Photo

Next Contest POLL!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Next Contest Poll (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Which contest should come first?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

The next SSLF contest will be Comics. Specifically, the objective will be to create a comic (a single "strip" or "page" image, 950 pixels wide and as tall as necessary) in either a sci-fi or fantasy setting. The story can be either dramatic or comedy, and the comic can be made with any medium (hand drawn art, photos of LEGO or action figures, video game screenshots, etc.). The sci-fi contest will probably be limited to futuristic settings, especially space opera and cyberpunk. The fantasy contest will be limited to ancient or medieval fantasy settings, especially high fantasy and sword-and-sorcery. Winners will get the usual prizes, but as a bonus, any comics set in Nova Refuge or Wulfgard may be chosen to be featured on my Saber-Scorpion's Webcomics page as a guest comic, and get an extra prize!

So that just leaves one question: which would you rather do first? Fantasy or Sci-Fi? Please vote, and leave a reply if you have a question.

I'll be closing the poll and starting the contest in just a couple of days, so get your votes in. Thanks!

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

OH sweet, finally! :D I'm super excited you're holding this contest, bring it on! :D

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#3 Spartanmonkey285

Spartanmonkey285

Get to tha CHOPPA!!!

• 27 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hmmm I might try it but i've never actually made a comic before...  :unsure:

OOH WA-AH-AH-AH!!

Mah flickr

#4 Awesomeater

Awesomeater

Demi God of Awesome

• 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Cool,guess it's time to bust out my new lego fantasy adventure IF I get the time.Scorp plz make the contest based on Lego Halo would really like that.

#5 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

The thread for the contest has now been posted! Check it out here.

Fantasy won the poll by a narrow lead in the end, so fantasy comes first, guys! At least that should give me time to finish cleaning up the Nova Refuge site for the sci-fi contest...

Thread closed, thanks for voting! :lockie:

Scorp plz make the contest based on Lego Halo would really like that.

The sci-fi comic contest, when it rolls around, will allow Lego Halo entries. ;)

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users