NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Official WG Wiki

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:32 AM

I don't see why not. A scythe would be pretty awesome. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#42 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Patron
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

Quick heads-up: I finally made a Wulfgard Wiki Contributor medal to go with the NR one, and awarded it to Lord Dagoth and Amarok! :) If it's not showing up under your profile yet, try refreshing a few times.

As if Amarok needs any more medals... :-P

Oh, Iloveit!Iloveit!Iloveit! *squee*

*ahem*

I may or may not have an obsession with the forum medals.

And yes. Because I love them. :-P

emily-blunt.gif

#43 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,068 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

I've been doing tons of work on the wiki lately. I've cleaned up a bunch of categories and added lots of new info to various pages, organized some pages better, added more links connecting the pages, and added certain subcategories into larger categories (i.e. Demons and Beastfolk under the Monsters category). Today I've mostly been cleaning up a whole lot of stubs, formatting them properly, and adding some new info to expand the articles - and fixing the occasional weird formatting issue here and there.

A few of the pages that I've expanded upon a little (and will expand upon more later)...

Persinshar

Avians

Hyetzi

Khelonians

All types of magic under the Magic category (which is now filed under Lore)

Werewolves (I didn't so much add new information as divide the existing information into smaller sections as opposed to intimidating walls of text; of course, I'm constantly tweaking and nitpicking this article, so I may add/alter more stuff in the future)

And of course, as I said earlier, I've edited the Demons pages (and put them in that category) a lot and divided them all up. I've finished adding a little more info to each demon page, so there's more specific info for every type of demon. If anyone finds an article about a particular type of demon that doesn't have filled in Appearance and Intent areas, please let me know so I can write up at least a little something as a placeholder until I can sit down and write lots more detailed info.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#44 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

33thwli.jpg

Here's what I came up with for the Aqrabuamelu. While I was initially planning on giving these guys more of a zulu look, I figured Wulfgard would be the most interesting low-fantasy universe if it contained a race of native american scorpions.

I don't know, I'm not going to try and write the lore or anything, so I wanted to check it in here before I put it in with wulfgard.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#45 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

photo.jpg

#46 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

• Webmaster
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Ooh, interesting scorpion-man. I like the way you drew the head and tail, and the weapon. I feel like his legs/feet could be a little more animalistic to match though. Most of the scorpion-men in Wulfgard are currently Egyptian (or Babylonian, possibly) in culture, but a culture of Native American style scorpion-men could exist somewhere in the world.

And oh wow, is that Fintan?! Awesome! I love seeing interpretations of characters we haven't depicted yet.

On the topic of the Wiki, if anyone here is currently using it, you'll have to bear with us as we're currently cleaning up and modifying the Monsters section in preparation for the upcoming "Design a Monster" Contest. In particular we're rethinking the names of some of the demon lords, and their abilities. We've also been adding more detailed info to a bunch of the pages. Hoping to add a few more important monster types - Elementals and Chimerans - before we're done.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#47 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

photo.jpg

Here's a my little re-do.

#48 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

SaEuDt2.png

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

As you may know, the Wikia wiki was always a temporary solution, because I encountered a lot of trouble installing a wiki on the official website at wulfgard.net - but at long last, after a solid two days of wrestling with the server in Linux and my control panel and updating PHP and trying a bunch of different wiki platforms and figuring out how to skin the incredibly user-unfriendly MediaWiki, I finally managed to do it!

The new Official Wulfgard Wiki can be found at http://www.wulfgard.net/wiki! No more annoying Wikia ad-banners and commercial videos!

This new wiki is the one we'll be officially updating from now on as we hammer out all the details of Wulfgard's lore. While I'm pretty sure registered users can still edit this new wiki, we will be keeping everything on it "official" - the only fan works we'll post will be certain fanart. Right now there is the Octopian picture by Klaykid and three of Dagoth's beastfolk drawings. If you guys want to be credited differently, let us know! And if you want to post your own characters, factions, etc. from stories and RP's, you can still use the wiki at Wikia.com for that! Oh my, yes.

The new wiki is still under reconstruction - especially the characters section - but we're actively working on it. Once I'm done going over the last few Monsters pages, I will begin the Design a Monster Contest! :)

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#49 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

I hope the contest is after this coming week... Finals, you know.

I think I have an idea or two to donate, if it is at that time.

BTW: I don't want the illustration credit on the page, if that's possible. It breaks immersion!

#50 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• 2,244 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

Yo, by the way, Mountain Dwarf page on Wulfgard Wiki just has Hill Dwarf info on it.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#51 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,068 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

Wow. Can't believe that went unnoticed for so long.

Thanks for pointing that out! I fixed it now. Sorry about that.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#52 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,068 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

Just a heads-up, the wiki needs some very heavy revisions, and I'm planning to get crackin' on those over the summer. A lot of articles will be revised, some may be completely rewritten, and new articles will be added. I've already started to work on this, but I'll post updates as I finish more articles (and finalize edits I'm currently in the process of doing). The character pages in particular need some work.

Now that both Knightfall and Into the North are available, many articles need to be fixed up. So if anyone has any particular articles they'd like to see and/or they want to see updated, feel free to post them here and discuss. I'll be working on everything a lot and adding plenty of new articles, but if anyone has some preferences, I can always switch around the order in which I plan to do things. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#53 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Patron
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:45 PM

From WG Updates thread, in regards to me asking about why account creation is disabled on the Wulfgard wiki:

No; right now, the wiki is only editable by me and Scorp. But if there's an article you think needs editing, feel free to post about it in the thread about the wiki! I also made a post there recently talking about some of my plans. I'd appreciate any extra set of eyes for typos and stuff.  :P

Well, it is not just one article, but several. I think you should give all the book and story articles the {{DISPLAYTITLE}} treatment. Simply put {{DISPLAYTITLE:''(Title)'' (optional paranthesis)}} and it will show the title of the article in italics. But you need to allow DISPLAYTITLE first. See how to do that here https://www.mediawik...lowDisplayTitle

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#54 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,068 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:57 AM

Sweet. Thanks, Lukas. :D I'll look into it.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#55 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Patron
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:11 PM

Thanks. Another thing you could do is just create an infobox, for example Template:Book Infobox that has a code in it that automatically makes it italic, however there might be pages on shorter tales without any infobox...

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#56 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,068 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

• Added a page about Familiars
  • Added a page for Zac Arcadian, protagonist of Echoes of the Mage-Emperor
  • Added a new category, Wolf-kin, to further emphasize the importance of werewolves, vargs, wolves, and all their kind in the setting. More articles about creatures in this category will appear in the future.
  • Revised the Werewolf page and added new information, as well as several new sections
  • Revised the Vampire page and added new information
  • Minor revisions to the Varg page
  • Minor revisions to the Shifter page
  • Minor revisions to Eloh
  • Revisions to Wizard Peak
  • Renamed the Forest of Shadows page to Shadowvale (Forest of Shadows is now a redirect); minor revisions to the page itself

More updates on the way, especially some new articles for various locations featured on the Wulfgard map.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#57 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

shop_playingcards.jpg

Quick update:

All of the characters featured in the Wulfgard Playing Card Deck now have articles on the Wiki. And some existing character articles (like Kye) have been updated with more details.

I've also added a few other articles scattered around the Wiki, like this one, filling in some broken links while I write. I will try to keep a more exact list to post here next time.  :P

-Scorp

#58 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

Just a little donation to the wiki:

Here's a Sea Elf I drew for one of the Wulfgard RPs. However, because of my schedule, it didn't work out. But I figured I'd be nice to get to give the wiki some more art. Let me know if it's a bit too imposing or bizarre :P

Fun fact, since y'all seem to love linguistics- which I also love- the name of this Character was Caice Resh. Cǎisè is the Manderin word for multicolored (a reference to the character's trade as a renegade cartographer and rebel calligrapher of enlightened texts.) The word is Resh sounds like a fantasy/sci-fi name, which is probably the first reason it popped in my head, but it also is pretty close to the Sorrani Kurdish word for "Red".

2nrkmq0.png

#59 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

That is awesome, Dagoth. Thanks! Not too bizarre at all - I love it. Always enjoy your art style, and it just keeps getting better. I'll find a home for it on the Vatnalfar page of the wiki at once.

Any particular way you would like to be credited for your art on the wiki? I'd be happy to link somewhere like your forum thread, DeviantArt, portfolio, or something. Just let me know.

-Scorp

#60 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Patron
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

I'm glad y'all like it. I think I'd like to be credited as Caleb Duke, as that's what I'm using as my brand name, sort of.

Edit: I'd love if you could link to my FB page: https://m.facebook.com/ArtofCalebDuke/

Thank you so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users