Resident VW Enthusiast

• Nova Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1213958p1.html

:Flickr
Gypsy King
Celephaïs (Mk 1)

Currently working on: Dustbowl (Novel), 1974 VW Beetle "Crow", Unnamed LEGO Space Freighter

#2 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#3 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

I don't get it.

#4 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:38 AM

I concur.

"Oh boy, I found a coal brick. Now I can just put it on this stick brick and I'll have a torch brick! The merriment hath been made twice-fold!"

I mean, sure, some might see artistic value in little Minecraft vignettes, but personally I just find it pointless.

#5 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

Has nobody thought of Lego: Minecraft the game?
It'd be weird to have a game of a game, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lego decided to go that direction.

on the other hand, like you guys said, it will have little no no point. You can't craft anything, you can't go mining... But you can build right? Why not put your Minecraft creations into real life? Use normal Lego bricks? that's cheating :P

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#6 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

Has nobody thought of Lego: Minecraft the game?

Wouldn't that basically just be a more complex inferior version of any of the Lego CAD programs out there?

Seriously, I'm not seeing any point to this whatsoever, it just seems like a kind of car-in-yo'-car type situation. How would Minecraft themed sets be any different/better than just buying a big tub of assorted bricks?

#7 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

Wouldn't that basically just be a more complex inferior version of any of the Lego CAD programs out there?

Well, in CAD you're not fighting off zombies and creepers :P But I see your point. The more I think about this, the less sense it makes.

I'm still going to buy them Posted Image

#8 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

What's next, Angry Birds LEGO?
Old timer

#9 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:25 AM

Well you can't exactly blame LEGO for cashing in on this, guys.

Step 1: Put lots of 2x2 bricks in a box
Step 2: Slap "Minecraft" logo on said box
Step 3: Profit

Not something I'd be interested in buying myself, but this is very well-timed with an idea I've had on the backburner for a while now...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#10 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:33 AM

Who doesn't need more 2X2s? and some chickens, cows, and pigs are always nice. They could be useful for landscapes. Albiet, very very blocky landscapes.

#11 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

Thing is, you can already purchase 2x2 bricks in bulk at LEGO Pick-a-Brick. LEGO Minecraft seems like just... basic LEGO. Kind of amusing, really.

I imagine these Minecraft sets will only be sold online anyway. I mean, they don't even sell Minecraft itself in stores... right?

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#12 Guest_Jethro Turtle_*

Guest_Jethro Turtle_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:26 AM

You know, This Doesn't Surprise me honestly.

#13 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:48 AM

This will probably be great once the people making ideas can get out of their "make it the exact same as the game only lego" rut (since if all the sets are just randomly arranged cubes who needs an official set) and start doing stuff that would actually make for fun sets, like an ender dragon encounter, or a blacksmith's shop.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#14 DS9

DS9

Private First Class

• 126 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

grrr! you spoiled the fun! now my moc idea won't be as much fun anymore! lol
Play nice, build fair, don't steal!

My Brickshelf
My MOCpages
My MOCpages Fan Group

#15 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this is just awesome? Who cares if it's redundant? :P

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#16 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

What's next, Angry Birds LEGO?

FUND IT! (I really mean it!!!!!)

Anyway, what Scorp says is right. 2x2 bricks for blocky structures is just not what I want to spend my money on. I like the normal Lego sets, with interesting bricks, and cooler, more sleek and good looking design (without making new pieces that the never use for anything else, like MegaBloks).

ForcedSim, this one I have to disagree... Kinda like the Reach thing... Grrrrr >:( (Joking! :lol: )

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#17 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

FUND IT! (I really mean it!!!!!)

Build a catapult slingshot and fling bird minifigs into structures made of blocks. :o
Old timer

#18 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

The film Rio made a deal with Angry Birds. I don't see why those things can't cross at some points.

Lego Creepers. :shock:

giphy.gif

#19 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this is just awesome? Who cares if it's redundant? :P

I'm with Jociva on this one :P

#20 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Why pay a fixed price for an infinite amount of time with a 3D game of blocks when you can cash out every few months for the newest edition to a 3D game of blocks and also buy replacements when your old pieces crumble with overuse?

But seriously, this line shows no possibilities for me. Most LEGO lines turn something that is fixed (like a film or an key idea) and turn it into something creative (a series of blocks that can be arranged in any order to meet the theme). What this does is turn something that is creative, has infinite resources and a fixed price and turns it into something with less creative ability (no crafting, working redstone or AI for creatures) that has an extremely finite amount of resources and costs you every time a new set comes out.

Sure, those few people who don't have access to a computer capable of running Minecraft and yet do have access to a LEGO store could gain from this. I'm sure there are extremely strict parents out there who condone electrical equipment who are glad that they can finally give their child some creative fun for Christmas.

But that's the only possible use of this I can think of that doesn't involve testing out griefing strategies (blowing up some LEGO bricks).

The idea is an awesome one, I'll grant you, but there's no way in hell that this kind of thing will convince me to splurge out on some LEGO bricks. I can understand the logic behind it, but in practise it's no better than going out and buying a copy of Minecraft.

~ Golden-Star

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minecraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users