NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Chasing Shadows OOC - Rules, Quick Reference, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#21 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

So, which two characters would you guys like to accompany the group for the rest of the campaign? The choices are: Tom, Kye, Stevan, Ben, and (possibly, though I'm considering leaving her out) Plexaura... and maybe even Jed and Forge, if anyone wants them.

Hmm...

I'd kinda like Tom and Kye, being that they're the most developed NPCs (even if only because they've had the most page-time) IMO. Although, if only one of them were to come, I'd vote for Kye. Even though, to be honest, the reverse probably makes more logical sense what with Tom being Caiden's friend, while Kye tried to kill him that one time (even if unwillingly)...  :P

As for the others: Ben's fine. Stevan's... eh —I don't know, he always struck me as the least interesting of the NPCs (but maybe that's just because none of my chars. ever really interacted with him). Plexaura... actually, I'd kinda vote for Plexaura; I don't know why, but I kinda liked her in her brief prior appearances.

The above was rather noncommittal, and possibly even confusing, so let me just enter a definitive vote for NOT Jed and Forge. :P  They're somewhat amusing in small doses, but I don't forsee them doing this RP any favors in a long-term capacity. 

... Actually, fine, here's a rough ranking in order of preference (top most, bottom least):

Tom & Kye

just Kye

just Tom

Ben/Plexaura

Stevan

| Jed and Forge (somewhere way down there :lol: )

|

v

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#22 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

Yeahhh... Jed and Forge were never actually intended to come along as NPC companions, anyway. I mostly just said that in here to troll people, since they are - themselves - trolls. :lol: The possible companions are the same ones I listed in the starting post for the campaign itself.

I can assure you, though, each one will have different effects on the campaign (and each pair could have different effects), and they all have their own stories. I've made plans for every possible pairing and each one individually; I've been planning this campaign for quite some time now. Some companions may work out far better than others to have around for this campaign, but I won't share any of those details. I just want to find out which two are the most popular among the players. :P 

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#23 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:03 PM

Hmm, I honestly really like all the characters and all the combos could be interesting. I love Kye and Tom together and their brotherly relationship and I'd hate to split them up. I don't honestly have any strong feelings about Ben or Stevan coming, although being an Inquisitor and Templar respectively they're both very logical choices for companions since we're going on an evil mage monster hunt. :P I think my top choice would actually have to be Plexura, since again having an Inquisitor is smart, plus this is a deeply personal mission for Caiden so I feel like she'd want to be there for her brother. 

Soo yeah, I think I'd vote Plex and Kye or Plex and Stevan, cause I really like Kye and I have some fun interactions I'd like to play out between DeWitt and him, and Stevan cause he's a holy tank. XD

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#24 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

Speaking of Kye:

Meanwhile, Sef spoke, and she was... blushing?  "I understand the drink can make... otherwise sensible folk do questionable things... But we have a duty here. Please refrain from... performing intimate acts in the open. There are, after all, private rooms available..."

Kye just listened blankly, until he finally caught on and went red, himself. Yeah, no way he'd been doing that.

"Everything Neitha said is true," Kye answered flatly, his voice much stronger than it had been for the past several hours. "But you want the rest? Fine. I'm Kye Vakurseth, the Prince of Pain, son of Akhoman the archdemon King of Agony, former Agent of his unholy army, former slave of the noble svartalfarien house of Ixafar, freed by my own wits and the help of the great dragon Flametongue."

He let that sink in before he continued, "But I'm not like them-- other demons. I don't play games and I don't make demands. I got here because I climbed out of the Underworld and out through Nidavellir - literally - to get away from them, and that alone took me probably several mortal lifetimes to accomplish and a lot of trouble to survive. But that's all I want: to be away from demons and dark elves and everything like them, so I can live in the mortal world. If you don't believe I did all those things just to get here, then look at my back."

Again he wavered for a moment, taking a deep, shaky breath... before he suddenly added defensively, almost in a snarl, "And Neitha's not my thrall and she's not stupid - she's my friend."

This pretty much confirms that Kye is the Fluttershy of the group.

I.e.: He's either a shy/cute guy who seems to bumble around a lot or is a hardened, confident demon assassin.

#25 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:20 AM

Pshaw, Kye was doing all that before Fluttershy was even a filly. :P

Planning an update very, very soon. Sorry for being so slow about it, though I would like to wait for this moment with Dewitt, Neitha, and Kye to finish up before I post anything more. This update will just advance us forward a little in the prologue and still allow for more interactions, but it'll only be a brief interim before I update to start Chapter 1 of the campaign.

I'm absolutely bushed from a... uh... different set of experiences yesterday, so I don't know if I'll get that post finished today, but I'll do it as soon as I can.

Any further discussion of which two companions you guys would like to see is, of course, welcome. As it stands right now, we're prooobably bringing Stevan and Kye, since they pulled ahead in the polls. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#26 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

Just made a post with some insight into the nature of Vampires drinking habits that may or may not be accurate with the blood sucking process of Vampires in Wulfgard. I checked the Wiki but there were no specific information on the subject, unsurprisingly since it is rather specific, so I made it up to the best of my ability. Just correct me Wolfy if got anything out of wack  ;)

Also, my vote is for Stevan and Kye too.

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#27 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

Doesn't really matter if it is or isn't - I'd hate to dictate monster specifics to anyone, regardless of whether they exist in my own head, since humans aren't supposed to fully understand how monsters work. :P

Going to post the update to move us to the second part of the prologue either Monday or Tuesday, depending on how and when certain conversations wrap up; I'm starting to inch things in that direction already. I don't want to too abruptly interrupt anything, since this is all quite fun, but I also don't want things to drag on for too long. The second part of the prologue will give people a chance to continue some interactions and such before we leave the manor and begin adventuring properly.

However, as a heads-up, I am going on vacation this Friday, if all goes well. I have tickets to see my future husband dreamboat personal idol on Broadway, so I'll be gone this weekend. I'll try to at least get us into the new zone before I leave, but not much might happen until I come back, since the vacation is going to be pretty dang whirlwind as it is.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#28 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:54 AM

Pshaw, Kye was doing all that before Fluttershy was even a filly. :P

I'm absolutely bushed from a... uh... different set of experiences yesterday, so I don't know if I'll get that post finished today, but I'll do it as soon as I can.

Will a drawing of Fluttershy dressed as Kye cheer you up?

I'm going to PM you about some RP related stuff, because it would contain many, many spoilers if I posted it here.

I am serious about that drawing, 

#29 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,444 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:39 PM

I'm also heavily in favor of Stevan coming along, both practically and as a Captain America  er...Templaria? fanboy.  

As for my other choice, I'm loathe to leave Kye or Tom behind because of how long our characters have been together.  That being said, either of them could be manipulated by the enemies we face, and Tom has been talking about getting us some safe distance since before the Veritshire campaign.

Plexaura seems like a logical choice, since her brother is involved and Redfield was her home, too, when Lysander came calling.  I'm sure she could add quite a bit of perspective, and I really like the dynamic she has with Caiden. 

In short, my favored choices for our NPCs are 1. Plexaura and Stevan   and 2.  Stevan and Kye.  Of course, I have no objections to the other companions, and have enjoyed reading our interactions with them so far.  Hopefully this helps narrow it down, and my most recent in-game post sufficiently reflects my preferences.  

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#30 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

I'm also heavily in favor of Stevan coming along, both practically and as a Captain America Templaria fanboy.  

tumblr_mc42de4nTa1r7ge2r.gif

#31 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,444 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

Dalton, please.

:P

#32 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

landscape-1453994837-movies-star-wars-da

#33 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

I will probably´not be able to post much, if at all, the next three days as I'll be busy being a functionary at a local convention. I'll try getting a post up soon and I'll be able to start posting regularly again on Monday   :)

Edited by Balder, 30 June 2016 - 04:35 PM.

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#34 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

It's all good.

As it turns out, I didn't have time to do all that I planned to do today, thus I probably won't be able to begin Chapter 1 before this weekend. I'm leaving to go on a trip for the weekend very soon, and I won't be updating much (if any; we'll see what happens) during that time. I'll definitely move us to chapter 1 when I get back either Sunday or Monday (or Tuesday, depending on things - things could be a little crazy :lol: ).

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#35 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:33 PM

So... uh, you planning on posting again at some point, Harry? Kinda waiting on you.... 

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#36 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:05 AM

Phone post while waiting for everyone to pack and check out of a hotel. Sorry for any formatting errors.

I'll advance us to chapter one when I'm home from vacation. Sorry about the delays.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#37 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:11 AM

Phone post while waiting for everyone to pack and check out of a hotel. Sorry for any formatting errors.

I'll advance us to chapter one when I'm home from vacation. Sorry about the delays.

That's okay.

I'm still waiting on people to reply to Katrina... :P

#38 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

Back from my painfully brief vacation (unfortunately :P)! Expect us to move to Chapter 1 sometime soon, I hope. It may not be today, but I'll at least begin work on it and have it up as soon as possible.

I was hoping Harry would be able to join us for Chapter 1, but it seems he won't be, as he's on vacation (nice of him to leave a note in here for all the people waiting on him :P) and will be for a little while.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#39 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:00 AM

Random question, just because I'm curious... :P

Who here has genuinely been seasick before? I've been on a boat a handful of times now with no trouble, but the last boat I tried to go on was this dinky thing with a bad motor on it and we went out in choppy waters, and somehow it just didn't sit right with me. I got seasick as heck. It's one of the worst feelings in the entire world, seriously.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#40 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,444 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

I've been fine on all the boats I've been on thus far, but I've only been out on the open ocean two or three times, and the waters were always calm then, luckily for me.  Otherwise, I've been on lakes and rivers, which usually don't get too turbulent from my limited experience.

I have gotten motion sickness once, though, but it was in the air, not on the water.  Let me tell you, training to get out of a stall or spin in a glider is jarring both physically and emotionally, especially since you don't get a second chance if you screw up, unlike with powered aircraft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users