• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

So I was browsing the new Avengers LEGO sets on LEGO.com and stumbled apon the Instructions tab. Did anyone else know about this? Apparently LEGO compiled a giant database of all LEGO instructions ever.

We currently have over 3300 building instructions available online which date back to sets packed in 2002.

This is obviously untrue as I've been looking at RES-Q and Rock Raiders (my two most favorite lines). Man were those sets chunky and packed with parts. You really got a good part to price ratio back then. God the nostalgia is everywhere.
Old timer

#2 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

Every Adventurer Instruction available. Yeees. Yeeeeees. I'm off to go home and ****ing build that Island Hopper.

giphy.gif

#3 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

Every Adventurer Instruction available. Yeees. Yeeeeees. I'm off to go home and ****ing build that Island Hopper.

Dude! The Island Hopper was my favorite set from the dinosaurs one, right next to the HQ set. So many memories in these instructions man. Alpha Team, old Star Wars, Arctic, Res-Q, Rock Raiders... so many good lines. I mean they might not be the sets redistributed but the instructions made available is good enough.
Old timer

#4 Eeevilz

Eeevilz

Panda.

• 620 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

Yeah this has been around for a while. Every "product" or theme has instructions in their theme specific section of the website.

I would have, but my character got Falcon punched by a were-pire. Wow, that was a weird sentence. :P

Oh God I'm posting my actual political views in the News & Politics topic all serious-like what the heck is wrong with me

Posted Image

#5 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

I used the instruction thing to build my two Brickbeard's Bounty ships into a ship the size of the Imperial Flagship one. I did the same thing with my two Black Pearl sets. I might do the very same with the Queen Anne's Revenge, if I ever have the extra dough, or I find two on clearance somewhere.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#6 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

Yeah this has been around for a while. Every "product" or theme has instructions in their theme specific section of the website.

Yeah, but this is also for discontinued sets, too.
Old timer

#7 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

This is awesome! This means when I get my own computer I can just chuck all my instructions out the-- I mean... I could recycle my instructions in the proper bin.

#8 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Save the instruction manuals. People pay top dollar for those on Bricklink.

I just can't believe this. I could honestly get back into Lego just to build all those Adventurer Sets. You don't even know how badly I wanted that River Expedition one, or the Dino HQ one. I feel so happy. I actually have these parts. All the bi-planes are square, and flat. There's no fancy new pieces. Temples are set pieces with just straight up pillars. I'm going home today, and digging out all my Lego's. This is the Renaissance!

giphy.gif

#9 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Have none of your guys ever been here? I've no idea how legal it is, but that'd be the site I've used for years now, whenever I fancied putting together one of my old childhood friends. (Which is almost never, but whatever...)

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#10 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

I've always gone to Brickfactory.. never seen Lego's database.

#11 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

So I was browsing the new Avengers LEGO sets on LEGO.com and stumbled apon the Instructions tab. Did anyone else know about this? Apparently LEGO compiled a giant database of all LEGO instructions ever.

This is obviously untrue as I've been looking at RES-Q and Rock Raiders (my two most favorite lines). Man were those sets chunky and packed with parts. You really got a good part to price ratio back then. God the nostalgia is everywhere.

Brickfactory has even more than that. Thought It's user-submitted, so there are a few sets missing, and most sets get uploaded about a year after they come out.

http://www.brickfactory.info/

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#12 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,934 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Peeron.com also has a database of instructions/catalog scans: http://peeron.com/scans/

Oh God, I think I'm dying of nostalgia:
Spoiler

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#13 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

Peeron.com also has a database of instructions/catalog scans: http://peeron.com/scans/

Spoiler

Oh hey! I have that X-Wing too somewhere! :D

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#14 Maximazed

Maximazed

Private

• 60 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Funny thing about this is, when I was younger I remember a lot of these sets looking more impressive. If I hadn't sold my lego years ago I might have just rebuilt some of my older sets.

#15 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

Spoiler

One of my favorite sets, but man does it looks stupid compared to the new one.
Old timer

#16 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,934 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

There's no question in my mind that LEGO sets have gotten better over the last few years. A good thing, since they're so expensive now.

May the original AT-ST set never be forgotten:

Posted Image

It still makes me laugh.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#17 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

to be frank, the original LEGO AT-ST set was a piece of crap. It was quite possibly the worst LEGO set ever created. It was tiny, could only seat one pilot, looked nothing like the walker in the movies, had brown and tan legs and feet, and featured a laughable "shuffling action" instead of actual walking ability...

I think Star Wars Legos were the reason I first came to this site and I remember being angry at you for talking bad about Lego. After seeing the picture just now I have to agree with you that that thing looks like crap.
Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#18 Maximazed

Maximazed

Private

• 60 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

There's no question in my mind that LEGO sets have gotten better over the last few years. A good thing, since they're so expensive now.

May the original AT-ST set never be forgotten:

Posted Image

It still makes me laugh.

I remember when the Big K-mart went out of business in my neighborhood and they were selling all their Lego Star Wars sets for 5 dollars a piece. My dad let both my brother and I get 50 dollars worth of and I got a couple of these, some B-wings and the Slave I. I don't remember the other sets I got but I remember my brother and I having a some sort of big army battle. Hard to believe that was 10 years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users