NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Winter Errant Campaign

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Winter Errant Campaign

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which Errant campaign would you like to see next?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

Hey, fellas! Since we're approaching the end of Delving Too Deep, I figure it's time to start finding out what everyone would like to do next. I've come up with three main campaign ideas that I'd like to give a whirl - I'm up for any of these, so just let me know what your favorite is. ;)

Please reply and discuss in addition to voting! It's much more helpful for me to actually hear everyone's thoughts.

Campaigns

Which of the following campaign ideas would you like to see me do next, after Delving Too Deep is finished? Your choices are as follows. I'll include at least a little info on each...

Werewolf Campaign

This campaign centers on an urban werewolf pack living in Krisa, a famous Achaean Heartland, home to the oracle called the Pythia. Long has your existence gone unnoticed, as you maintain peaceful ways of life and have even made allies with some important figures in the town. But now, the Pythia has had an unusual vision: that the city will be devoured by wolves. As if to prove this true, a string of murders has drawn too much unwanted attention - murders that seem to be committed by your own kind, yet no one in the closely-knit pack will admit responsibility. To make matters yet worse, some Venatori have arrived in the city to investigate. Without revealing your true nature or betraying the existence of your pack, you must work together to find the truth and reclaim your peaceful way of life.

This campaign would allow for werewolves of any race (human, elf, dwarf), but humans are preferable. I may allow some odder races (I'm still debating this), but details of that would be included in the sign-up topic itself, and the majority of players will still be werewolves.

This campaign would primarily by mystery and intrigue, with increasing threat levels depending on player actions, since their existence is tenuous.

Venatori Campaign

Veteran Venator Caiden Voros returns to the Venatori for the first time in months, only to find something is different... Venatori are disappearing. Six Venatori are now unaccounted for, not returning from hunts, but their contracts were fulfilled. Some suspect monsters, others suspect assassins or some other form of conspiracy. A shroud lays over Castle Greywatch, and even the Venatori are starting to mistrust each other - and Caiden, having been missing for so long, is far from exempt as a suspect. The Empire has not sent aid, as the Venatori are meant to take care of issues exactly like this one - and, after all, are they not a bit outdated? If the Order fails to address its own problems and get to the bottom of what is happening to their brethren, the Venatori Order could collapse - and be lost forever.

This campaign would allow for all the standard races (men, elves, dwarves). However, playing as any kind of "disguised" monster would, essentially, be suicide, as you're surrounded by professional monster hunters. Doesn't mean you can't try it, but you're likely to get killed.

This campaign would primarily be mystery and intrigue.

Imperial Southwestern Wilds Campaign

Set at a huge mansion not far from the Southwestern Wilds, the players take up the role of Imperial knights, legionaries, and possibly even Venatori sent to investigate the strange murder of some influential Imperial nobles... as locals claim reports of beastfolk, but never have they struck this far beyond the Imperial forts on the border of the Wilds. Depending on what is found, it could result in a catastrophic strike against the beastfolk by the noble's descendants, which would - no doubt - result in terrible losses on both sides. Will you try to mediate between the men and the monsters, take part in the bloodbath, or find the truth and let it speak for itself?

This campaign would allow only for human players who are part of the Empire in some fashion or another.

This campaign would primarily be horror and mystery, with some adventure.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

The Werewolf and Venatori campaigns look the most interesting to me, as I'd finally be able to use Sebastian del Morra for something, and Agethar will get some more action.

I'd would have liked to see some sort of freelance/mage oriented campaign, as I would like to use Bale for something, but oh well. 

Though honestly, I'd like to try to get In Sickness and In Health off the ground; everyone seems to have forgotten about it...for like the third time.  :why:

#3 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

I find myself agreeing with Dalton, here; I'm finding the werewolf and Venatori campaigns more interesting than the third option. I personally put my vote into the werewolf campaign, though, because that sounds really interesting.

...Granted, I figure my very northern werewolf will probably have trouble fitting in there, so I may make a new character to fit in :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#4 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

I voted Venatori, but all of them sound pretty good.

Although, I'm in kinda the same boat as Burgs vis-a-vis the Werewolf campaign, as I'm not sure how well Valya would fit into that (and if I was going to be playing a werewolf, I' like to continue as her).

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

Hm, interesting results. Not what I expected, I admit. :P Though I guess it did spoil it a bit to set the werewolf one in civilization... it's just more interesting if there's that constant threat. I tried to come up with more interesting stories for a northern-based werewolf pack, but there's not nearly as much threat in general. I suppose I could revert to my old idea instead (setting it in the wilderness of Northrim), if that's more interesting to people, although I think the story is ultimately a little weaker.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

Though I guess it did spoil it a bit to set the werewolf one in civilization..

To be fair, that's what got me to vote for that over the other options. A werewolf group dealing with #werewolf problems in a city is great. The only problem is we all made our werewolf characters with less civilized surroundings, I suppose XD

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#7 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

I'd like to do all of them so to be honest not much point in voting.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#8 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

Hm. Well, unless someone posts otherwise, I'm going to assume the Venatori campaign won the poll (since it did, by votes) and get to work on that one.

Anyone who would prefer the werewolf campaign instead, please speak now. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users