NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Chasing Shadows - Sign-Ups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

POPULAR

SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED.

(If you were planning to sign up and missed your chance, but you still really want to get in, shoot me a PM and we can negotiate something. I realize I closed these rather abruptly, but I didn't expect this many sign-ups so quickly! So I'm still open to negotiations.)

Your ride into the city of Redfield goes as planned: although you draw more than a few curious glances, no one disturbs you. The city around you is quite the spectacle of old buildings and architecture combined with the new; the entire city is walled, and you see many flags displaying the red and black scorpion heraldry of the house of Lysander, the ruling family.

You're here for a most unusual and rather clandestine meeting... one you were informed of through a friend, or at least an ally, if you don't know them that well. No matter how you came to be aware of the possibility that something called "the Umbra Coven" may exist, you are aware that it's something that needs to be stopped... If it is even true.

And if you do not believe it to be true, then you have ended up here by pretending that you do. Perhaps you are here to make sure this ragtag group doesn't cause further trouble in their ridiculous beliefs of some conspiracy theory, some kind of network of spies and evil mages and undead working toward unknown goals.

Whatever the case, here you are. As you approach the manor, you guess it belongs to some lesser nobleman, or perhaps even a wealthy commoner. Its architecture is, like most of Redfield, rather Old Achaean, though this manor does not bear the columns and statues of true noble homes... As you look closer, you observe a lack of heraldry anywhere. Yes, it almost certainly belongs to a commoner who has somehow acquired a large amount of coin.

You stable your mount and head inside. No servants or guards await you, but the doors are unlocked. Navigating through halls of doors hanging partially open, you pass by a large staircase that seems to lead up to bedrooms. Rounding a corner, you find a large pair of double doors: the largest you have yet seen. Surely this is the room in which the meeting will take place.

Like many of the doors to the quiet, unoccupied rooms, these doors are slightly ajar. You hear voices from within. Pushing the doors open, you step inside, and find that the meeting is about to begin...

---

Neitha Ardet (Sareth) intro:

Spoiler

---

Percula Saffron (Burger Warrior) intro:

Spoiler

---

Marcus Capulet (Lord_Capulet) intro:

Spoiler

---

The room was fairly cramped, cold, and bare - at least compared to the open castle halls most of them were used to. The round table in the middle of the chamber was pretty much the only thing occupying it other than the figures that now gathered around under the dim glow of the wooden chandelier overhead. One after another, they stepped into the light, several exchanging nods, others even managing a few short-lived smiles. All in all, it was a rather small group - especially for one with so ambitious a purpose.

Standing at the head of the room was Caiden Voros of Redfield, veteran Venator. He leaned forward with his hands on the table, which further emphasized his impossibly broad shoulders, as his one eye roved over the faces of those present.

Inquisitors, Templars, Venatori, knights of various orders, other Imperial officials, soldiers, and even some unaligned mercenaries or wanderers all stood gathered around the table - and they now turned their gaze to Caiden. He was no leader, and no one here followed the orders of anyone else, except for what was dictated to them normally by rank and file. But Caiden had garnered himself a reputation in this crowd: of every single one of them, whatever their issues, no one wanted to take down the Umbra Coven more than Caiden Voros.

"News?" Caiden asked, stoic as ever. His tone was terse, and yet somehow not exactly what one could call 'rude.'

"Well, good news is we managed to get a pretty good number of people here this time, I think," said an exceptionally tall man, one clad from head to foot in solid black Inquisitor armor: Ben Blackburn of Blackwall, Ebonguard. "And the bad news is, it's because the Coven might be making another move."

"We've never been able to track them before."

"No, but the Hidden aren't quite as hard to figure out," added a Templar, Knight-Captain Stevan Rolf from Stonebridge. He removed his helmet, setting it on the table before him and turning his bright blue eyes to Caiden before his gaze passed over the various warriors and soldiers. "I'm the one who called you all here, or at least put in the summons for everyone to bring their allies. The Templar and Inquisition have received word that the Hidden have been communicating under our noses for years - using old history tomes. A historian by the name of Faustus Livius was recently uncovered to be a Hidden One - we found some of his personal documents that indicated a loyalty to Ildrius... even though he lived far after Ildrius's time."

Another figure stepped into the light then: a tall man, his bare arms bulging with muscle, his face strikingly handsome, his hoplite armor decorated in dragons. "I read a few of his books... Just what was he saying about Ildrius?" asked Sir Tom Drake, drawing the gaze of almost everyone present.

Ben gave a sudden laugh. "Good gods, Tom, I didn't know you were here!"

Drake offered a grin. "Yeah, I seem to be anywhere but home these days," the knight said, though his tone was rather dry - perhaps even disdainful.

But Stevan quickly returned to the matter at hand. "Some of Faustus's heirs recently came into possession of notes of his. They were found in a personal study, in an underground wing of a library. Another library was built on top of it, and this older one was only discovered a few weeks ago. We found letters to other members of the Hidden, written in code, and some keys - written keys - that are symbols no one can make sense of."

"Sooo... what's the point?" Ben prompted.

"We think these keys are to ciphers he hid in his history books. Trick is, the code disappears once it's been cracked in that particular book and the message has been relayed. They could've been moving some powerful artifacts with messages like these, and we've found a few keys, but no code. One of Faustus's original tomes - one of the few left that we haven't gotten our hands on - recently got shipped to the castle in Artorius. King Rickard is apparently making himself a history collection." Stevan shook his head. "We need to find that book."

"What you're saying is, we're looking for an old book because the Templars think it has a code in it that's somehow related to the Hidden." Ben snorted. "This is crazy."

"Ben, we've talked about playing nice with the Templars," teasingly chastised an Inquisitor channeler standing by his side, a woman with lovely features and bright red hair - Plexaura Voros, Caiden's younger sister.

"Don't we all believe in the Umbra Coven?" piped up a dwarf, the only one there, a cheerful-looking woman who wore an uncharacteristically serious face. Daisy was her name, a blonde Hill Dwarf Venator clad in the long blue cloak and silver brooch of her order. She had dragged a box over to stand at the table's height, but she didn't seem embarrassed by it one bit. "Is it really so far-fetched to be lookin' fer old books? T'isn't like we got any other lead!"

"True," Ben grumbled. "And a lot of our orders think we're crazy for even believing in them."

"One of my commanders said he'd put me on an assignment in Karak du Vide for the rest of my career if I didn't 'shut up about the damn Umbra Coven nonsense,'" Plexaura agreed with a disdainful snort.

"Some of the orders seem almost angry at the thought," Daisy added. "Especially the Inquisition. I think their noses're too high in the air t' ever imagine they could have spies in their own ranks."

"It's bad for morale and appearances," said Stevan. "The Templar Grand Master has spoken to me about it, but she's not sure trying to be open about it is the right thing to do. What would the citizens think if our orders could be breached by something like the Coven?"

Caiden grunted in agreement. "Some of us have shaky enough foundations as it is," he muttered.

"Yeah, well, unfortunately for our little mission here," said Durante, a white-haired but young and handsome Inquisitor channeler who stood next to his brother, Ben, "pretty much all of us actually have to work - and not on this. I'm only here on leave, and," he shrugged, "I've already got another assignment lined up. I gotta be out of here before sundown."

"Aye, same for us," added a pair of gangly Venator wood elves with red hair - twins, Jed and Forge, conspiracy theorists if there ever were any.

"We just came because we had the opportunity," said Jed.

"We can't actually go sailing off someplace to help," Forge finished.

"That's probably a good thing," Plexaura muttered under her breath. The elf twins grinned.

"Not right now, please," Stevan sighed.

"Oy, the big boyfriend, he's jealous!" put in Jed.

Forge gave him a nudge. "Maybe we should--"

"Enough joking," Caiden ordered, so sharp and sudden that even the elf twins fell silent in an instant. Forge muttered something to Jed about the boyfriend remark being too far with 'her big brother' around, hence Caiden's interruption.

"If we have a lead," Caiden continued, "we take it. Who here has to return to duty immediately?"

Everyone gave indication they had to leave... except Drake, Ben, Plexaura, Stevan, and a few others present. Neither did a tall man standing in the corner: Kye Vakurseth, his true form veiled under the guise of a human man with raven black hair and blue eyes.

Caiden nodded silently.

"Well that leaves anyone decent out," said Jed.

"Shut your trap, eh, Jed?" Forge retorted. "Y'forgot Ben's still here. An' Caid! Gods know 'e'll punch the jaw off anythin' that deserves it."

That warranted a stifled grin from Plexaura and a laugh from Drake, while Ben's reaction was unreadable under his helm, but Stevan said, "Daisy, did you bring these two?"

"Aye, I did," Daisy said with a slight sigh, as if in regret.

"She brought us because we found a Coven spy in the Venatori," Forge said, and Jed nodded for emphasis.

"You think you did," Plexaura clarified.

"Bloody 'ell we did!" the elves said in unison.

Caiden, however, didn't indulge in the conversation. "We leave at dawn. I'll make arrangements for a ship to be in Templaria that'll take us straight to Artorius. Those of us who don't have immediate, pressing issues, we need to meet and discuss who wants to join me. This won't be an easy task, and for those of you who don't have a personal stake in this..." his eye briefly landed on Drake, passing over Kye, and then to Neitha and Marcus, "I can understand if you don't want to get involved. In fact, I recommend it."

Stevan noticed where his gaze went. "You shouldn't discourage your own friends, Caiden," said the Templar, his tone understanding. "Not if they want to help you."

"Maybe," Caiden replied - but that was all.

And, with that, he turned and strode out of the room. They were in a fairly sizable manor, though certainly not a grand castle or some personal keep, and Caiden stepped through a pair of double doors, closing them behind him. He took a deep breath and closed his eye for a moment, trying to focus... but the haze in his mind was growing. He grimaced at an unknown pain, feeling something stir beneath his skin, and he wondered...

Who could he trust? On a mission like this, he didn't want to put anyone else in danger. This was personal, no one had a stake quite like he did... even if no one in that whole room truly knew the depth of his goals. This went beyond justice. It went beyond revenge. It ascended past personal goals or noble ones, into some unknown realm of... pure fear, possibly selfishness. There were forces at work he didn't understand - and many of them were at work inside him.

Perhaps the greatest question in his mind was not one of duty, or honor, or vengeance, or justice - it was a question concerning everyone he cared about, everyone who could possibly accompany him on this mission. And that question was one that struck fear into his seemingly stone heart.

Could he trust himself?

---

Welcome to Chasing Shadows. This RP (and/or campaign, as I call them, as it's still a part of the persistent world, but it's its own storyline) is heavily centered around characters and character interaction. A very important disclaimer follows...

DISCLAIMER: This campaign is centered around characters, character interaction, character development, etc. It will focus in particular on one of my own characters, Caiden Voros, who has accompanied players as a NPC companion since the start of Errant. Other characters very important in the official Wulfgard canon will also play large roles. The players will take part in events in their lives and have the opportunity to influence them and their actions. However, the players are not the center of this campaign. You are not the one at the center of the action, you are not the driving force, hero, victim, or - to put all those together - protagonist. This does not mean your character is not important, but don't expect to be the one everyone is after. You will, however, have multiple opportunities to influence events and other characters - for better or for worse.

With all that said, also bear in mind that - as mentioned multiple times elsewhere - Errant runs on its own canon. None of this should be considered true to any of the official stories, nor a hint of anything to come. This is all entirely separate from official Wulfgard canon (that means any and all official stories, for sale or posted online for free, including the upcoming Echoes of the Mage-Emperor).

None of this should be taken as an indicator of things to come or things that have previously happened in any stories in existence or to exist in the future.

Therefore, you should sign up as a character you truly want to enjoy playing as and explore. This campaign will put your character's qualities to the test. You will have opportunity to influence the lives of many important characters, and you may choose how you influence them. Potentially, you could even forever change their lives in the world of Errant.

I want to stress this, and I don't mean to imply that people ever just throw sign-ups together, but I really want everyone to play as characters they will enjoy and feel confident in exploring. Feel free to get complex. Feel free to have secrets. Feel free to have no secrets and hate those who do. Take your time making your character, and make someone you're going to have a blast playing. Don't end up as a character who you just make go to sleep or stand around thinking about how bored they are and how much they don't care or sitting in a corner brooding and, in any case, adding nothing at all to the roleplay. Think of this as an opportunity for character exploration.

You can expect some adventure, mystery, action, certainly a lot of horror, and other elements in this campaign, but most of all, expect character interaction.

However, due to the nature of this campaign - which is in part a culmination of events and buildup over the course of Caiden's entire existence in Errant (and will take into account many player choices, including some from a very long time ago) - your character cannot just walk in and sign up for this adventure. This is personal. See the Character Creation Criteria for details, and please be sure to read it before you begin forming your character.

To sign-up for this RP, head on over to the sign-up thread and create your character using that. Copy-paste the sign-up sheet found at the bottom of the sign-up thread, fill it out, and post your character here in this thread.

Character Creation Criteria

First and foremost, your character must have some kind of personal investment in this mission. To elaborate: your goal is to find this tome of history and discover whether or not there's a hidden code left inside it. If there is, you are to decipher it, find the message, and use it against the Hidden - even if you have to just use the tome itself as a trap to lure them out. With that, the Hidden could potentially lead you to the Umbra Coven, as they are closely tied and the Coven desire to - essentially - snatch anything powerful from the Hidden's hands for themselves before they can acquire it.

Of course, that's just the plan... and plans never go as expected, do they?

The Umbra Coven is an organization that has its tendrils in several different orders; their goals, while believed to be similar to the Hidden, do not align with the Hidden themselves, as they are a secretive splinter organization (the Hidden's exact opinion on them is unknown, however). The Umbra Coven has spies everywhere, on both sides, and they work to influence events in their favor. They are probably mostly vampires, though they most likely have human thralls as well. They are thought to believe both magi and undead are superior to mundane humans and mortals, and they are extremely dangerous. They are (again, thought to be) led by Albertus Lysander, a relative of the ruling family of Redfield, who once attempted to overthrow the city (in Caiden's backstory). No one can confirm or deny their existence, and no proof exists about them whatsoever, only very good conjectures that no larger organization is really willing to believe. Surely the Hidden's interest in this tome will draw out the Coven as well.

A good place to start is to sign up as a member of the Venatori, Knights Templar or the Imperial Inquisition, but this is not required. You can also be independent, or a member of some other order, such as the Paladins, the Imperial Legion, or Knights of Dracon or Knights of the Star Sapphire, etc.

No matter what order you work for, however, you must have some reason to suspect that the Umbra Coven may exist and a reason to go after them. It doesn't have to be a revenge story; it could be as simple as they're evil and you want them gone. It could be that you secretly want to join them and use them to find a means to power. You could even by a Hidden spy in some other order - or alone - who somehow ingratiated yourself with this crowd enough to be here and go on the mission. You could simply be good friends with someone who is present at this meeting (Caiden, Ben, Durante, Plexaura, Stevan, Daisy, or Jed and Forge, or possibly even another player character) and who has been hunting the Umbra Coven for years. I am very open to any of those options and a lot more.

Whatever reason you have for suspecting the existence of the Umbra Coven, I want to stress that no one truly knows whether or not the Umbra Coven exists. It's a very large and sweeping theory. No one has ever outright said it exists, no one professes to work for them, and no member of them has ever been broken to even utter the name. They primarily operate out of the Hidden, as mentioned in the intro, but it is also believed by the characters in this campaign that they have spies hidden in many orders, including the Inquisition, Templars, Venatori, and more, which these orders themselves deny.

If that's still confusing, then think of it as when a spy in a spy movie believes there to be a bunch of evil double agents sowing chaos, and those double agents exist in the governments of countries all across the globe. It's a dangerous theory that no one believes because it sounds ridiculous, and they don't want to even start believing it because it's too dangerous to confirm or try to investigate due to tons of red tape and politics and danger in general. However, a few individuals do this under the radar and come together to try and take down the evil rogue agency. The Umbra Coven is something similar to that.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask me anything. I'm here to help. In fact, it may be best if some of you PM me ideas about how and why you came to join this group. I will tell you more info on the Umbra Coven as needed for your ideas and help you work yourself into this campaign.

For more info on these assorted factions, consult the Wulfgard wiki and the sign-up thread.

Races that are allowed must be something that can pass as a human. Note that different factions may have different restrictions; ask me for details if you're confused about any of those. Generally speaking, however, these are the races allowed in this campaign:

Socially Accepted:

• Humans
  • Elves
  • Dwarves
  • Any ordinary-looking half-bloods (i.e., half-elves, half-dwarves)

Kill-on-sight, but can hide in human society:

• Werewolves
  • Vampires
  • Demon-kin
  • Mages/magi (individuals with the Gift)
  • Anyone with Demonic Pact

If anyone has any monsters-hiding-among-men that I've left out (regardless of whether or not they've appeared before; remember, Errant is supposed to be very open) and you want to sign up as that, just let me know and we can try to work something out, depending on what it is.

As always, sign up as a hidden monster at your own risk. Note that, no matter which two companions accompany us in addition to Caiden, they generally won't take too kindly to inhuman things (and neither will Caiden himself). And yet hiding your true nature can be so very exciting, so no one can blame you if you want to try! :P Just don't be surprised if there are heavy consequences down the road.

Returning Players: I may or may not get to do a sort of prelude to this campaign within Errant itself, but regardless of whether or not I get to, essentially what is going to happen after the Veritshire campaign is that Caiden is going to receive a message and explain to the current Team Drake that he's being summoned back to Redfield on personal business. I've made intros under the assumption that these characters would willingly follow him - and after asking each of you if you'd be returning as that character.

So, those of you who are returning to this group from Team Drake, please just re-post your character's sign-up sheet. I'd like to have them all in one topic so I can make a simplified guide later after everyone's signed up. Thanks, and welcome back!

Everyone is, of course, also free to use a character from elsewhere in Errant (such as another campaign), as long as they have a reason to be here. I encourage using characters again; it's always nice to see a familiar face.

P.S.: Dalton, I wasn't really sure if Agethar would want to accompany Caiden and/or if you want to bring him back, so I didn't write him a personalized intro like I did other returning characters already in Team Drake. That doesn't mean you can't sign up as him - feel free to do so, if you want to! I just wanted to leave it up to you whether or not you want to play as him, since I wasn't entirely sure.

Posting Schedule: This is a section intended to inform me about my own posting schedule, not dictate yours to you. This is going to be fun and fairly slow-moving, so you should be able to keep up.

Big DM posts that advance the plot (and/or advance the current sidequest) will generally be posted once a week. If I can't get a DM post up one week, I'll do my best to let everyone know. If I choose not to advance the plot because there are too many interesting character interactions going on, I'll also let everyone know. But, generally speaking, the RP should update about once a week, and/or whenever all players have replied to a big DM post.

I'll be posting smaller posts much more frequently as necessary for character/NPC interactions, however, as I want to heavily encourage that sort of thing.

Campaign Pacing: This campaign will be divided up into chapters: a prologue, three chapters, and an epilogue. I have each one planned out, but there's a lot of openings for players to throw monkey wrenches into my plans (which I welcome) and you guys are going to be making a lot of choices along the way. Choices you've all made throughout Errant will also be factored very heavily into this campaign - you've been warned!

Each chapter will be slightly different than the last, somewhat in the spirit of some traditional RPG games. Expect a lot of variety in gameplay, twists and turns, and adventure, though I will also allow breaks for interaction and some downtime.

---

Player List:

Sareth - Neitha Ardet, Sarael Raia

Burger Warrior - Percula Saffron, Rosette Saffron

Klaykid - Sef Yung Tzani

Dalton Westmoore - The Weeping Mage, Katrina Windborne

Halicon - Lord Otto of Eisenherz

Ter Loki - Javed Shahzad, Dominica Abbadelli

Lord_Capulet - Marcus Capulet

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:13 PM

IT'S FINALLY HERE! ERMIGERSH! :D

Yeah, I think Agethar is going to sit this one out.

Charon, and maybe his Cousin (or close freind, I dunno), Katrina Velos will be showing up for sure: Katrina because she's looking for her Cousin/Love Interest, and Charon because there's FINALLY A QUEST WITH THE UMBRA CULT IN IT.

I hope this means that that Publius Slyvanus and his Revenant will appear again as well.

Hopefully, I'll get my sign-ups up tomorrow.

#3 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

Well, here are mine, Wolfy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Neitha Ardet (NAY-thuh are-DET) aka "The Dervish Princess"

Race: Human (Kemhetian/Parsansharian)

Affinity: Fire

Deity: The whole Kemhetian Pantheon (Anubis, Horus, etc...)

Faction: None

Talents: Finesse Combat, Acrobatics, Thievery, Charisma

Attributes

Strength: 4

Agility: 10

Constitution: 4

Perception: 7

Intelligence: 8

Spirit: 6

Luck: 3

Appearance:

Tall, dark, gorgeous, and wild pretty much sums up Neitha. She stands a hair over six feet in height, with dusky skin, and looks that turn heads. While not particularly strong, what musculature she has is very well defined, as she is leanly built with little extraneous body fat. Her dark brown hair is kept short, and seems to have been cut completely at random, as the length varies noticeably from point to point; Her hair tends to stick out from her head, contributing to her wild and untamed look. Her eyes are a striking hazel color.

She has symmetrical 'Eye of Horus' tattoos around both of her eyes (like this, but a bit bigger). In addition, she wears a pair of smallish bronze hoop earrings, and a pair of arm bracelets on her biceps —one with the 'Eye of Horus' symbol, and one in the shape of a snake.

For clothing, she wears a thin sleeveless shirt, and pants —both made of light gray cloth—, and leather boots. Her torso is covered by a leather-and-bronze cuirass, and she wears a bright crimson sash at her hips. She also wears a matching pair of leather-and-bronze vambraces that cover her forearms; Her hands are bare.

She carries an assortment of weapons: First, is a yatagan sword. In addition, she carries a pair of mambele throwing knives. She also carries a very old bronze Kemhetian knife —her only family heirloom—, and a pair of smaller knives sheathed on the insides of her forearms. Lastly, she carries an assegai —a short thrusting spear of Southron design. She is a dead aim at throwing any of these weapons —even the sword.

Inventory:

* 1x Yatagan sword (steel)

* 2x Mambele throwing knives (steel)

* 1x Bronze knife

* 1x Assegai (steel)

* 2x Small knives (steel)

* Leather-and-bronze armor (curiass and vambraces)

Jewelry (bronze)

Clothing

* A water-skin, some travel rations (biltong), a bit of money

Biography:

Neitha was born in northern Kemhet, the bastard daughter of a Kemhetian noble, and a Parsansharian woman. Despite being a bastard, her father —being otherwise childless— took her in and raised her as his own, and she lived a good, if ordinary, life for many years. That ended when she was eleven, when her father's jealous younger brother —desiring his station— sent assassins to kill them. Her father and all of his servants were killed, and Neitha only barely managed to escape. Fearing that her uncle would continue to send killers after her, she fled north into the Empire. 

As a little child with no family or money —she had a fancy ancient Kemehtian knife that her father had given her, but she would never sell it, it being all she had left of him—, her options for survival were extremely limited, and she chose the easiest: Stealing —something she turned out to be quite good at, having quick eyes and quicker hands. For a few years, she managed a decent existence by this manner. Until, one day, when she made the mistake of trying to rob a noble, and got caught —but not before killing one of his guards. As punishment, she was sentenced to be a gladiator.

No one expected a fifteen-year-old girl to last long in the pits, but Neitha surprised everyone; She had fantastic reflexes and —as it turned out— an absolutely vicious killer instinct which allowed her to win her first several fights. And, as she received more training, she only grew more lethal —quickly developing a love of throwing weapons; Something the pit-masters tried to curb, as it ended the fights too quickly when she would just put her knife or sword or spear through her opponent's heart from twenty paces within seconds of the match beginning. While she did eventually learn how to draw out the fights for the crowds' enjoyment —though she still held resentment for being a slave, she grew to enjoy the fighting and the attention that she got— she would still most always end them with a thrown weapon.

As she won more and more fights, and became more famous —being moved into larger arenas—, she began to develop her stage persona, playing on the exoticness of her appearances and her noble blood (not that the pit-masters really believed she was a noble, but it was good stagecraft, and drew crowds), and using more exotic southern weapons; That, plus her tendency to dance enticingly at the beginning of fights to throw her opponents off guard —to say nothing of the effect it had on the crowds— eventually resulted in her getting the gladiator name of "The Dervish Princess".

Winning fight after fight, she grew more and more liked and famous, and, finally, earned her freedom. However, freedom left her at a bit of a loss as to what to do with her life; While she could have gotten other kinds of work no doubt, whether because of what she'd gone through in the pits, or because she was always a little off, she couldn't leave fighting behind —she liked killing, and the thrill of a fight—, and thus she pursued that rush wherever it could make her money —as she never wished to end up a slave again; She fought as a mercenary, hunted for treasure, and even fought in the pits as a freeman a few times —making her way back south to her homeland all the while.

While she's mostly focused on getting as much excitement as she can out of life, deep down she does have some ideas about getting vengeance on her traitorous uncle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Sarael Raia (sah-RYE-l RAY-uh)

Race: Human- Achæan

Affinity: Air

Deity: Astra Aeterna, Nike, Athena

Faction: Knights Templar

Talents: Martial Combat, Charisma, Divine Devotion

Attributes

Strength: 8

Agility: 6

Constitution: 7

Perception: 6

Intelligence: 6

Spirit: 7

Luck: 2

Appearance:

Over six-and-a-half feet of solid muscle, some people have darkly suggested that there may be some nordling, or even amazon, blood in Sarael's ancestry. While these rumors are utterly without merit, it cannot be denied that she has a statuesque and heavily-muscled build that wouldn't look out of place on a goddess of war. Despite this, she is immensely cute, with a youthful and lively beauty. Her ash-blonde hair is kept sensibly short, stopping a couple inches above the shoulder, and she has vibrant green eyes.

She is clad in a full-body suit of deepsilver plate armor, which has various details, such as the star of Astra symbols, done in deepgold accents; while she has a helmet for her armor, she almost never wears it, being slightly claustrophobic —it pretty much just sits in her saddlebags gathering dust. Under her armor, she wears a fairly simple —if exceptionally well-made— light-gray leather jerkin over a matching tunic, with similarly matching pants and boots to complete her outfit.

Her primary weapon is an immense (though, compared to her size, rather proportional) deepsilver zweihänder sword. In addition, she carries a single-handed warhammer with a deepgold head and bindings. Thirdly, she carries a slim, long-bladed deepsilver dagger. Lastly, she carries a shield of the typical knights' type, the front and edges of which are plated with deepsilver and deepgold.

She rides a massive gray percheron mare —the only horse she could find that would bear her size and weight. She named the horse "Silver Breeze".

Inventory:

* 1x Deepsilver zweihänder

* 1x Deepgold warhammer

* 1x Deepsilver long-bladed dagger

* 1x Shield (plated with deepsilver and deepgold)

* Full suit of plate armor (deepsilver, with deepgold accents)

* Clothing

* Horse (Percheron)

- Saddlebags: travel rations, waterskin, blanket, deepsilver helmet

Biography:

Sarael's father, a wealthy knight of Piera, had wanted a son. But, as sometimes seems to happen, fate played a trick on him, and he got many of the traits that one would wish for in a son… in the form of a daughter.

It was obvious from a fairly young age that Sarael was different. In addition to her rather rapid, and seemingly endless, growth, she simply didn't act like most girls. She had no interest in traditional feminine pursuits like sewing or cooking —or, seemingly, marriage, the one her father particularly had in mind for her. He even tried to get her into reading —a skill that could be useful for a lady—, but to no avail —while she was reasonably bright, she simply lacked the patience or interest. Rather, she spent her days riding, fighting imaginary battles, and —to her father's shame and dismay— brawling with the local boys; in this last matter, his only consolation was that she almost always won said fights. 

And, it seemed her ambitions didn't end there; her father almost had a heart attack the time he caught her trying on his full suit of armor —not the least reason being that, at all of ten years old, she was big enough that it fit her pretty well, and strong enough that she could move without too much difficulty. And her energeticness, so it seemed, only increased, in proportion with her physical growth, as she got older.

In the end, traditionalist though he was, her father had to give up on his plans to make a 'traditional' lady out of his daughter.

Rather strangely, given her lack of patience and interest in other more intellectual and calm pursuits, the girl was quite pious —prayer seemingly the only thing that could get her to stand still and calm down… for at least a little while. Again to her father's chagrin, while she did worship the Olympians too —particularly the goddesses associated with warfare—, her main devotions were directed towards Astra. It was this, plus a desire to see his daughter attain some honorable position, and, though he'd be hard pressed to admit it, a desire to see her happy, that led him to get her apprenticed into the Knights Templar as a squire.

Sarael, for her part, couldn't have been happier at this turn of events, throwing herself into her squirely duties and training with all of her typical energy and cheerfulness.

Now, 19 years old, she has only just recently been knighted as a full Templar. Due to a combination of her relative novelty as a female knight —much less a Templar; her blithe and (in many peoples' opinions, excessively) cheerful personality —standing at complete odds with her size, strength, and combat prowess— which tends to make her appear somewhat innocent or naïve —which, relatively speaking, she is, though she is smarter than most people give her credit for; and her youth and inexperience, she tends to get treated as a kid by most of the other Templar. In fact, even after becoming a knight, she has continued carrying out some of her squirely duties for the members of her unit, such as caring for their horses —either not realizing, or not caring, that it was no longer her job—, simply because they asked her to.

While some people might take umbrage at such treatment, Sarael doesn't have an ill-natured bone in her body —she is simply happy to help. The only effect such treatment has on her is to increase her determination to be the best Templar she can be, so that she won't let her comrades down.

While she had participated in a few minor assignments since becoming a full-fledged Templar, the ill-fated quest to track down Letom was her first real mission. Despite her initial excitement at being a part of such an important assignment, things rather quickly went sideways; the  subsequent failure of the mission, involving the deaths of several of her comrades, along with some of the things she encountered during it —a cannibal witch, and the monstrosity of the Creep— were a serious blow to her psyche. 

While she still believes in her cause and order —if anything, she is firmer in her belief than before— she was left in a somewhat emotionally fragile and unsettled state. As such, when she heard theories about the Umbra Coven from Knight-Captain Stevan Rolf, who had been the leader of the Templar contingent during the search for Letom, and the secret mission to try and do something about it, she jumped at the opportunity. While she does not necessarily believe Rolf's theory, she sees the potential existence of such an organization as too big a threat not to investigate, and hopes that tracking down and dismantling it —if it really does exist— might help assuage her feelings of guilt and failure from her last mission; or, at least, that the task might for a time distract her from the horrors that she can't seem to forget…

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#4 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

Awww yiss. Pixie time! :P

-----

Fairy_Sketch_by_magyk94.jpg

Name: Percula Saffron

Race: Pixie

Affinity: Frost

Deity: Various nature spirits

Faction: None

Talents: Arcane Gift, Acrobatics, Herbalism, Charisma

Attributes

Strength: 3 - 2 = 1

Agility: 10 + 6 = 16

Constitution: 3 - 2 = 1

Perception: 3 + 1 = 4

Intelligence: 8

Spirit: 10 + 4 = 14

Luck: 5

Appearance: Only a couple inches in height, Percula often uses her magic to appear as a yellow ‘will o’ wisp’. Only around those that she trusts or at least considers friends will she drop that guise and show her rather petite, fragile real shape. In this undisguised form, her blonde hair can clearly be seen flowing like so much spun gold, her green eyes flash with mischief, and her somewhat pale complexion compliments both of those features. That, and her deep blue dress, which looks suspiciously like it's been made from a Venator's cloak.

Inventory: (Term ‘Fae’ is for enchanted items capable of shifting size with the carrier. See Castle Blood)

-Fae bag

-Fae clothing

-Various shiny things she has collected, sort of like currency

-Miniature potion bottles and small samples of alchemical ingredients (definitely not stolen from Caiden's stash)

-Several other items - mostly potions - that Caiden hauls around for her

Biography: Percula Saffron was born in a small pixie village in Rognosst Swamp. Like most pixies her family and friends were isolationists and kept all other sentient beings away from their town, be they beastfolk or human travelers. Growing up in this peaceful environment, Percula found she was… different from the others. She didn’t enjoy the same things, and often went about pulling off breakneck stunts and playing tricks on the others with her magic. That said, she found herself pretty much friendless as the others wanted no part in her shenanigans after the first few incidents, and soon Saffron began to wander away from the village, taking interest in other beings who wandered by.

It wasn’t long before she ended up trying to make contact with one such creature.

A young human adventurer, Virgo, was trying to take a shortcut through Rognosst one day. That in itself exemplified his youth and general inexperience. In fact, it was sheer luck he’d made it that far into the swamp without running into anything that had managed to kill him. Perhaps he had been legitimately missed, or the predators of the swamp were simply waiting for his guard to fall… whichever way it was, none would have suspected that Percula would not only approach this human, but speak to him.

Naturally, Virgo was completely enthralled by the little will o’ wisp that spoke to him, and he followed Percula without question. Fortunately for him, she decided to not abuse her sudden dominance over the human, and instead guided him toward where she was fairly sure the edge of the swamp was, talking with him along the way. She learned a fair deal about humans from Virgo, of the Empire and its conflicts with other creatures, and Virgo learned a little about his companion in return. Whether for better or worse, though, he never got to take this knowledge home.

A swamp troll ambushed them, and while Percula could easily evade it, her friend was not so fortunate. That, and he was foolish and decided he could take a troll out all on his own. Saffron left him for dead, rather reluctantly, though what she heard as she fled left her in no doubt of his fate.

Saddening as it was, it was this that led Percula to seriously consider leaving the swamp. She didn’t think other humans would act or react very differently around and to her, in comparison to Virgo, so she saw no harm in it. Packing what few belongings she had, she took off, zipping through the forest as fast as her wings could take her. Days passed of flying through the wilderness, somehow avoiding all contact with humans and most other creatures as she headed almost straight west, right through the forest of shadows. Thanks to her wings, that wasn’t a very big problem at all, but having to fly for days on end with little rest, no company, and very few places to find shelter became a huge problem she’d never faced before.

Maybe a week since Percula Saffron left Rognosst Swamp, worn down by the rigors of her journey across relatively open country, she ran into the knight Tom Drake and his party of (mostly) human friends. Since then, Percula has wandered with them to the deserts of Kemhet and back again, growing especially close to Caiden Voros along the way. She chose to join him on this trip thanks to both her wish to help him face down his demons and her own... interactions with a certain Albertus Lysander.

-----

tinker_bell_by_bylim-d67vnjk.jpg

Name: Rosette Saffron

Race: Pixie

Affinity: Clay

Deity: Various nature spirits

Faction: None

Talents: Spiritual Connection, Acrobatics, Arcane Lore, Diplomacy

Attributes

Strength: 3 - 2 = 1

Agility: 7 + 6 = 13

Constitution: 4 - 2 = 2

Perception: 5 + 1 = 6

Intelligence: 10

Spirit: 8 + 4 = 12

Luck: 5

Appearance: Standing a little shorter than her older sister Percula in either form, Rosette Saffron has a green-yellow glow most of the time to conceal her features. Considering she’s usually more quiet and studious than her sister, she tends to keep her glow bright enough to hide her real shape more often.

Inventory: (Term ‘Fae’ is for enchanted items capable of shifting size with the carrier. See Castle Blood)

-Fae bag

-Fae traveling rations

-Fae chalk

-Fae outfit

-Various shiny things she’s collected, sort of like currency.

Biography: Born in a small pixie village in Rognosst Swamp, Rosette led a simple life for a long while. Not that she found it boring, being very interested in the ways of spirits and magic. This led her to get a somewhat jumbled, haphazard education as she tried to learn about these things from anyone she could bother. Pixies, elves, and even trolls were nagged incessantly until they gave her even the slightest amount of information. As a result, not everything she ‘learned’ turned out to be true, resulting in a few failed experiments before the young Saffron simply grew too timid to ask just anyone.

Ironically, her sister seemed to have the opposite problem… until she vanished.

Rosette didn’t really realize it for a few days, since Percula was always wandering away around that time. However, it finally clicked that she ought to have returned, and a few questions posed toward various witnesses confirmed that her sister had, indeed, left Rognosst.

Some more time passed as Rosette fretted, not sure what she ought to do… or rather, what she could do. The world beyond the swamp was dangerous (well, more dangerous. For her kind), but this was her sister! And Rosette had learned much about magic and the spiritual world. In the end, the young pixie gathered what she thought she would need for the journey before following in Percula’s footsteps.

Or rather, as she found, in the footsteps of those that carried her.

The spirits she quizzed often added that Percula was traveling with a group of humans. An elf or two joined them, but much to Rosette’s trepidation they both vanished before very long as she followed their winding path through the Empire, into Kemhet, and then back again. With the help of various animals and spirits, Rosette not only survived the journey but made surprisingly good progress, slowly but steadily gaining on the party of… mostly humans with the use of shortcuts and mounts.

In Veritshire, their sudden stop nearly made Rosette miss them, but she managed to stay hard on their heels when several members of the party, including her sister, began to make their way to Redfield. Hoping to meet them on the way or when they’re there, the young pixie has continued her pursuit.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#5 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:58 PM

POPULAR

Name: Rosette Saffron

Oh dear God... 

:P 

Are you ever going to make a non-pixie char. ever again, Burgs?  :lol:

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#6 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

No. The shenanigans are too damn fun(ny)  :P

#7 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

So, one question then: When will this be starting? Because I've got vacation coming up at the end of next week.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#8 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:22 AM

Charon, and maybe his Cousin (or close freind, I dunno), Katrina Velos will be showing up for sure: Katrina because she's looking for her Cousin/Love Interest, and Charon because there's FINALLY A QUEST WITH THE UMBRA CULT IN IT.

*Coven, not cult. :P

I may have to go over a few details about the Umbra Coven with you if you sign up as him, especially depending on how you're planning to do your sign-up. Another thing to remember is that Ben is here for the meeting, and the Weeping Mage was at Arrowfall, so Ben would recognize him, and... well, that wouldn't be good. :lol: He'll need a very good disguise of some kind.

Well, here are mine, Wolfy:

They both sound great, of course. Sarael should be a lot of fun in this group - although I think Kye will disagree... :P

Awww yiss. Pixie time! :P

Talents: Spiritual Connection, Acrobatics, Arcane Lore, Arcane Gift

My goodness, she has Arcane Gift, too!? You just like to be OP as heck, Burgs. :lol:

They both sound good. We can work out the details on how Rosette joined the group at some point. :P

So, one question then: When will this be starting? Because I've got vacation coming up at the end of next week.

I really have no idea, to be honest, but you should be fine. Technically, this campaign can't really start until Cappy (Lord_Capulet) finishes his campaign in Veritshire. He said he'll be finishing that in early June, most likely, so this campaign will start sometime mid-June or thereabouts?

Anyway, you should be fine to sign up (I might actually be going on a vacation around that same time, too, if I'm lucky - but I'm not lucky, so I'm not counting on it). I started these sign-ups really early, comparatively, to try and give everyone time to make characters they like and work themselves into the story. That, and I'd like to see at least a little new blood, if I can draw people in. :P So, I'd love to have you along, Ter!

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#9 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

Well stopping a coven of the Hidden sounds right up Javed and Dom's alley, so I'll see about getting their sign-ups brushed up and posted here later today.

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:00 AM

Technically the Umbra Coven and the Hidden aren't aligned, since the Coven exists (or, at least, this group believes it exists) as kind of a network throughout a lot of organizations. We can't be sure if the Hidden fully approve of their existence or not, but there is reason to believe the Hidden don't much care for the Coven, either.

But yeah, details. It's kind of convoluted, I know. This is stuff I've been building up to over the course of Errant a lot. :P If there's any confusion, just let me know; here or PMs, either one is fine.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#11 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:11 AM

I went ahead and made a wiki article about the Umbra Coven to try and simplify things a bit. Here it is. I also added a link to it in the original sign-up post.

It might still be hard to work a character in without them being at least fairly close friends with one of the NPCs in the campaign, or something, but whatever the case, if anyone's having trouble, I can help out. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#12 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

p100_by_hbdesign-d4r0i04.jpg

Name: Sef Yung Tzani
Race: Human [Northman]
Affinity: Earth
Deity: Astra Aeterna
Faction: Knights Templar
Talents: Intimidation, Education (Demonic), Noble Combat

Attributes

Strength: 8
Agility: 3
Perception: 8
Luck:  3

Appearance: Sef, being originally from the North, is a tall woman standing 6'4 and has the muscles to proficiently wield her deepsilver sword. Her skin is said to have the colour of ripened peaches and her eyes are a lovely shade of green complimenting the devious smile always planted on her face. Her hair, once dark like the feathers of a raven, have taken on a white colour at the tips, reminiscent of her frozen northern homeland. Her voice carries through the air like the bellows of golden horns sounding the presence of a king.

Her armour, very damaged and tattered in appearance, is coloured in the standard scheme that the Templars abide by. Her sword is atypical for many warfighters being the size and shape of the blade. Instead of something manageable like what most warriors carry, Sef's blade is a sickening with the skull of a demon imprinted on the crossguard. The sword is nearly the size of her own body, even dwarfing most around her. Each swing of the sword echoes with the screams of demons and undead who have fallen to its edge.

Inventory:
  • Standard set of Knights Templar armour
  • Deepsilver sword
  • Marriage Band [silver] worn on left hand, ring finger.
  • Husband's marriage band [silver] worn around the neck by a piece of sturdy twine.
  • Deepgold amulet gifted by Duke Draculea

Biography:

Sef was born to the nomadic Tzani tribe far into the North. When a traveling Templar visited her tribe when she was young, she was astounded by the existence of Astra Aeterna, and from then on, became an avid follower of the Goddess. As soon as she was old enough to venture out, she traveled to the Citadel where she trained to become a Templar. It was during her training where she met an Imperial named Thoma Yung, a man who was sweet, gentle, and practically the opposite of Sef. Where she was brash and aggressive, he was soft spoken and never had a negative thing to say. It was an easy case of opposites attract, and when Sef was fully accepted into the ranks of the Templars, she and her husband married in full company of her companions and his family.

In her travels she fought numerous beasts and assisted villages in keeping safe from those whose soul burned in the sun. Her very first werewolf encounter left her paralyzed in fear of the creatures as her partner (and herself) were nearly killed by one. They could not slay the beast and from then on, both of them blamed themselves for letting the creature get away. This fear often surfaces in times of hardship when she fights against powerful undead such as necromancers or even vampires.

When Sef was away on one of her treks, her husband and child were slain by a band of mercenaries on orders to conquest and raise any village in their warpath. Sef was not sure what happened back home, or how it came to be, but when she returned to her ransacked village she found Thoma's undead state. She did not want to accept that her husband was turned into a monster, and before he could explain, she attacked him in blind confusion. The fight between the two ended when Sef hesitated in decapitating her husband allowing him to escape into the wilderness. From them on, Sef vowed to never let that hesitation happen again.

Currently Sef searches the world to end her husband's suffering. And once he has been put to rest, she will slit her own throat.

Once word reached Sef that Stevan was tracking down proof that the supposed Umbra Coven exists, she immediately set to travel to the meeting place. Though she will not admit to it, it was more in support of her friend than eliminating the threat of the coven should it exist.

gdV21HZ.gif

#13 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

Here we gooo:

The Weeping Mage:

Spoiler

Katrina Windborne:

Spoiler

#14 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

Name: Sef Yung Tzani

Awesome; glad to have you aboard again, Klaykid! All of this sounds great. I'm happy to see Sef return. :D

Name: Charon Velos, aka The Weeping Mage

Faction: The Umbra Coven (formerly Unaligned)

Appearance:

Inventory:

- Chainmail Armor (Silver)

Misc: After joining the coven, the Weeping Mage began to construct a Revenant of his own. The creature, though uncompleted, has been dubbed 'Puzzle' for the time being.

I'll be PMing you very soon with some details regarding being in the Umbra Coven. There's certainly no problem with it, especially since you joined it during Errant, but I'll have to cover a bit of information with you... :ninja:

Nice new drawing! For the record, though, he's going to have to have some kind of very good disguise to run with this group. If Ben saw him wearing his black cloak and hood and signature drama mask, things would go south very quickly, I'm afraid. :lol:

Just silver? That'd be highly ineffective as armor...

Revenants aren't really constructed; that's more of a necrogolem sort of thing, which is kind of a higher-level state of necromancy, one rarely achieved except by the exceptionally powerful (and it can take multiple souls to fuel a necrogolem, whereas a revenant only uses one and still has intelligence, unlike necrogolems). A revenant would just be one reanimated corpse with a single soul in it.

Katrina's all sounds good.

Great sign-ups so far, guys! Glad to see Team Drake will expand once again. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#15 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:21 PM

Recently, a issue arose with my visa, since I am a Canadian living in the U.S, and I will have to return to Canada for in half a month or so, and I can not promise I will have any access to a stable internet source (basically, a home router) for a month or so. I don't think I'll be coming along this journey with y'all, unless I can come in at a later date, such as the second chapter or so in the series.

I was really hyped for this, but I don't want Seal Team 6 kicking in my door and deporting me, so...

21.jpg

#16 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:35 AM

Hope there's room for a newcomer? :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Name: Lord Otto of Eisenherz
Race: Human
Affinity: Earth
Deity: Most of the pantheon worshipped by the Achaean Empire
Faction: Independant, title-holding Lord in the Empire
Talents: 
Education (Beastfolk)
Noble Combat
Martial Combat

Attributes
Strength: 10
Agility: 4
Perception: 4
Intelligence: 5
Luck: 5

Appearance: A brawny, broad-shouldered man of slightly above average height, Otto

Inventory: "Don't worry about me," he grins.  "I have this." The main part of Otto's arsenal is a large steel warhammer engraved with the name "Magnus," a weapon that he finds suits multiple non-combat purposes in addition to its considerable bone-crushing ability.  In addition, he carries a long dagger at his side as a secondary weapon should he be unable to use his warhammer for any reason.  For armor, he wears a silk gambeson underneath a sturdy steel chestplate, along with tall, dark leather bucket boots and sturdy riding gloves that run all the way up to his elbows.

Outside of his considerable arms and armor, he also carries with him a purse containing a generous amount of coins, a smoking pipe, a travel lantern (along with tinder and a striker for starting fires), a flask filled with strong alcohol of questionable quality, and other associated items of a traveler (tent, blanket, bedroll, etc).

He also has a horse, a chestnut bay named Burt.

Biography:  Formerly a footsoldier of the Imperial army, Otto is the current lord of Süßwasser, a sizeable plot of hilly, verdant land that thrives from a small number of local farms that both feed his people and sell surplus crops in markets.  Although normally cheerful and outgoing, Otto has been concerned of late about his old friend, Caidan Voros. Although they normally kept regular correspondence, his letters had been arriving less and less frequently, and the letters themselves were becoming increasingly short and dark.  The last time he rode up to visit his old friend, he couldn't help but notice he seemed particularly distressed.  When pressed for the truth behind his dismay (Otto could be very stubborn that way), he finally caved in and shared rumors of a powerful and shadowy coven of mages and monsters that conspire to attain power and influence the decisions of powerful men behind closed doors.  The story sounded insane, but the look in his eyes told Otto that his friend spoke what he believed to be the truth.

Though he was skeptical at first, Otto began not-so-subtly conducting research of his own into the matter and soon felt a shadow pass over him as a pattern began to emerge from his findings.  There was something foul in the air, he concluded.  He started paying greater attention to his surroundings, and soon he noticed things that were out of place, if only barely; a stranger at a bar watching him for just slightly too long, shadows passing over his windows, things in his study being out of place or missing entirely.  Most of it was probably just nerves, he knew, his fearful mind creating ghosts that weren't there, but nonetheless it was around this time he truly began to fear for his safety as well as that of those dear to him.

Several months later, when Otto heard through mutual friends of Caidan's impending investigation into the matter of the Cabal, he set up accomodations to ensure the safety of his family and set out post-haste to meet his friend at the meeting ground.  If there was a truth to this matter, he was going to find it and drag, kicking and screaming if he had to, into the light.

((Before I realized that Caidan Voros was based on Chris Redfield, I had my character mostly written, and suddenly realized he could totally be the Barry of this group of misfits. :P ))

#17 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:09 AM

Recently, a issue arose with my visa, since I am a Canadian living in the U.S, and I will have to return to Canada for in half a month or so, and I can not promise I will have any access to a stable internet source (basically, a home router) for a month or so. I don't think I'll be coming along this journey with y'all, unless I can come in at a later date, such as the second chapter or so in the series.

I was really hyped for this, but I don't want Seal Team 6 kicking in my door and deporting me, so...

Yikes. Sorry to hear that, man. :( I may very well be able to work you in at a later point, if you're interested in doing that. If you still want to join by the time you're settled somewhere again, just shoot me a PM and we can work it out. I'd love to have you along.

Hope there's room for a newcomer? :D

Appearance: A brawny, broad-shouldered man of slightly above average height, Otto

((Before I realized that Caidan Voros was based on Chris Redfield, I had my character mostly written, and suddenly realized he could totally be the Barry of this group of misfits. :P ))

Absolutely!

Your appearance cut off, but I think I get the idea from the image. :lol:

I cannot confirm these speculations, but - that sounds like an awesome idea... :P Love the sign-up, Halicon! Welcome aboard!

I'm actually getting a more interest than I expected! Thanks, guys! Just one quick rule to institute, in case we get any more sign-ups, though... No more duos, please. Everyone just sign up as one character from here on out. I don't want an overwhelming number of characters in the group compared to the players actually participating.

Except for you, Ter, since you already got some first dibs; you can bring your two. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#18 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

Just one quick rule to institute, in case we get any more sign-ups, though... No more duos, please. Everyone just sign up as one character from here on out. I don't want an overwhelming number of characters in the group compared to the players actually participating.

Except for you, Ter, since you already got some first dibs; you can bring your two. :P

Shukraan. :D Also, on a more detailed read I noticed something. Errant veterans have probably caught it by now, but for my own deduction:

*Jed and Forge*

34c813637d9d9daa105ffa3e062ebeca.jpg

Anyway, sign-ups:

Name: Javed Shahzad (GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER!)
Race: Human (Southron)
Affinity: Earth
Deity: Astra Aeterna
Faction: Unaligned
Talents: Subtlety, Acrobatics, Finesse Combat

Attributes
Strength: 5
Agility: 8
Constitution: 5
Perception: 8
Spirit: 6
Luck: 4

Appearance: Javed stands somewhat taller than average (5'10") with somewhat dark skin, a short beard, black hair tied back in a ponytail, and brilliant green eyes. His form is lean and spry, and he usually wears light clothing, black boots, a dusty black long coat, and white patterned scarf (keffiyeh) around his neck.

Inventory: Yatagan, dagger, lock picks, extra change of clothes, bedroll, flint and steel, rope, family signet ring, empty bags, small mirror

Biography: “Well I was born and raised in the Khemet, I’d rather not say exactly where though, it’s more fun for people to guess. Anyway, my father was wealthy a merchant and I was traveled all across the map with him, that was great fun. Mother was always a bit distant toward me, never did figure out why… Oh well, it’s not important. My younger brother Firuz is the one that inherited most of father’s business. That’s fine by me though, sure I don’t have a lot to work with but at least I’m not tied down by much of anything. After that I sort of drifted from place to place looking for excitement and trading my skills for a living (I'm rather talented at swordplay appearing unexpectedly if I do say so myself). You might think I’m kind of aimless, and I guess maybe I am. But if there is one thing I’d like to find before I die it’s the secret of immortality and eternal youth. There’s just so much in this ever-changing wide world to see, a single lifetime isn’t possibly long enough to see it all.

This whole 'Umbra Coven' business sounds like just the mystery I've been looking for. Some might call that foolish, but sometimes even a fool's errand will bear fruit, and I'm intrigued by what secrets might be found.”

Name: Dominica Abbadelli
Race: Human (Achaean)
Affinity: Shadow
Deity: Hades
Faction: Unaligned, Imperial-leaning
Talents: Education (Old Achaean and High Imperial), Herbalism, Divine Devotion, Arcane Lore

Attributes
Strength: 4
Agility: 6
Constitution: 4
Perception: 6
Intelligence: 9
Spirit: 9
Luck: 4

Appearance: Dominica is tall (5'8") and striking, with sleek shoulder-length black hair and deep green eyes. She tends to wear heavier, practical dark clothes, along with a fine deep green traveling cloak and a holy symbol of a silver key on a simple chain around her neck. She carries herself with dignity and poise, but humility as well, maintaining an air of approachability.

Inventory: Ebony staff, a small dagger, a satchel containing various vials and containers of herbs, powders, incense, potions, etc., mortar and pestle, empty vials and pouches, silver key on a necklace, extra change of clothes, bedroll

Biography: "I don't really have what you'd call a "home", the closest thing I could call home would be the temples to the Olympians. My mother died shortly after I was born, so I was raised and schooled by the priesthood in Heliora. I learned about all kinds of things there, most unsettling to me were records of necromancers and the undead, which helped inspire me to serve Hades.  When I was thirteen I was sent to apprentice under a respected priest in the little village of Glashire.  I loved it there. The people were welcoming and wonderful, it was peaceful, and I felt like I was doing real good. But then there was an... Incident, and I... Well, I decided I could do more in service to Hades elsewhere.  Pretty much ever since then I've been traveling the land helping people. Laying the dead to rest, healing the sick and injured, and doing what I can to thwart whatever undead and agents of the demonic powers I encounter.  One thing that a lot of people think is that I'm some kind of death worshiper; but in reality life itself is the most sacred thing to me, and I do whatever I can to see it takes it reaches its natural end peacefully.

I first became aware of this so-called 'Umbra Coven' by way of rumors along our travels. I know that its existence seems far-fetched, but something keeps gnawing at the back of my mind, telling me that it is in fact real. It may be nothing, but if the coven does exist, then I know it needs to be stopped."

Right, so there we are. You should still have the DM-only info for these two, but if not I can send it again.  Hopefully I'll have at least some internet access while in Florida so I can post if this gets started soon. If not, well, I'll think of something.

#19 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:58 PM

Made a relatively small edit to my character Rosette. Instead of the Gift, she now possesses a greater affinity for diplomacy (something I think fits her better and may pave the way for more shenanigans :P ).

#20 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:32 AM

Also, on a more detailed read I noticed something. Errant veterans have probably caught it by now, but for my own deduction:

Jed and Forge are actually from an older RP - they've never been in Errant before. They're from one of Scorp's very old Wulfgard RPs. :P 

I'll be PMing you about some possibilities for working your characters into the group, as you mentioned in the message you already sent me. Otherwise, sounds good! One thing, though...

All of the stuff in your bio for Javed (and your use of "thank you" :P) all sound/are Arabic of some form. Kemhet is actually Egyptian, not Arabic. Arabia would be Deshret. Just saying. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users