NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - The Skaldsong Tavern ((Delving Too Deep - START))

69 replies to this topic

#21 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

"If the perils of a mere mortal swamp would make them abandon this quest, then would they not flee at the first sight of whatever stalks the halls of Dimmlundar? Would you even want such a person at your side when facing the forces of darkness? Best to know the mettle of your comrades sooner than late, I say" Valya countered.

Korvarl looked faintly surprised at the rebuttal, before he offered a noncommittal shrug. “Still, logist’cs. Can’t jus’ wander around a swamp an expect t’have enough supplies fer a ‘dungeon crawl’.”

-----

"Oh? For all you know, I could be an albino svartalfar" she said lightly, a smirk pulling at the corner of her mouth for a moment.

He chuckled, sizing her up half-jokingly. “Eh, too pretty.” Korvarl chortled, turning his attention back to the contract.

"Let me know if there's anything interesting in there, would you?" she asked Korvarl.

The dwarf shrugged, gesturing to an especially long and complex word that had at least six syllables in it. “Depends on what y’find interestin’, lass.” He said with a perfectly straight face… before a chuckle snuck out and a grin pulled at his mouth. “It’s all gibber’sh, even to a learned dwarf like m’self, bu’ it’s nothin’ you wouldn’t expect. Seems safe enough t’sign…” He joked, taking the pen and carefully adding his name in bold, runic print.

As he signed, he heard someone say their name in his and the elf’s general direction and mention ‘the both of you’. Rather than give whichever human it was a proper greeting, Silvershield offered an almost flippant wave over his shoulder.

If this human just threw names out all over the place, Korvarl preferred not to give him more ammunition.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#22 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

“Still, logist’cs. Can’t jus’ wander around a swamp an expect t’have enough supplies fer a ‘dungeon crawl’.”

Valya simply shrugged, not knowing what to say to that.

“Depends on what y’find interestin’, lass. It’s all gibber’sh, even to a learned dwarf like m’self, bu’ it’s nothin’ you wouldn’t expect. Seems safe enough t’sign…”

"Well, that's good to know" Allya said dryly. Once Korvari had finished signing, she took the pen and signed herself; her handwriting was normally exceptionally neat, but she did her signature fast and messily: so that one could hardly tell what it said, or even what language it was in—she figured some present might take serious umbrage if they noticed demonic text.

"Elisario Khampale. Pleasure to meet the both of you."

She turned in her seat and returned the man's nod, before she noticed his skin color. "What's a man of Parsanshar doing this far north?" she inquired.

"I have no problems with a bloodbath. I'm not sure how many of the people here would be able to survive a bloodbath with demons. You might be able to, but can you honestly say that anyone else besides those with the right training could survive?"

Valya shrugged unconcernedly. "I'll kill anything threatening we encounter. But we all've been given the same information; I assume anyone who's going has judged the threat for themselves and decided they can deal with it. If they erred in that judgment, it's no fault of mine" she said bluntly.

She tuned out the conversation for a few moments as a young man joined in. She was thinking about getting a drink if this went on much longer. These people spent far too much time worrying and arguing about the unknowable future.

"Ser Templar, even if this group doesn't have the extensive training of the Templars or Inquisition, we have several Venators. As for the rest of the group, they all appear to have some combat experience and we can supplement for what becomes hazardous to the group's wellbeing."

Vayla grunted in approval. "At least you have some guts" she said to the Inquisitor. "Valya Catseye" she introduced herself.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#23 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:01 AM

Elnira panted as she burst through the door, her face a bright red. The ugly cat carried under her arm yowled indignantly and wriggled free, seizing the brief moment of stillness.

A crowd seemed to be gathered around a table in the middle of the room, but her diminutive stature made it impossible to see what was going on. 

"Excuse me!" she squeaked breathlessly as she made her way through the gathered throngs. Reaching the centre she was intrigued to see a large contract, a mix of dwarves, humans and elves starting to sign.

"What.. what did I miss?" she gasped, putting her hands on her thighs to try and recover her breath. Sprinting over here had been a bad idea. "Someone in the street said.. something.. about treasure and ancient knowledge?" She addressed this to the striking elf and the bearded dwarf that stood closest to the table.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#24 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Out of the corner of his eye, Korvarl noticed Allya look… quizzical

"What's a man of Parsanshar doing this far north?" she inquired.

The dwarf blinked. “Parts-an-share? That some sorta blacksmithin’ guild?” He chuckled teasingly, finally turning to face the man. He didn’t know of the nations of the south, himself, and gods alone knew how anyone could tell one from the other down there. They were all dark-skinned humans to him, anyway.

Before he could say more, though, someone burst into the tavern.

"Excuse me!" A woman’s voice squeaked breathlessly as it approached. A dwarf lady, even shorter than Korvarl himself, squeezed through the adventuring party to reach the center. Silvershield couldn’t help but stare, partly because someone else here was actually smaller than he was, but also because she happened to be a lady. How long had it been-

"What.. what did I miss?" she gasped, putting her hands on her thighs to try and recover her breath. “Someone in the street said.. something.. about treasure and ancient knowledge?" She addressed this towards… Korvarl, himself. He blinked, dumbfounded for a moment, before finding his tongue.

“Aye, lass, good old dwarven treasure.” Silvershield confirmed, striding closer to the diminutive lady. “Y’sign here, y’come with us, an’ you get whatever you c’n carry, long as we bring some fancy old sword with us.” He explained to Elnira.

#25 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

"It's been a long time since I've returned. I've been.. busy. What brings you here, Agethar was it?

"Aye, that's me," Agethar said, stroking his beard "I'm here by chance more than anythin'. I've finished an assignment; dealing with some goblins near th' Jagged Edge. Pesky buggers, th' Chaos Races. In any case, I stopped in here on me way back tae Castle Greywatch, and decided to go on this suicide quest with Caiden."

"What about ye, umm..." the Venator faltered, as the other man had not supplied a name.

---

"Hey now, how do we even know these demons are still there? What would make them stick around after all the dwarves were gone? Surely they'd have gone and found something else to do by now, rather than just sit around in some Dwarven ruins, right? Would they even care about the treasure? What good is gold to a demon?" 

"A Dragon has no use for gold," Malvolio said flatly "yet they horde it anyway. Demons are the same."

"I'm just saying, we won't know anything for sure until we get there. And if people wanna abandon ship then, well, at least they'll have made the trip to get there more interesting, right?"

"I'll kill anything threatening we encounter. But we all've been given the same information; I assume anyone who's going has judged the threat for themselves and decided they can deal with it. If they erred in that judgment, it's no fault of mine."

Malvolio was about to say something to put the two in their places, but the lone Inquisitor spoke up.

"Ser Templar, even if this group doesn't have the extensive training of the Templars or Inquisition, we have several Venators. As for the rest of the group, they all appear to have some combat experience and we can supplement for what becomes hazardous to the group's wellbeing. Njarine Daley, Channeler of the Inquisition."

"Malvolio Borgia." the Templar said, returning the Inquisitor's introduction before saying "Maybe you're right, and I'll try to be optimistic about it, but..."

"At least you have some guts, Valya Catseye."

Malvolio looked annoyed that he had been interrupted, but continued "But these are demons we're talking about. All the years of fighting humans or the chaos races can't prepare you for an encounter with those monsters: sometimes, even Templars die fighting them..."

He stopped, as the conversation had entered a territory that he would prefer not to enter.

---

"You are part of the party, but you sit alone. I can tell that you aren't from around here, your clothes give it away, old man. I haven't seen your kind around here before... or anywhere as a matter of fact. Where are ​you from?"

Huo Shiye tilted his head in the direction of the voice. The speaker was a woman, and from what he could see from his gazing into the spirit realm...appeared to have pointed ears.

"I am from the East." he said quietly.

Hopefully, she wouldn't cause trouble.

#26 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

"I am from the East." he said quietly. The man was blind, and his common speech was tinged with a dialect that Belaya hadn't heard before.

"The East, hmm? Please, enlighten me. What is it like?" She asked, scooting on her stool towards him. "I have seen much of this land, but I have never been to the East." Belaya added.

21.jpg

#27 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

The first acquaintance of the group had been.. a bit worse than planned. A flippant wave over the shoulder did not deter Elisario, however. Before he could say anything more, the elf turned to talk to him.

Returning Elisario's nod, she inquired, "What's a man of Parsanshar doing this far north?"

"I'm a bounty hunter by trade," Elisario explained. "Recently brought in a contract to an employer here in Baldur's Fjord. Some new and original work will be a nice change of pace."

The dwarf blinked. “Parts-an-share? That some sorta blacksmithin’ guild?” He chuckled turning to look at the Southerner.

"I'll assume you're joking with that one," Elisario replied, a small smile rising on his face.

In a flash, a teeny- tiny dwarven woman raced to the trio, and addressed the dwarf whilst gasping for breath.

Korvarl explained the gist of the arrangement to the female dwarf.

"Malvolio Borgia." the Templar said, returning the Inquisitor's introduction before saying "Maybe you're right, and I'll try to be optimistic about it, but..."

"At least you have some guts, Valya Catseye."

"Nice to meet you both," Njarine returned the pleasantries.

Malvolio looked annoyed that he had been interrupted, but continued "But these are demons we're talking about. All the years of fighting humans or the chaos races can't prepare you for an encounter with those monsters: sometimes, even Templars die fighting them..."

If we're going on this adventure together, then we're accepting the risks. I wasn't ready in my first encounter with a rogue mage, but it formed me into the woman I am today, Challenge builds character," the Templar's pessimism was even worse than that of a trainer of Inquisition recruits.

#28 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:39 AM

“Y’sign here, y’come with us, an’ you get whatever you c’n carry, long as we bring some fancy old sword with us.”

Elnira nodded excitedly. "An expedition! Lost secrets!" Still red faced, she pulled off her large hat and began to fan her face with it, before replacing it and moving over to the contract. She started to scan the writing while continuing to talk, glancing round at the gathered adventurers nearby.

"I'm so excited to go on a real expedition! But where are my manners I'm Elnira I'm a scholar! Itsapleasuretomeetyoualland..." She paused briefly for breath. "What can I call you?" She looked between the elf, the southerner and the other dwarf, waiting for one of them to make the first move.

-----

Mr Whiskers the cat lazily prowled the tavern, looking for somewhere warm to sleep. After a few moments he unceremoniously plonked down on Valya's feet.

-----

"In any case, I stopped in here on me way back tae Castle Greywatch, and decided to go on this suicide quest with Caiden. What about ye, umm..." 

"Garandros."

He allowed an awkward silence to fill the air for a moment before elaborating slightly.

"I've been looking for something. Perhaps this could lead me there."

Another pause

"A suicide mission then?" A rare smile twitched on one side of his mouth. "Excellent." 

#29 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:20 AM

Agni heard the conversation taking place between the newcomer - Elnira - and the others, and he blinked and set his tankard down.

Elnira nodded excitedly. "An expedition! Lost secrets!" Still red faced, she pulled off her large hat and began to fan her face with it, before replacing it and moving over to the contract. She started to scan the writing while continuing to talk, glancing round at the gathered adventurers nearby.

Unfortunately for Elnira, the entirety of the contract was written in very advanced Dwarven.

"I'm so excited to go on a real expedition! But where are my manners I'm Elnira I'm a scholar! Itsapleasuretomeetyoualland..." She paused briefly for breath. "What can I call you?" She looked between the elf, the southerner and the other dwarf, waiting for one of them to make the first move.

"Ehh, I hate t' interrupt, milady," Agni said, giving a very small bow with his head, "but maybe ye should have the full details o' the mission. We're headin' to the Forbidden Halls of Clan Dimmlundar, which I'm sure ye've heard of. It's gonna be extremely dangerous. Only the gods know what all is still down there. If yer wantin' to come, I won't try to stop ye from signin', but just wanted you to have a little more awareness o' how difficult it's gonna be."

---

"In any case, I stopped in here on me way back tae Castle Greywatch..." 

Caiden arched a brow slightly, but said nothing.

"Garandros. ... I've been looking for something. Perhaps this could lead me there. ... A suicide mission then?" A rare smile twitched on one side of his mouth. "Excellent."

Voros had heard enough. This awkward meeting of three partnerless, would-be Venatori was the last thing he needed. Without a word, as Garandros and Agethar still spoke to each other, Caiden discreetly - as discreetly as someone larger than anyone else in the tavern, even the strongest Nordlings, could - got to his feet and headed upstairs toward the inn rooms.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#30 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:19 AM

Elnira's face fell quickly as she realised the contact was in Dwarven, a language she had completely neglected. Embarrassed, she stared at it for a minute before turning round to engage in conversation more fully.

"We're headin' to the Forbidden Halls of Clan Dimmlundar, which I'm sure ye've heard of. It's gonna be extremely dangerous. Only the gods know what all is still down there. If yer wantin' to come, I won't try to stop ye from signin', but just wanted you to have a little more awareness o' how difficult it's gonna be."

"Surely everything's dangerous though?" She replied, trying to keep a tremor out her voice. "I tripped over Mr Whiskers this morning and that was almost it for me! Besides, all that lost knowledge! Anyway, I'm sure we can stay safe for most of the journey, maybe pass through the Empire?"

------

Garandros watched as Caiden left, leaving him with the talkative one. Interesting.

"Are the two of you partners then?"

#31 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

"I'm a bounty hunter by trade. Recently brought in a contract to an employer here in Baldur's Fjord. Some new and original work will be a nice change of pace."

"I suspect it will be, at that" Allya said a touch vaguely. "Nice to meet you.

“Parts-an-share? That some sorta blacksmithin’ guild?”

"I'll assume you're joking with that one."

"PAR-san-shar" she corrected Korvari. "It's a southeastern kingdom."

A moment later, an exceptionally short, excited dwarf woman came running up:

"I'm so excited to go on a real expedition! But where are my manners I'm Elnira I'm a scholar! Itsapleasuretomeetyoualland... What can I call you?"

Allya stared at the newcomer for a moment in surprise. She certainly had... spirit. Then she gave a slight smile and knelt down to offer her hand. "I am Allya Noctis. I'm actually a scholar of sorts, myself."

"Ehh, I hate t' interrupt, milady, but maybe ye should have the full details o' the mission. We're headin' to the Forbidden Halls of Clan Dimmlundar, which I'm sure ye've heard of. It's gonna be extremely dangerous. Only the gods know what all is still down there. If yer wantin' to come, I won't try to stop ye from signin', but just wanted you to have a little more awareness o' how difficult it's gonna be."

"Surely everything's dangerous though? I tripped over Mr Whiskers this morning and that was almost it for me! Besides, all that lost knowledge! Anyway, I'm sure we can stay safe for most of the journey, maybe pass through the Empire?"

Allya arched an eyebrow, and a slight frown pulled at her lips. "While it is true death can come most anywhere, facing whatever demons or monsters may yet lurk in Dimmlundar's ancient halls is a rather different level of risk" she cautioned Elnira. Of course, she had made the same decision herself, but she at least was not entirely defenseless despite her lack of skill with a weapon—the spirits would look after her; they always had. This dwarf woman, though, concerned her; Elnira seemed long on enthusiasm and far too short on caution. It made her think of her own mother—though of course, her mother had never been so outwardly excitable....

Valya leaned back in her chair as the inquisitor and templar continued to argue. She was just about to go get that drink when a slight, warm weight suddenly settled itself across her feet. Looking under the table, she saw the ugliest cat she had ever seen draped on her boots. Although she manage to resist the urge to actually snarl at the animal, her lips pursed in a a mixture of annoyance at the feline's presumptuousness, and amusement at its bravery.

Still, she wanted a drink. Reaching down, she easily picked the cat up by its scruff and set it some feet off to the side, before getting up and heading to the bar for an ale. Maybe by the time she was finished with it, this group would have made up their minds.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#32 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

"I'll assume you're joking with that one." The man Korvarl had been poking fun at mentioned rightly.

"PAR-san-shar" the elf, however, corrected him. "It's a southeastern kingdom."

The dwarf sighed, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. “I caught the gist o’ it.” He reassured her… before the little dwarf lady showed up.

After his explanation, Elnira nodded excitedly. "An expedition! Lost secrets!" Still red faced, she pulled off her large hat and began to fan her face with it, before replacing it and moving over to the contract. She started to scan the writing while continuing to talk, mirroring Korvarl’s earlier actions… albeit being noticeably more convivial than he was.

"I'm so excited to go on a real expedition! But where are my manners I'm Elnira I'm a scholar! Itsapleasuretomeetyoualland..." She paused briefly for breath. "What can I call you?" She looked between the elf, the southerner and the other dwarf, waiting for one of them to make the first move.

The elf got there first, but Korvarl also introduced himself before Elnira could manage a reply of her own. “Korvarl Silvershield, former member o’ the Iron Gauntlet, at yer service.” He offered with a deep bow at the waste.

"Ehh, I hate t' interrupt, milady," Agni suddenly cut in. Korvarl bristled as the other dwarf spoke, "but maybe ye should have the full details o' the mission. We're headin' to the Forbidden Halls of Clan Dimmlundar, which I'm sure ye've heard of. It's gonna be extremely dangerous. Only the gods know what all is still down there. If yer wantin' to come, I won't try to stop ye from signin', but just wanted you to have a little more awareness o' how difficult it's gonna be."

Before Silvershield could offer a promise of protection, however, Elnira piped in her own brave response.

"Surely everything's dangerous though?" She replied. "I tripped over Mr Whiskers this morning and that was almost it for me! Besides, all that lost knowledge! Anyway, I'm sure we can stay safe for most of the journey, maybe pass through the Empire?"

Korvarl struggled not to laugh. It was more than a little difficult. Allya, meanwhile, added her own counsel.

"While it is true death can come most anywhere, facing whatever demons or monsters may yet lurk in Dimmlundar's ancient halls is a rather different level of risk" she cautioned Elnira.

“Aye, bu’ I’ll keep an eye on ‘er.” Silvershield promised, resting a fist over his heart. “If things get messy jus’ stay behind me and my arm’r, Miss Elnira.”

#33 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

"Garandros."

"Pleased tae meet ye," Agethar said "it's gud tae have another Venator with us."

"I've been looking for something. Perhaps this could lead me there. A suicide mission then? Excellent.

The Venator noticed Caiden walk off. Why exactly he did so, who knew...

"Are the two of you partners then?"

"Hunting Partners?" Agethar asked "Nay, Caiden's more o' a loner."

---

"If we're going on this adventure together, then we're accepting the risks. I wasn't ready in my first encounter with a rogue mage, but it formed me into the woman I am today, Challenge builds character,"

Malvolio shrugged "Maybe I am being to hard on this lot, but all the same, I can't shake the feeling that we're all marching to our doom, or at least some of us will be."

He then glanced at Njarine and said "I need a drink. I can get you one if you'd like."

---

"The East, hmm? Please, enlighten me. What is it like? I have seen much of this land, but I have never been to the East.

Huo sat quietly for a moment before saying "It's...more peaceful of what I've experience in this Northrim country so far. The East is full of different peoples, cultures, and religions, and all of them are fierce warriors, but they can also make great works in time of peace. The people here seem nice as well, but much more warlike; the culture and religion of this place reflects that too, What I've heard of the Empire and the South, they don't seem too far off the mark either."

He then turned to face the woman and said "Tell me, you don't seem...human: something about you feels different then the others here. What are you exactly?"

#34 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:01 PM

Huo sat quietly for a moment before saying "It's...more peaceful of what I've experience in this Northrim country so far. The East is full of different peoples, cultures, and religions, and all of them are fierce warriors, but they can also make great works in time of peace. The people here seem nice as well, but much more warlike; the culture and religion of this place reflects that too, What I've heard of the Empire and the South, they don't seem too far off the mark either."​

"Not all people here are like that, you've only seen a small portion of this land if that is all you believe." Belaya tensed, for a foreigner to see all westerners as warmongering, she was ashamed.

"Tell me, you don't seem...human: something about you feels different then the others here. What are you exactly?"

​"My people are the vidralfar, ​or Wood Elves, in the common tongue." She said, thinking back to her own tribe, pondering on how they had fared in her absence. "We move from place to place, something like nomads, I guess... it's not too bad though." She added, the smell of her father's workshop still lingered in her memory.

21.jpg

#35 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:04 AM

"Not all people here are like that, you've only seen a small portion of this land if that is all you believe."

"Maybe," Huo Shiye said, stroking his chin "or maybe I've just chosen a bad time to visit."

"My people are the vidralfar, ​or Wood Elves, in the common tongue. We move from place to place, something like nomads, I guess... it's not too bad though."

"Nomads are something I am familiar with," the Easterner said "Wood Elves are not. Most humanoid creatures that inhabit forests in the east aren't too friendly."

#36 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

"While it is true death can come most anywhere, facing whatever demons or monsters may yet lurk in Dimmlundar's ancient halls is a rather different level of risk"

"If things get messy jus’ stay behind me and my arm’r, Miss Elnira.”

Elnira blushed slightly as she finished signing in a loopy hand.

"Wonderful!" She exclaimed."That's settled then, thank you!"

She smiled brightly at the assembled dwarves before turning to Elisario. "I don't believe I caught your name?"

-------

"Nay, Caiden's more o' a loner."

Garandros grunted. "I know the feeling."

He was surprised to find himself warming to the other man. It had been a long time indeed since he had shared the camaraderie that existed between the Venatori. He only hoped it would last. with a parting nod he turned and walked towards the table. No use in delaying.

Garandros pushed his way through the crowd, scowling in disdain at the ragtag band. He shoved past some gathered dwarves to make his mark on the contact before turning to face Agni.

"We take the wild path." It was a statement, not a question. "There are too many here to pass through civilisation without questions being asked." 

-------

Mr Whiskers yowled indignantly at being moved. He wandered through the crowd before jumping onto the table and curling up next to the contract.

#37 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

Malvolio shrugged "Maybe I am being to hard on this lot, but all the same, I can't shake the feeling that we're all marching to our doom, or at least some of us will be."

He then glanced at Njarine and said "I need a drink. I can get you one if you'd like."

“I’ll join you in getting one, but I can get my own,” Njarine replied. “I do appreciate the offer though”

Walking over to the bar, Njarine asked, “What brought you up to the North? You don’t have jurisdiction here either, do you?”

"Wonderful!" Elnira exclaimed. “That’s settled then, thank you!"

She smiled brightly at the assembled dwarves before turning to Elisario. "I don't believe I caught your name?"

“Elisario Khampale, miss,” Elisario gave a little bow. “So, you are a scholar? My father back in Tarmasq was a scholar as well.” 

He gestured over to the bar. "I was going to get another ale. Care to join me?"

#38 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

"I was going to get another ale. Care to join me?"

Elmira beamed again. "That sounds lovely. What did your father study?"

#39 WyvernSith

WyvernSith

• 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

As Vishan sat forward to try and eavesdrop on the conversations around him without drawing too much attention to himself, a skill he had been honing from a young age. Vishan had found years before that trusting people off the bat rarely ended well and thus tried to learn who would suit his needs the best to befriend.

As Vishan gauged the crowd around him he signed the piece of paper in the odd scratches and loops that he had been taught was his name when he was young.

Vishan stood up and walked over to the man whose name he heard was Elisario, who seemed friendly enough. “Do you mind if I join you” Vishan asked in a friendly manner that he hoped did not sound too awkward.

#40 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

I’ll join you in getting one, but I can get my own,” Njarine replied. “I do appreciate the offer though.

"Suit yourself." the Templar said, and the two then made their way to the bar, where they got their drinks.

"What brought you up to the North? You don’t have jurisdiction here either, do you?

"No, I'm actually on leave," Malvolio said as he paid the bartender for his drink "I've just finished up with my latest mission, and I'm currently up for a promotion. While the Knights-Templar decide on whether or not I should get it, they decided to let me go for a while."

He then turned to the Channeler and said "So you could say I'm doing this in my free time. How about yourself?" 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users