NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Jagged Edge Free-Roam OOC

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Jagged Edge Free-Roam Poll

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What kind of creature(s) would you like to encounter?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Any particular Chaos races, or no preference?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Where would you like to explore, generally speaking?

Do you actually enjoy combat? Be honest. I prefer non-combat encounters, but I want to know who wants to have a fair amount of combat ones, too.

Any preference in NPC companions?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

This is the OOC topic for the Jagged Edge Free-Roam group. This thread contains the rules of the free-roam, a quick reference sheet for all the characters (including each character's current status), and conversations about what's going on. Keep an eye on the OP, since I'll be updating it as the RP progresses.

RULES

This free-roam will run on the usual Errant rules, but here are a few refreshers, and a few specifics about this being a free-roam as opposed to a campaign.

Please note that you do not have an abilities list, but that doesn't mean there are no rules about what you can and cannot do...

I've tried to leave things more open, but when it comes to combat, general Errant rules apply. In combat, take only one action at a time. Always assume an enemy (or enemies) aren't cannon fodder unless I state otherwise. If you're allowed to instantly kill something in your post, I'll say so in the DM post.

This RP may have boss fights that can be encountered out in the world. It's up to you whether or not to judge if you can even defeat these bosses, or whether or not you even want to try fighting them at all. No boss fights are required to continue the free-roam, since you can go anywhere you want. Be warned some bosses may be undefeatable, in which case you should run, unless you want to die. This is the Jagged Edge, and it isn't forgiving.

These boss fights have the same rules as any other fight, but your chances of being killed or critically injured are much higher, so be sure to think about your actions wisely.

That said, please always do something in your posts - even if you are just technically chickening out IC or something. This is meant to be a character-driven experience, so I encourage you to interact with other players and also with NPCs (especially NPC companions, which are basically my player characters and now I participate in the free-roam, myself). I'm going to be trying to give everyone time to interact with each other, since interacting with other characters is - in my opinion - the most fun part of a RP.

Your posts should always have at least one action or some dialogue so that you're doing something instead of just standing around thinking to yourself. No one can react to that, so it's really very pointless for a RP. I'm also not taking eating, drinking, and sleeping into careful account, here, so don't focus too much on trying to end your posts doing something like that. If you sleep when everyone else is interacting, you aren't giving yourself a rested bonus, you're just missing out on the fun.  :P

If you have some form of magic or you are a unique race with special abilities, please consult me if you're confused as to what you can and cannot do. It's always better to ask than to assume and just make a post if it's something crazy. But hey - if you have magic, you probably can do something crazy! So just ask. :P Otherwise, use the wiki as needed to help.

If you receive a PM about the free-roam, chances are it'll be in-character (I'll state otherwise if it isn't). I'll be PMing people information that only they are privy to, and it's their choice whether or not to share it with their fellow players. I may also have some interactions via PMs, so that players are not privy to those private interactions, either (if this happens, I'll specify this too, and if the conversation gets interrupted in-game the PM chain gets interrupted, too). These won't always happen via PMs, if I don't think it's important enough. If you want to keep something in-character secretive and drag one of my NPCs off to some private place, feel free to do so and then you can begin the PM chain. However, in-character PMing between players isn't permitted unless I'm also in the PM conversation (as DM, I have to know everything to give everyone the best experience :P ).

Again, this shouldn't be used often, as all players should be included when at all possible. This is also kind of an experiment continued from Chasing Shadows, so feel free to discuss it in the OOC topic if you have some comments/suggestions about it.

There will be no group penalties for people not posting, but your individual character may be punished if you suddenly stop posting without warning. If you get behind and want to catch up, just PM me and I can get you up to speed so you can get back in the game.

IMPORTANT:

SINCE THIS IS A FREE-ROAM RATHER THAN A CAMPAIGN, it'll work very different in one big way: where you go and what you do is up to you. Don't take a back-seat in this RP. You're the leader, each of you. You go where you want and do what you want. Don't assume every situation is what it seems - do you think you have to enter into combat? Have you tried talking to them/him/her/it instead? Have you run into an extremely terrifying boss? Are you sure you even have to fight it? Can you talk to it? Can you avoid it? Is it really worth your life? Is that person you're talking to just a random NPC, or are they potentially a companion? Why don't you ask them what they're doing and where they want to go, and if they want to accompany you? Maybe help you on some personal journey, or just go for safety in numbers? Where do you want to go? Any particular location on the map, or are you just wandering and looking for secrets and new locations? You never know what might be out there.

Be sure to think outside the box. There's no outline here or overarching story, just a fun, completely free romp. If anyone has any questions about any of this, feel free to ask here in the thread.

Bear in mind, however, that this is The Jagged Edge. The Jagged Edge is arguably the single most dangerous place in all of Midgard. It can be very unforgiving. Just because you've found a dragon doesn't mean, by any means, that you can kill it. Be daring, but still stay smart - this is a place for heroes, or perhaps for villains, but not for the cowardly or indecisive. Those who travel the Edge find that it can kill them quickly, kill them slowly, or become the place where they carve their legend.

QUICK REFERENCE CHARACTER SHEETS

Color guide:

If the player and character name is hyperlinked to their sign-up, that means the character is alive and actively participating.

If the player and character name is bold and in orange with a slash, the characters are presumed dead due to inactivity.

If the player and character name is bold and in red with a slash, the characters are dead.

Note that, if you're a race such as a giant, your stats may not entirely reflect your abilities in-game, but they're still relative.

Katja Skovgaard (Burger Warrior) - Female Hill Jotunn - Magma, Surt(?) - Independent - Martial Combat, Survival, Intimidation

STR 9, AGI 4, CON 8, PER 5, INT 5, SPR 8, LCK 3
HEALTH: 40/40
SANITY: 40/40
INV:

Spoiler

Hallvard Skardisson (Burger Warrior) - Male Hill Jotunn - Clay, Baldr - Independent - Herbalism, Diplomacy, Marksmanship, Education (Northrim)

STR 4, AGI 6, CON 4, PER 9, INT 8, SPR 3, LCK 8
HEALTH: 20/20
SANITY: 15/15
INV:

Spoiler

Percula Saffron (Burger Warrior) - Female Pixie - Frost, Nature Spirits - Independent - Arcane Gift, Acrobatics, Herbalism, Charisma

STR 1, AGI 16, CON 1, PER 4, INT 8, SPR 14, LCK 5
HEALTH: 5/5
SANITY: 70/70
INV:

Spoiler

Sigmar Oathbreaker (Lord_Capulet) - Male Mountain Dwarf - Frost, Forseti (Justice) - Independent - Intimidation, Divine Devotion, Martial Combat, Education (Angelic)

STR 8, AGI 3, CON 7, PER 3, INT 8, SPR 7, LCK 7
HEALTH: 35/35
SANITY: 35/35
INV:

Spoiler

Alden Koddak (GhostlyCheese) - Male Demon-kin (Vengeance) - Frost, Nemesis - Independent - Education (Jotnar/Chaos), Acrobatics, Martial Combat

STR 6, AGI 6, CON 5, PER 7, INT 5, SPR 6, LCK 5
HEALTH: 25/25
SANITY: 30/30
INV:

Spoiler

Agethar Twin-Axe (Dalton Westmoore) - Male Nordling - Frost, Odin - Venatori - Martial Combat, Marksmanship, Survival

STR 8, AGI 8, CON 6, PER 4, INT 6, SPR 5, LCK 5
HEALTH: 30/30
SANITY: 25/25
INV:

Spoiler

Maugrimm (Dalton Westmoore) - Male Bloodhound (Agethar's companion)

Bale Spellwinde (Dalton Westmoore) - Male Achaean - Air, Aeolus - Independent - Arcane Gift, Arcane Lore, Martial Combat, Survival

STR 8, AGI 6, CON 3, PER 5, INT 8, SPR 10, LCK 2
HEALTH: 15/15
SANITY: 50/50
INV:

Spoiler

Nefer Ardet (Sareth) - Female Kemhetian - Magma, Isis - Independent - Arcane Gift, Marksmanship, Education (Dwarven), Diplomacy

STR 4, AGI 6, CON 4, PER 8, INT 8, SPR 10, LCK 2
HEALTH: 20/20
SANITY: 50/50
INV:

Spoiler

D'naaku (Ambad) - Male Avian (Vulture) - Air, Nekhbet - Independent - Charisma, Acrobatics, Spiritual Connection

STR 6, AGI 10, CON 7, PER 8, INT 5, SPR 8, LCK 6
HEALTH: 35/35
SANITY: 40/40
INV:

Spoiler

NPC COMPANIONS

Reference sheets for the NPC companions are hidden to provide less specificity about certain aspects (namely exactly where their HP and Sanity levels stand) - if I change my mind about that later, I may add them here for public viewing. Otherwise, all NPC companions for this group can be found in this topic. This includes physical descriptions (and images, if available). These have been updated to reflect the events of Chasing Shadows.

Note that, since this is a freeroam, some of the NPCs you meet may actually be potential companions, depending on what happens and how you treat them.

Current NPC Companions:

Caiden "Caid" Voros

I haven't started this RP yet, and sign-ups are always open! I'm hoping to get the start of the free-roam up sometime soon, but I'm not sure when, so stay tuned. Feel free to use this thread to discuss things (monsters, cultures, NPCs, locations, what have you) you'd like to see/find/interact with during the free-roam. I might add a poll to the thread later to help figure out what kind of encounters people would like to see and areas you'd like to go to - or if you guys just want to pick a direction and start exploring.

The starting post, obviously, will be all these characters happening to be in the same vicinity and meeting up. :P

P.S.: Ghostly, I'll edit in any changes you make to your sign-up when you've done them, since right now you're missing a talent. Just let me know.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,432 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:16 PM

Since we're moving the conversation out of the signup thread into here, allow me to quote myself for your convenience:

Out of sheer curiosity: why did you pick Education (Dwarven) for one of Nefer's traits, as opposed to Southron?  I couldn't find a reason in her backstory, unless her house trades with the desert dwarves a lot.

Maverick just reminded me that characters with the Education trait can automatically read the language of their own culture, so that answers part of my last question, and also gives me another option to choose for my own signup.  Whoops!  See, this is what happens when you don't make a new signup in years, you get out of practice and forget how the process actually works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am, of course, still curious as to Sareth's choice of Dwarven Education.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#3 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

I am, of course, still curious as to Sareth's choice of Dwarven Education.

Because Sareth's characters can only romance yours, I suppose. ;)

#4 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

Well, I mean, there isn't a ton of choice, exactly :P

But hey if you're asking for love interest Agethar can try his luck with Katja :V

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:07 PM

I added a poll to the thread, y'all. I'm interested to see your responses to help me shape some of the things that we might encounter in the free-roam.

Also be sure to reply and talk about why you picked what you did, hopefully. :P

I also edited people's sign-ups to reflect recent changes.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to ask if people would like to explore in more a northern, southern, western, or eastern direction, but now I'm afraid if I try to edit the poll, it'll destroy the whole thing. That happens sometimes. So you'll just have to tell me. :lol:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,432 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

That's a rather large jump of logic there, Dalton.  And given the implications I've made of Sigmar's personality, I doubt anyone will earnestly feel warm and fuzzy toward him any time soon, or that he would reciprocate if anyone was actually that crazy/desperate.  Not to discourage anyone from trying, of course, but come now, Sareth is much more imaginative than just looking to my characters for romance.  Give the guy some credit.

But hey if you're asking for love interest Agethar can try his luck with Katja :V

*guffaws in Dwarvish*  Fair point.

Hah!  I'd enjoy watching him try!  (unless he gets squished like a bug for his efforts, in which case, ew, no thanks)

I added a poll to the thread, y'all. I'm interested to see your responses to help me shape some of the things that we might encounter in the free-roam.

Also be sure to reply and talk about why you picked what you did, hopefully. :P

I also edited people's sign-ups to reflect recent changes.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to ask if people would like to explore in more a northern, southern, western, or eastern direction, but now I'm afraid if I try to edit the poll, it'll destroy the whole thing. That happens sometimes. So you'll just have to tell me. :lol:

Excellent!  I picked big and bad things that my character would want to fight, naturally, along with Beastfolk and Chimerans, out of my own personal desire to learn more about them.  Didn't have any specific preference for the Chaos races, as long as Dwarven steel can cut or crush them, I'm not picky.

Interacting with other civilizations sounds particularly fun to me, especially since my human main has kept pretty much exclusively to human territory.  Dwarves, naturally, are my preference, but I'll take anything I can get.  The Eastern civilizations also intrigue me, so any journeys in that direction will be well-received on my end.

When it comes to combat, I do like a good adrenaline rush and action-packed writing prompt now and then.  It can get difficult if it comes up too often, especially in a written form as opposed to a visual medium like a video game, but I'm glad that hasn't yet been the case.

Last but not least, on the subject of NPCs, I of course had to cast a vote for the top 3 canon characters, especially since I'll be viewing them through fresh eyes, so to speak.  I'll go ahead and reveal that Sigmar actually knows Marcus, but won't say exactly how until the freeroam starts in earnest.  Building off the dynamics I've already built with the three of them while also getting fresh perspective sounds like a lot of fun.  I also voted for a berserker and someone/thing from a culture we don't know about yet, also out of curiosity.  There are just so many openings to take in this story, and I'm looking forward to seeing which ones we get to try!

Oh, and regarding direction, North and East sound pretty good to me.  I know I've been mostly South and West since Marcus first followed Caiden out of the Jagged Edge, so it'll be a nice change of both pace and scenery.  

#7 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

As for you, Sareth, may I just say that I really felt for Nefer, and greatly enjoyed reading your signup? I like her almost as much as I've grown to like Neitha (which is still a lot, just to clarify).

Hmm... close save there, Cappy.  <_<

But I'd advise you be careful how you let your affections wander. Neitha isn't normally a jealous girl (not usually having anything of her own to be jealous over) but I guarantee she'd be a quick study. And, you know what they say about scorned women with lots of very sharp edged weapons...  :P

If you did end up leading a campaign based around resolving the story of these two wayward cousins, I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

Well, that's certainly reassuring to know.  :D

Out of sheer curiosity: why did you pick Education (Dwarven) for one of Nefer's traits, as opposed to Southron?  I couldn't find a reason in her backstory, unless her house trades with the desert dwarves a lot.

Well, as you realized above, she gets southron for free.

I'd been having difficulty picking another language for her, and then I was reading some stuff on the wiki again, and saw that there's a lot of desert dwarves in Kemhet, and I figured that there was thus a reasonable chance that a noble there might have to deal with dwarves from time to time, so, bam: dwarven.

... Not much of a story, really.  :D

That's a rather large jump of logic there, Dalton.  And given the implications I've made of Sigmar's personality, I doubt anyone will earnestly feel warm and fuzzy toward him any time soon, or that he would reciprocate if anyone was actually that crazy/desperate.  Not to discourage anyone from trying, of course, but come now, Sareth is much more imaginative than just looking to my characters for romance.  Give the guy some credit.

Pfft. Please. 

Nefer's about as aloof, independent, and icy as they come —she ain't looking for love. And, even if a prospective suitor managed to get past her utterly cold —and, frankly, blunt as a sledgehammer to the face— personality (admittedly, people have done more for a good looking woman: see The Trojan War  :P ) they'd have to smash down her emotional barrier: which is so large and solid as to make the Great wall of China look like a kindergartener's popsicle-stick model, and might possibly be made out of some magical alloy of admantium and mithril.  :lol:

God(s) help you. (Also, if anyone tries and fails —or, somehow, succeeds and then breaks her heart— they will most likely be incinerated. On principal.)  :P

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#8 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:39 PM

Nefer's about as aloof, independent, and icy as they come —she ain't looking for love. And, even if a prospective suitor managed to get past her utterly cold —and, frankly, blunt as a sledgehammer to the face— personality (admittedly, people have done more for a good looking woman: see The Trojan War  :P ) they'd have to smash down her emotional barrier: which is so large and solid as to make the Great wall of China look like a kindergartener's popsicle-stick model, and might possibly be made out of some magical alloy of admantium and mithril.  :lol:

God(s) help you. (Also, if anyone tries and fails —or, somehow, succeeds and then breaks her heart— they will most likely be incinerated. On principal.)  :P

Congrats, you just described Caiden... before he met Percula.

I honestly had no idea that would happen and I'm still not entirely sure how it did. :lol:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#9 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

Well I think it started with Tom trying to give Percula a kiss of life and it failed really badly (or really well, whichever way you choose to look at it :P )

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#10 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,432 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

Hmm... close save there, Cappy.  <_<

But I'd advise you be careful how you let your affections wander. Neitha isn't normally a jealous girl (not usually having anything of her own to be jealous over) but I guarantee she'd be a quick study. And, you know what they say about scorned women with lots of very sharp edged weapons...  :P

Thanks!

Don't worry, I can keep my own emotions separate from my characters.  Usually.  >.>   <.<

Plus, Marcus isn't a multiple-woman kind of guy, and unless he meets Nefer and she lies about her last name, he'll immediately think "Relative of Neitha's, clear boundaries, off-limits."  Family is important to him, as you know, and he also knows not to start awkwardness in others' families.  Still, I appreciate the warning.   :P

Well, as you realized above, she gets southron for free.

I'd been having difficulty picking another language for her, and then I was reading some stuff on the wiki again, and saw that there's a lot of desert dwarves in Kemhet, and I figured that there was thus a reasonable chance that a noble there might have to deal with dwarves from time to time, so, bam: dwarven.

... Not much of a story, really.   :D

Ah, I see.  Well, thanks for answering my question anyway.

Pfft. Please. 

Nefer's about as aloof, independent, and icy as they come —she ain't looking for love. And, even if a prospective suitor managed to get past her utterly cold —and, frankly, blunt as a sledgehammer to the face— personality (admittedly, people have done more for a good looking woman: see The Trojan War   :P ) they'd have to smash down her emotional barrier: which is so large and solid as to make the Great wall of China look like a kindergartener's popsicle-stick model, and might possibly be made out of some magical alloy of admantium and mithril.   :lol:

God(s) help you. (Also, if anyone tries and fails —or, somehow, succeeds and then breaks her heart— they will most likely be incinerated. On principal.)   :P

Your analogies are as subtle and efficient as a spike-covered bullet train.   :P  RPing with her is going to be fun!  But yeah, wasn't planning any romance here on Sigmar's end, even before the numerous caveats.  He's here to fight and die against something suitably epic, that's all.

Oh, and in other news, Sareth, I'll be PMing you some stuff about wrapping up Chasing Shadows, particularly Marcus and Neitha's interactions there and during this freeroam interim. 

#11 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

I'm seriously considering this, as it may be the only thing that would keep him alive in this campaign. :D

Pfft. Please. 

38815537.jpg

Speaking of thoughts, is Ambad going to be in this? He has a character in the other topic, and I don't want to have to add him into the group picture (which will be coming this week) at the last second like how I've done with other characters in the past.

#12 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Yes, Ambad's character will be in the group. So will Caid and Percula, in all likelihood, so you may as well put them in there, too. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#13 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

Yes, Ambad's character will be in the group. So will Caid and Percula, in all likelihood, so you may as well put them in there, too. :P

Alright. 

I'll be waiting until Thursday to start working on it, in case you post NPC Sign-up sheets before then.

#14 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

Not all of the NPCs who may join the group will be revealed until you actually meet them in-game (and even then I don't plan to explicitly declare which NPCs are and are not companions), but it's fine if they aren't in the group pic, since they won't be joining very early in, anyway.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#15 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, I'm totally getting in on this. Been a spell since I've participated around these forums, and I figure it's time to get my roleplaying feet wet in the world of Wulfgard, again.

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#16 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

Just a quick heads-up regarding the status of the free-roam so far: I'm currently completely swamped with work and trying to find any kind of schedule in the madness of my semester. I don't know how much time I'll have this weekend, either, at this point, but I'm hoping to get something up by next week at the latest. I'll admit it probably won't be the fanciest writing or the longest posts, but I guess that'll make it more of the authentic tabletop DM experience and less of the overly elaborate forum RP one. :P

Right now, I still haven't had time to get a starting post going, and I'm also planning to - possibly - post at least a brief epilogue for my characters in the end of Chasing Shadows, as well. I'm going to try to find time to do all of that soon, but right now I'm so swamped I haven't even been able to update my personal site this week (I'll get one of those posted as soon as I can, too, though, for those who care).

I do have an outline, though, so the act of writing the starting post, itself, hopefully won't take too long when I find the time and place to do it. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#17 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:00 PM

POPULAR

While we wait for Wolfy to find the time to start the RP, bask in the shameless plug of my art!:

wulfgard__errant__the_jagged_edge_free_r

#18 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

Love it, Dalton! :D (as I mentioned already in your art thread :P)

I'm hoping to get this going either tonight (that might be pushing it, though) or sometime tomorrow, or early next week, at the latest. My schedule might undergo a complete catastrophe soon, so everyone cross your fingers and hope that doesn't happen, because I thought I'd finally made peace with it. <_<

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#19 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

The RP has begun!

In case anyone is confused about where everyone is/what's going on, here's a little clarification...

First of all, only Hallvard and Alden understood any of the exchanges in the beginning of the post, since they're the only ones who understand that language. Katja was not around at the time to hear any of it, or she would've understood it, too.

I'm going back to classics here (remember how Errant first started? :P ), in that everyone (except Katja) is a prisoner in an orcish war camp. There are tons of orcs and goblins everywhere, eating meat, pouring blood into breeding pits, and forging armor. There are two enemy giants in the camp, one of which is Vragi; they are both hill giants. Gûldarnok, the orc commander, has now left.

The other enemy giant is now approaching Katja, who is not a prisoner. She is in the mountains very near the encampment. She is currently closed in, in that an enemy giant is approaching from one side (the direction of the camp) and an army of orcs is approaching from the path behind her. You've got a few options here, Burgs; it's up to you.

Everyone else is a prisoner in the camp, as specified. There are various ways to escape, but there's also plenty of time to just interact, especially with the occupants of the camp currently distracted with something else. Note that you aren't alone in your cages.

None of you have your gear, except for the clothing on your backs. All of your weapons and other equipment have been stripped from you and are laying in an unsightly pile near the cages, but well out of your reach. The mage characters are bound in void iron well enough to hold you, but they're not the most well-made shackles in the world.

Also: it's night, but the camp is lit by torches and the moon is bright, so no one should have too much trouble seeing.

If anyone has any questions or confusions, just post them here. ;)

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#20 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

I'm going back to classics here (remember how Errant first started? :P ), in that everyone (except Katja) is a prisoner in an orcish war camp.

IKR, I saw that zone title and I was like "Oh God, not again!"  :lol:

If anyone has any questions or confusions, just post them here.  ;)

Hmm... well, I do have one sorta-question: I assume that Nefer's familiar is MIA at the moment?

(Well, really what I assume is that the reaction of a bunch of orcs/goblins to a cobra would most likely  be to kill and/or eat it, in which case Nefer probably just unsummoned him to protect him. That sound about right?)

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users