NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - The Skaldsong Tavern ((Delving Too Deep - START))

69 replies to this topic

#41 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

"Maybe," Huo Shiye said, stroking his chin "or maybe I've just chosen a bad time to visit."​

​"It's both, I'm afraid." Belaya replied, and took a sip of her drink.

"Nomads are something I am familiar with," the Easterner said "Wood Elves are not. Most humanoid creatures that inhabit forests in the east aren't too friendly."

​"I know you haven't seen much in this land, what else is new to you here?" She asked in reply. "I... I apologize, I'm sorry for so many questions, I don't meet many travelers."

21.jpg

#42 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:29 AM

For a moment, Korvarl was perfectly fine with this lad, Elisario.

Then he gestured over to the bar. "I was going to get another ale. Care to join me?" He asked Elnira. The dwarf lady. His dwarf lady.

Silvershield’s expression went grim, and he completely missed her cheerful reply. He could only assume she was appalled that a human was clearly making moves on her. Agni was competition, maybe, but Elisario? He was breaking the laws of nature. Korvarl’s eyes narrowed as he focused on the Southron, and he put himself between the young lass and the relatively tall rogue, thick arms weaving into each other across his broad chest.

“Why don’t y’look fer a pretty young human lass to go an’ woo, ‘Ellie’?” The stumpy dwarf suggested in a tone as hard as stone. “Leave dwarves to the dwarves, eh?”

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#43 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

Agni was finishing off another drink - he'd lost count how many that was now - when Garandros pushed his way through everyone, made his mark, and then turned to the dwarf.

"We take the wild path." It was a statement, not a question. "There are too many here to pass through civilisation without questions being asked."

The dwarf chuckled and shrugged. "Don't look at me, laddie. I ain't leadin' this crazy band around."

He took the contract, which everyone had now either signed or marked, and began the long process of rolling it up again.

"I'm headin' up ter bed, ladies 'n' gentlemen!" announced the dwarf. "If any o' ye have burnin' questions, come knock on me door. Otherwise, please don't. Just get that sword, and I'll hopefully see ye in the comin' months. Best o' luck - and gods be with ye."

---

Meanwhile, Caiden descended the stairs again, returning from his room. He did not, however, mingle with any of his newfound traveling companions. Instead, he headed straight for an empty corner of the bar and ordered himself a drink and a meal large enough for at least two, getting prompt service from a lovely waitress who tried to flirt with him. The Venator thanked her politely - but didn't flirt back.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#44 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

"It's both, I'm afraid."

Huo Shiye sat quietly, thinking about how this was also true about the East at times.

​"I know you haven't seen much in this land, what else is new to you here? I... I apologize, I'm sorry for so many questions, I don't meet many travelers."

"The friendliness of most of the people I encounter." Huo said, as he finished the last of his meal "The people of the East are very hospitable, but the people I meet, at least up here in Northrim, seem friendlier."

He then looked at the woman and asked "I don't believe I know your name. I am Huo Shiye, the wandering priest, and you are?"

#45 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

Elmira beamed again. "That sounds lovely. What did your father study?"

Before Elisario could reply, Korvarl crossed in front of him, burly arms crossed, his face grim.

“Why don’t y’look fer a pretty young human lass to go an’ woo, ‘Ellie’?” The stumpy dwarf suggested in a tone as hard as stone. “Leave dwarves to the dwarves, eh?”

“Now listen, Korvarl,” Elisario glared. “I was just making conversation and getting a drink. You’re quite welcome to join us. If you do, please be civil.”

He turned to answer Elmira. “Last that I spoke with him, my father was deep into researching the existence of the Eldvergar. He was certain that he was nearing a breakthrough, but I’m not sure if he ever found it.”

"Suit yourself." the Templar said, and the two then made their way to the bar, where they got their drinks.

"No, I'm actually on leave," Malvolio said as he paid the bartender for his drink "I've just finished up with my latest mission, and I'm currently up for a promotion. While the Knights-Templar decide on whether or not I should get it, they decided to let me go for a while."

Njarine nodded while listening, taking quick drinks of her beer.

He then turned to the Channeler and said "So you could say I'm doing this in my free time. How about yourself?"

“Free time would probably work the best for me as well. I had tracked a user of demonic magic near Kvasirsal before putting the maleficar down. I’m free for at least another month, pending an emergency.”  

#46 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:04 PM

“Now listen, Korvarl,” Elisario glared. “I was just making conversation and getting a drink. You’re quite welcome to join us. If you do, please be civil.”

The dwarf ground his teeth irritably, but held his ground. Surely Elmira would back him up, and together they’d take this human boy down a few inches. Surely.

-----

Shortly after Caiden returned from upstairs, a young elf lady descended, adjusting a traveling cloak before pausing at the base of the stairs. She glanced over the crowd of adventurers with some interest - and her eyes seemed to dwell on Agethar for little longer than most, a mischievous gleam in her eye - before she shifted gears and headed over to Caid, taking a seat by him. Fortunately for the waitress who’d tried flirting with him, the pix- ahem, elf had missed the attempt.

“I maaade it.” Percula Saffron grinned, before glancing over at the group of adventurers and their discussion. “...Wow, we sure got a mixed bag this time. Are those real, live dwarves?” She asked him quietly, seeming to take a fascination with the short, bearded folk in particular. And elves, and humans, and Aggie…

#47 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

“I maaade it.” Percula Saffron grinned, before glancing over at the group of adventurers and their discussion. “...Wow, we sure got a mixed bag this time. Are those real, live dwarves?” She asked him quietly, seeming to take a fascination with the short, bearded folk in particular.

"Mhm," Caiden replied quietly - his voice lost in the cacophony of the tavern to anyone except Percula - glancing over to them as well as he swallowed entirely too large a mouthful of food. "And other Venatori, and a Templar and Inquisitor... gods know why."

He gave a nod to the waitress who'd served him before, and a glass of wine and a plate with a variety of food - including prominently a jar of fresh honey for flavoring the bread - was placed in front of Percula.

"Told you they had nice food here," the Venator said as he shoved a handful of silver coins across the bar. "If you don't eat it all, I can finish it," he added. Given he'd already cleaned half his already oversized plate, that would have seemed unlikely, but he still hadn't slowed down. Granted, his plate was mostly meat, unlike hers.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#48 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

Allya pinched the bridge of her nose in exasperation as Korvarl and Elisario started arguing over who Elmira would have a drink with; their argument was threatening to give her a headache.

"Look, Korvarl, you've known her for all of five minutes. Why do you care—and what gives you any say—about who she chooses to spend time with?" she said, trying to reason with the dwarf.

Still, she didn't have terribly high hopes. Men could be idiots when it came to women...

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#49 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

"Mhm," Caiden replied quietly - his voice lost in the cacophony of the tavern to anyone except Percula - glancing over to them as well as he swallowed entirely too large a mouthful of food. "And other Venatori, and a Templar and Inquisitor... gods know why."

“Maybe they got lost trying to have a picnic?” Saffron grinned cheekily. “Now careful you taste your food a little, Caid. It deserves that much.” She couldn’t help but tease, as well.

He gave a nod to the waitress who'd served him before, and a glass of wine and a plate with a variety of food - including prominently a jar of fresh honey for flavoring the bread - was placed in front of Percula. The pix- elf’s stomach let out a quiet growl as she both realized how hungry she felt and how good the food looked.

"Told you they had nice food here," the Venator said as he shoved a handful of silver coins across the bar. "If you don't eat it all, I can finish it," he added. Given he'd already cleaned half his already oversized plate, that would have seemed unlikely, but he still hadn't slowed down.

That didn’t seem to surprise the elf, ahem, as she began tasting the various foods on her plate, though she did stick her tongue out at Caiden. “Oh I know you can,” Percula confirmed with a grin. “But for your information it’s been awhile since I’ve had food that you haven’t gotten to first. So mind your own plate, O Bottomless Pit.” She snickered, popping a grape in her mouth with the style and grace that befitted the race she most definitely wasn’t just pretending to be.

-----

((Gonna let Elmira say something before I continue with Korvarl :P ))

#50 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:58 AM

“Now listen, Korvarl,” Elisario glared. “I was just making conversation and getting a drink. You’re quite welcome to join us. If you do, please be civil.”

Elnira glanced between the two, already uncomfortable. This was a rather unexpected situation to say the least.

Both were looking at her, seemingly leaving her with the task of defusing a rather tense standoff.

"I umm... I think we.. I think... Why don't we all have that drink and get to know each other better." She smiled brightly. "I'm sure we have plenty in common!"

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#51 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:58 AM

"Look, Korvarl, you've known her for all of five minutes. Why do you care—and what gives you any say—about who she chooses to spend time with?" added the nearby elf.

Elnira smiled her thanks, grateful to have some help.

"Would you like to join us?"

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#52 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

Agethar decided that he should probably eat something before heading off to his room. It was late, and it would make more sense if they left in the morning than right now.

As he made his way past the bar he noticed Caiden and made his way over.

"Good tae see that ye've joined us again," he said as he sat down next to the fellow venator and ordered himself some food "I though I would be stuck with that other guy - Garandos - fer the rest o' th' evenin'."

He then looked over and noticed the short-looking elf woman who sat next to him and asked "And who's yer friend?"

---

Free time would probably work the best for me as well. I had tracked a user of demonic magic near Kvasirsal before putting the maleficar down. I’m free for at least another month, pending an emergency.

Malvolio said nothing as he took a sip from his mug of ale.

#53 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

"I umm... I think we.. I think... Why don't we all have that drink and get to know each other better." She smiled brightly. "I'm sure we have plenty in common!"

"That sounds like a wonderful plan to me!" Elisario replied, the corners of his mouth turned upward in a small smile.

He turned to Korvarl. "Can I buy you a drink, as a show of good faith? We'll be working together for Ormazd knows how long, and I would prefer to be friends rather than rivals with you."

#54 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

"I umm... I think we.. I think... Why don't we all have that drink and get to know each other better. I'm sure we have plenty in common! ...Would you like to join us?"

"A fine idea" Allya said. "I would be happy to."

"That sounds like a wonderful plan to me! Can I buy you a drink, as a show of good faith? We'll be working together for Ormazd knows how long, and I would prefer to be friends rather than rivals with you."

"Now that that is settled"—she cast a warning glance at Korvarl—"shall we?" she suggested, gesturing towards the bar.

"So, Elmira, what is it that you are a scholar of?" she asked as she made her way over to the bar.

"So you could say I'm doing this in my free time. How about yourself?"

“Free time would probably work the best for me as well. I had tracked a user of demonic magic near Kvasirsal before putting the maleficar down. I’m free for at least another month, pending an emergency.”

Valya—who was sitting a couple seats over at the bar, drinking enthusiastically—grunted in amusement. "So much free time? One might question if your Imperial orders even need you at all, if they let you go so easily" she said. 

She had never really understood why people would join such orders. For family, for country, for money, or even just for fun—those were reasons for fighting she could understand. But why someone would subjugate themselves to another's will, to such a rigid system, in pursuit of a broad ideal—there were very few such that she considered worth a damn—she would never understand. People, in her view, earned being killed on a personal basis—not a group one.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#55 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

Korvarl finally heard Elnira pipe up from behind him… though to his growing dismay, she seemed at the very least uncertain, if not plain uncomfortable.

Silvershield was appalled. She not only wanted them all to be friends, but though he and Elisario could just… talk this out? She thought they’d have plenty in common? Korvarl slowly turned to stare at her, barely registering Allya’s speech as she cut in.

"That sounds like a wonderful plan to me!" Elisario replied, the corners of his mouth turned upward in a small smile.

He turned to Korvarl. "Can I buy you a drink, as a show of good faith? We'll be working together for Ormazd knows how long, and I would prefer to be friends rather than rivals with you."

The dwarf was perfectly fine with them remaining rivals, since this human couldn’t be bothered to learn his damn lesson. Before he could put that into words, however, Allya spoke again.

"Now that that is settled"—she cast a warning glance at Korvarl—"shall we?" she suggested, gesturing towards the bar.

Silvershield returned the glance with a scowl, grumbling into his beard but deciding he’d let this go… this time. Given a few liters of beer he’d be ready to bash each and every one of their stupid heads in. Show ‘em what it feels to have your pride an’ culture tossed out th’window…

As it was, Korvarl kept his arms cross but trailed after the other three as they approached the bar.

-----

Percula glanced up as Agethar strode over, grinning… not entirely wholesomely at the Nordling towering over her. She seemed to be preparing some cutting greeting when, much to her evident disappointment, he addressed Caid, talking - pretty much literally - over her. It didn’t help that what he said was so incredibly ironic it hurt.

"Good tae see that ye've joined us again," he said as he sat down next to the fellow venator and ordered himself some food. "I though I would be stuck with that other guy - Garandos - fer the rest o' th' evenin'."

It’s a small world… Saffron thought, tapping her fingers on the table… which left small, frozen patches.

Finally, Agether noticed her and asked "And who's yer friend?"

“Call me Perky.” She smiled, seeming polite and cheerful. “And you’re Ags, right?” Percula asked innocently. Hehehee… “Caid’s told me sooo much about you.” She added for good measure, still working away at her plate.

#56 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:35 PM

"Now that that is settled"—Allya cast a warning glance at Korvarl—"shall we?" she suggested, gesturing towards the bar.

"Sounds like a good plan to me," Elisario nodded. He missed the dwarf's scowl, but he wouldn't have been suprised if he had seen it. Whatever Korvarl's major malfunction was, Elisario wasn't particularly interested in fighting someone he would be working with for the coming months. 
The other Nordling woman, sitting a few seats over, grunted in amusement. "So much free time? One might question if your Imperial orders even need you at all, if they let you go so easily" she said. 

"Sometimes I question it myself," Njarine replied. "But the Inquisition took me, a broken woman, in, and transformed me into someone I am proud of being. I take pride in the fact that I am protecting the folk of the Empire." 

#57 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

“Maybe they got lost trying to have a picnic?” Saffron grinned cheekily. “Now careful you taste your food a little, Caid. It deserves that much.” She couldn’t help but tease, as well.

Caiden merely grunted something that Percula knew meant he heard her but wasn't going to listen.

His comment about the food didn’t seem to surprise Percula as she began tasting the various foods on her plate, though she did stick her tongue out at Caiden. “Oh I know you can,” Percula confirmed with a grin. “But for your information it’s been awhile since I’ve had food that you haven’t gotten to first. So mind your own plate, O Bottomless Pit.”

Even Caiden gave the subtlest, almost invisible, hint of a smile at one corner of his mouth as he looked at her and replied, "Will do."

It wasn't long after that when Agethar came over and sat by Caiden's other side. "Good tae see that ye've joined us again," he said as he sat down next to the fellow venator and ordered himself some food. "I though I would be stuck with that other guy - Garandos - fer the rest o' th' evenin'."

Voros merely nodded.

The waitress, meanwhile, said amicably regarding Agethar's order, "Be two silvers for the full meal, sir."

Agethar then looked over and noticed the short-looking elf woman who sat next to him and asked, "And who's yer friend?"

“Call me Perky.” She smiled, seeming polite and cheerful. Caiden said nothing. “And you’re Ags, right?” Percula asked innocently. “Caid’s told me sooo much about you.” She added for good measure, still working away at her plate.

Caiden confirmed this with a slight nod, though he did subtly glance in Percula's direction with mild annoyance only she could read in his eye - though she also could tell he had fully expected something like this.

"We've been traveling together for a while now," he clarified for Agethar's sake, though he left it at that.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#58 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:16 AM

"Be two silvers for the full meal, sir."

Agethar produced the money and handed it to the Waitress.

Call me Perky. And you’re Ags, right? Caid’s told me sooo much about you.” 

"We've been traveling together for a while now."

"Really?" Agethar said, raising an eyebrow "Because he hasnae told me about ye.

"It is understandable an' all, with me nae seein' him fer a while." he elaborated quickly  "I heard that ye and some others went off tae Artorius tae deal wid some mages o' some sort: I would'ave gone wid ye, but I was on a mission at th' time, and didnae hear about it until it was too late."

---

"So much free time? One might question if your Imperial orders even need you at all, if they let you go so easily."

"I assume that even you get tired of killing things for an extended period of time." Malvolio said irritably "In any case, it's rare for me to get time off like this anyway, what with protecting the common-folk from threats from the Underworld and all."

#59 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:39 AM

He then looked at the woman and asked "I don't believe I know your name. I am Huo Shiye, the wandering priest, and you are?"​

​"Belaya Orious... no titles, but you could say my profession was ​a hunter, now I am not so sure." Belaya trailed away, extending her hand to the man. "I think this will be a fine expedition."

21.jpg

#60 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

The waitress smiled at Agethar, taking the coins and placing before him a fine meal with a leg of mutton, some honey and bread, and another ale. ((Agethar, LOST - 2 silver))

"It is understandable an' all, with me nae seein' him fer a while," Agethar elaborated quickly. "I heard that ye and some others went off tae Artorius tae deal wid some mages o' some sort: I would'ave gone wid ye, but I was on a mission at th' time, and didnae hear about it until it was too late."

Caiden nodded. "It's fine," he replied. "We succeeded. I probably should've been hunting with other Venatori instead, but we did some good, so it wasn't a waste."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users