NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Castle Blood OOC: Rules, Quick Reference, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:00 AM

Experienced only just the beginning though - the RP's barely even started. I mean, we haven't even made it into the dungeon yet! I've got lots of plans for interesting puzzles, encounters, choices to be made, background story to be discovered about the downfall of the castle...

But whatever man. No need to sound so serious about it. I knew we'd have some quitters. :P

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#42 Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

• Nova Patron
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:24 AM

Experienced only just the beginning though - the RP's barely even started. I mean, we haven't even made it into the dungeon yet! I've got lots of plans for interesting puzzles, encounters, choices to be made, background story to be discovered about the downfall of the castle...

But whatever man. No need to sound so serious about it. I knew we'd have some quitters. :P

Welcome to the World of Errant Campaigns. :P

I for one will not quit! I'm gonna see this RP through.

#43 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:21 PM

Well, that escalated quickly.

I removed a few posts in here. Let's play nice, guys.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#44 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

Decided to give this a second go. I was too quick to judge. So, if you'll still have me, Sven will be here. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#45 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:19 PM

Decided to give this a second go. I was too quick to judge. So, if you'll still have me, Sven will be here. 

Really? Cool - welcome back then. Perhaps the dungeons of Castle Blood will have to wait to claim a first victim.  :ninja:

If you really are bored with your character, I honestly don't mind if you ret-con some aspects of him. Like, if you wanted to change him into a bloodthirsty man-eating centaur of the Burning Tree tribe to add a different voice to the party dynamic, or wise old Chiron-type mentor character... or something else entirely... that would be fine with me. As long as his basic stats in the first post of this thread stay the same.

-Scorp

#46 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:41 PM

:ninja: can we just acknowledge this is the face of Castle Blood.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#47 Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

• Nova Patron
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

If you really are bored with your character, I honestly don't mind if you ret-con some aspects of him. Like, if you wanted to change him into a bloodthirsty man-eating centaur of the Burning Tree tribe to add a different voice to the party dynamic, or wise old Chiron-type mentor character... or something else entirely... that would be fine with me.

I love how after you said that Ryoma decided to go for the boodthristy man-eating centaur approach.

Though Chiron might suggest to kill her too.

BUT I WILL STAY ON TEAM RONA TO THE END.

#48 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

Er... he did?

I didn't know suggesting to let a prisoner go made you bloodthirsty and man-eating. :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#49 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:57 PM

Yeah, I was gonna say, I thought Sven was being nice!

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#50 Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

• Nova Patron
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:27 PM

My bad, I read the post wrong.

And, no, freeing a prisoner is not bloodthristy, although it might come back to bite us in the rear later...

#51 HalfBaked139

HalfBaked139

Sergeant

• 1,478 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

Sorry for my inactivity this week - really ended up getting overwhelmed this week. I'll try to catch up and post before the weekend ends.

#52 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

Sorry for my inactivity this week - really ended up getting overwhelmed this week. I'll try to catch up and post before the weekend ends.

He appears! :P

It's fine; I'll give you the weekend to make a post then. You should at least join the others inside the castle. Mastus (Ambad's character) is currently propping up the broken castle door and erecting a hasty fortification to block it, so if you don't come in, you'll get stuck outside and have to find another entrance. In fact I was just writing a post where that happened (Mastus failed a Perception check to notice you), but I can still change it. :lol:

-Scorp

#53 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:44 PM

So, I don't think Rona's technically been healed yet if I'm not missing something, but Vsskyre gave Bloodmoon healing supplies to do it in my latest post. It was a while back, so I'd understand if you missed it, Wolfy.

#54 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:27 AM

Hmm... I guess I'll let that post count, HalfBaked, even though you didn't take much action or say anything. :P

There will be no more time extensions for anyone after this though. The next major DM post will come exactly 7 days from now, OR after all 9 players have posted (with an action or dialogue).

BTW, in regards to the post I'm preparing now: Even though this room I'm describing is the entrance to the actual dungeon, you can still go back and inspect any of the other doors in the entrance hall if you so choose. Really you can do whatever you want - even run away in terror and travel to a different zone... This is Errant after all. :P But anyway, back to posting...

EDIT: Also, I've added a few more skills to everyone's skills list. Everyone now has an ability simply called Inspect, to remind them that they can look more closely at a place or thing in an attempt to discern details they might have missed on first glance. Everyone with Intimidation now has an ability by the same name which can cause enemies to flee. Harry used this in the battle earlier even though it wasn't listed as a skill, so I figured I would add it along with Taunt. :P And finally, everyone with Survival now has Tracking.

-Scorp

#55 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:42 PM

Looks like this weekend we are waiting for... Harry Monster, Ambad, and HalfBaked. You guys have until 12:00 noon Sunday. :P I've decided that I want to write the post some time Sunday evening at the latest.

I tried to provide a bunch of different stuff for people to interact with in the room... but most folks seem reluctant to act. I might have to try to throw a monkey wrench into things in the next major DM post, and try to provoke some really strong reactions from people... hmmm...

Anyway, gonna make a minor interaction post now, and send Burgs and/or Dagoth a PM for their spiritual magic communication with the vine.

-Scorp

#56 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

Sees Scorp's update. Defaults to :ninja:

#57 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:26 PM

Yaaaaaay great job checking for traps everyone. :P Dammit though I completely bought into the reverse psychology of the tiles DESPITE the tests on the black ones. Aaagh.

And Ambad, you're still bleeding, might wanna get someone to look into that. :P

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#58 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:06 PM

EDIT: Welp, I made the mistake of googling how cauterization even works.  :ninja: Maybe we should knock Vehoe out first.

#59 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:15 PM

He's fine, it nicked his shoulder, I took a ballista bolt to the CHEST. Stop bein babies and start workin on progressin through the room. :P

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#60 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

think that's what Driu's doing.

Or he's going to summon a demon from the depths of darkness to kill us all.

...I suppose I'll go back to talking to plants.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users