30 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

http://www.brickfair.com

I think I might actually go this year. I'm considering it, at least.

Anyone here going? Maybe we could meet up. Wolfy will undoubtedly come too.

I must confess: in all my years of building, I've never been to a LEGO convention. Any tips would be appreciated. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#2 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

Ohh, Brickfair is awesome! I went to that in 2010, and it was incredible. The amount of skill and artistic ability is truly astounding and inspiring, bring your camera and your walkin' legs, you'll be there a while. :P Also, bring money, there's Brickforge and Brickarms areas and other neat things.

Also, if you're there before it opens and you're standing in line, I don't think you should worry about how insanely long the line can get. When I was there, the thing circled the building a few times and spiraled into the giant parking lot. This one funny guy was walking around with his two daughters, and he yelled "End of the line, where are you!? Send up a signal flare!" But it was great, the line moved amazingly and everyone was inside in about ten minutes.

All in all, Brickfair is awesome, go and enjoy!

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#3 Ascalon

Ascalon

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

I live about 20 minutes away. If you decide to go and feel like meeting up, let me know.

#4 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• 2,213 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

http://www.brickfair.com

I think I might actually go this year. I'm considering it, at least.

Anyone here going? Maybe we could meet up.

I must confess: in all my years of building, I've never been to a LEGO convention. Any tips would be appreciated. :P

Are you just going on the Public days to view things and buy from the vendors?

Or are you going for the actual convention (August 2nd and 3rd, as well as public days), to display your MOCs, get some swag, participate in games and events, and hang out with fellow builders?

Either way is fun, but I cannot recommend the latter highly enough. Seriously, it's a freaking BLAST, you get to see what goes into the set-up of other people's MOCs, usually end up with some awesome freebies (sometimes including prototypes from third parties like Brickarms, Brick Warriors, Brick Forge, etc.), participate in some fun activities and games (blind build, wacky racers, speed build, collectible fig sort, etc.), have the chance to win trophies in categories you submit MOCs for, and best of all meet a bunch of people who share your passion for little plastic bricks.

I sincerely WISH I could go, but it's on the wrong coast...
*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#5 Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl

*screech*

• 1,454 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

Personally, I've gone the last two years, once as a Public and once displaying a MOC. It was amazing both times, well managed and easy to go through with. I liked displaying because it gives you time for critique and for people to help you with wrongs and compliment you on what you've done right. I'm not able to go this year, but I hope you have fun if you go.
-Pterodactyl

#6 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

I live about 20 minutes away. If you decide to go and feel like meeting up, let me know.

Cool! I'll PM you about it.

Are you just going on the Public days to view things and buy from the vendors?

Or are you going for the actual convention (August 2nd and 3rd, as well as public days), to display your MOCs, get some swag, participate in games and events, and hang out with fellow builders?

I feel like I really should go to the full thing, but I'm not sure... Werewolf wants to come along, and it could get expensive. I think I might just go to the public opening to get a feel for it, and maybe get the full experience next time.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#7 Eeevilz

Eeevilz

Panda.

• 620 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

I love brickfair! :D You should totally go just to see what other people have been working on firsthand. And there's always Brickarms there to go splurge on.

I would have, but my character got Falcon punched by a were-pire. Wow, that was a weird sentence. :P

Oh God I'm posting my actual political views in the News & Politics topic all serious-like what the heck is wrong with me

Posted Image

#8 Bobafettmaniac

Bobafettmaniac

Gopnik Lyfe

• Nova Member
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

I should be there...I'll PM you...we live 30 minutes away.

Posted Image

Thanks to Burngirl for the Sig.

#9 cheeso194

cheeso194

Corporal

• Nova Member
  • 261 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Ah, I was waiting for this topic to show up. I'll be displaying a few things there, I do hope to see some of you guys there. I should probably post my MOCs here before I go, but whatever.

I DO NEAT THINGS WITH COMICS

Cheeso's One Offs and Pilots

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9064

#10 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

I'll try to remember to wear my dark-grey shirt with the big Saber-Scorpion's Lair logo on it so people can spot me. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#11 Bobafettmaniac

Bobafettmaniac

Gopnik Lyfe

• Nova Member
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'll wear jeans and a tee shirt...maybe something hipster-like...

Posted Image

#12 Ascalon

Ascalon

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

I'll wear a pretty white dress with a bow in my hair.

#13 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

Do it.

I'll be in my brown Wulfgard shirt, if anyone cares. :P Not that it'll be hard to spot me, I'll more than likely be with Scorp the whole time.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#14 Koenig

Koenig

I think something should go here.

• 521 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

Wish I could be there, but I'll be in Poland at the time, so, yeah...
Maybe next year though.

Winning boss battles with throwing knives since 2013.

#15 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

You guys should post pictures of the meet up.
Unless your all going dressed as anonymous internet people.
Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#16 Bobafettmaniac

Bobafettmaniac

Gopnik Lyfe

• Nova Member
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

I need one of those big nose, bushy eyebrows, and glasses masks...you know the kind?

We ought to meet up at the brick arms vendor or something...

EDIT: Ok, I actually found a map of the center on one of the vendors websites.
I guess there is a food court in the conference center. Its off to the immediate right as you walk in the entrance.
So if you all want to meet up there or something (maybe lunchtime if they offer food) we could get a group photo of those who are there or something.

Edited by Bobafettmaniac, 31 July 2012 - 08:49 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Member
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

SCORP DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's freakin awesome and I'd like to meet you as well; primarily on the basis that I've never said one word to you... ever :(

I mean this is what you missed last year, and what a year that was:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=486703

:)
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Nice gallery!

Wolfy and I are going to be there on Saturday at least. ;)

$20 to anyone that can bring me a photo of Justin.

:lego_umm:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#19 Bobafettmaniac

Bobafettmaniac

Gopnik Lyfe

• Nova Member
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

We will have to hide the group photo somewhere... XP

Posted Image

#20 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Member
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Just give a time and location to meet up at brickfair. Wouldn't mind meeting some of the good folks of SSLF.
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users