Herbert's necromantic art topic

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Araius

Araius

Self-loather

• 106 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:33 PM

Love the contrast in the Red Spring piece. There's a lot of brilliant color use. The design of the duster/trench coat is well done and I like how you treated the gloved hands, as well. I'm interested to see where he takes the whole thing.

Untitled-1.jpg

#22 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,839 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:16 PM

I was at school when I made my comment and ran out of time to talk about your mask, so here it is. The shading on the piece is really well done and looks 3D. The simple lines around the mask cause it to look 3D and it's just a really nice piece as well.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#23 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Patron
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

Really interested in the art direction of Red Spring. Very intriguing.

As always, love your simple avatars- new one is no exception.

I've had a lot of fun working with Sparkie on a visual direction, from the get go we were very much of one mind on the fact that a straight sci-fi look wouldn't work. The look hasn't fully coalesced yet, but it will hybridize some of our favorite visual things, with western, noir, and sci-fi elements throughout, with different elements getting emphasized more or less heavily based on the needs of the moment.

Another thing I'm playing with is different characters having different colours associated with them, Dag here has coppery-green elements throughout, his compatriot April will have a focus on red and such like, time will tell if it works or not, because I learn something new every time I pick up a pen.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#24 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Patron
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:29 AM

POPULAR

PhOa3J9.jpg
Just a quick and dirty doodle I did

#25 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Patron
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:13 PM

POPULAR

Hoyyy boys and girls, got a big one for you this time, there's a penciling, there's painting, there's a graphic design-type thing, warning, they're all xbox-hueg so you can see all the things I messed up in great detail

Spoiler

painting thing

Spoiler

some graphic design
Spoiler

#26 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Self-Ejected
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

Is that acrylic paint on the second piece? Looks great!

#27 Araius

Araius

Self-loather

• 106 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:14 PM

Really love the drawing. Great lighting, atmosphere, and depth, and plenty of well-wrought detail in the grass, stone walls, wood gate, and armor. The little goblins seem a bit confusing scale-wise, for me. Like, the one in the back looks about a full brick or so taller than the foremost one. The way the gate protrudes from the wall is wonderful, and I really dig how illustrative it all is. Fantastic piece, overall. 

The painting is also cool. Love how you handled the color, particularly the monochrome portion. 

And the Dirty Harry piece is neat. My favorite thing is the angled composition - how it guides your eye down the barrel of the gun. Very simple, but very aggressive and incredibly appropriate given the inspiration. I appreciate that you cut the image off before the end of the barrel is reached, since it helps heighten the sense of lingering apprehension.

Untitled-1.jpg

#28 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Patron
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

I'm blowing the dust off of this here topic to share with y'all a goodie
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users