• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 O'Mulriain

O'Mulriain

Woodland Master

• Nova Member
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

I... I can feel something... something inside of me, changing...

...I think I'm "growing out of" my LEGOs (although I resent the term, one can not "grow out of" LEGOs per se, perhaps "moving on" would be a better term to refer to my shifting interests). You all may very well find a new lot of those quaint little bricks on ebay in the near future.

However, oddly enough I am as attached as ever to my minifigs. I do not foresee my customization of them ceasing any time soon.

Who knows, maybe I could organize a discount for any SSLF member that wants 'em. We'll see.
God is good.

#2 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

POPULAR

Save them. I stopped playing with them for a good 6 year gap. I felt nostalgic one day, went home and started building and I loved it. Don't get rid of them, but feel free to put them away. I forgot how much I really did love my Lego's, and having parts from almost 40 years makes me so proud.

giphy.gif

#3 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

Save them. I stopped playing with them for a good 6 year gap. I felt nostalgic one day, went home and started building and I loved it. Don't get rid of them, but feel free to put them away. I forgot how much I really did love my Lego's, and having parts from almost 40 years makes me so proud.

This. Never had a "dark age" myself yet, but know people who have, and those who sold off their lego highly regretted it. I recommend opaque boxes that seal tightly, kept out of sun and water, hopefully someplace where rodents won't chew into them, or spiders crawl in to lay eggs. Otherwise, cold can't hurt them, and they require no maintenance.

If you absolutely have to get rid of your collection, you may want to use bricklink to part out the rarer pieces and make more money, then just sell the low-value pieces in bulk lots on ebay. I know quite a few AFOLs here in the Portland area who might be willing to buy them off you for a fair price if you just want to unload them all at once.

Again, though, I encourage you to keep them in the off chance you regain interest, or even just to pass on to your kids some day. Legos properly kept tend to appreciate in value.

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#4 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Yeah man, even if you don't ever use them again, your kids someday might and they probably won't have the liberty of playing with LEGOs because it's a petroleum product.

btw do you have any of those 2x2 axle pieces with the springs in it from either the Extreme Team sets or the Outback sets? :P
Old timer

#5 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

The only thing I sold was my bin of Lego bricks. Otherwise I still have my RES-Q chopper (looking at him right now), X-Wing (from like 2000) and Naboo Starfighter (also from 2000). Yeah, they're missing a few parts here & there, but w/e. I like 'em. Sure I don't build anything with them, I actually was not very creative with Legos. I'm still not. :P

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#6 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

Otherwise I still have my RES-Q chopper

Dude, you have no idea how jealous I am of you right now. >:(
Old timer

#7 O'Mulriain

O'Mulriain

Woodland Master

• Nova Member
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Heh, all my sets never make it past two months before getting scrapped for parts.

Well I'll organize everything and see how things are after that. I should have you all know that my new hobbies are a lot more time-consuming and do require maintenance, and as a result my LEGOs have had plenty of time to sit and collect dust. Also when you've got a good sized budget and can't bring yourself to spend any of it on LEGOs you know something's up. :unsure:

...Not to mention said new hobbies are expensive and I could do with a little extra cash. :P

The minifigures are going to stay with me and accumulate. I love them too much.
God is good.

#8 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Dude. If you get a girlfriend that likes to do gimmicky fun stuff, and you've taken her to a bunch of serious dates, just go to your house and surprise her and be like "You wanna play with Legos?" It'll be the equivalent of building a blanket fortress or something along those lines.

Just don't get any Legos stuck in your skin, if you know what I mean.

xgd0s9.jpg

#9 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

I'm not gonna stop you, and if you have an inventory, I may even buy parts from you. I just hope you don't come to regret them.

And as for that RES-Q chopper? I found alot of the parts. Those white torso's with an orange Q on them, and the sheer amount of yellow and ziplines is crazy,

giphy.gif

#10 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

Wish I had the money to buy some of those from you, but at least keep your minifigs if you're going to sell your legos because they are still fun to play with if you don't have anything else.(and it's not just because I can't buy them from you [okay maybe it is])

#11 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'm not gonna stop you, and if you have an inventory, I may even buy parts from you. I just hope you don't come to regret them.

And as for that RES-Q chopper? I found alot of the parts. Those white torso's with an orange Q on them, and the sheer amount of yellow and ziplines is crazy,

I have them lying around somewhere in this room. :P Some are either legitimately lost, others are spread out about in my room, or they're still in the box.

Dude, you have no idea how jealous I am of you right now. >:(

Spoiler

u jelly?

tqtEf64.gif

#12 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

u jelly?

Kinda, but I had the riverboat and hovercraft.
Old timer

#13 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

I feel the same, Narhelm. I'd never get rid of my bricks or figs, 'cause I need them both for future comics, but I've just stopped building recently. The only sets I have constructed as of now are the pirate ships the size of the Imperial Flagship, which I'm quite proud of. The rest of my LEGO is in 6 plastic tubs. That are rather large...

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#14 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

Kinda, but I had the riverboat and hovercraft.

I'd be incredibly jelly if you had the RES-Q Command Centre. That thing was awesome, it had like three vehicles. A small chopper, a boat, an ATV and that little tow truck.

tqtEf64.gif

#15 Xero

Xero

Quad Damage

• Nova Member
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

I'd be incredibly jelly if you had the RES-Q Command Centre. That thing was awesome, it had like three vehicles. A small chopper, a boat, an ATV and that little tow truck.

I had that. Sadly it was busted apart a long time ago. Still have the ATV and part of the boat assembled, though.

#16 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

Annnnd slowly the topic degrades into who's jelly about what.

Look, don't sell your Legos. When I got the Xbox 360 for the first time, I didn't care about Legos. Usually my Lego collection's only purpose was to recreate Halo.
I would have sold them, but instead I kept 'em. Turns out I wanted them later, and I did some great stuff with them. Tons of fun. ;)

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#17 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

The Res-Q center was for rich yuppies.

Though for Christmas once, I got that ultimate Ninja/Samurai base and that was so cool.

giphy.gif

#18 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

The Res-Q center was for rich yuppies.

Yeah, I would have much preferred the Xtreme Team HQ over it though.
Old timer

#19 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

The Xtreme Team was just so extreme but that looked normal for me as a kid. Every set had a monster truck, or a motorcycle, or just something so awesome. Hang gliders, ramps, boats, rope. Ziplines. Ziplines, everywhere.

I'm on Bricklink shopping for all of these stuff. I don't need instructions or boxes. Just the pieces. Adventure!

giphy.gif

#20 O'Mulriain

O'Mulriain

Woodland Master

• Nova Member
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

I never had any of that Res-Q stuff. I remember it being advertised on a few LEGO instructions for sets of mine a while back. My grandma used to buy a bunch of 5-10 dollar LEGO sets and hide them around the house and we'd go hunt for them. Good times.

I guess I'll keep my LEGOs for now (in their entirety, not just the minifigs), since ya'll have convinced me I may later regret selling them I really badly need to do some organizing though. Throw out the chewed stuff, separate colors and technic from system stuff, etc.
God is good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users