856 replies to this topic

#61 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:18 PM

So this happened: http://screenrant.co...enneth-branagh/

I'm listening through the Audiobooks of the series right now, and I have one thing to say:

If this movie turns into one of those horrible, trashy book-to-movie adaptions...

To be fair, this is Kenneth Brannagh, aka: Acclaimed Shakespearean actor/director and the director of Thor.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#62 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:57 PM

To be fair, this is Kenneth Brannagh, aka: Acclaimed Shakespearean actor/director and the director of Thor.

But Thor was only "Alright."

I hope this turns out good. The Artemis Fowl series is among my favorite books ever, so I will keep myself cautiously optimistic. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#63 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:15 PM

I hope this turns out good. The Artemis Fowl series is among my favorite books ever, so I will keep myself cautiously optimistic. 

All the Faze 1 movies are only alright.  They're comic book movies, they need to build off of each other to get good. :P

But agreed on the second part.  My dad and I also really enjoyed Artemis Fowl.

#64 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

Holy hell, the Artemis Fowl movie is finally getting off the ground!? Color me intrigued. I was all over those things in school. I never got around to the final few though. I think the last one I read was The Lost Colony. I didn't even know there were more after that one until earlier this year.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to Steam

Halo Infinite  - Holiday 2020 (PC/Xbox One/Xbox Scarlett)

"The Reclamation has begun...and we are powerless to stop it."

-Shadow-of-Sundered-Star "The Didact" (Halo 4, 2012)

#65 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,213 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:58 PM

Why.

...Is Bill Pullman still the President? Look, I'm not American, so I'm no expert on your laws and junk, but I'm pretty sure you can't just be President for twenty years.

This looks genuinely unbearable, though. I haven't seen it and I can already tell you everything that's going to happen in it; at this point the only reason I'd actually go and see it is if I suddenly woke up one day thinking feeling like my wallet was too heavy and my life had too many hours in it.

#66 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:42 PM

*Independence Day 2*

Oh hey, I just re-watched Independence Day like four days ago. It's a good movie.

This looks nothing like it.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#67 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:30 AM

I wouldn't call it a good movie.

I would. I consider it to be the best alien invasion movie ever made.

gTAoKX.gif

#68 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:54 AM

Um. Okay.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#69 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:03 AM

....that wasn't what I was expecting.

I, uh... alright. I mean, I'll go see it, but... iDunno. I really don't know. I'm getting a weird sort of vibe like this is reminding me of Insurrection, and that's not a good thing. It might be good, but I'm not too terribly enthused by what I'm seeing. 

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#70 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:12 AM

From what I understand, they rewrote Pegg's original script a bit to amp up the action in some sequences. It's supposed to focus more on Kirk x Bones, as opposed to the Kirk x Spock that we saw during the first two films.

Which is alright. As much as I love Zachary Quinto, I've wanted to see Karl Urban get more screen time.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#71 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:44 PM

It's supposed to focus more on Kirk x Bones, as opposed to the Kirk x Spock that we saw during the first two films.

Ooh, I wholeheartedly welcome that change.

gTAoKX.gif

#72 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:12 PM

All the Faze 1 movies are only alright.  They're comic book movies, they need to build off of each other to get good. :P

Well, Captain America and Thor 1 are still some of those Marvel movies that I liked (can't say that I liked them enough for them to be my favorites), but, if that's the same director, then (hopefully) he'll do the books justice.

Holy hell, the Artemis Fowl movie is finally getting off the ground!? Color me intrigued. I was all over those things in school. I never got around to the final few though. I think the last one I read was The Lost Colony. I didn't even know there were more after that one until earlier this year.

Well, you should get all over them again in preparation for the movie, so that when the Forum rants about how good/bad it was, you'll know what they're talking about. :D

And about Independence 2: personally, I think that the alien ships big fight scene president everything from the first movie looked better then this, but I would still watch it before Batman vs. Superman. :P

#73 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

Hey, the first Iron Man was awesome. I'll give you all the other phase 1's though. 

I'm intrigued by Artemis Fowl. I've never read the novels, but I've heard very good things about them. Maybe a movie will give me a reason to start them.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#74 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

Sign me the frell up for Star Trek Beyond.

All aboard the hype train.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#75 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

I thought the first Thor was very well done. It remains my favorite of the origin story movies.

gTAoKX.gif

#76 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:15 PM

I would. I consider it to be the best alien invasion movie ever made.

Does District 9 count as an alien invasion movie? If so, gonna have to respectfully disagree with you, Oufy. ;P

I thought the first Thor was very well done. It remains my favorite of the origin story movies.

Eh. I'm gonna have to give my favorite to Iron Man. I love me some shirtless Chris Hemsworth, but while his movie was funny, it really can't compete with the one that started this all. It's been a while since I saw it, but I know they never bother explaining what Odinsleep is. It just kind of happens.

STAR TREK.

Um. Okay. 

I laughed. The music is...well...interesting. It looks fun though. 

Though, what is with Chris Pine's hair?

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#77 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,213 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:54 PM

Yeah, Star Trek looks pretty weird. It definitely looks like the reboot series' version of one of the original Star Trek movies where they spent most of their time on a planet instead of having cool space adventures, which has me significantly less interested already. I don't really want to see Kirk and friends liberating some random group of aliens from their evil scary-faced oppressors on some backwoods planet.

How can a dirtbike even exist in Star Trek? That'd be like Vin Diesel doing a sick jump in a horse and cart in Furious 8. Also that shot of Scotty jumping out of his escape pod the instant it slides off a cliff looks so bad! Like, legitimately terrible work from everyone involved in that shot, from the stunt crew to the CG animator to Simon Pegg just half-heartedly reaching out (he doesn't even straighten his arms!). That's what you're going to put in the trailer?

I was really excited to hear that this movie was going to be written by Pegg and directed by the Fast & Furious guy, but I wasn't expecting it to look like this. Early days, I suppose.

#78 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

I dunno, does it bother anyone that they're destroying the Enterprise again?

gTAoKX.gif

#79 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:48 PM

I dunno, does it bother anyone that they're destroying the Enterprise again?

Not really, the count for the previous ten movies after all was:

Enterprises Destroyed: 2 (3,7)
Enterprises Beat to hell and back/barely functional: 6 (2,3,5,6,7,10)
Brand New Enterprise (likely because the last one blew up): 3 (1,5,8)

Counting the new movies only adds on 1 each to the "New" and "Beat to Hell" categories anyway. It's not like this is a new thing.

I was really excited to hear that this movie was going to be written by Pegg and directed by the Fast & Furious guy, but I wasn't expecting it to look like this. Early days, I suppose.

I've been worried for this movie ever since I found out he was directing, and I'm starting to see those fears confirmed a bit.  Nothing in that trailer really grabbed me and said "Star Trek", it just felt bland and bleh, more like a modern take on Galaxy Quest except played completely straight and not as a comedy.

I am not looking forward to this one. Nothing engages me.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#80 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:30 PM

It's not like this is a new thing.

Doesn't mean it's a good thing. The ship is supposed to come first.

gTAoKX.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)