NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Jagged Edge Free-Roam OOC

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Jagged Edge Free-Roam Poll

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What kind of creature(s) would you like to encounter?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Any particular Chaos races, or no preference?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Where would you like to explore, generally speaking?

Do you actually enjoy combat? Be honest. I prefer non-combat encounters, but I want to know who wants to have a fair amount of combat ones, too.

Any preference in NPC companions?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, I imagine she unsummoned it. That doesn't mean she can't summon it again... discreetly... :ninja: :P

I actually left that open as an escape possibility, but I admit I totally just realized that I neglected to mention Maugrimm, who also would've just been killed and eaten. So, uh, he will magically come bounding out of the mountains to happily reunite with Agethar once everyone is free, like the dogs in Homeward Bound, or something. Sorry about that. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#22 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, I imagine she unsummoned it. That doesn't mean she can't summon it again... discreetly... :ninja: :P

I assume she'd still have to get out of the void iron in order to do that? Or does void iron not affect that kind of magic? 

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#23 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

That... is actually a very good question. Void iron does block spiritual magic, but does it block a familiar's anchor? Hmm.

I'm going to go with "no," at least in this situation, so that you have something to do, if nothing else. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#24 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:16 PM

Just a few questions.

1: Alden is in the cage with the rest of the Humans, and not with Hallvard, right? It was a bit confusing in the post.
2: Can he change out of his disguise? And what abilities would he have?

Aside from that, I'm excited to get this going.

21.jpg

#25 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

1: Alden is in the cage with the rest of the Humans, and not with Hallvard, right? It was a bit confusing in the post.
2: Can he change out of his disguise? And what abilities would he have?

1. Yes, he's in the cage with the humans. Thought I clarified that; sorry. Might've only done that in my outline and forgot to put it in the final post.

2. Demon-kin can change into, and out of, their human disguise at will. It's not painful at all, either. Maintaining the human disguise takes a small, but constant, amount of concentration.

As a demon-kin, you have innate demonic magic; for more info on their powers in general (including their human form), see this little section on the wiki. If you haven't already, of course. :P You also have some abilities based on the fact that you're a demon of Vengeance, such as a curse you can put on individuals to lower their defenses (i.e. dice rolls) against you for a time, as you enact your vengeance upon them.

Your demonic magic can vary; your most powerful magic would simply be soul related, as most black magic is: harming another's soul and weakening them, drawing another's life force into your own body, and minor necromancy spells.

Using any of your demonic abilities, however, draws you closer to your demonic corruption and increases your urges, as this magic is evil in nature. As for your true form, it is as most demonkin of Vengeance are: pale skin; bright, frost blue eyes; and black feathered wings.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#26 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

I actually left that open as an escape possibility, but I admit I totally just realized that I neglected to mention Maugrimm, who also would've just been killed and eaten. So, uh, he will magically come bounding out of the mountains to happily reunite with Agethar once everyone is free, like the dogs in Homeward Bound, or something. Sorry about that. :P

Don't worry, I will forgive you for now, as I was prepared for this situation.

That... is actually a very good question. Void iron does block spiritual magic, but does it block a familiar's anchor? Hmm.

I'm going to go with "no," at least in this situation, so that you have something to do, if nothing else. :P

So, does that go for Bale, or can he telekineticaly do stuff?

#27 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

Telekinesis is just arcane magic, so yes, that's definitely blocked.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#28 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

Telekinesis is just arcane magic, so yes, that's definitely blocked.

Alright.

Also, I just posted. I assumed that everybody, not just the mages, were restrained (and that Agethar could break free of such restraints), and that Guldarnok is infamous enough to be the subject of rumors.

Correct me if I'm wrong on either account.

#29 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:00 PM

Not everyone is restrained (just the mages); otherwise it's all fine. ;)

Everyone is in cages, so that's restraint enough for the normal folk. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#30 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hmm... I just realized something, Wolfy: Where the heck is Nefer's horse? (Maybe he's hanging out in the woods with Maugrim having fun and whimsical adventures? *crosses fingers*  :D  )

Realistically, though, if you want horsie to be dead, I can't exactly argue with you. That might be one bit of convenient providence too far.  :P

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#31 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

gallery_3_16_368148.gif

crap I thought someone mentioned a horse

B-BUT-- BUT I LOVE HORSIES...

I dunno, I'll give it some thought. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#32 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

DM post coming as soon as I find the time to write it.

Please hold off on any presumptive actions until I have replied again. Thanks.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#33 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

Okay, I went and edited my post.

Hopefully the more possible of my presumptive actions will actually happen. :P

#34 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

Might want to edit again, Dalton.

Not everyone is restrained (just the mages)

Everyone is in cages, so that's restraint enough for the normal folk. :P

I guess Agether can just ask if Alden needs help?

Edited by GhostlyCheese, 24 January 2017 - 07:29 PM.

21.jpg

#35 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Okay I'll go and edit again. :P

#36 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

original.gif
(Gif courtesy of Wolfy)

Dalton, you may wanna have Agethar calm his veritable tits over breaking people out of their shackles so easily. Those are void-iron. They won't just bend like tin foil. This is gonna be a tough strength test requiring a roll, even for a ridiculously strong character. Like, go and grab a piece of re-bar and try to bend that... now imagine it being in a circle around somebody else's wrist, where you don't have the advantage of grip or leverage... Many people, not just you, often seem to think that slipping out of manacles or breaking restraints is easy, but if they weren't effective, there would be no point in using them. Being bound by shackles and chains is serious business, and even the hugest of beastfolk can be restrained by ordinary iron forged thick enough. Even roughly hammered void iron is gonna be stronger than that.

If I might make a suggestion, perhaps he should try using his head before his muscles. Venators are resourceful folks, and I'm sure Agethar knows at least a little about how manacles work based on past experience using them on beastfolk and other monsters when they need to be subdued. Perhaps he could try picking the lock, or looking for a weakness to exploit, like a weak hinge that could have the pin removed with a stick or something. 

Just outright bending the metal might sound awesome, but it's far from realistic, and just doesn't make for as dramatic and tense of a story, and I know you're way creative enough to come up with something more original. ;)

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#37 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,432 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:37 AM

You beat me to the punch, Ambad!  Well, at least Dalton can't say I'm the only one who chastises him for mistakes now, lol.

I was going to say you took the words right out of my mouth, but let's be honest, I probably would have been more along the lines of:

Spoiler

In other news, look who's back!  Errant's favorite Venator, Night Hunter edition!  Now with the exclusive Percula Saffron companion!  XD  Glad to see we're not done RPing with the longest-serving and rightfully popular NPC yet.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#38 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:40 AM

Well, there's a reason I didn't post the gif myself... but Ambad is gonna Ambad. If he isn't bad, he isn't Ambad. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#39 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

You beat me to the punch, Ambad!  Well, at least Dalton can't say I'm the only one who chastises him for mistakes now, lol.

You're still the one who does it the most frequently, lol.

Anyways, I'm gonna post now.

#40 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

DM post coming tonight, if I can swing it. If not, expect one sometime this weekend.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users