6 replies to this topic

#1 Kreoss

Kreoss

Where now are the horse and the rider?

• Nova Member
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

Hey!
So I recently rediscovered this LEGO strategy game called Brikwars, and it looks really fun. I'm still deciding on an army, it'll be either space orcs or the normal fantasy orcs. I was wondering if anyone else here plays this(I think Skorpia might, not sure though). Also you can post Brikwars related stuff of course, since it's the Brikwars topic...yeah.

Posted Image
Coming eventually to a Brick Theater near you!

#2 Sir Solitaire

Sir Solitaire

Plumber

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

Hey!
So I recently rediscovered this LEGO strategy game called Brikwars, and it looks really fun. I'm still deciding on an army, it'll be either space orcs or the normal fantasy orcs. I was wondering if anyone else here plays this(I think Skorpia might, not sure though). Also you can post Brikwars related stuff of course, since it's the Brikwars topic...yeah.

SKorpia and I usually game with each other if the fancy takes us. Our usual forces are whatever LEGOs we have lying around at the time. I personally find the game to have some hilarious rwesults and wtaching LEGO men die everywhere. Reminds me I should really look into organizing into a proper force one day. I have Hussar Decals, the idea of Polish Infantry... Hmmm...

gplus-1832912543.gif

Non ergo in te vocabo

#3 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

Oh yeah. Not as much as I used to of course.

To be honest, Brik Wars has the most intricate and realistic melee fighting system. Clearly from the rules you can see they don't give a rat's arse about shooting/ranged combat. Apart from that, I love the game for its randomness. I could go on for paragraphs about how awesome the mix of technology, history, and fantasy in the game is but I can easily sum it all up with the greatest piece of artwork ever to grace the Brikwars gallery:

Posted Image

I mean just look at it. It's beautiful.

Anywho, I usually play the game on a smaller more campaign-oreintated scale, typically employing 20 men at the most. For modern/sci-fi I used to use my Stormtrooper strike team before I traded the drop-ship and a good portion of them for Soul Calibur IV off of a friend, but I digress. I went on Bricklink and fashioned my own militia, and after buying a bucketload of weapons from Brickarms my strikeforce was created. I'll probably post pictures of them at some point.

Anyways, for fantasy/medieval, I run a massive horde of skeletons and zombies toting everything from giant rusty swords to shovels (Shovels being the prevalient weapon since the zombies use them and I've got more zombies than skellies). I typically put as much armor as I can on the skellies and use them as shock infantry.

And of course the whole force is lead by the Vampire knight Vlad (I'm so original). I use an old Snape head (never could remember why they made it glow but it does) combined with dark armor and a busted visor (I can't recall how it got chipped but it looks awesome). Since we almost always do seiges, I have my zombies carry the battering ram while the rest hang around in a huge mob to protect them and the skeletons trundling along towards the back.

But yeah, I freaking love Brikwars even if I haven't played it for long while thanks to 40k/Mordheim.

nY1rpGl.gif

#4 Freeloh

Freeloh

Good thing the Restoration made this tech so easy to use!

• 256 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

To be honest, Brik Wars has the most intricate and realistic melee fighting system. Clearly from the rules you can see they don't give a rat's arse about shooting/ranged combat.

If I remember correctly, melee allows you to hit as long as the weapon can touch them. This makes it especially fun to exploit, by making a huge stack of chains, and topping it with a blade, to hit just about any enemy anyhwhere ever. :P But yeah, I've never gotten an opportunity yet to actually play it. I'm interested, though.
Posted Image
Click the image to see my art topic!

#5 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Member
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

Wow this'll be my first post here in a very long time.

Anywho, my friend Gunnar and I often play Brikwars over at his house. It's a pretty fun way to pass the time when I'm not at school, work, or playing Skyrim.
Qwikwars is often what we resort to due to our lack of attention spans though...

#6 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,935 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Never played Brikwars. I remember someone making Brikwars rules for a bunch of my Nova Refuge vehicles, which I thought was pretty neat, but I seem to have lost them somewhere. :\

Wow this'll be my first post here in a very long time.

Tommy Gun! :o Long time no see! Welcome back.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#7 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Member
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

Tommy Gun! :o Long time no see! Welcome back.

Hey Scorp! Good to be back! ;) SSLF has this strange alluring quality I just couldn't stay away from for too long. :P
Honestly I have always checked the forums and your newsthread pretty often hah.

But nostalgia aside, Brikwars nova refuge battles sounds like a blast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users