, but I need to put in another decal request to get this same design in a light shade of pink.

Technically speaking, she use to be a dancer. This is even more apparent when she is actually forced into combat, which is a rarity. The fans have a bladed end, which most enemies never notice until it's too late. Tera is also very efficient with throwing weapons. She prefers to fight from stealth, and will typically run when confronted. Oddly enough, despite being stealthy, she is afraid of the dark. 

dsc05872.jpg

Saleena Fale, Lorensi Witch, and... you guessed it... another member of the Black Lance Guild. Don't worry, everyone on this list is not from the Black Lance.

dsc05873.jpg

dsc05874.jpg

For starters, this is the only peach skin in the guild, and that has to do with her being Lorensi (more on that in a bit). The purple skirt is from CapeMadness, vambraces are from Brickforge, and the custom decal is a modification on Laura Croft's Dress decal by Saber-Scorpion. The staff is from Brickforge as well. If you get the typical wizard staff, you can actually stick a Brickforge Sickle into the top of it to give it a crescent shape. Using a Trans-Purple Sickle, I was able to make a rather cool looking dark staff for her.

So several sentences ago I mentioned that Saleena is Lorensi. Well, Lorensi are pale-skinned compared to the average person, which allows me to differentiate vampires/Lorensi by using peach skins. The Lorensi originated from a lady known as the Dark Maiden. Basically, she became powerful with magic that nothing could really oppose her. Over time, people started worshiping her like a deity, and she began to think of herself as one. Eventually, she even went so far as to challenge the Titans, which are the creators of everything. Well, the three accepted the challenge and cursed her and her followers. Their physical appearance changed and they became slaves to the darkness, which led them to pursue terrible life styles such as cutthroats, bandits, harlots, witches, and other dark paths. Lorensi are hated in every land, and have received a, "Kill on Site," order from the royalty of Ankora. Because they have no home, they are wanderers. 

Saleena happens to be the 10th child of the Dark Maiden, and the only child that she loved. As you can guess, her half brother is Kolvas, and her father is Necros. She also happens to possess part of the Dark Maiden's power, making her quite magic user. She specializes in the Dark Arts, but has expertise in the Arcane Arts.

dsc05875.jpg

One last guildee for the day, this is Chopinski Dreeves. He's a gnome tinkerer.

dsc05877.jpg

Nothing really unique about this minifig's design, apart from the BrickWarrior's Knapsack. All parts are from TLG. I ditched the crossbow mold for a brick-built heavy crossbow. Honestly, I really wanted either a gnome or a goblin in the guild. In the end, I settled on having a gnome, which seems to have worked out. I will probably end up replacing the legs with some BrickFortress ones, but that will be much later.

This is the BLG's tinkerer and designer. A good friend of Bronzebeard, this gnome knows how to make interesting devices. From a machine that will automatically create potions to fire bombs, he can create it all. That or it'll bow up in your face. The more complex the design, the higher chance of it back firing. But hey, it's worth it... kind of...

dsc05878.jpg

So, finally getting away from the Black Lance. This is Lokren the Slayer, the head of the Wintershield Guild of Northshire. Among the many Nords, he is quite revered for slaying the monsters of the north. Using a laketown guard, Rohan helmet, CMF Viking Shield, and a BrickWarriors Viking Axe.

After establishing the Black Lance, I knew I needed more adventurer guilds. More importantly, I decided why not have one in the North. All that was needed was a leader. I liked the look of the lake town guard and viking gear. All I needed was the face of a veteran. His guild frequently fights against Knight's Valor of Hislith, Edorin Gwyn's guild. Known for being a hardy fighter, even in his older years, his counsel and skill did not wane. Many Jarls request his advice.

dsc05879.jpg

Second to him is Haaken Blackfang, another veteran of the Wintershield. The two of them run the Wintershield Guild, with Haaken acting as a second in command.

dsc05880.jpg

Honestly, I love the chain mail look of this guy. The hair and the face combination really defined this character for me. I feel as though he could use another axe. This guy is as brutal as it comes. Those seeking entrance into the guild, must pass his tests. And trust me, he is no stranger to battle.

dsc05881.jpg

dsc05882.jpg

dsc05883.jpg

Speaking of individuals that are not strangers to battle, the next person in this showcase is Marco Brynolf of Northshire. This minifig uses as much detail as I could possibly muster. CMF Gladiator's arm and torso, CMF Barbarian legs and left arm, CMF Mongolian cape, Brickforge Waist Armor, LotR long, black hair, and the CMF Barbarian face. To make him even more of a bad@$$ I gave him a BrickWarriors Flamberge. He's got a nice barbarian feel without being too armored up.

This guy wins the award for the strongest man alive. He frequently travels in the company of various adventurers (many of which you will see later). From monster hunts to treasure hunts, he has yet to meet a foe he has not beaten. Which is precisely why he decided to fight the Queen of the Sareeshi, Althenia. She was known as the Manslayer, he aimed to show the world that he was different.

dsc05885.jpg

Of course, he is the strongest man, but there are others that are equally as strong. Such as Drak-Aren Broken-Tusk.

dsc05886.jpg

Half orc and half troll, this halfie once served under the Altrairian Alliance. Now, he is a mercenary, seeking adventure and coin. One of the many adventurers to join Marco's company, he often finds himself competing against the Nord in friendly wagers. While most of his stories are yet to be told, it is known that he frequently accompanies a dwarf.

----

Well, that's all for now!

Stay tuned this week for a grab bag of minifigs!

As usual

Decals by Saber-Scorpion.

C&C is welcome and appreciated!!!

Local SSLF Builder

8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#12 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:42 PM

Sweet looking stuff you've got here!

Looking forward to Part 2!

#13 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:19 AM

Your stuff is always great but I have to say the crossbow design is fantastic.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#14 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hello everyone, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Time for a minifig grab bag! That means I just grabbed some cool minifigs belonging to no particular collection.

----

dsc05899.jpg

First off, this is Paladin Karith Azheri of the Black Lance Guild. Here you can see him in both his paladin gear and civilian outfit. His armor and hair are from Brickforge, while the greatsword is from BrickWarriors. 

Karith is a high elf (TLG hasn't produced awesome, white, elf hair yet) from Avaria. Skilled with the light and an expert swordsman, he smashes through all enemies of the light. He and Azshara are close friends, and they have fought countless battles together. He is also a member of the Order of Retribution, which is an excommunicated Paladin Order from years ago. His order is responsible for hunting the servants of the darkness.

So, why the heck did I include another Black Lance member after bombarding you with five of them last time?

dsc05900.jpg

A glimpse of the future.

Well, that's because Karith also has three versions. Allow me to introduce you to Grand Paladin Karith Azheri. That's right! In the far, far, far future he is chosen as the Grand Paladin of the Order of the Holy Blade (remember all of those guys in post 1).

dsc05901.jpg

dsc05902.jpg

Grand Paladin sounds like a fancy title, but it literally means that the Titan of Light chose you to lead every last paladin. And with that authority comes great power. For starters, he was given a holy, flame sword which purges those that serve the dark. In addition, you probably noticed those awesome flaming wings. Those are Avenger's Wings, which intensify the amount of holy/fire damage generated by his sword and reduce the amount of magic spent on using holy abilities. They also allow him to levitate and slow fall. Overall, he became quite the bad@$$ many years into the future.

dsc05903.jpg

dsc05904.jpg

Speaking of people that survive into the future, here is another example. This is Orion Talon in both past and future forms. If the name sounds familiar, that's because he's Kain Talon's son (at least one of them). 

On the left, here's a quick run down of his special items. The chest is BrickWarrior's Galaxy Enforcer Armor with a small paint job. Around his wrists are Brickforge Steel Vambraces. The helmet is from the Brickforge Crown Crusader accessory pack. The sword is BrickWarrior's Executioner Sword, and the LMG is an over-molded Fate LMG from BrickArms. I have a couple of those LMGs but chose to keep the blue/black one to remind me of one of my favorite exotics from Destiny:

Thunderlord: http://vignette1.wik...=20150510151729

On a side note, if you haven't seen it check out a LEGO variant of Thunderlord: http://i.ytimg.com/v...xresdefault.jpg

On the right, Orion is wearing BrickWarrior's Thorned Armor and Jousting Helmet.

I'd get into a lovely talk about his back story, but that would be way too long! Instead, I'll just say that he ends up being one of the most influential characters in my universe.

dsc05905.jpg

Okay, it's about time I finally introduce this guy. This is Leik, the Titan of Light. He's the good deity of the world, and one of the three Titans.

Because I already have a summary on him, I'll just let you all read it.

Aspects
- Leik, Aspect of Light 
- Drunoch,  Aspect of Wisdom
- Firisnar,  Aspect of Nature

General Information
- Leik is generally considered the "good" Titan. The aspect of light is widely recognized; temples and chapels devoted to Leik. He is seen as a peaceful and loving Titan; he is also known to understand and relate to the mortal condition. His followers typically follow "The Book of Peace" which is his own spoken word to aid mortals. It tells the story of mortals and immortals that followed him and were blessed (or how they blessed others).  The Book of Peace also explains how he upholds justice by punishing the wicked. His original temple can be found in Avaria.
- Drunoch is typically recognized by mages or those seeking wisdom. He who pursues knowledge and the spread of it praises Drunoch. In this aspect, foolishness and the spread of ignorance is frowned upon. Those who follow Drunoch are blessed with an extended magic boon, allowing them to cast more spells. Shrines to Drunoch can be found in collegiate places.
- Firisnar is commonly known as the Great Maker. This aspect is primarily recognized by artists and forest denizens. This is primarily followed the fairies, sprites, centaurs, werewolves, and wood elves. Most forest denizens recognize Firisnar as their creator, and respect him for it. Those who respect nature and protect it our made friends of nature. Followers are blessed with the ability to commune with nature. Nature itself is considered to be his temple.

Realms
- Highplane: A realm of peace and holiness. Leik's domain.
○ Those who come here have accepted Leik in his holy aspect.
- The Grand Archives: A realm containing knowledge of everything. Drunoch's domain. 
○ Those who come here have accepted Leik in his wise aspect.
- The Eternal Forest: A realm of beauty and nature.
○ Those who come here have accepted Leik in his nature aspect.

Chosen:  The Angels are his natural people.

dsc05906.jpg

"Forgetting someone, dear brother?"

dsc05907.jpg

"No, just waiting on you to finally show up."

dsc05908.jpg

Opposite of Leik is Mehrunes, the Titan of Darkness.

- Aspects
- Mehrunes, Aspect of Dark
- Zarathal,  Aspect of Might
- Tothynis,  Aspect of Debauchery 

General Information
- Mehrunes is seen as the "unholy" Titan. Favoring the evil, he seeks to destroy light. Those who seek to destroy the weak and grow in power greatly please him. He is the complete opposite of his brother, Leik. His disciples follow "The Book of Malice" which gives instruction on how to sow evil and grow in power. Mehrunes gives his followers greater connection with darkness, but curses those who would attempt to turn from him or declare themselves as stronger than him. His temple can be found within the Dark Mire.
- Zarathal is his aspect of might. Those who follow the aspect of might are blessed with additional stamina and magic to continue fighting on. His followers believe in the Warrior's Creed, a book that holds the code that all warriors are to follow. This aspect is followed by both the good and evil, for all war and battle please Zarathal. Shrines to Zarathal can be found throughout the land.
- Tothynis is the aspect of debauchery. Those who live lavish lives of immorality and partying follow this aspect. Drunkenness, gluttony, and promiscuity are highly prized. The guests of Tothynis are blessed with a higher tolerance to drink and poison. The people who dwell outside of the guests typically consider them to be rather foul and disgusting. Of course, in lands where loose partying is high, it is a great honor. Statues in his honor can be found in palaces/homes/locations of his followers.

Realms
- Azgradale: A realm shrouded in darkness; only the blackest of souls dwell here with Mehrunes.
○ Those who dwell here have accepted Mehrunes' unholy aspect.
- Doscirium: A realm devoted to a grand arena; the spirits of warriors come here to battle for eternity.
○ Those who dwell here have accepted Mehrunes' might aspect.
- Neyanthenel Hall: A grandiose palace filled with food, drink, and enough room for promiscuity.
○ Those who dwell here have accepted Mehrunes' debauchery aspect.

Chosen: The Devils are his natural people.

There is a third Titan to balance the two out, but I'll get there eventually.

dsc05912.jpg

dsc05913.jpg

As stated earlier, I'm all over the place today. So why not include Operative Samantha Wesley.

First off, thanks to Scorp for a recolored variant of the Yavakaro Ninja decals, these turned out perfectly. Apart from the decals, she wields a Magnum from Brickforge. You might recognize it as the ODST Pistol from Halo 3: ODST. 

Sam is a special operative of Vekta, and has undergone some heavy cybernetics implants. These implants make her faster, increase reaction time, and add some other goodies such as increased strength and endurance. She also has a tactical visor built in, which syncs to her smart pistol. You can thank Titanfall for that one. If you're curious about the face, it's from the LEGO Agents series.

dsc05914.jpg

dsc05915.jpg

dsc05916.jpg

Sticking with the Mythic-SciFi theme, this is Jaden Vae, a mage and detective of the future. 

Let me start by saying that I love his torso and leg combo. That is a mix of Cad Bane's torso and Indiana Jones' legs. Throw in a brown trench coat from Cape Madness and you got an awesome design! He wields a Handcannon from BrickArms (can't remember the actual name of it).

As I said earlier, he's a detective. In the future, magic based crimes and anomalies can be very dangerous, especially when mixed in with technology. As a former member of the Arcane College, he specializes in tracking down Dark Arts users and magic users. Armed with all manner of spells, he is more than ready to deal with lowliest of mages to powerful, dark lords. He is also the father of the High Priestess of the Holy Blade, who is responsible for running the Order of the Holy Blade and fighting off the darkness.

dsc05917.jpg

Jumping back into the past, here we have Lukan Si, Mage of the Extraho Sol.

dsc05918.jpg

Nothing special apart from the BrickWarriors Quarterstaff. All parts are from TLG. The cloak is from the CMF Judge. 

Extrahan mages are much different from mages found in the west. Extrahan mages primarily use magic gauntlets and hand symbols to cast magic. Among other things, they are also skilled in martial arts. The biggest difference is that they also utilize the Dark Arts, which is forbidden in both the Fallgrad and Altrairian Alliance.

Lukan happens to be one of the council members of the Imperial College. He is responsible for coordinating special operations among the Emperor's Shogun (expect a much more detailed explanation when my 1k samurai army is formed).

dsc05919.jpg

dsc05920.jpg

I know I've shown this guy off before, but in case you forgot this is Lord Commander Slade Verners, Leader of the Order of the Sun. Heavily based off of my Dark Souls 1 character, Slade, he is renowned for hurling, powerful lightning bolts at his opponents. He is also greatly skilled in using his holy sword, Light's Justice, to demolish evil. His sword is infused with so much light that it is capable of blinding most people. 

He wears a custom tabard decal from Saber-Scorpion (seriously, those tabards). He also has Brickforge armor, which has been painted. His sword is from BrickWarriors.

dsc05921.jpg

dsc05922.jpg

dsc05923.jpg

dsc05924.jpg

Last but not least, meet Commander Chris Knight of the Star Explorers.

I tried to fit every last piece of cool gear onto this guy. Legs are from the Sith Warrior from the Old Republic sets. The belt is Brickforge's Utility belt. On the belt is a BrickArms MK44 Handcannon, Brickforge Scanner, and 2 BrickArms ammo clips. The torso is from the Galaxy Squad sets from TLG. In his right hand, he is armed with a prototype Halo Sniper Rifle. In the left hand, a Trans-Light Blue Combat Knife from Brickforge. Although you cannot see his face, it is a custom Reddish Brown, "Meh" face from Citizen Brick (honestly I love just about any custom brown face). The rest of his pieces are from TLG including the helmet and visor and the shoulder cannon.

His goal is to explore the unknown parts of the galaxy, searching for resources for the united worlds, fighting space baddies, and recovering hidden artifacts that might aid the Grand Army of the Light in their fight against the darkness. Star Explorers are responsible for the expansion of the galaxy.

Well folks, that's all for now!

Hope you enjoyed this installment of Minifig Showcase!

Stay tuned next time for some more Fantasy Action!

As usual

Decals by Saber-Scorpion

Local SSLF Builder

8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#15 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

IT'S MINIFIG TIME!

Time to kick it off again with my favorite genre... fantasy!

dsc05936.jpg

Where better to start than with another minifig that has made multiple appearances alongside Marco and Althenia. This is Rolf Fernore, Wizard of the Wilds. He's one of the few wizards walking the land, and he is very skilled in using various, elemental magics.

dsc05937.jpg

Unlike most figures, he's mostly TLG parts. The legs are from the Kingdom's Dragon Wizard and the torso is from the CMF Actor. His face features two different expressions, which is pretty useful in builds. His staff is from Brickforge.

As I mentioned earlier, he typically travels in the company of Marco. For whatever reason, the two seem to get along pretty well; probably because of their love of adventure and getting paid. Their tactics differ greatly, seeing as how Rolf utilizes spells to defeat his foes. Unlike most magic users, he prefers to spend his time using magic rather than discussing its potential.

dsc05938.jpg

Next up, Prince David Leos of Hislith.

dsc05939.jpg

This glorious Hislithian is made from only the greatest and most pristine of royal parts: gold chainmail legs from the Fantasy Era, Gold Knight, black and gold waist cloth from Cape Madness (also bears the faction emblem), CMF Conquistador armor, Brickforge gold vambraces, black cape with brown fur from Cape Madness, gold great helm w/ white cross from Brickforge, titanium claymore from Brickarms, and a gold and black legionnaire plume from Brickforge. You're probably wondering why the cheery face was chosen. Well, that's because the Hislithian Prince is quite a cheery and known for being a party person.

Prince Leos is known both for his extravagant parties and his prowess in battle. He has studied under many of the great commanders of Hislith, and has earned the respect of the people. He typically works best when fighting alongside Edorin Gwyn, Champion of Hislith. He aims to prove himself a worthy successor to his father, who once led the forces of Hislith into battle against Western Dakerion.

dsc05940.jpg

Next up, we have a member of the Wintershield Guild of Northshire, Mercer Sven.

dsc05941.jpg

This guy is one of my newest figures (literally assembled him yesterday). I really love this combination: legs and cape from the CMF Mongol, torso from one of the Prince of Persia sets (you can tell I can't really remember this theme too well), Brickwarriors Executioner Axe, Brickwarriors Viking Shield, and a Brickforge Viking Helmet.

Another one of the vets of the Wintershield, he acts as a trainer to the newest members of the guild. He is also responsible for commanding a division of Huscarls known as the Winter Fang.

dsc05942.jpg

Next up, another personal favorite of mine, Jason Talon, eldest son of Kain Talon.

dsc05943.jpg

As far as customization goes, here's the interesting tidbits: Brickwarriors Gold Katana, Saber-Scorpion torso decals from one of the EE decal packs, and a Sakaaran face. The face is double sided, but the side I used makes for an awesome, one eyed mask. Over the torso is a Lego cape, modified to be a long coat.

Unlike his brother, Orion, Jason is more of a spellsword than a knight. Being both skilled with a blade and magic, he is one of the few prodigies in the lands. His proficiency with arcane magic exceeds that of high ranking magisters in the Imperial School, Arcane Council, and Magus Circle. Compared to his brother, he is laid back and quite the joker. But don't let his jokes fool you, when it comes to magic, he becomes quite serious. The rivalry he has with Orion has created tales of great duels. However, despite their duels, none of them have ever come to end. Both of them await the day for one of their duels to come, "To the bitter end..."

dsc05944.jpg

Next up, Julia Armond, Cleric of the Light.

dsc05945.jpg

Okay, so let's cover the interesting pieces: Brickwarriors Mace, Brickwarriors Buckler Shield, Arealight Waist Cloth, Brickwarriors Plate Armor, and Brickwarriors Vambraces. I really love this armored, cloth look for her. I've always complained that there are not enough of these in games. More importantly, this is yet another, fully armored, female minifig in my collection that looks really good.

You'd really think I'd have a backstory for this character, but I don't. It'll probably have something to do with that unnamed knight from post 2.

dsc05946.jpg

Next up, another favorite of mine (I feel like I'm saying that too much), Drake Selcoth, Champion of the Extraho Sol.

dsc05947.jpg

The only thing to point out here are the Brickwarriors Horned, Plate Armor and the Naginata. He was originally inspired by my Monster Hunter Tri character, who wore Rathalos armor and wielded a Longsword. Oddly enough, one of my favorite longswords he used with a naginata.

While I am sad that I cannot replicate the armor with pieces (minifig commission incoming), I used this kind of as a reference for how I wanted him to look. The red had to be replaced for a more silver/bley appearance.

That being said, his story is literally centered around him being a dragon hunter. He earned the title, Champion of the Extraho Sol, for slaying one of the three Mythic Dragons, which are the spawn of the Eternal Dragon, who is one of the four kings. That aside, he slew the eldest dragon and was awarded the title by the Emperor himself. He is also a follower of Mehrunes' aspect of might, Zarathal. His devotion eventually led to him being given the honor of becoming the Champion of Mehrunes. He has a rivalry with the Champion of Leik, Slade Verners.

dsc05948.jpg

This is a Gnome Technomancer. For once, this is an all TLG minifig.

dsc05949.jpg

This figure was inspired by the Mage Knight Technomancer:

103908.jpg

So why the heck would you remove the lower half for this? As far as lore goes, the mechanical bit actually stores magic stones which are capable of generating additional magic into the subject. This allows for gnome mages to become even more powerful. The mechanical legs also increase mobility and speed. The process for creating a technomancer has under gone several revisions, most of which increased the likelihood of surviving the operation (a lot of gnomes died for the sake of research). Their use in battle was quickly proven, and further proved why merging magic and technology was an inevitable future.

dsc05950.jpg

Aryat Blackblade, Nightblade of the Black Hand.

dsc05951.jpg
dsc05952.jpg

Once more here is a list of the interesting pieces: Brickwarriors Assassin helmet and pauldron, Brickarms Killstrike Sabers.

Having abandoned his last name for one provided by the Black Hand, Aryat is an elder assassin, responsible for recruiting new members to the family. Technically speaking, he is the rank 4 assassin. Much about him remains a mystery, as with the other members of the Black Hand.

dsc05953.jpg

Last, but not least, Hawk Knight Morgan Harcane, member of the Shadowstalker's Guild.

dsc05954.jpg

100% TLG!

A dishonorable knight known for killing the unarmed and innocent and generally just an unpleasant fellow. Heavily armored and ready for battle, he wields only the heaviest weapons to decimate his foes quickly. Having earned this reputation in the Highlands, he quickly became a mercenary, known for his raids. Noteworthy foes that are slain have their skulls removed and added to his mount.

Well folks, that's all for this week! Stay tuned for more fantasy action!

As usual
Decals by Saber-Scorpion

Local SSLF Builder

8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#16 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:21 AM

Awesome Minifigs in this update, Nightstalker! However, I had to point this out:

A dishonorable knight known for killing dishonorably and generally just an unpleasant fellow. 

7-nfVF.gif

It is dishonorable that you've used that word twice in the same sentence.

#17 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

Shut up tho! :)

Local SSLF Builder

8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#18 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

dsc05949.jpg

This figure was inspired by the Mage Knight Technomancer:

103908.jpg

I was wondering if he was inspired by Yagrum Bagarn from Morrowind:

Spoiler

But he's a little bit less disgusting. :P

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#19 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

WHAT IS THAT THING!?!?!?

It's like the offspring of Jabba the Hutt and the Crypt Keeper!

Local SSLF Builder

8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#20 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

lol, he's got Corprus disease. He's supposed to be the last living Dwemer in the Elder Scrolls. The worst thing about those games is how all the dwarves are long dead. Dwarves don't die that easily, dang it!  :angryfist:

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users