NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Castle Blood Sign-Ups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#41 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

4. The Elder Scrolls games got me there. Curses!  :P Maybe I'll find some cool wood, like you say. (EDIT: Black Locust Wood)

Heheh, I knew you were drawing lots of inspiration from TES, since your moth priory immediately made me think of http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Temple_of_the_Ancestor_Moths_(settlement) :lol:

By the way, everyone, sign-ups close on Sunday, March 13! Since I'm on sort of a vacation right now, I plan to start this next week. Right now we have pretty much the perfect number of characters, so unless a whole bunch more people sign up in the next few days, everyone who has signed up so far will probably be accepted.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#42 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:22 PM

Heheh, I knew you were drawing lots of inspiration from TES, since your moth priory immediately made me think of http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Temple_of_the_Ancestor_Moths_(settlement) :lol:

Believe it or not, I've never heard of that, but I have to admit it's a creepy coencidence. I probably took more influence from Indian Lore and The Dark Crystal, subconsciously.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#43 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:01 PM

Believe it or not, I've never heard of that, but I have to admit it's a creepy coencidence. I probably took more influence from Indian Lore and The Dark Crystal, subconsciously.

Oh? Huh. That's cool.

So you never played the Thieves Guild questline in Oblivion? As far as the guild storylines in TES games go, it's actually one of the best, IMO.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#44 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:50 PM

I'm working on a little bit of a cover-picture for the RP and I was wondering: Are you playing as the amazon, the hyetzu, or the werewolf, Wolfy? 

#45 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:29 PM

I'm working on a little bit of a cover-picture for the RP and I was wondering: Are you playing as the amazon, the hyetzu, or the werewolf, Wolfy? 

Ooh, cover pictures are always fun! :P

As for who I'm playing, I'll be either the werewolf or the hyetzu... I'm still undecided... I know should just be the hyetzu due to group dynamics, but I'm still arguing with myself about it. :P Just draw the hyetzu, I guess.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#46 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:43 PM

Sure, but I don't know, having that one human is always entertaining. Plus my character believes religiously that werewolves are sacred arbiters of justice, so it seems to me that there would be an interesting group dynamic, especially since the Moth-kin, specifically the Mahalala, don't know that Lycanthropes are actually just people most of the time who don't want to be werewolves. 

I think that's all assuming I can write all this stuff into the character in a realistic way, but still. 

(EDIT: Either way, the Hyetzu Guy is cool with me also.)

#47 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:57 PM

Hey! That's my Job!

#48 HalfBaked139

HalfBaked139

Sergeant

• 1,478 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:11 PM

I want to participate, but in my rush to pack and travel I forgot to grab my notes. So I've broken out an old favorite - of mine, perhaps not anyone else's. If this will not serve, I fully understand, but I figured I may as well live up to my self-typecasting of characters who are largely coming along for the ride.

Spoiler

#49 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:43 PM

POPULAR

I'll probably finish this tomorrow.

Spoiler

Yeah, so the lowest character is mine, Ghostly's character is to her upper-left, and Ryoma's is to his left. Ambad is in front of her. Dalton, your character is to his upper left. Then below your character is a hyetzu who I'll probably change and next to him is Harry Monster.

#50 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:12 PM

Oh wow, that's already awesome, Dagoth! :o Looks like it could be concept art or a first pass for an area in an isometric RPG. Which, if you know my taste in computer games, means I absolutely love it.

Anyway, that's all folks! Sign-ups are officially closed now. I will try my best to kick off the RP as soon as I can, but I'm going to be suuuuuper busy this week, so it might be a few days. Sorry. But I'll try to make it worth the wait!

-Scorp

#51 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:22 PM

*I mean to say, sign-ups are closed except for Wolfy, who is free to post hers once she picks a character. :P

And by the way, everyone is accepted. But, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask Burger Warrior to choose just one of his characters. Sorry! I just feel like this will work better if everyone is role-playing a single character.

Good luck to all of you in Castle Blood... You'll need it.  :ph34r:

(Random note: Microsoft "Edge" sucks just as much as Internet Explorer. I am using a new-ish computer, and I couldn't edit my post or even double-post until I downloaded and switched to Chrome. How does Microsoft manage to continue sucking so badly. How.)

-Scorp

#52 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

Eh, it's alright. I'll stick with Fen the Pixie, then :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#53 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:20 PM

Dagoth, that drawing is absolutely amazing. I love it. :o

Welp, here it is, then. Made a few changes, and I might make more stat adjustments (read: nitpicks) when it's not 1:30 in the morning. :P

Name: Kyle Bloodmoon

Race: Werewolf (Half Achaean, half Wood Elf)
Affinity: Fire
Deity: Hermes
Faction: None
Talents: Acrobatics, Survival, Martial Combat

Attributes
Strength: 8 (6 + 2)
Agility: 8 (6 + 2)
Constitution: 9 (7 + 2)
Perception: 10 (7 + 3)
Intelligence: 6
Spirit: 8
Luck: 2
(I applied his human form bonuses; his bonuses vary in his other forms, obviously)

Appearance: Standing at a whopping 6'1" (intimidating for someone of half vidralfr blood), Kyle is a tall, strong, and athletic half-elf with broad shoulders and a lean, muscular build. His half-elven blood could be overlooked relatively easily, though his short-cropped, dark hair leaves his pointed ears revealed. However, his close-trimmed beard - really more of a thick stubble - doesn't look terribly elven; his face is strikingly handsome and his voice matches. His skin is tanned, which serves to accentuate his very bright hazel eyes, blue-green with brown around his pupils. He generally wears leather armor and clothing that is lightweight and expendable. He has more than a few scars, including one on his forehead and several on his left forearm that are often revealed, that show his time spent as a warrior.

When transformed, he becomes an enormous and muscular werewolf: every inch of his fur is black as night, and even his claws are black. His eyes turn blood red.

Inventory:
  • Lightweight leather armor that leaves a lot revealed; mostly just a jerkin on his torso and a few straps on his arms, with bracers and boots
  • Two-handed axe on his back
  • Sword on his side
  • 2 knives, one on each hip
  • A good deal of potion supplies and a few potions (including several to keep him from transforming), assorted reagents to make more
  • Bandages
  • Assorted other survival gear: flint and tinder, dried food, waterskin, etc.

Biography: Kyle Bloodmoon - true last name unknown - is the definition of a lone wolf. He refuses to talk about his past and won't tell even the members of the Minoan Alliance how he came to be here or why he was hired to aid in the assault on Castle Blood, but clearly someone very important hired him to be here. Rumors abound about who he is, what he is (ranging from werewolf to vampire to some unknown type of revenant), and where he came from. Whatever the case, he's clearly half human, but he has no allegiance to the Empire. He never stays in one place for long and makes no true commitments, only doing enough jobs to get by and never forming lasting relationships if he can help it. He is an excellent survivor in general and has skill in alchemy, but he's always made it apparent that he trusts no one.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#54 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:18 AM

I'll probably finish this tomorrow.

Spoiler

Oh boy.

This is going to be hard to beat. :D

BTW Dagoth, would you mind editing a thing explaining who's who? I think I've found my character, but I'm not sure...

Anyways, if the sign-ups are closed, that means that a new group picture is on its way!

#55 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:35 AM

Yeah, don't worry man, I drew them with their backs away from the camera and it was more focused on the castle. So actually drawing the party with all their personallity is full game, which is your speciality. I'm not that great at expressions anyway, although I've been learning with a recent comic project.

(EDIT: Also frankly it gives you a chance to fill in for the people who changed characters and other such edits.)

(EDIT: Added some color in.)

#56 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:40 PM

Yeah... sorry for switching characters on ya, there, Dagoth. I talked to Scorp about it and finally made up my mind. :P

That colored drawing is even more breathtaking - I love the lighting and the shadows. This is fantastic work, man. Thanks for drawing something so awesome for the RP. :D

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#57 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

That colored drawing is even more breathtaking - I love the lighting and the shadows. This is fantastic work, man. Thanks for drawing something so awesome for the RP. :D

Yeah. It's really great.

It's annoying that I can't like that post twice. Oh well...

In other news, the Pencil for the Castle Blood is finished, just the inking and coloring to go!

#58 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:40 PM

You guys are on a roll. :P

I edited Kyle a little more, just putting in some specifics and changing his bio very slightly to better fit some of the new changes. Nothing terribly important, but just noting it. With all these drawings going around, I tried to be a little more specific about his attire, too. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#59 Dagoth

Dagoth

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:13 AM

I'm just hoping it gets everyone in the mood. So that it will be fun and immersive and all, but also because I kind of want to not-die  :ninja:

#60 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

Couldn't decide on whether or not to call my Beetle Guy Bartholomew or Basim.

I decided to go with both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users