NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Castle Blood OOC: Rules, Quick Reference, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

This is the OOC topic for Castle Blood. It contains the rules of the RP, a quick reference sheet for all of the characters (including a list of each character's abilities and their current status), and of course conversations about what is going on. Keep an eye on the OP. I will be updating it as the RP progresses.

RULES
First of all, please keep posts relatively short - preferably to a maximum of 3 reasonably sized paragraphs, not counting short dialogue. Just because I want to have time to read them, and if I check the thread to find pages full of huge walls of text then I'm going to be intimidated and fail my will save and flee and possibly cry. Short posts are welcome though. If you and another player want to flood the topic with short back-and-forth dialogue between each other, feel free! That's a fun part of role playing.

There will be a major DM post at least once week, clearly marked as such. Each one of these progresses 'time' in the RP by a round. Any other, unmarked posts I make in the thread are "minor" DM posts (probably responding to conversations or minor actions) and do not count as a new round. A major DM post may occur early if every living player in the RP responds early. Every time a major DM post happens, you have 7 days to respond. If you don't respond with at least a minor action or dialogue in that time, you lose around 25+1d6 percent of your sanity, and the RP timer advances by 1/4 of a round. If you die due to inactivity or drop out, time advances a full round. Note that rounds will not be added "in combat", so it's not like losing a combat turn. It just means that the enemy adventuring party will be that much closer to reaching the source of power at the bottom of the dungeon. If they do reach it before you, the RP will not end, but the ending will change and the final battle will be much harder.

Every round outside combat, you will regenerate 1 health. Sanity is another stat, based on Spirit x 5. Certain events will cause you to lose sanity (usually only if you fail a spirit check). Sanity can only be restored by certain talents. See your individual ability lists. Any loss of sanity below half may cause you to lose control of your character temporarily. Complete loss of sanity will reduce your character to a babbling mess, beyond all help, basically the same as being dead.

Also, a minor note: I will be writing my DM posts in the second-person present tense like a real DM at a tabletop session.  :P But you can feel free to use whatever person and tense makes you feel the most comfortable. If you want to go with SSLF's usual third-person past tense, feel free. Or you could experiment and try something like first-person present! The choice is up to you - I'll figure it out.  ;)

QUICK REFERENCE CHARACTER SHEETS

Metallon (Harry Monster) - Male Minotaur - Fire, Vulcan - Martial Combat, Intimidation, Survival - 13 Str, 6 Ag, 12 Con, 7 Per, 6 Int, 7 Spi, 1 Lck
HEALTH: 0/60 - 
DEAD
SANITY: 9/25
INV: 2 Warhammers, horn armor, loincloth and belts, 3 axes, flint and tinder, spearhead
ABILITIES:

Spoiler

Mastus Ironhoof (Ambad) - Male Minotaur - Clay, Minos - Martial Combat, Intimidation, Acrobatics, Education (Old Achaean and High Imperial) - 12 Str, 6 Agi, 11 Con, 6 Per, 8 Int, 5 Spi, 4 Lck
HEALTH: 0/55 -
DEAD
Spoiler

Fen Ambreeze (Burger Warrior) - Male Pixie - Fire, Animism - Spiritual Connection, Arcane Gift, Arcane Lore, Subtlety - 2 Str, 8 Agi, 2 Con, 9 Per, 9 Int, 14 Spi, 5 Lck
HEALTH: 5/10
SANITY: 58/70
INV: Steel dagger, pack of chalk, Fay clothing, flint and tinder, Fay food
ABILITIES:
Spoiler

Sven Martagh (Ryoma) - Male Centaur - Earth, none - Noble Combat, Charisma, Intimidation, Diplomacy - 7 Str, 6 Agi, 10 Con, 5 Per, 8 Int, 7 Spi, 3 Lck
HEALTH: 0/50 
DEAD
Spoiler

Vsskyre Mahalala (Dagoth) - Female Moth-kin - Shadow, Moon - Spiritual Connection, Herbalism, Marksmanship, Acrobatics - 5 Str, 10 Agi, 5 Con, 7 Per, 8 Int, 10 Spi, 5 Lck
HEALTH: 25/25
SANITY: 40/50
INV: 2 black locust bows, 30 iron arrows, 4 leather bracers, waterskin, flint and tinder, 3 moth-meals
ABILITIES:
Spoiler

Bartholomew "Basim" (Dalton) - Male Bombardier Beetle-man - Earth, none - Martial Combat, Subtlety, Thievery, Herbalism - 6 Str, 8 Agi, 4 Con, 8 Per, 8 Int, 2 Spi, 10 Lck
HEALTH: 20/20
SANITY: 10/10
INV: 4 bandages, clothing, belts, 6 throwing daggers, steel scimitar, iron dirk, 1 rare ingredient, 1 antidote
ABILITIES:
Spoiler

Vehoe Helyrha (GhostlyCheese) - Male Fox-man - Magma, Reynard the Fox Spirit - Subtlety, Education (*), Survival, Acrobatics - 8 Str, 13 Agi, 8 Con, 8 Per, 8 Int, 4 Spi, 5 Lck
HEALTH: 36/40 
M.I.A.
Spoiler

Kairn (HalfBaked) - Male Half-Elf - Lightning, none - Finesse Combat, Charisma, Subtlety - 5 Str, 7 Agi, 4 Con, 6 Per, 6 Int, 6 Spi, 2 Lck
HEALTH: 5/20
 M.I.A.
SANITY: 10/30
INV: Hand-and-a-half sword, empty scabbard, 3 throwing knives, leather armor, long coat
ABILITIES:

Spoiler

Kyle Bloodmoon (Werewolf) - Male Half-Elf Werewolf - Fire, Hermes - Acrobatics, Survival, Martial Combat - 8 Str, 8 Agi, 9 Con, 10 Per, 6 Int, 8 Spi, 2 Lck
HEALTH: 45/45
SANITY: 40/40
INV: Light leather armor, belts, 2-handed battleaxe, 2 steel swords, 3 iron knives, 4 anti-transformation potions, 2 bandages, 2 healing salves, flint and tinder, 3 dried food, waterskin
ABILITIES:
Spoiler

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:02 PM

Oh, and here's a link to the actual RP!: http://forums.saber-...showtopic=10773

Goodness, I hope this works out better than my last RP. :P

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#3 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:10 PM

gallery_1_195_5515.jpg

When the Castle Blood you drew doesn't match the real one (And your character looks more awesome than the one you drew):

giphy.gif

Anyway, this looks much better than mine, even if it has aged much better for some reason...

But seriously Scorp, Bartholomew looks really great. Much better than mine. 

#4 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

Oh whoops, I immediately broke your rule about post length. 8I I'm sorry, I'll be better about that going forward. XD But I'm stoked to get this thing going!

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#5 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:04 PM

When the Castle Blood you drew doesn't match the real one (And your character looks more awesome than the one you drew):

giphy.gif

Anyway, this looks much better than mine, even if it has aged much better for some reason...

But seriously Scorp, Bartholomew looks really great. Much better than mine. 

Aw. I haven't seen your drawing yet, but I'm sure it's great. I enjoy your RP cast drawings.

I based the castle mostly on Dagoth's drawing. :lol: It could be more ruined, yeah. I didn't think about that until near the end, and I wanted to hurry up and post it.

Glad you like the beetle-man. I love insectoids. :D

Oh whoops, I immediately broke your rule about post length. 8I I'm sorry, I'll be better about that going forward. XD But I'm stoked to get this thing going!

It's fine. It's not a hard and fast rule, and it's hard to measure things according to paragraphs when there's lots of short dialogue paragraphs and such. Just as long as there isn't a novella sitting in there waiting for me when I check the thread, I'm fine. :P

EDIT:

Also, a note for GhostlyCheese: You chose Southwestern Wilds as your language to go with the Education talent, but your beast-man already knows that language, so you may pick another one if you like.

-Scorp

#6 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:17 AM

It's fine. It's not a hard and fast rule, and it's hard to measure things according to paragraphs when there's lots of short dialogue paragraphs and such. Just as long as there isn't a novella sitting in there waiting for me when I check the thread, I'm fine. :P

I'll see about adding little summaries at the bottom of my posts to show what actions my character takes. I get the feeling it'll make it easier for you to read combat posts with those, at least.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#7 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:12 PM

Dagoth, dude, your priorities are all messed up. The goal was never to "take the field" or anything, one way or another we're just trying to break through the Imperial lines to make it to the castle. That's it. XD Just trying to clear up the confusion here, but the plan the characters have made so far is to make a little diversion in order to sneak through more effectively, no fighting necessary if it goes well. No more, no less. :P

#8 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

Sorry for taking so long to post. Didn't realize the RP had started until this morning. I'll try to keep up better as this goes along.

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#9 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:45 PM

Dagoth, dude, your priorities are all messed up. The goal was never to "take the field" or anything, one way or another we're just trying to break through the Imperial lines to make it to the castle. That's it. XD Just trying to clear up the confusion here, but the plan the characters have made so far is to make a little diversion in order to sneak through more effectively, no fighting necessary if it goes well. No more, no less. :P

I guess you're right, although I was under the (probably wrong) impression that the castle has guards in it. And in the illustration, the door looks shut. I don't know if it is locked, and maybe it is not; but my concern is that we get into the gate and then get sandwiched in there between the guards outside and the guards inside, unless all the soldiers on the outside are neutralized.

But yeah ignore the first post, that was just me going "aw dang, I have to say something, but I don't have too much time to put thought into it, sooo."

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#10 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:01 PM

Dalton: For the record, you have now crafted a Smoke Bomb and handed it to GhostlyCheese - it's the only type of bomb for which you had the ingredients in your inventory. It does not start a fire, but it will make a bang and a smoke cloud and certainly cause a distraction.

Everyone else: My new post is not a "major DM post" - I'm basically just calling for everyone to declare their actions, if you're going to take any. If you're going to try to sneak into the gorge behind Driu, then make your character fall in behind him. If you are going to try to shoot someone or throw a bomb or take any other kind of action, you can do that too. You can wait for Harry to give the word before taking action, or you can go ahead on your own. Up to you guys.

For anyone who doesn't declare an action, I'll just have them follow somebody. Don't worry, as long as you've posted already, you won't take any Sanity damage for being idle. :P

So far everyone has posted except for Half-Baked. He still has plenty of time though - until Saturday - to speak or declare his course of action. :)

I guess you're right, although I was under the (probably wrong) impression that the castle has guards in it. And in the illustration, the door looks shut. I don't know if it is locked, and maybe it is not; but my concern is that we get into the gate and then get sandwiched in there between the guards outside and the guards inside, unless all the soldiers on the outside are neutralized.

I guess I wasn't very clear on that. For the record, the inside of the castle is not really guarded - at least not by humans. It's full of monsters and traps and evil magic, and most of the Legionnaires are terrified of it and don't even want anything to do with it. Only the party of Imperial "heroes" have entered so far, and they are now somewhere in the dungeons.

-Scorp

#11 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:11 PM

I guess I wasn't very clear on that. For the record, the inside of the castle is not really guarded - at least not by humans. It's full of monsters and traps and evil magic, and most of the Legionnaires are terrified of it and don't even want anything to do with it. Only the party of Imperial "heroes" have entered so far, and they are now somewhere in the dungeons.

Ah okay, I guess I was confused there. Thanks for baring with me, Harry :P

#12 HalfBaked139

HalfBaked139

Sergeant

• 1,478 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

Short post is very short, but I'm still trying to get a handle on what happened at home while I was away. I'll try to be a more active going forward.

#13 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:01 AM

Short post is very short, but I'm still trying to get a handle on what happened at home while I was away. I'll try to be a more active going forward.

That's cool. Glad you could join us, and avoid Sanity damage! :P

The next major DM post goes up today, unless my current crappy Internet goes down again.

edit: And there it is! I hope I didn't forget anything...

-Scorp

#14 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,832 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

Quick reminder to everyone to look at their abilities list in the OP of this thread. For example, those of you with "talking" skills like Intimidation and Charisma get abilities to either increase or reduce the likelihood that enemies will attack you.

I also update player statuses there. For example Ambad is now 50/55 HP and bleeding from the arrow he took in the run through the gorge.

Anyway, I think we're just waiting on Dagoth and HalfBaked to post now. I'm eager to roll some dice! :D

-Scorp

#15 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

I'll try and get it in tonight. I had to write a pretty large confirmatio paper for my senior thesis project.

Edit: and a recent death of an uncle, so a funeral today. And physics.

#16 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

Aaaah you guys don't hurt the Templar, I bet we need her. Just try and tackle her, we're beastmen that shouldn't be hard. :P

#17 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:54 PM

Naaah. Magic is always the solution!

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#18 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

#19 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:32 AM

Okay, thanks to Burgs, this situation now has three possible outcomes:

1. I succeed.

2. Burgs succeeds.

3. Combination of Magic Wind and Thrown Dagger kills the Templar and frigs up any chance of getting any information from her.

In other words, Errant is proceeding as normal.

#20 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:10 AM

I was going to do something similar to Burgs, but I realized it would end in an ineffective dog pile of self-righteous beast folk, magic, explosions, and a still armed human who would be perfectly validated in killing all of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users