NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Jump to content


Photo

Damnatio Memoriae


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

#41 Ratcatcher

Ratcatcher

    Yes, I also handle elemental rats

  • Nova Member
  • 801 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

Sounds great! Lucy is probably going to ask one of the guys to room with her. Not in that way. But I'm slightly embarrassed both in-game AND out-of-game to have made a scene...

 

...sorry...



#42 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

    Hulloo! :3

  • Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:55 PM

It's fine, this is more fun than standing alone in the corner like Mettius was originally planning XD


tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480


#43 Ratcatcher

Ratcatcher

    Yes, I also handle elemental rats

  • Nova Member
  • 801 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

Well as long as it wasn't infringing on anybody's experience, I'm happy to have thrown it out there. :P My poor anxious character. She's gone through so much, and it's only the first zone.  :cry:

 

EDIT: Of course, she brought it on herself. :)


Edited by Ratcatcher, 03 February 2016 - 08:03 PM.


#44 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

    Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

  • Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

Well as long as it wasn't infringing on anybody's experience, I'm happy to have thrown it out there. :P My poor anxious character. She's gone through so much, and it's only the first zone.  :cry:

Aawwww. Well, now she has to put up with the anxiety of having the super hot one come over and try to make her feel better!

 

:P


gallery_3_16_497424.gif


#45 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

    Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

  • Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

My attempts to rise some ire amongst the group seems to have blown over super okay... :P

 

I'm hoping to have my DM post up sometime Saturday or maybe even Friday, since I feel like introductions are starting to wind down, and I'd like to find out what people want to do next as soon as possible. You're going to have a choice between two quests, and I might (if I get the chance, but this might be dreaming) start whichever quest people pick sometime mid or late next week, instead of waiting for another weekend.


gallery_3_16_497424.gif


#46 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

    "Dead-Eye Jargon"

  • Nova Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

Name: Inghus Casperius
Gender: Male
Race: Achaean
Affinity: Frost
Deity: Athena
Faction: Inquisition
Talents: Charisma, Education (Southron), Finesse Combat

Attributes
Strength: 7
Agility: 8
Constitution: 6
Perception: 4
Intelligence: 6
Spirit: 7
Luck: 2


Appearance: Inghus stands at a prominent height of just under six foot 3, and is well-muscled from years of conditioning and training. His light-brown hair is long on the top and close-cropped on the sides, with a small goatee. His eyes are a sapphiric blue, and his nose is slightly crooked from being broken as a younger boy and it not having healed properly. Inghus is typically dressed in a suit of chain mail under a tunic bearing the symbol of the Inquisition.

Inventory:
-x1 Black tunic emblazoned with the symbol of the Inquisition
-x1 light void iron chain mail
-x2void iron gladii
-Clothes
-Money

Biography:
Inghus Casperius is the third son in line for the title of Lord Casperius, a noble family in Illikon. Commonly regarded by most as a cold, calculated man, he molded his originally fun self to fit the description. He focused his path of occupation down the way of martial combat, looking into the careers as a soldier in local guard or as a member of the Inquisition. Further enhancement of that demeanor came with the realization of his younger brother Janus' talent in magic. While Inghus and his brother agreed on much, the use of magic that Janus started to practice was too far down the path of evil.

When Inghus tracked down and confronted his half-brother, bringing the use of dark magic into the conversation. Filled with rage and too far corrupted, Janus attacked him, forcing him unconscious. When he recovered from his devastating loss, Inghus decided ultimately what his path would be, to join the Inquisition and bring his brother to justice.

#47 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

    Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

  • Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:00 PM

Name: Inghus Casperius

Sounds awesome. I'll go ahead and insert you into the post I'm working on right now. If you want to catch up on the RP so far, just read my starting DM post for this zone (i.e. the starting post for the topic), and then my previous DM post (I actually just posted it a few minutes ago :P ) about the weather and night falling.

 

The post I'm about to make will go ahead and introduce you to the RP, so feel free to jump right in once I have that one up. I'll add you to the player list. :) 


gallery_3_16_497424.gif


#48 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

    "Dead-Eye Jargon"

  • Nova Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:10 PM

I'll likely have a post up tomorrow, tonight's most likely not gonna turn out any writing usable for this.

#49 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

    Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

  • Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:44 PM

Alright, ya'll, just for funsies I'm going to actually keep track of the rooms. :lol:

 

Room 1: Yaroslava, Shade (on the floor), Mina

Room 2: Ben, Jane (with Ben), Sarael

Room 3: Kristina, Evan, Inghus (floor)

Room 4: Augustin, Cicero

Room 5: Hadrian, Grey

Room 6: Sebastian, Tobias, Stevan (floor)

Room 7: Mettius, Lucy

Room 8: Irena, Malvolio, Gauvain (floor)

 

With DragonJedi joining the group, that means two people will be on the floor. Who's gonna have a backache in the morning? :P


gallery_3_16_497424.gif


#50 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

    Not mad. Just disappointed.

  • Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

Beware bunking with Hadrian. He will snore. You will suffer.


^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!


#51 Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

    Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

  • Nova Patron
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

I totes call sharing a room with Dragonjedi's character. :3

Also, Evan sleepwalks sometimes.

#52 Flammenwerfer

Flammenwerfer

    ɘidwɘИ

  • Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:08 PM

I don't think Gauvain would mind sleeping on the floor.


sbYysQn.jpg

 

---Writing Coming Soon---

 

Star Wars: Stormtroopers


#53 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

    Not mad. Just disappointed.

  • Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

Okay guys I know I did one vote to each side with both of my characters, buuuut I really would prefer to go to Deltalund. The swamps and the sanitarium and the scares sounds like so much fun. Vote Deltalund 2016.


^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!


#54 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

    Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

  • Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, if you guys want to just tell me OOC which quest you'd prefer, then feel free to post here. I'm doing it to present everyone with a choice based on the genre and storyline that interests them more, after all. I'd like to hear your thoughts. That, and we have a lot of "I have two characters so I'm split both ways" going on, which is understandable, but it doesn't really help me determine which one everyone would have more fun playing. :P

 

As for splitting up the group, I could do that in theory, but the main two things holding me back are time constraints (I already am hard pressed for time, but I might be able to swing it anyway, so that's not the larger issue) and - this one mostly - the fact that people might drop out.

 

So, thoughts? Preferences? Should we split the group?


gallery_3_16_497424.gif


#55 Flying Ace

Flying Ace

    BWAH!

  • Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:53 PM

 

But seriously I wouldn't mind a party split. Also I am not oppose to Deltalund if it's easier to just stick to one campaign. 


Posted Image

 


#56 Sareth

Sareth

    Master of Fate

  • Nova Member
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:27 PM

As for splitting up the group, I could do that in theory, but the main two things holding me back are time constraints (I already am hard pressed for time, but I might be able to swing it anyway, so that's not the larger issue) and - this one mostly - the fact that people might drop out.

 

So, thoughts? Preferences? Should we split the group?

 

Well, I have to admit that, tactically speaking (in-character-wise, anyways), it would probably make the most sense to split the party. However, OOC-wise, I'd much rather not risk this RP falling into purgatory because we summarily doubled your workload.

 

As I don't really have a preference between the two quests, I just did my characters' votes (or lack thereof) in line with their IC motivations (the only thing I'd really be comfortable doing, anyway  :P ).

 

So, yeah, I'm good with whichever. But I'd seriously advise against splitting the party, unless you're really-really-ultra-super-duper-mega-really SURE that you can swing it.  :D


"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#57 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

    Hulloo! :3

  • Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, I don't mind which quest we go on, nor do I actually think splitting up would work, either...


tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480


#58 Ratcatcher

Ratcatcher

    Yes, I also handle elemental rats

  • Nova Member
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

I've been using my phone the past couple of days, so I totally missed the DM post. :( But I'll get Lucy's response in tonight.



#59 Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

    Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

  • Nova Patron
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

I'll get a post up tomorrow.

#60 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

    Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

  • Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:53 PM

Well, I don't want to split the party. I can make some convenient thing happen that will force us to the player-preferred quest, if everyone lets me know which one that is. Maybe I could stick a poll in this topic or something. :P

 

But yeah, to be honest, I'm busting my ass every day right now and my workload only gets heavier. I'm going to be grading 20 essays next weekend and then I'm graded on how I graded them, plus I have still more meetings in addition to having to write my own essays and other assignments coming due (plus those pesky every-week, every-day assignments and tons of reading and classes to go to [and teach] in addition to having to hold office hours). I'd prefer not to split the group, simply because my workload already weighs a ton and I'm physically suffering from the stress of it. 8D

 

So, let's just pick one or the other. After giving it some more thought, the idea of splitting the group intimidates me more and more. If I had the time to do that, I could've started that beastfolk group by now, too. :/


gallery_3_16_497424.gif





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

,