NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Chaos Breeding Camp

23 replies to this topic

#21 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:45 PM

Feeling awfully spry after his attack, and possibly betraying something about himself in the process, Agethar rolled to one side and swung his axes at the orc's legs. The orc was caught off-guard, and the axes lodged in his limbs, but did not sever them. With a roar of anger, the orc whirled, and Agethar barely managed to dislodge his axe blades from the orc's bones in time to keep them in his hands.

Seeming to ignore his pain in a display that would've impressed a berserker, the orc charged, but Agethar managed to swing his axe in time to strike the creature in the neck. It went down long enough for the Venator to set to hacking its head off.

Unfortunately, that left him open to a goblin arrow, which went whizzing past his ear. By some stroke of luck, the goblin on a nearby rooftop had been a bad shot and simply missed.

Bale's magic was unable to simply snap the spear, and he found himself contending with an armed orc, anyway. The orc jabbed at him with the polearm, keeping him on the defensive.

Nearby, Nefer cast a spell - and the goblin archer shrieked, dropped his bow, and ran before she had even finished, and certainly long before he actually let loose an arrow. The orcs, however, kept charging madly - and were all but incinerated in a great wave of fire that appeared from thin air at Nefer's command.

Meanwhile, Hallvard looked up at the giant towering over him. “<P-pathetic? L-look what they did to Vragi!>” He gestured. “<B-by the gods, give up before your head gets melted!>”

"<I fear my leaders far more than magi I can step on!>" the other giant roared.

“<L-look, point is, I have my reasons!>” He finally pointed out, pushing himself back up into a sitting position. “<I-I think you can understand!”>

Beneath them, Alden attempted to attack the giant's ankle, but the jotunn's armor deflected him completely. Sigmar set to work freeing Hallvard from his chains, which was quite a noisy affair and drew the black-bearded giant's attention...

But before the giant could react, Katja suddenly caught his axe on her hammer, twisting it free of his grip. The massive weapon sailed through the air and crashed into a nearby orc building that, luckily, wasn't the watchtower the other prisoners had hidden in.

“<I don’t want to kill you.>” She admitted, tightening her grip on her own weapon. “<But I will flatten you and every single one of your little soldiers if you don’t retreat. Now.>” Katja growled dangerously, readying her maul for another blow.

Sigmar finished freeing Hallvard of his chains, but now, everyone was reluctant to move...

Except for Caiden and Percula, who had troubles of their own. Percula shot her ice magic onto one of the orcs surrounding Caiden, freezing him solid - and extending that ice upward just in time to form a shield that sent the goblin's arrow pinging away uselessly.

“Get him, Caid!” She called over encouragingly, turning her attention fully to the goblin archer.

But there was no need to. The goblin archer looked up at the giants as they fought, going an even paler green than his sickly flesh already was. The orc before Caiden, however, resumed trying to wrestle with him, only for Caiden to get a good hold of the monster's thick neck and, with brute strength, somehow manage to snap it like a twig.

Then, silence truly fell. The giant stood in place, glaring at Katja in disbelief, shaking in anger.

Finally, he growled out, "<You will pay for this. All of you.>" He sneered and looked away from her, muttering under his breath, "<I thank you for my life, whatever good it will do when I return to my General...>"

He glared around at his forces, a few of the orcs still fighting, before he barked, "<Pull back! NOW!>"

With that, he turned and stormed off so abruptly it left the very earth shaking in his wake. Behind him, most of the goblins and orcs skittered or ran, trying to keep up with the giant's enraged stomping. Others took off in random directions, perhaps glad to be free of their giant masters, though no doubt they would simply turn to lives of violence and slaughter under some other chieftain.

At the edge of a nearby canyon, the black-bearded giant paused just long enough to call back to them, "<None of these small weaklings will survive the Edge! Best make peace with even your little mageling friends, for the day they stumble blindly into a dragon's lair, even they will meet their doom.>"

With that, he whirled and led his armies back into a nearby ravine. Even now, they could still hear the huge creature moving off.

Once again, silence lay like a blanket upon the group. Many of them looked at each other, not sure where to go now or what to do. But, finally, Caiden was the first to speak.

"We don't have long," he said, nodding back in the direction of Vragi's corpse fluids still seeping into the breeding pit. "Anyone who's coming with me, let's move. I'm gonna take the other prisoners someplace they can safely rest for the night."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#22 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:20 PM

"<I fear my leaders far more than magi I can step on!>" the other giant roared.

...Well, that was reasonable. Albeit there wouldn’t be much of their feet if they tried stepping on that rather fiery woman. Hallvard didn’t exactly have the time, will, or presence of mind to say as much, though.

Beneath them, Alden attempted to attack the giant's ankle, but the jotunn's armor deflected him completely. Fortunately, that didn’t also draw the jotunn’s attention, so Skardisson didn’t mention it… though it was hard for either jotunn to not notice the dwarf that came to help Hallvard out of his bind.

“Give me cause to regret freeing you, giant, and ah’ll give ye something to cower from.  If yer capable of honor, yer about to owe me big time.  Now steel yerself, this might not be pleasant…”

“T-thank you…!” The giant began to say, only to notice the following racket got his opponent’s attention. However, before the giant could react, Katja suddenly caught his axe on her hammer, twisting it free of his grip. The massive weapon sailed through the air and crashed into a nearby orc building that, luckily, wasn't the watchtower the other prisoners had hidden in. Still, it made Hallvard wince as the giantess stood between himself and the monster he’d been facing off with. He was surprised by her words, though… and, admittedly, a little suspicious. Even as Sigmar finished freeing Hallvard of his chains, he was reluctant to move…

Finally, however, the giant growled out, "<You will pay for this. All of you.>" He sneered and looked away from Katja, muttering under his breath. Hallvard couldn’t quite make it what he said… that is, until he barked at his troops.

"<Pull back! NOW!>"

With that, he turned and stormed off so abruptly it left the very earth shaking in his wake. Behind him, most of the goblins and orcs skittered or ran, trying to keep up with the giant's enraged stomping. Others took off in random directions, perhaps glad to be free of their giant masters, though no doubt they would simply turn to lives of violence and slaughter under some other chieftain.

At the edge of a nearby canyon, the black-bearded giant paused just long enough to call back to them, "<None of these small weaklings will survive the Edge! Best make peace with even your little mageling friends, for the day they stumble blindly into a dragon's lair, even they will meet their doom.>"

With that, he whirled and led his armies back into a nearby ravine. Even now, they could still hear the huge creature moving off. Hallvard had half a mind to launch some kind of retort… but it died in his throat for a number of reasons. One of them being the heavily armed, armored giantess towering over his seated form.

Once again, silence lay like a blanket upon the group. Many of them looked at each other, not sure where to go now or what to do. But, finally, Caiden was the first to speak.

"We don't have long," he said, nodding back in the direction of Vragi's corpse fluids still seeping into the breeding pit. "Anyone who's coming with me, let's move. I'm gonna take the other prisoners someplace they can safely rest for the night."

Hallvard glanced between Alden and Sigmar. “...I-I wouldn’t mind.” He offered weakly, finally speaking in a tongue they could all understand. He did catch Alden’s eye and try to silently ask what he wanted. “...I-I do owe you, master dwarf.” He added, turning his attention to Sigmar and giving him a slight nod.

Though, with that said, his attention slowly - almost reluctantly - turned to Katja. “W-what about you…?”

-----

Katja wasn’t sure.

She was glad she was still alive, and she hadn’t had to kill one of her own… yet. With the jotunn’s parting words she had a feeling in her gut that wouldn’t be the last time she tangled with her kind. Well, his. Whatever. She shook her head slightly to clear her thoughts, trying to relax even as the stench of Vragi’s corpse grew worse. Grumbling, she managed to get her maul sheathed across her back before hauling the might jotunn’s body out of the breeding pit with an effort. If she’d had more time, she would’ve considered burying it.

As it was, though, she could hear the others begin to converse, and Katja knew no one was going to be comfortable around her. At least Hallvard had the benefit of being a fellow prisoner. What was she but a jotunn who decided it might be best for her own machinations to help them out temporarily?

The worst part? That’s right.

Rubbing her face, the giantess crouched down a safe distance away from the prisoners as Caiden announced his intentions… and as Hallvard posed his question. Katja frowned slightly, glancing around. “I’m not staying around here.” She stated frankly, brushing a patch of blood that, undoubtedly, had been an orc or goblin a minute before off of her boot. “And I have no interest in bringing any of you harm. I’m in a similar position.” The giantess admitted, though she had to wonder if any of them would believe her.

If they were smart, they wouldn’t be so trusting.

“If you’ll have me, I’d like to accompany you for a little while. There is safety in numbers, especially out here.”

-----

Percula whooped as her spell worked perfectly, disabling an orc and blocking the goblin’s shots. The goblin ran off in turn, and as Saffron glanced around and noticed the literally giant confrontation, she could see why.

The orc before Caiden, however, resumed trying to wrestle with him, only for Caiden to get a good hold of the monster's thick neck and, with brute strength, somehow manage to snap it like a twig. The pixie sighed in relief as that encounter was over - and as the jotnar started shouting at each other in their own tongue, the one that seemed on the bad guys’ side ran off… not without a good bit of taunting, though. The important thing was that the rest of the monsters ran, too.

Percula shrank and soon took a seat on his right shoulder. “Sounds like a plan to me,” she yawned. “I think I’ve killed enough giants for one day…” She murmured, letting the rest sort out what was happening from there.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#23 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

Agethar stood for a moment, watching the black-bearded giant and his army of Chaos Races retreaded further into the Jagged Edge.

The Venator was amazed that he had survived at all, as these kinds of enemies were most certainly out of his league.

"We don't have long, anyone who's coming with me, let's move. I'm gonna take the other prisoners someplace they can safely rest for the night."

Agethar grinned as he made his way over to Caiden, and eveloping him in a bone-crushing hug.

"Caiden Voros!" the Northern Venator laughed as he released him and grinned happily "Where in th' name o' th' Nine Realms did ye spring from? I thought that we were fated for th' breedin' pits fer sure!"

---

Bale spat at the Orc he was fighting, who, after hearing the giant's command, retreated along with the other Chaos Race soldiers.

With a snap of his fingers, the Mage's swords returned to their proper place, except for the one that had been dislodged in a orc, which cleaned itself off on its ragged clothing before returning to its sheath.

"We don't have long, anyone who's coming with me, let's move. I'm gonna take the other prisoners someplace they can safely rest for the night."

"Really?" the Mage thought to himself "But I wanted us all to stay in this horrible hell-hole, Mr. Venator!"

As the group began to relax and make its way out of the camp, Bale strode over to the Khemetian Sorceress and commented politely "You're good. I'm surprised to encounter such a skilled mage outside of a cult or coven, especially in this place. Do you have a name?"

After she replied, he responded with a simple "Bale Spellwinde, Psychic and Freelance Assassin. Maybe someday I'll be taking down a mark you've hired me to kill, if we ever get out of these god-forsaken mountains."

#24 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

As both Hallvard and Katja indicated they would follow, Caiden arched a brow. His face otherwise betrayed absolutely nothing; apparently, that was as close to surprise as he ever got. And if he was concerned about any giants betraying them, he did not let that show, either.

All he said was, "Alright."

Meanwhile, Percula shrank and found a place on Caiden's right shoulder, where he could see her. “Sounds like a plan to me,” she yawned. “I think I’ve killed enough giants for one day…”

Caiden gave her a look that she knew very well, even if no one else would be able to read a single thought in his eye - but before he could say or do anything, Agethar suddenly pulled him into a huge hug.

Voros gave Percula a look that clearly, at least to her, said how awkward this was. At least he hadn't noticed her and started asking questions. That prompted Caiden to rather abruptly duck his head over to her and snatch Percula up in his mouth like an animal picking up some very small prey. He swallowed her well before Agethar could notice.

"Caiden Voros!" Agethar laughed as he released him and grinned happily. "Where in th' name o' th' Nine Realms did ye spring from? I thought that we were fated for th' breedin' pits fer sure!"

Caiden gave Agethar a hearty clap on the shoulder that left his entire arm stinging, even if his face told nothing of the friendly gesture. "I've been in the Edge for a while now," Voros replied, a bit darkly. "This camp was next in my path. I'm surprised to see you around here, Agethar... Thought you were still working back in the Empire."

But a terrible sound not too far off caught everyone's attention - it sounded like a wail coming from the breeding pit.

"We can talk later," Caiden said, giving Agethar a nod. "There's shelter not far off."

With that, everyone followed Caiden back to the watchtower, where they found the other prisoners barricaded inside. The wounded dwarf was, by some miracle, still alive, and Arni and some other dwarves had recruited the help of some of the humans, who aided in carrying him. All in all, there were a decent number of humans and dwarves there, with only the two dwarf soldiers not being peasants of some sort.

Caiden then told them to follow his lead, and he turned to take them away from the terrible encampment. Perhaps none of them realized, but following the Venator instead of heading off alone was a very smart choice.

((Area transition to ZONE - Caiden's Encampment.))

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users