Is it me or Iron Man's hand repulsors are trans-blue Rings from LotR. :blink:

#22 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

At first it looked like the studless stud piece, but I think you might be right *shrug*

Anyhow, I'll probably get a couple of them (gotta save my money for the LotR sets), but I really want that set w/ Magneto, Wolverine, and Deadpool. What can I say? X-men have been my favorite supers since I was a kid.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#23 Tr0jin H0rse

Tr0jin H0rse

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthorpist

• Nova Member
  • 410 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

No they actually aren't, they are just trans-light blue round studs put on his hands, then turned his hands upside down. This is clearly shown in this picture:
Posted Image

Personally I cannot wait to get Iron Man, the sets come out next month! I think it will look better in real life, and like I said, the Batman cowl is HUGE but it looks good in person. Plus, the front of the helmet lifts up so you can see Tony Stark's face! LEGO Avengers, assemble!

#24 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

The thing about Batman's cowl though is that there's the cape to offset its oversizedness. Like with those hood pieces, if you put them on a minifig without a cape they look huge but if they have a cape on they look fine.

Iron Man doesn't have a cape and as such the helmet looks stupid. Judging by that picture it's bigger than his torso.

#25 Sir Solitaire

Sir Solitaire

Plumber

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

Is it just me or is that a LEGO Deadpool driving the helicopter of "6866 Wolverine’s Chopper Showdown"?

I suddenly need that set very badly.

Also, any ideas who the Goldies are?

gplus-1832912543.gif

Non ergo in te vocabo

#26 Tr0jin H0rse

Tr0jin H0rse

• Nova Member
  • 410 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

The thing about Batman's cowl though is that there's the cape to offset its oversizedness. Like with those hood pieces, if you put them on a minifig without a cape they look huge but if they have a cape on they look fine.

Iron Man doesn't have a cape and as such the helmet looks stupid. Judging by that picture it's bigger than his torso.

Keep in mind that it is LEGO, and proportions are always out of scale. But I wonder, if LEGO made a custom Iron Man torso armour mold to go with the helmet, would it look better? I mean, it would make him look more bulky and could make him seem more like a guy in a suit of armour. Must find someone to make it...

Is it just me or is that a LEGO Deadpool driving the helicopter of "6866 Wolverine’s Chopper Showdown"?

Yes, it is Deadpool. He comes with a katana and a human laser gun from the Alien Conquest line.

#27 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,957 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

Keep in mind that it is LEGO, and proportions are always out of scale. But I wonder, if LEGO made a custom Iron Man torso armour mold to go with the helmet, would it look better? I mean, it would make him look more bulky and could make him seem more like a guy in a suit of armour. Must find someone to make it...

Ugh, please no. I'm getting really tired of the current minifig customization trend toward bulky custom-molded attachments all over the body and limbs so that it's barely recognizable as a LEGO fig anymore. <_<

Iron Man's helmet does look ridiculous though, even for a LEGO fig. I thought the same thing when I first saw Batman's cowl, but this is worse. It seems like they could make both masks smaller if they tried... but I guess then the plastic would be thinner and more easily breakable? I dunno.

I probably won't get many of these sets since I'll need all of my money to pay for the tons of LotR sets I plan to buy, but I do like Hawkeye's bow.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#28 Florent

Florent

vous et des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

Yeah, cartoons probably not suitable for LEGO's audience. Besides, he's not even an Avenger.

But then again, Iron Man is rated PG-13, as are most of the superhero movies.

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#29 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

Ugh, please no. I'm getting really tired of the current minifig customization trend toward bulky custom-molded attachments all over the body and limbs so that it's barely recognizable as a LEGO fig anymore. <_<

YES. THIS.

His helmet looks stupid. I will probably buy Scorp's decals, since they are very good looking. I just have to find a red head...

And about Batman's mask, it also looks huge to me... I'd rather have a decal for that, too. IT'S A SKIN TIGHT MASK...!

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#30 Tr0jin H0rse

Tr0jin H0rse

• Nova Member
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Ah well, I guess Scorp will have to make his Iron Man decals dark red instead of normal red, so everything can be good :D

#31 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,957 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

Ah well, I guess Scorp will have to make his Iron Man decals dark red instead of normal red, so everything can be good :D

Color changes can be made free of charge. Just request it in the Comments section of your order. :whistling:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#32 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

My next decal order I'll have to order some dark red ones then. Also, I'll browse the shop to see if there's any good arm decals for Loki. Since you've not made any decals for him, and I'm unsatisfied with LEGO's Loki.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#33 Guest_Jethro Turtle_*

Guest_Jethro Turtle_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

I kinda Prefer Batman Cowl piece Compared to the Iron Man hat piece, The Only thing that bothers me about the Batman Cowl is the Whole part about Bruce Wayne's head, and the White Bandage part on the head.

#34 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:29 AM

I am extremely happy that Hulk has tan pants, though. That makes it necessary to use that Hulk for a Misadventures page involving Croc... :P

I am kind of bugged by Iron-Man's jets, though... If I was a kid still, and swooshed my Legos around, I'd more than likely just go without the trans-blue pieces. :P

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#35 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

Meh, call me silly, but I liked the days when his pants were PURPLE.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#36 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Ironman's head scares me. :lol:

I'll probably pick up a little set to have Hulk or Captain America.

giphy.gif

#37 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Posted Image

Did you guys see this? It's the remake of this poster, but with the LEGO® characters. According to what I read - TLG made it. And I even see a couple figgies in there that haven't even been schedualed for release. :P

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#38 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Now I understand Iron Man's massive helmet, because it can open ! ... Time will tell if it's a worthy deal.

Also, nice bow for Hawkeye. But Black Widow's hairs aren't red enough.

#39 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image

Did you guys see this? It's the remake of this poster, but with the LEGO® characters. According to what I read - TLG made it. And I even see a couple figgies in there that haven't even been schedualed for release. :P

Posted Image

There goes my oath to buy no Lego's with the exception of LotR.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#40 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

I see Nick Fury!

I SEE NICK FURY!

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users