Hello everyone, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Time for a minifig grab bag! That means I just grabbed some cool minifigs belonging to no particular collection.
First off, this is Paladin Karith Azheri of the Black Lance Guild. Here you can see him in both his paladin gear and civilian outfit. His armor and hair are from Brickforge, while the greatsword is from BrickWarriors.
Karith is a high elf (TLG hasn't produced awesome, white, elf hair yet) from Avaria. Skilled with the light and an expert swordsman, he smashes through all enemies of the light. He and Azshara are close friends, and they have fought countless battles together. He is also a member of the Order of Retribution, which is an excommunicated Paladin Order from years ago. His order is responsible for hunting the servants of the darkness.
So, why the heck did I include another Black Lance member after bombarding you with five of them last time?
A glimpse of the future.
Well, that's because Karith also has three versions. Allow me to introduce you to Grand Paladin Karith Azheri. That's right! In the far, far, far future he is chosen as the Grand Paladin of the Order of the Holy Blade (remember all of those guys in post 1).
Grand Paladin sounds like a fancy title, but it literally means that the Titan of Light chose you to lead every last paladin. And with that authority comes great power. For starters, he was given a holy, flame sword which purges those that serve the dark. In addition, you probably noticed those awesome flaming wings. Those are Avenger's Wings, which intensify the amount of holy/fire damage generated by his sword and reduce the amount of magic spent on using holy abilities. They also allow him to levitate and slow fall. Overall, he became quite the bad@$$ many years into the future.
Speaking of people that survive into the future, here is another example. This is Orion Talon in both past and future forms. If the name sounds familiar, that's because he's Kain Talon's son (at least one of them).
On the left, here's a quick run down of his special items. The chest is BrickWarrior's Galaxy Enforcer Armor with a small paint job. Around his wrists are Brickforge Steel Vambraces. The helmet is from the Brickforge Crown Crusader accessory pack. The sword is BrickWarrior's Executioner Sword, and the LMG is an over-molded Fate LMG from BrickArms. I have a couple of those LMGs but chose to keep the blue/black one to remind me of one of my favorite exotics from Destiny:
On a side note, if you haven't seen it check out a LEGO variant of Thunderlord: http://i.ytimg.com/v...xresdefault.jpg
On the right, Orion is wearing BrickWarrior's Thorned Armor and Jousting Helmet.
I'd get into a lovely talk about his back story, but that would be way too long! Instead, I'll just say that he ends up being one of the most influential characters in my universe.
Okay, it's about time I finally introduce this guy. This is Leik, the Titan of Light. He's the good deity of the world, and one of the three Titans.
Because I already have a summary on him, I'll just let you all read it.
- Leik, Aspect of Light
- Drunoch, Aspect of Wisdom
- Firisnar, Aspect of Nature
- Leik is generally considered the "good" Titan. The aspect of light is widely recognized; temples and chapels devoted to Leik. He is seen as a peaceful and loving Titan; he is also known to understand and relate to the mortal condition. His followers typically follow "The Book of Peace" which is his own spoken word to aid mortals. It tells the story of mortals and immortals that followed him and were blessed (or how they blessed others). The Book of Peace also explains how he upholds justice by punishing the wicked. His original temple can be found in Avaria.
- Drunoch is typically recognized by mages or those seeking wisdom. He who pursues knowledge and the spread of it praises Drunoch. In this aspect, foolishness and the spread of ignorance is frowned upon. Those who follow Drunoch are blessed with an extended magic boon, allowing them to cast more spells. Shrines to Drunoch can be found in collegiate places.
- Firisnar is commonly known as the Great Maker. This aspect is primarily recognized by artists and forest denizens. This is primarily followed the fairies, sprites, centaurs, werewolves, and wood elves. Most forest denizens recognize Firisnar as their creator, and respect him for it. Those who respect nature and protect it our made friends of nature. Followers are blessed with the ability to commune with nature. Nature itself is considered to be his temple.
- Highplane: A realm of peace and holiness. Leik's domain.
○ Those who come here have accepted Leik in his holy aspect.
- The Grand Archives: A realm containing knowledge of everything. Drunoch's domain.
○ Those who come here have accepted Leik in his wise aspect.
- The Eternal Forest: A realm of beauty and nature.
○ Those who come here have accepted Leik in his nature aspect.
Chosen: The Angels are his natural people.
"Forgetting someone, dear brother?"
"No, just waiting on you to finally show up."
Opposite of Leik is Mehrunes, the Titan of Darkness.
- Mehrunes, Aspect of Dark
- Zarathal, Aspect of Might
- Tothynis, Aspect of Debauchery
- Mehrunes is seen as the "unholy" Titan. Favoring the evil, he seeks to destroy light. Those who seek to destroy the weak and grow in power greatly please him. He is the complete opposite of his brother, Leik. His disciples follow "The Book of Malice" which gives instruction on how to sow evil and grow in power. Mehrunes gives his followers greater connection with darkness, but curses those who would attempt to turn from him or declare themselves as stronger than him. His temple can be found within the Dark Mire.
- Zarathal is his aspect of might. Those who follow the aspect of might are blessed with additional stamina and magic to continue fighting on. His followers believe in the Warrior's Creed, a book that holds the code that all warriors are to follow. This aspect is followed by both the good and evil, for all war and battle please Zarathal. Shrines to Zarathal can be found throughout the land.
- Tothynis is the aspect of debauchery. Those who live lavish lives of immorality and partying follow this aspect. Drunkenness, gluttony, and promiscuity are highly prized. The guests of Tothynis are blessed with a higher tolerance to drink and poison. The people who dwell outside of the guests typically consider them to be rather foul and disgusting. Of course, in lands where loose partying is high, it is a great honor. Statues in his honor can be found in palaces/homes/locations of his followers.
- Azgradale: A realm shrouded in darkness; only the blackest of souls dwell here with Mehrunes.
○ Those who dwell here have accepted Mehrunes' unholy aspect.
- Doscirium: A realm devoted to a grand arena; the spirits of warriors come here to battle for eternity.
○ Those who dwell here have accepted Mehrunes' might aspect.
- Neyanthenel Hall: A grandiose palace filled with food, drink, and enough room for promiscuity.
○ Those who dwell here have accepted Mehrunes' debauchery aspect.
Chosen: The Devils are his natural people.
There is a third Titan to balance the two out, but I'll get there eventually.
As stated earlier, I'm all over the place today. So why not include Operative Samantha Wesley.
First off, thanks to Scorp for a recolored variant of the Yavakaro Ninja decals, these turned out perfectly. Apart from the decals, she wields a Magnum from Brickforge. You might recognize it as the ODST Pistol from Halo 3: ODST.
Sam is a special operative of Vekta, and has undergone some heavy cybernetics implants. These implants make her faster, increase reaction time, and add some other goodies such as increased strength and endurance. She also has a tactical visor built in, which syncs to her smart pistol. You can thank Titanfall for that one. If you're curious about the face, it's from the LEGO Agents series.
Sticking with the Mythic-SciFi theme, this is Jaden Vae, a mage and detective of the future.
Let me start by saying that I love his torso and leg combo. That is a mix of Cad Bane's torso and Indiana Jones' legs. Throw in a brown trench coat from Cape Madness and you got an awesome design! He wields a Handcannon from BrickArms (can't remember the actual name of it).
As I said earlier, he's a detective. In the future, magic based crimes and anomalies can be very dangerous, especially when mixed in with technology. As a former member of the Arcane College, he specializes in tracking down Dark Arts users and magic users. Armed with all manner of spells, he is more than ready to deal with lowliest of mages to powerful, dark lords. He is also the father of the High Priestess of the Holy Blade, who is responsible for running the Order of the Holy Blade and fighting off the darkness.
Jumping back into the past, here we have Lukan Si, Mage of the Extraho Sol.
Nothing special apart from the BrickWarriors Quarterstaff. All parts are from TLG. The cloak is from the CMF Judge.
Extrahan mages are much different from mages found in the west. Extrahan mages primarily use magic gauntlets and hand symbols to cast magic. Among other things, they are also skilled in martial arts. The biggest difference is that they also utilize the Dark Arts, which is forbidden in both the Fallgrad and Altrairian Alliance.
Lukan happens to be one of the council members of the Imperial College. He is responsible for coordinating special operations among the Emperor's Shogun (expect a much more detailed explanation when my 1k samurai army is formed).
I know I've shown this guy off before, but in case you forgot this is Lord Commander Slade Verners, Leader of the Order of the Sun. Heavily based off of my Dark Souls 1 character, Slade, he is renowned for hurling, powerful lightning bolts at his opponents. He is also greatly skilled in using his holy sword, Light's Justice, to demolish evil. His sword is infused with so much light that it is capable of blinding most people.
He wears a custom tabard decal from Saber-Scorpion (seriously, those tabards). He also has Brickforge armor, which has been painted. His sword is from BrickWarriors.
Last but not least, meet Commander Chris Knight of the Star Explorers.
I tried to fit every last piece of cool gear onto this guy. Legs are from the Sith Warrior from the Old Republic sets. The belt is Brickforge's Utility belt. On the belt is a BrickArms MK44 Handcannon, Brickforge Scanner, and 2 BrickArms ammo clips. The torso is from the Galaxy Squad sets from TLG. In his right hand, he is armed with a prototype Halo Sniper Rifle. In the left hand, a Trans-Light Blue Combat Knife from Brickforge. Although you cannot see his face, it is a custom Reddish Brown, "Meh" face from Citizen Brick (honestly I love just about any custom brown face). The rest of his pieces are from TLG including the helmet and visor and the shoulder cannon.
His goal is to explore the unknown parts of the galaxy, searching for resources for the united worlds, fighting space baddies, and recovering hidden artifacts that might aid the Grand Army of the Light in their fight against the darkness. Star Explorers are responsible for the expansion of the galaxy.
Well folks, that's all for now!
Hope you enjoyed this installment of Minifig Showcase!
Stay tuned next time for some more Fantasy Action!
Decals by Saber-Scorpion
C&C is always welcome and appreciated!!!