NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Stranded - Sign-ups and OOC

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

Stranded

It had been such a beautiful day. The sun shone on the sea as the Achaean Warship Greenhawk steadily moved across the water. The ship and its Legionaries where making their way southward to quell a rebellion that was beginning to get out of hand. The crew moved across the deck, while the legionaries rested below-decks, and the slave-drivers whips cracked across the backs of oar-slaves in the oar-deck.

It had seemed somewhat peaceful.

Then, at the drop of a hat, the storm had hit.

The ship, unprepared for such an event, was driven off coarse and now was far out in the middle of the ocean. The sails had been ripped ragged by the howling wind, and water was washing across the heaving deck, threatening to sweep sailors off the deck.

Standing at the ship’s wheel was the Captain, Edmund Hawkin, trying desperately to control the Greenhawk as it pitched to and fro on the waves. Next to him was the Achaean Centurion Thantos Grenfell, trying not to show how cold he was in full, heavy armor in a storm like this.

“What’s wrong?” he shouted angrily “Can’t you steer your own ship?!”

“I’m trying,” Edmund snapped back “but the storm is too strong! If we don’t make land soon, we’ll all be taking a swim!”

Suddenly, one of the crewmembers hanging desperately onto the crow’s nest shouted “Land HO!”

The island was illuminated by a fork of lightning which streaked across the sky; Zeus appeared to be almost as angry as Poseidon that night.

“Come on!” the Captain shouted as he spun the wheel “That Island’s our only hope to survive this storm!”

As the ship made his way there, an enormous wave came crashing down towards it. The Captain and the Centurion barely had enough time to shout “BRACE YOURSELVES!” in unison before the ship was smacked.

Achaean Player Intro:

Emblem_crown.png

You are an Imperial Legionnaire.

You wake up surrounded by driftwood and drowned soldiers. Weapons and armor are scattered across the beach, all of which you don’t recognize as your own. It’s a foggy dawn, and you’re surprised to be alive.

As you stagger to your feet, you hear shouting, and turn to see your commanding officer, Thantos Grenfell, striding along the beach, his dented helmet under one arm, and a angry glare in his eye.

“Wake up Maggots!” he barked “You’re not on shore leave yet! If any of you plebeians are still alive, form up and move out! We need to scavenge what’s left from the wreck and prepare for an extended stay on this place!”

As you gape at him, he stares at you and yells “What are you waiting for? MOVE OUT!”

---

Crew Member Player Intro:

Green-Hawk-Funding-Logo.png

You are a member of the crew of the Greenhawk.

You wake up surrounded by broken crates, barrels, and other ruined and destroyed stores from the ship. Various parts of the ship are scattered across the beach, in addition to your drowned comrades. It’s a foggy dawn, and you’re surprised to be alive.

As you get to your feet, you hear shouting, and turn to see the Captain, Edmund Hawkin, making his way towards you. He looks rumpled, and you guess that he’d rather be sleeping than stagger around the beach looking for survivors.

“Hey,” he says, staring at you like he doesn’t recognize you “Thantos is organizing the others. It looks like we’re going to be staying here for a while.”

As he moves off, he calls back to you as you stare at him “Come on! We’ve got no time to lose. Who knows what’s on this gods-forsaken island?”

---

Slave Player Intro:

614OeLeEsQL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

You are a slave or criminal serving on the Greenhawk as an oar-slave.

You wake up, and turn over to see that you are still chained to the person who sat next to you on the ship. It doesn’t look like they made it out; it’s fortunate, as their dead body helped you to float to shore. As you start away in revulsion, you see that there are more bodies scattered across the shore.

As you struggle to rise, you feel something strike you hard in the face. As you hit the ground, you feel something like a foot press into your back. Through the haze of sand in your eyes, you look up and see the hulking form of an oily man known simply as Brute. He is – was – the Slave Master on board the Greenhawk, and, unfortunately, he spells the end of your short breath of freedom.

“Wot’s th’ matter, slave?” he grins at you through a mouth full of broken teeth “you fink that you could git away? Fat chance!”

He releases you only to crack his whip above your head and shout “Geddup, maggit! We’re ‘ere on shore leave, an’ you need to make yer master’s a spankin’ new ‘ome!”

As you stagger to your feet, you arch your back in pain as he strikes you hard as he guffaws “Waddya waitin’ fer? GIT MOVIN’!”

---

Welcome to Stranded. This RP follows the struggles of a shipwrecked crew attempting to make their way off of an uncharted island, and centers around what strange things lurk at the heart of this mysterious place.

You can participate as either an Imperial Soldier, a member of the ship’s crew, or one of the Galley Slaves. I would prefer if you signed up as one of these three groups instead of some other type of character, though I probably could work in passengers of one kind or another on the ship.

Character Creation Criteria:

The main goal of this Campaign is to have a Human centered group who are citizens or aligned with the Achaean Empire in some way. Arguments can be made for members of other fractions being on the ship as passengers, but I would prefer to have more of the set three classes.

If you need help on creating characters, check out the articles in the Character Creation board, in addition to the article on the Achaean Empire which should help you in creating Imperial Military characters. After creating your character, please link it into the topic when responding to this post.

I will accept mage or Demon-kin characters, but I will not have any Werewolves or Vampires. Both would be extremely hard to pull off in this campaign, though Magi and Demon-kin would be easier to have in this, though I would prefer to have a cast of regular humans, but it’s up to you guys I guess.

Please remember: if you plan on joining, please try to stay active. I will most likely kill off your character if you go inactive for too long or leave, especially in this setting.  :P

Posting Schedule:

This is more about my posting schedule than yours. If you talk to my NPC characters, I will write short posts to respond to them. Major DM posts will be posted on the weekend (most likely on Sunday), or whenever I think that they’re necessary.

---

Player Roster:

Imperial Soldiers:

Thantos Grenfell: Imperial Centurion (NPC)

Agnus the Butcher

Sextus Valentinus

Gavia Saunio

Greenhawk Crew Members:

Edmund Hawkin: Captain (NPC)

Quint Delreghin

Slaves:

Brute: Slaver-Master (NPC)

Jon: Galley Slave (NPC)

Nigel: Galley Slave (NPC)

Silmiri

Captivus Vir

Other:

N/A

#2 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:05 AM

I'm definitely up for this, although I'll need to come up with a character.  How soon are you going to want to get this running?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#3 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

I'm definitely up for this, although I'll need to come up with a character.  How soon are you going to want to get this running?

As soon as I get enough people to sign up. :P

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that duos are allowed in this, as long as you interact with other people and not your own characters.

#4 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

Hey, uh, question: what Legion was sent on this expedition? Figured I should make my character compatible with other Errant things, so I think mentioning their legion would help that, a little. XP

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

Right now I'm planning at least a slave, possibly both a slave and a legionary... Still coming up with ideas. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:05 AM

Hey, uh, question: what Legion was sent on this expedition? Figured I should make my character compatible with other Errant things, so I think mentioning their legion would help that, a little. XP

You know, this is the one thing Wolfy didn't ask me when I ran this campaign idea past her. :P

They're from Fort Acorn, so they'd be from the IV Canis legion.

Right now I'm planning at least a slave, possibly both a slave and a legionary... Still coming up with ideas. :P

Interesting! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

#7 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Creating two characters now, what is the starting inventory for a slave?

#8 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

I'd like to use Agnus and Silmiri once they've been approved.

#9 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

You know, this is the one thing Wolfy didn't ask me when I ran this campaign idea past her. :P

They're from Fort Acorn, so they'd be from the IV Canis legion.

I was going to mention that, but it slipped my mind... guess I'll just elaborate here instead.

It can't be the Canis legion, because they're stationed in Fort Acorn. A legion doesn't split up, unless maybe they're off-duty or something. The soldiers in this group could be skirmishers of some kind, but they wouldn't be proper legionaries from one of the numbered legions, or we would have an entire legion here (5,000 men, with 1 centurion per 100).

Still working on my characters. Gonna try to get something up tonight, if I can, and approve Sephsekla's, too.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#10 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

I'd like to use Agnus and Silmiri once they've been approved.

Alright, once Wolfy gives them the green light I'll add them to the roster.

It can't be the Canis legion, because they're stationed in Fort Acorn. A legion doesn't split up, unless maybe they're off-duty or something. The soldiers in this group could be skirmishers of some kind, but they wouldn't be proper legionaries from one of the numbered legions, or we would have an entire legion here (5,000 men, with 1 centurion per 100).

Alright. 

#11 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

I'm going to be using Captivus Vir and Sextus Valentinus. I'm almost done with the latter; I'll finish him today.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#12 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

There, just added the four current sign-ups to the roster.

#13 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Soooo she's still waiting for approval, but I plan to play as Gavia Saunio for this.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#14 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

Went ahead and approved her now. Sorry about the delay.

I also edited Val's appearance and bio into his character sheet.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#15 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:24 PM

Soooo she's still waiting for approval, but I plan to play as Gavia Saunio for this.

This should be fun.

#16 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:03 AM

There, just added her.

Hopefully, we'll have some people sign up as crew members now. :P

#17 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:14 AM

Hopefully, we'll have some people sign up as crew members now. :P

I don't mind creating a third character if you don't think that's overkill.

#18 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

I don't mind creating a third character if you don't think that's overkill.

That's fine (everyone can have a trio if they wish), but I'd prefer to wait to see if we can get Sareth or anyone else interested in this.

Anyways, I'm thinking about starting this up on Saturday or Sunday at the very latest.

#19 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

If you're starting soon, do you want me to create a crew character?

#20 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

If you're starting soon, do you want me to create a crew character?

That's okay, just get it ready soon.

I should post the topic sometime this afternoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users