• Please log in to reply
940 replies to this topic

#81 Fate

Fate

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image
Although this may not be one of those "memes", Van Gogh can pretty adequately portray my current Uncharted 3 beta-less state.

#82 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

Oh, and OCELOT!

The announcer lady voice! The one that's constantly reminding you to use your kick-backs! It's Jennifer Hale! :wub:

Hell yeah it is! I played a few hours of beta this morning and it's so great having that sultry voice talking to you all the time. She's doing her sexy-whisper-in-your-ear voice with a touch of Renegade Shepard (Five kills to go, try not to die...) She makes it all so much better, as she does for every game. It's like the one thing Uncharted was missing :P

So this game seems pretty good, huh. It took me a few matches to get back into my Uncharted frame of mind; I've been playing inFamous 2 for a week or two and that game's so fast and loose that Uncharted feels a little molasses-y in comparison. But I played a bunch of games, I'm closing in on level 10, and it's pretty great. Unfortunately I'm kind of terrible at it, but what else is new?

I have my awesome games and my terrible ones, but I think I'm somewhere slightly above the middle of the pack on average. I had one amazing Co-op game where my bros and I got all the way to the end of the thing and I made $100,000 or something, so I guess that's how people level up in this game. I saw one guy who was already at level 25, so I imagine he just hasn't slept since the beta started.

The only beta-related problems I've been having were one match where one of the treasure chests wasn't Triangle-able (you could stand infront of it hammering the button and nothing happened) and my PS3 resets when I quit the beta. I'm hoping it saved my progress before shutting itself off...

#83 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

One day. One day, is all Wolfy needed to reach Level 25. One day, and the Uncharted Goddess has already mastered this part of the Beta. Wow.

Anyways, the Beta is definitely a lot of fun. They seem to have worked out all of the major glitches, with only a few minor ones remaining. So far, Uncharted 3 is shaping up to be an awesome game with Multiplayer alone, let alone the epic story that awaits.

Although we did face one really annoying glitch when I was playing with Wolfy and Scorp and Squirrel: It ALWAYS ALWAYS made us the Villains. It was so weird, we never got to be the Heroes. But that was just an oddity. The real problem is that you can't play as Elena. <_<

However, I won't be able to play much tomorrow, since I have to get ready for a trip. And then I'm leaving on Friday, and I won't be back until just after the Beta ends. :( So don't have too much fun without me, guys. :P

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#84 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

Just like in Uncharted 2, co-op is where the money is at. You can make like 130k-200k in a single game and that is just amazing. Of course if you do really good in adversarial, too, you can make a truckload, but it still has nothin' on co-op.

Although I did make like 50 thousand or so in that one adversarial game where I had 19 kills and 2 deaths. I don't know what happened to me in that one - I also don't know what happened to me in some of those matches where I did awful, but I hope that particular thing doesn't happen again.

Anyway, in that awesome match, I got a Fury (and I almost got a Rage except I got all nervous and ended up getting myself killed) plus a Streak right after my Fury ended! And it was super fun! :D Too bad I was Villains... big surprise. -_-

I saw one guy who was already at level 25, so I imagine he just hasn't slept since the beta started.

Hey, I slept! I just played all day yesterday. :P Like, from 9 in the morning to 9 in the evening, taking the occasional short break of about 30 minutes or so.

One day. One day, is all Wolfy needed to reach Level 25. One day, and the Uncharted Goddess has already mastered this part of the Beta. Wow.

:blush:

Although we did face one really annoying glitch when I was playing with Wolfy and Scorp and Squirrel: It ALWAYS ALWAYS made us the Villains. It was so weird, we never got to be the Heroes. But that was just an oddity. The real problem is that you can't play as Elena. <_<

Yeah, tell me about it. <_< I want to play as Nate, dammit. When I can't play as Nate I can't do as well because I need Nate there. He helps me.

And I do find it odd that you can't even play as any kind of female in the beta. Not Elena, Chloe, or even a generic female fortune hunter...

But I am sick and tired of seeing my character kick down Nate and start beating him up in the end of the Airfield Deathmatch levels (which is usually what people play on Deathmatch). I hate to see my ugly bald man in his dorky helmet beating up the personification of awesome (and other things :P ).

And I've never seen Heroes win on Deathmatch Airfield as a result of the game always making us Villains. I want to see them win, dangit.

However, I won't be able to play much tomorrow, since I have to get ready for a trip. And then I'm leaving on Friday, and I won't be back until just after the Beta ends. :( So don't have too much fun without me, guys. :P

Awww. It's such a shame you'll be gone for Co-op Adventure! :(
But have a fun trip! The Uncharted 3 beta is my only vacation this year, probably. :P :/

Anyway, I absolutely love the beta. I really, really do. I'm trying to get in 10 matches of each adversarial type and 5 of each co-op type. In other words, I'm trying to achieve all of the goals that ND has set up to reap rewards that'll be given to you in the retail edition of the game. So far I've downloaded the beta, hit rank 25, and completed 4 treasure sets. So now it's just a matter of playing like 7 more matches of Free For All (ugh) and then waiting for the playlists to be updated every 5 days.

But I honestly love the beta so bloody much that I might play it like crazy anyway. It's just so fun I can't get enough of it. And any/all of you are welcome to join me (although I have to play a lot more Free For All matches before July 4th, like I said) - I'd be happy to have some company during my wild crusading for cash and fun. :P

Oh, and I love how Nate says a wider variety of things when you kill people in co-op now. And I heard him say, "Oh, there goes you day!" so many times that I was just fangirling all over the place. :P

Oh wow, I sooo love the beta. I really really do. This has only enhanced my excitement for some actual Uncharted 3 story and stuff. I cannot wait. :wub:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#85 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

...I guess I should download the beta then, right? Instead of just playing TF2 and makng comics all day, right? Someone'll need to hold my hand through co-op, though.

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#86 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,934 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

I have my awesome games and my terrible ones, but I think I'm somewhere slightly above the middle of the pack on average. I had one amazing Co-op game where my bros and I got all the way to the end of the thing and I made $100,000 or something, so I guess that's how people level up in this game. I saw one guy who was already at level 25, so I imagine he just hasn't slept since the beta started.

The only beta-related problems I've been having were one match where one of the treasure chests wasn't Triangle-able (you could stand infront of it hammering the button and nothing happened) and my PS3 resets when I quit the beta. I'm hoping it saved my progress before shutting itself off...

One day, one day you will have to join us in a game, Ocelot. You can't hide forever. :P Wolfy and Harry and I finished several coop games. We could have you rolling in cash in no time.

And yeah, I had that problem as well. The chests thing, not the PS3 shutting itself off. Sometimes it froze up on me though, and I had to cut it off manually.

Well yeah, we played all day long. :lol: I got to level 24, I think. I'm sure I'll 25 if we play anymore today. Somehow I'm guessing we will.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#87 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

Alright, so ND posted something about my problem and how to fix it. So I'm playing.

Just like in Uncharted 2, co-op is still my favorite. I've only played one or two games so far, but those one or two games were really freakin' fun. I also really like the customization of characters, the loadouts, all that fun stuff. And the kickbacks! YES.

Anyways, I'm gonna find all your PSNs and add you guys seeing as how I only have like, 3 friends who go on PSN and none of them play Uncharted. And I want to play with people I know. Mainly because I hate listening to the whiny little 8 year olds who just got mics and literally cannot shut up even when their other teammates blow them up with grenades, RPGs and M9s. :o M9s!!!! I love the M9, too, guys. My favorite gun so far.

Posted Image

#88 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

...I guess I should download the beta then, right? Instead of just playing TF2 and makng comics all day, right? Someone'll need to hold my hand through co-op, though.

I can hold your hand. I can hold both hands. I can hold everyone's hands. :P I looooove co-op! :D

Granted, I'm not nearly as adept at co-op in Uncharted 3 as I am in Uncharted 2 just yet, so that might be an exaggeration. :P

Anyways, I'm gonna find all your PSNs and add you guys seeing as how I only have like, 3 friends who go on PSN and none of them play Uncharted.

My PSN is MaverickWerewolf. ;)

Anyway, I'm going to play some Free For All in just a few minutes before the midday rush arrives and everyone is online wanting to play co-op and team deathmatch. :P

EDIT: Oh my GOSH, I did awesome in those FFA games! :D I must be lucky this morning. I played 10 and won 8 of them in first place with an average of, like, 15 kills and 6 deaths. The other two I narrowly got second place. That was awesome. I mean, I'm awful at Free For All. I always have been - in everything - so this is just making me giddy. :P

So yeah, I'm still on if anyone cares to join me. And I'm up for anything. I've now completed all the requirements from the playlist that's currently available.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#89 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

Mazzy Fentan is ordering me around... :wub:

Anyway, 'twas awesome games, Scorpius and Wolfy. :) It wouldn't surprise me if Naughty Dog removed Wolfy's level cap because of her dominating the co-op in Uncharted 2. :P

#90 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,934 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

We're not even sure what the level cap is now. Wolfy thought it was 25, but this morning she hit 26, and we played with some dude who was 29.

Anyway, it's still a little buggy. A minute ago we were playing with Semi, and I got stuck inside of a crate somehow, with no way out. I tried fragging myself, but then Wolfy healed me with the co-op healing ability! :P So I had no way out, until finally it ended the game with a Time Up. Then our PS3's froze. :rolleyes:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#91 Fenris

Fenris

• 1,476 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

Odd... I haven't experienced a single bug or glitch yet... I mean, the adversarial melee is almost as horribly broken as in UC2, but I didn't really expect anything of it. My tactic is still to drop a grenade at your feet if the enemy hits you first. :rolleyes:

I am a little disappointed that Chloe isn't an available character, but playing as random black guy is fun too. From now on you will call him Earl.

EDIT: No wait, you will call him Earl Argyle Zeus.

Edited by Fenris, 30 June 2011 - 12:09 AM.

#92 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

Anyways, I'm gonna find all your PSNs and add you guys seeing as how I only have like, 3 friends who go on PSN and none of them play Uncharted.

I'm "Harry_Monster_" with 2 underscores.

And I might be able to get on later this evening, if anyone will still be online.

#93 Xero

Xero

Quad Damage

• Nova Member
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:11 AM

I'd love to do some co-op in the Beta if anyone's game.

#94 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:49 AM

And I might be able to get on later this evening, if anyone will still be online.

I'll probably come on this evening around 7 or so - after supper sometime. I gotta go before 10, though.

I'd love to do some co-op in the Beta if anyone's game.

I'll be game later on this evening, probably. I'm going to take a break for a few hours.

Awesome games, Fenris and Scorpy. All of them. I liked that last one where Earl and... whatever Justin's guy's name is and whatever my guy's name is all rocked. :P My dude needs a name. Maybe I'll just start calling him Wu?

The co-op is fun at first, but it gets old really fast with only one type (Arena) and only two maps available. I want Co-op Adventure. :( The co-op is also sooo easy in general that it's just kinda boring. It needs more mutants and stuff like that. :P

I noticed there's a medal called "Gate Keeper" listed under the co-op medals, and you apparently get it for "Killing a co-op boss."
Co-op... boss? :wub: DO WANT.

EDIT: Oh, and yeah, apparently 25 isn't the level cap. I'm level 29 now, and I guess I'll probably be 30 either tonight or tomorrow depending on how much more I play. I'll probably be rank 50 or something before this beta is over with, unless they stop me. :lol:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#95 Fenris

Fenris

• 1,476 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

Awesome games, Fenris and Scorpy. All of them. I liked that last one where Earl and... whatever Justin's guy's name is and whatever my guy's name is all rocked. :P My dude needs a name. Maybe I'll just start calling him Wu?

Aye, 'twas most satisfying and awesome indeed. Me and Scorp played a co-op match after you left, and unfortunately some invalid bloke thought he could come and ruin our game. Well, he did. He sniped Scorp when I was about to save him from a choker, he blew me up more than once, and he attempted to high-five me after almost every kill. YO AIN'T WORTHY OF TOUCHING THE EARL, FOO!

EDIT: BTW, I vote we call your guy Chow. :P

Edited by Fenris, 30 June 2011 - 02:02 AM.

#96 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

I'll probably come on this evening around 7 or so - after supper sometime. I gotta go before 10, though.

Cool, I think I could make it there.

The co-op is fun at first, but it gets old really fast with only one type (Arena) and only two maps available. I want Co-op Adventure. :( The co-op is also sooo easy in general that it's just kinda boring. It needs more mutants and stuff like that. :P

I noticed there's a medal called "Gate Keeper" listed under the co-op medals, and you apparently get it for "Killing a co-op boss."
Co-op... boss? :wub: DO WANT.

Yeah. And I think the environments should be more dangerous too. Like you should have to worry constantly about getting strafed by airplanes and exploding cars and collapsing buildings. :P

AAAUGH NOO I DON'T WANT TO MISS THAT! AAAAHH!!! :( I can't even figure out how to look at the medals, either. :/

#97 Azoth

Azoth

• 1,314 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:07 AM

Man, I love some of the things Nathan says. Like, "Oh, that's your neck" when he's fist-fighting, or "Bet that ruined your day" when he fires an RPG at a group of three guys. Quite funny.

Posted Image

#98 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:34 AM

Aye, 'twas most satisfying and awesome indeed. Me and Scorp played a co-op match after you left, and unfortunately some invalid bloke thought he could come and ruin our game. Well, he did. He sniped Scorp when I was about to save him from a choker, he blew me up more than once, and he attempted to high-five me after almost every kill. YO AIN'T WORTHY OF TOUCHING THE EARL, FOO!

EDIT: BTW, I vote we call your guy Chow. :P

Yeah, Scorpy told me about that guy. Makes me feel bad that I left. :/

Chow? No way! I'll be calling him Wu from now on. :P

Cool, I think I could make it there.

Awesome, looking forward to it. :D

AAAUGH NOO I DON'T WANT TO MISS THAT! AAAAHH!!! :( I can't even figure out how to look at the medals, either. :/

:(
You look at medals by going into the main menu where you access matchmaking and all that other stuff and then selecting Records. Then go to Medals. You can also view your Treasure Sets that way by just selecting Treasures (although you have to only have one person in your party to view those, for some reason).

Man, I love some of the things Nathan says. Like, "Oh, that's your neck" when he's fist-fighting, or "Bet that ruined your day" when he fires an RPG at a group of three guys. Quite funny.

I'm tempted to make a complete list of everything I've heard Nate say. :P

He seems to say "Oh, there goes your day!" a lot more often now. I love it. That's one of my favorites. :D

I also got to hear one of my favorite variations of "I will kick you to sleep." To be precise, the very loud and growly, "OHHH, I WILL KICK YOU TO SLEEP!!!" :P :D

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#99 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,934 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:39 AM

Yeah, that guy... ugh. I was pleased to see that it gave me the option to kick him when he RPG'd us both there at the end. In Uncharted 2 adversarial, people could get away with as many TK's as they liked without any option to boot them ever appearing. I gave him the buck, but the game ended immediately thereafter.

Too bad there's no way to just 2-man co-op yet.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#100 Azoth

Azoth

• 1,314 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

He seems to say "Oh, there goes your day!" a lot more often now. I love it. That's one of my favorites. :D

Ah, that's what the quote was. Wasn't sure if it was that or the other one I said. Ah well, I came close (sort of) :P.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Uncharted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users