NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Official Wulfgard Q&A Topic

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#41 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:05 AM

Has any one ever succed in ransoming a king, duke and so on?

#42 Rogue-Brigade

Rogue-Brigade

Helvetios

• 713 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Lord Boar @ Aug 5 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'd assume so. It can only be so long before somebody in nobility is captured and held for ransom.

Posted Image

#43 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

;;(o,,o);;

• Webmaster
  • 7,646 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Lord Boar @ Aug 5 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course! Ransoming was very common in medieval warfare (sometimes it was the whole reason for the war), so naturally it happens a lot in Wylfgard... both in the Imperial/Barbarian conflicts and within the kingdoms/tribes of the Empire or Northrim. And I'm sure in the South and East some too.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#44 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Patron
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:13 PM

Are there any Dragon Mages in Wylfgard? Like where they are Dragons but can trabsform into humans at will?

#45 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,815 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Reaver-Wolf @ Aug 12 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are there any Dragon Mages in Wylfgard? Like where they are Dragons but can trabsform into humans at will?

There is only one that's known so far, and that's the Emperor of the East, but it is unknown whether he is a human that can turn into a dragon or a dragon that can turn into a human, and it is unknown how he does this. Otherwise, this is believed to be impossible.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#46 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Patron
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Aug 12 2009, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is only one that's known so far, and that's the Emperor of the East, but it is unknown whether he is a human that can turn into a dragon or a dragon that can turn into a human, and it is unknown how he does this. Otherwise, this is believed to be impossible.

Awwwww, Dragon Mages are so awesome! almost as awesome as Werewolves.

Are there creatures like Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, and Undead in Wylfgard?

#47 Iron Corsair

Iron Corsair

Forever Alone

• 1,362 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:06 PM

@Reaver:
QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Aug 17 2008, 06:55 AM)
The most well-known type of demonic magic, Necromancy, always works this way: even the Gifted must lose a part of their soul in order to raise an undead minion – an act which makes them look more pale and corpse-like with each casting, eventually killing them. For this reason, they usually capture spirits of the dead in rune-engraved stones called soulstones, which they then access to fuel their spells. Some of the most powerful may become members of the undead themselves, removing their souls to external containers and tapping into them to cast spells, fueling their spirit by absorbing the souls of the living.

That answers the Undead question. wink.gif

There are Orcs, based on this:

QUOTE (Saber-Scorpion @ Apr. 9 2008, 06:48 PM)
While some Darkcliff barbarians are tall and wild, many are hunched and hideous from life in the caves, and some appear to have interbred with orcs from the nearby monstrous city of Dhuum.

Tauren/Minotaurs are beastmen based on this:
QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Apr 9 2008, 05:56 PM)
The term “beastmen” generally refers to half-man, half-animal creatures, such as the Taurians or Minotaurs, who are half-man and half-bull.

Trolls are the only one I'm not sure of.

Edited by Iron Corsair, 11 August 2009 - 11:08 PM.

#48 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,815 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Reaver-Wolf @ Aug 12 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awwwww, Dragon Mages are so awesome! almost as awesome as Werewolves.

Are there creatures like Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, and Undead in Wylfgard?

Ehh, I wouldn't say that. I like dragons, but I like classical dragons, not D&D dragons. tongue.gif

There are all of those creatures, yes.
Orcs were created by the Jotun as an equivilant of humans, but they are evil, vicious, savage monsters.
Trolls exist, yes. But they're more like classical trolls in Norse mythology than conventional ones (they're certainly far from the ones in Warcraft, by the way).
There are minotaurs\taurians (not 'tauren'), which are completely natural creatures, and have no alliance with orcs or other monsters of any kind (nor a Native American culture tongue.gif ). They are beastmen, cursed descendants of the shifters, like the Lycanthropes are (but they were cursed to be beastmen, not Lycanthropes). Lately Justin and I have been expanding more on minotaur culture, so that will be on the site.
There are certainly undead, but barring vampires and liches, they're totally mindless.

Iron Corsair has the right idea. tongue.gif See his post for the quotes of the details.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#49 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Patron
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

Will there ever be another Wylfgard RP? I didn't get to join the first one (may it rest in peace) because I didn't really know what it was D:

#50 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,815 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Reaver-Wolf @ Aug 12 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will there ever be another Wylfgard RP? I didn't get to join the first one (may it rest in peace) because I didn't really know what it was D:

Yes, there will be, at some point later in time, after the Wylfgard site is up. It'll be a while, though, as I might do it with Justin as one of my primary players (as he is planning to do with me for my next RP), flesh out everything more, make it more in-depth, and finally... actually get it off the ground. tongue.gif But yes, I plan to actually do one at some point and not let it screw up because of my mistakes or the players' mistakes.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#51 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Aug 12 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, there will be, at some point later in time, after the Wylfgard site is up.

Whoa,Whoa,Woah, Do you mean the RP wont be curse of greed that your puttin on your websight?
If it isnt, can I use my sign-up for curse of greed or will I have to make a new one?

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#52 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,815 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (fire-fox526 @ Aug 12 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa,Whoa,Woah, Do you mean the RP wont be curse of greed that your puttin on your websight?
If it isnt, can I use my sign-up for curse of greed or will I have to make a new one?

That's right. It'll have to be a new one, I'm afraid. I mostly did CoG because of popular demand - one day I read over what I had planned and went, "Eh. Too boring. Not enough player choices and consequences involved." So I scrapped it.
We'll have to wait and see. Most likely you'll have to fill out a different sheet style, but you can probably use the same character, if that's what you mean. wink.gif

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#53 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Patron
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

Will it be like one of the G4M3 RPs? where you know whats going on by the story. or will it be like a computer game with graphics and all that? or will it be like "you deal 5 damage to orc, orc uses armor to deflect 3 of the damage. orc hits you and takes away 10 health" ?

#54 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,815 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Reaver-Wolf @ Aug 13 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will it be like one of the G4M3 RPs? where you know whats going on by the story. or will it be like a computer game with graphics and all that? or will it be like "you deal 5 damage to orc, orc uses armor to deflect 3 of the damage. orc hits you and takes away 10 health" ?

As much as I would absolutely love to make a PC game, heh, I can't. So it'll be text-based like all the other RPGs on this forum.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#55 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Patron
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:25 AM

Ok, are we allowed to be Beastmen/werewolves?

#56 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,815 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Reaver-Wolf @ Aug 13 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, are we allowed to be Beastmen/werewolves?

I don't know yet, but possibly werewolves (probably not beastmen, though)... but only very few werewolves would be allowed, if I allow them. I don't know yet. I'm still talking over ideas with Justin. It'll be a while before it starts, after all.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#57 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Captain James T. Kirk @ Aug 13 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know yet, but possibly werewolves (probably not beastmen, though)... but only very few werewolves would be allowed, if I allow them. I don't know yet. I'm still talking over ideas with Justin. It'll be a while before it starts, after all.

Will I be able to have a *ahem* thing I pm'd you about that my last character had?

Posted Image

#58 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,815 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (fire-fox526 @ Aug 13 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will I be able to have a *ahem* thing I pm'd you about that my last character had?

Fellas, I don't know anything at this point, 'kay? wink.gif Go back to asking general Wylfgard questions, not RP questions.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#59 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:31 AM

All right heres a question, would there be a mercinarie who would specialize in monster huntings such as werewolves, beastmen, vamipes Etc.?

Posted Image

#60 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,815 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (fire-fox526 @ Aug 13 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All right heres a question, would there be a mercinarie who would specialize in monster huntings such as werewolves, beastmen, vamipes Etc.?

Yes. There are monster hunters, of course, but very few take up such a job, so it's not a common career, or anything. tongue.gif

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users