• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#41 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

I really like Mars Mission ,it's one of my favorites, despite the fact I don't own any of them laugh.gif !

#42 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Blade-Angel @ Nov 22 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like Mars Mission ,it's one of my favorites, despite the fact I don't own any of them laugh.gif !

I don't see what's so great about them. What do you see that's so special, cause all I see is a generic space theme with ugly aliens.

giphy.gif

#43 Krekkagon

Krekkagon

Naszfluckah

• 391 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (The Arbiter @ Nov 22 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see what's so great about them. What do you see that's so special, cause all I see is a generic space theme with ugly aliens.

Well... the aliens are ugly and they certainly aren't to any use... but the ships seems good to me. I havn't got any of the Mars Mission sets, but most of them looks really good.

#44 Blade

Blade

Captain Moustache

• Nova Member
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (The Arbiter @ Nov 22 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see how they put them together, I like them for the individual pieces. The ship pieces are good for making your own ships, and the mininfigs have some good torsos and I rather like the helmets.

#45 Crustacean Freak

Crustacean Freak

Resident VW Enthusiast

• Nova Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

Blacktron II
Pirates
Ninjas
Divers
Creator/Designer
Star Wars Classic
Indiana Jones
Space Police
Futuron

:Flickr
Gypsy King
Celephaïs (Mk 1)

Currently working on: Dustbowl (Novel), 1974 VW Beetle "Crow", Unnamed LEGO Space Freighter

#46 Anasazi!

Anasazi!

FIRE IS MOTION. WORK IS REPITITION.

• 566 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Crustacean Freak @ Nov 22 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pirates

You know they're making new Pirates sets right!?
SWEET.
Cap'n Jazz & Tera Melos are the best bands ever ever.

#47 Nevar

Nevar

This isn't good... is it?

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Probably Adventurers (especially Dino Island). It had great characters, vehicles and a lot of animals... Why does every new LEGO theme have to either be based on a movie or have no story at all...?
"I have a message for my fans. Whatever you want to do in this world, it is achievable. The most important thing that I've found, that perhaps you could use, is be passionate and enthusiastic in the direction that you choose in life, and you'll be a winner."<br />
- Steve Irwin AKA "The Crocodile Hunter"<br />
<br />
"I wirr continue to create games as rong as I rive."<br />
- Hideo Kojima

#48 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

Are you serious, this topic is 4 years old.
Old timer

#49 Nevar

Nevar

This isn't good... is it?

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

Yes, I am.

Also, classic Castle (before Dragon Masters) was really great. But so were the 1995 Royal Knights... Some people say that Fright Knights mark the end of great Castle -- but I actually loved their castle and some of the minifig designs.
"I have a message for my fans. Whatever you want to do in this world, it is achievable. The most important thing that I've found, that perhaps you could use, is be passionate and enthusiastic in the direction that you choose in life, and you'll be a winner."<br />
- Steve Irwin AKA "The Crocodile Hunter"<br />
<br />
"I wirr continue to create games as rong as I rive."<br />
- Hideo Kojima

#50 Burngirl

Burngirl

You are clear for takeoff.

• Nova Member
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

(Sorry for making this a longer post.)
I loved the Adventurer sets. As a kid, Johnny Thunder was my all time fav! I even got the Legoland t-shirt with Johny Thunder's logo on it and a cartoon map of Egypt.

The theme had a story and great characters.

I also like Mars Mission. On the Lego website they had stories from that to listen to. It was really quite fun going beyond the sets as well as playing with the Lego in that theme.

Classic Castle with King Leo, Princess Storm, and Queen Leonara, Sir Richard and more. That theme was brilliant with its own comic and game. The Lego was fun to play with too.

The Arctic I think was a great theme all together. (Of course the sets I'm talking about were out in maybe 1900s to early 2000s)
The Arctic one was truly one of the first larger sets my sibs and I got together. The ski vehicles were awesome and really fun to play with.

All in all these are my favs.

Edited by Burngirl, 03 June 2012 - 09:26 PM.

Posted Image

Photograph by me, editions made in Paint.net

Click the picture if you want to see my photography collection.

#51 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

Yes, I am.

This topic is 4 years old. You resurrected a four year old topic. I think you need to go re-read the rules about resurrecting a topic that is more than 3 months old.
Old timer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users