NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Prison Ship (at sea)

71 replies to this topic

#21 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

"Well," Prisk finally sighed, having discovered just how professionally she had been restrained, "it would seem our captors know how to hold a Formican. Safe to assume they've chained you gentlemen properly, too. There goes any hopes of an easy escape."

She rattled her chains a little to get them to sit slightly more comfortably, then leaned away from the wall enough to let the restraints hold her weight. It wasn't nearly as nice as sitting down would have been, but it was better than holding all the weight on her feet alone.

"I don't suppose any of you speaks the language used by our gracious hosts, eh?"
She asked, jokingly, "And that another of you is in posession of a personal fortune vast enough to purchase our release?"

All genuine mirth faded from her tone as she added, trying to sound upbeat, "Oh well, I suppose this is just fate once again reminding me of my true station in life. I'm just glad it let me escape this for so long."

-----

The lantern had flickered back to life before she'd asked her cellmate to avert his eyes, but Charlotte had dismissed it as an ember spontaneously relighting a candle or oil burner. It was far from unheard of, and not really concerning, so she went ahead with her plan.

Since he wasn't looking, she figured that she's have just enough time to switch to her bat form and back, allowing her to pop out of the chains in the process. Granted, she'd be completely naked when she turned back, and would have to get dressed again, but Charlotte was used to situations like that, and could get clothed quickly enough.

But rather than think more, she just went ahead and did it. Her transformation was swift and painless, and she felt her clothing and restraints falling away as her body shrank and shifted into a tiny bat. Her wings only beat the air a handful of times before she swiftly began the transformation back.

But in that split second, a tiny voice rang out from inside the lantern. "...H-hello?" it called nervously, "Sebastian...?"

The sudden surprise startled Charlotte mid-transformation, causing her to land weird, with her weight ahead of her feet, and she stumbled forward, colliding with her still-restrained fellow captive, landing naked in his lap, all in the span of a blink.

Cautiously, she looked up, hoping that he was only now looking her way. Being seen in the nude was far preferable to being seen in her bat form. Maybe he'd just think she was somehow able to slip out of her chains... and clothes... really quickly.

"Sorry about that - this - pal," she apologized, "I wasn't expecting the lantern to talk..."

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#22 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:36 PM

When Dgurritz reached for his pack, he found it was gone. He'd been stripped of everything except for his clothing. Well, that wasn't lucky at all.

---

"...H-hello?" Daria called nervously, "Sebastian...?"

Daria went unanswered - at least, for now.

When Charlotte abruptly landed in the other pirate's lap, she found he'd already been looking at her again. For all she knew, he'd looked at her again the second she'd flapped her wings in bat form.

"Sorry about that - this - pal," she apologized, "I wasn't expecting the lantern to talk..." 

The tattooed man didn't look terribly convinced. In fact, he looked suspicious. He looked her in the face and narrowed his eyes, growling something incomprehensible before he squirmed in his chains, trying to shove her away from him. If he cared at all about the fact that she was attractive and naked, he wasn't showing it.

---

Out in the hall, a guard was heading in the direction of where the pirates were chained, having heard a strange sound - but the sudden raucous screaming from one of the rooms drew his attention instead...

Adriana looked around, and she saw an intact rat skeleton to one side of her cell that caught her eye, and it looked like something else was lodged between the ship boards in the darkness of the far corner.

Meanwhile, Kyra waited for a guard, but one didn't show up... At least, not in their room.

---

As Gertrude kept wailing, and Vilk joined in with some shouting, himself, Dgurritz and Rel could only watch as, soon thereafter, the door to the room burst open and In stepped a guard in his elaborate, demonic-looking armor: this one wore a helm with a crest of spikes and two dragon horns. Rel recognized it immediately.

And, for the first time, one of the guards spoke Common Imperial - a language they all recognized. "What in Xeshm's name is going on in here!?" he demanded, glaring at the prisoners. Another guard swiftly appeared to join him - the one with ram horns on his helm.

But his first words upon entering the room were barked harshly: "If any of you scream one more time, I'll gag all of you!"

---

"I don't suppose any of you speaks the language used by our gracious hosts, eh?" Prisk asked, jokingly, "And that another of you is in posession of a personal fortune vast enough to purchase our release?"

The gorilla-man lifted his head to regard Prisk, glancing her up and down. He did not look impressed.

"I do not speak their brutish tongue," he answered. "And had I my rightful fortune, I would not be in this predicament. In either case, I doubt our captors are seeking our ransom, or we would have been consulted for our worth instead of simply appraised."

All genuine mirth faded from her tone as she added, trying to sound upbeat, "Oh well, I suppose this is just fate once again reminding me of my true station in life. I'm just glad it let me escape this for so long."

The gorilla-man offered no comment. He snorted slightly before turning his face away, his eyes scanning the room.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#23 Ambad

Ambad

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:12 PM

The tattooed man didn't look terribly convinced. In fact, he looked suspicious. He looked her in the face and narrowed his eyes, growling something incomprehensible before he squirmed in his chains, trying to shove her away from him. If he cared at all about the fact that she was attractive and naked, he wasn't showing it.

"So that's how it's gonna be, huh?" She sighed.

Backing swiftly away, Charlotte kept her eyes on him as she started digging through the pile of chains to free her clothes and get dressed. It didn't take her long at all, being as practiced as she was at putting them on in a hurry, and due to her outfit being relatively simple in both design and function.

As she pulled on her boots, she finally got up enough nerve to speak again, though she looked away shamefully when she said, "You saw, huh? Sorry. That's a crappy way to find out. And certainly not a pleasant thing to find out either." Charlotte shivered a little as she spoke, but as cold as her skin felt to the touch, that wasn't what bothered her at all. It was hunger; she hadn't fed since well before she was found and captured, and she'd need to feed again before she could hope to escape.

"Hey, lantern, you got a name?" She called up to the softly glowing light, "I dunno if this guy is your Sebastian, but if he is, I can ungag him and let you have a short chat..." While awaiting an answer, she looked again to the stranger and asked him directly, "Are you her Sebastian? Or just some pirate who don't mean anything to nobody?"

-----

"I do not speak their brutish tongue," the rather-brutish-looking-himself beastman answered. "And had I my rightful fortune, I would not be in this predicament. In either case, I doubt our captors are seeking our ransom, or we would have been consulted for our worth instead of simply appraised."

"Good point," Prisk nodded, "we clearly are not hostages in a situation like this. Though I am not sure if we are meant to be slaves, or cattle. I mean, you three and myself might be physically robust enough to make decent laborers, but it seems not everyone on board is so... useful. Perhaps we are a mixed haul, then. Some to be workers, and some to feed to the workers."

Her antennae twitched a little at the prospect of being forced to eat the goblin she smelled. Prisk gagged a little at the thought. Goblin was not a taste she ever cared to experience again. Shaking the idea from her head, the Formican tried to keep herself distracted with conversation.

"So, I guess if there's no way out, and we're likely headed the same way, no reason not to introduce ourselves, at least." She began, hopefully, before offering, "My name is Prisk, former honor gaurd to my queen."

#24 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:53 PM

Daria paused as her questions were answered by what… sounded like the flapping of small, leathery wings. They came from where the woman had been talking, oddly enough, and the pixie seriously wondered what she was trapped with when the wing beats stopped abruptly when Whitefoam spoke, and she heard the stumbling of clumsy, giant human feet as the strange woman apparently lost her balance at the sound of her voice, crashing into the other occupant of the closet. The pixie winced when she heard that… but frowned as the woman spoke again.

"Sorry about that - this - pal," she apologized, clearly not talking to her, "I wasn't expecting the lantern to talk..."

LANTERN?!

The pixie was too upset to speak for a moment, and as no one else spoke - the silence was only disturbed by more rustling noises - the woman went on.

"So that's how it's gonna be, huh?" She sighed. It was impossible to tell who she was intending to say that towards, and the rustling continued. Daria grit her teeth, running around her glass prison to try tilting it enough to see what was happening.

"You saw, huh? Sorry. That's a crappy way to find out. And certainly not a pleasant thing to find out either."

Saw what? The pixie thought, somewhat nervously. Apparently according to the woman itself, it was… unpleasant. Whatever the mud that meant to lumbering giant folk with small, leathery wings.

"Hey, lantern, you got a name?" She called up, clearly referring to Daria now. "I dunno if this guy is your Sebastian, but if he is, I can ungag him and let you have a short chat… Are you her Sebastian?” This was evidently directed to the other occupant of the ‘cell’. “Or just some pirate who don't mean anything to nobody?"

“I am not a lantern!” Daria finally snapped, running across the lantern to shoulder-check the opposite wall, trying to tilt her prison downward. “I’m a pixie, okay? And the name’s Daria.” She added, fighting to keep her balance. “And if it’s a him and a pirate, then he’s mine, got it?” The fiery little pixie went on, trying to see what monster was intimidating who she now assumed was her long-time friend. “No… doing whatever it is things like you do.”

...I really hope she’s actually something weird and dangerous. Otherwise this is going to be awkward.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#25 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:57 PM

"Hey, lantern, you got a name?" She called up to the softly glowing light, "I dunno if this guy is your Sebastian, but if he is, I can ungag him and let you have a short chat..."

The pirate looked at her in such a way that indicated he wasn't sure why she hadn't ungagged him yet, anyway... Even if, at this point, he assumed he knew the answer. That was just an assumption on Charlotte's part, based on the look in his eyes.

While awaiting an answer, she looked again to the stranger and asked him directly, "Are you her Sebastian? Or just some pirate who don't mean anything to nobody?"

All he did was grunt vaguely in response and shake his head, whatever that meant. Perhaps he was trying to indicate that no, he wasn't a "Sebastian," but the latter wasn't exactly true, either.

"...And if it’s a him and a pirate, then he’s mine, got it?” The fiery little pixie went on, trying to see what monster was intimidating who she now assumed was her long-time friend. “No… doing whatever it is things like you do.”

The pirate glanced at the swaying lantern in slight annoyance and - obviously, due to the gag - said nothing, but he chewed at the rope in his mouth and shifted in his chains.

---

"So, I guess if there's no way out, and we're likely headed the same way, no reason not to introduce ourselves, at least." She began, hopefully, before offering, "My name is Prisk, former honor gaurd to my queen."

The gorilla-man didn't look at all convinced that this was the time for introductions as if they were just having tea, but he nonetheless stated, "I am King Grimfang Earthshaker IV, humiliated by capture. When I return to my people, I'll prove my strength to them once more and claim my rightful place."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#26 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

"Excuse me if I don't understand your point, but I don't understand how having one eye disables you in some way in this situation."

Jordan sighed and looked at his feet before looking back up at the Dryad. "I'm seeing things in two layers right now. I can barely tell five feet from five hundred." He added.

"As far as I see it, we have three options at this point. One, we could seduce the guards and escape: males are male, not matter where you go. Two, we could knock out the guard that feeds us and take his keys or his weapon and break the rest of us out."

"Have you seen the armour they're lugging on their backs? I can't see a bunch of unarmed, chained, misfits taking one of those guys down without some divine intervention, and what about the prisoners who aren't appealing to the man-group?" Unless... Jordan shivered, he didn't want to think about a 'unless'.

"The third option, of course, is to let the 'metal creeps' examine us, because, at the moment, we really don't have much say in this situation. Literally: we don't even know what language they speak, so they probably wouldn't understand our say in the situation anyway."

"I don't think we want to see how far this krab hole goes..." Jordan was about to finish with a name, but he then realized he hadn't introduced himself to any of the other prisoners. Probably want to do that soon, so it isn't awkward later. Just before he could speak, he heard wailing and screams from nearby, and also picked on the siren's gesture at her collar.

"We'll get that thing off you as soon as we can... maybe if I could..." Jordan began before the sound of the prison door smashing open echoed through the brig and filled his ears.

"What in Xeshm's name is going on in here!?" A guard demanded, glaring at the prisoners.

Xeshm... Demon Prince of Wraith... no wonder these guys look and act like this... I wonder if they all act in his name...

"If any of you scream one more time, I'll gag all of you!"

Jordan averted his eyes and avoided making any movement. If he was lucky, and he usually was. Being quite would let the guards know that he had heard them loud and clear. Alright goat-head... go back to the pasture...

21.jpg

#27 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:37 AM

Dgurritz snarled as he realized that his pouch was missing. Blast it all! Of all the rotten luck...

"Goblin be other, stupider word for Green-man."

The Goblin looked coldly at the rat-man and said "I not be green, mon: I be blue. Even a Rat can see dat."

Any more witty retorts that Dgurritz had in store promptly turned tail and fled at the awful wail that came from the Noblewoman's cage. If the sound that she had made upon awakening was the mating call of a walrus, then this noise was probably a Walrus being strangled by a Boa Constrictor, like one of the gigantic specimens that the Goblin had seen on his island.

Dgurritz clapped his hands to his ears and could have sworn that blood was leaking out of them.

"Shut up, yew stupid cow!" the Goblin yelling, trying unsuccessfully to yell over the woman's bawling "Ye'll bring the Guard upon us, an' Surt and the dead as well with all dat bawlin'!"

He was proved correct as two guards barged in.

"What in Xeshm's name is going on in here!?"

"If any of you scream one more time, I'll gag all of you!"

The Goblin put his head in his hands and probably groaned, though you counldn't really tell, as it was drowned out by the woman's wailing.

The name Xeshm sounded familiar, but he could not place it.

---

Chryseis was just about to agree with the water elf that they should remove the Siren's collar immediately upon their release, when the worst sound in the world assaulted her ears, or at least it's echoes.

The Dryad winced.

"I've heard a lot of creatures in pain," she commented "but that didn't sound like any that I've heard."

Edited by Dalton the Christmasy Guy, 21 December 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#28 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

((Noting a DM post change due to a mixup. Apologies. Some of the most recent posts will need to be edited accordingly.))

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#29 Ambad

Ambad

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:48 PM

"I am not a lantern!" Daria finally snapped, running across the lantern to shoulder-check the opposite wall, trying to tilt her prison downward. "I'm a pixie, okay? And the name's Daria." She added, fighting to keep her balance. "And if it's a him and a pirate, then he's mine, got it?" The fiery little pixie went on, trying to see what monster was intimidating who she now assumed was her long-time friend. "No... doing whatever it is things like you do."

The pirate glanced at the swaying lantern in slight annoyance and - obviously, due to the gag - said nothing, but he chewed at the rope in his mouth and shifted in his chains.

"Doesn't quite sound like he agrees with you on the whole 'being yours' deal," Charlotte noted, shrugging, adding teasingly, "And just what is it that you think 'things' like me might do?"

With that, she reached up and tilted the lantern base away from her, so that she could see the pixie, and likewise, so the pixie could see her. The tiny, winged woman wore the garb of a sailor, or what a sailor would wear if they were a scant few inches tall. Indeed, she appeared about as removed from one of the fey faeries of the inland forests as Charlotte herself looked from the vampires of Lady Nefertari's coven who originally converted her.

"Well, aren't you a lovely little thing?" She commented, then noticed Daria's bent wing and cringed, "Doesn't look like they handled you with kid gloves either, eh Daria? I'd offer to let you free, too, but I don't think you'd make it to land on that sprained flapper, and I don't want them to punish you for getting out when they capture you. But, hey, if this lad really is your Sebastian, I'll leave him untied if I can, and when he comes-to, he can stash you in his pocket and swim you both to shore."

Slowly, carefully, she tilted the lantern the opposite way, so that Daria could have a look at their mutual cellmate and determine his identity, if she knew it. "So, this him?" Charlotte asked, "Is Mr. Lovely Eyes here your darling pirate love Sebastian?" Then, to the man with the eyes himself, "I'll ungag you if you promise not to scream or yell or what have you. Think you can do that for me?"

-----

The gorilla-man didn't look at all convinced that this was the time for introductions as if they were just having tea, but he nonetheless stated, "I am King Grimfang Earthshaker IV, humiliated by capture. When I return to my people, I'll prove my strength to them once more and claim my rightful place."

"Ah, well... You'll forgive me if I don't bow properly, I hope, being tied up like this." Prisk nodded, trying to give an emphatic shrug, and only succeeding in clinking her chains quietly about her, "I won't get in your way, when you make your triumphant departure, but... if you happen to have time to free me along the way, I'll do what I can to help."

#30 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:16 PM

The pirate narrowed his eyes at the phrase "when he comes-to," growling something.

Then, to the man with the eyes himself, "I'll ungag you if you promise not to scream or yell or what have you. Think you can do that for me?"

Although he clearly wanted to ask her why he would scream or yell like an idiot right now, he simply nodded instead.

---

"Ah, well... You'll forgive me if I don't bow properly, I hope, being tied up like this." Prisk nodded, trying to give an emphatic shrug, and only succeeding in clinking her chains quietly about her, "I won't get in your way, when you make your triumphant departure, but... if you happen to have time to free me along the way, I'll do what I can to help."

"Indeed," was all Grimfang said.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#31 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:20 PM

"What in Xeshm's name is going on in here!?" a voice demanded, somehow cutting through Gertrude's wails and the rat-man's screeches. Another immediately joined him, one with a helm with long horns jutting out of the top. Gertrude was about to plead with them to release her, that surely this was a hilarious misunderstanding, that she couldn't be a prisoner, when--

"If any of you scream one more time, I'll gag all of you!"

Gertrude had gagged exactly once in her life, on a plate of particular mushy applesauce. It was unpleasant. She would not scream. No she would not. Instead, she would appeal to these gentlemen. Swallowing her tears and wiping her eyes (smudging her makeup in the process), she swallowed and found her voice. She tried to use the tone she used when speaking to a nobleman, but her voice was ragged by this point and was closer to a donkey than a woman.

"Surely there's some mistake," she said, barely more than a whisper. "I should not be here. I can't be here. I'm missing afternoon tea!"

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#32 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:09 PM

Shortly after speaking, Daria frowned as there was a grunt from the still-gagged man, before the woman spoke up.

"Doesn't quite sound like he agrees with you on the whole 'being yours' deal," Charlotte noted, shrugging, adding teasingly, "And just what is it that you think 'things' like me might do?"

Whitefoam scowled, ignoring her comment on the ‘deal’, as she phrased it. “I… I dunno! Things!” She said, still struggling to keep her balance. Her wings instinctively beat a few times to help, but pain just shot through her when her bent appendage moved too much, too fast. She winced when that happened, finally stopping her attempts to tilt the lantern with a groan. “O-ow…”

However, a moment later something big grabbed the bottom of her prison, and Daria yelped - it would probably sound more like a squeak to the two humans below - as the whole lantern tilted. Whitefoam managed to lean backward and rest a hand on the floor, so she simply slid down to the glass wall rather than tumble down into it face-first. That would’ve hurt, for sure. Daria pushed any further thoughts out of her head as she looked down at the two humans below.

Immediately, her heart sank, even before the vampire began talking. H-he’s… he’s not him. It’s not Sebastian…

"Well, aren't you a lovely little thing?" The much larger woman commented, before seeming to notice Daria's bent wing and cringed, "Doesn't look like they handled you with kid gloves either, eh Daria? I'd offer to let you free, too, but I don't think you'd make it to land on that sprained flapper, and I don't want them to punish you for getting out when they capture you. But, hey, if this lad really is your Sebastian, I'll leave him untied if I can, and when he comes-to, he can stash you in his pocket and swim you both to shore."

Daria wanted to say a million different things, then, as she reluctantly tore her eyes from not-Sebastian’s still rather attractive form, looking at the pirate woman below. “H-he’s…”

"So, this him?" Charlotte asked, "Is Mr. Lovely Eyes here your darling pirate love Sebastian?" Then, to the man with the eyes himself, "I'll ungag you if you promise not to scream or yell or what have you. Think you can do that for me?"

The pixie colored at Charlotte’s comment, her whole face going red. “I-I’m not-!” She began to say, but realized that was besides the point. “H-he’s not him, though.” She finally mumbled. “And… e-even if I can’t fly, you could still let me out. I’m not helpless, stuck on my own two feet.”

She definitely felt helpless, though, even if Daria put plenty of energy into her voice. She slid down into more of a sitting position, hugging her knees to her chest. I… h-he has to be in here somewhere, though! If weird wing-lady can-

She paused, suddenly looking at Charlotte and giving her a careful once over, her brows knitting together and her lips pursing with suspicion.

“Where are your wings?” The ‘Fae Queen’ asked, quietly… but not so that she couldn’t be heard by either  human.

#33 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:44 AM

A shout cut through the woman's wailing demanding that they shut up and, mercifully, the noble did. Vilk too shut his trap and looked in fear at the armored beings outside his cage as he pushed himself down to look as small as possible in the corner of his cage.

Vilk hated them and everything about them and imagined himself gouging out their shiny eyes in their sleep, a thought that brought a modicum of satisfaction to the rat-man. And when Vilk is kill them all, Vilk will take boat to treasure and Vilk will be rich and-

My map! Vilk realized that he hadn't checked for his map after he woke up, he'd been to busy being stunned in fright. He slipped arm underneath him, searching his chest frantically for the map that should be there while still trying to remain as still and submissive as possible to not earn the armored-men's ire. It should be right there...

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#34 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:15 AM

Adriana gritted her teeth at the wretched wailing.

"I've heard a lot of creatures in pain," The Dryad commented, "but that didn't sound like any that I've heard."

Dewitt made a noncommittal grunt. "At least the guards seem busy. One of you warn me if you hear them coming."

After looking around, Adriana saw an intact rat skeleton to one side of her cell, and something else was lodged between the ship boards in the darkness of the far corner.

Ignoring the deceased rodent for the moment, she reached out for the mysterious object and gripped it tightly, rocking it back and forth to try and unwedge it from between the boards and tug it loose.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#35 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

"Surely there's some mistake, I should not be here. I can't be here. I'm missing afternoon tea!"

Dgurritz' imagination painted a fond picture of him ripping apart his cage, and strangling the Noblewoman with her own stupid hair, which looked extremely fake.

However, his common sense, and a large amount of old bruises from when he had disobeyed his chieftain's orders, kept him from going all Goblingeddon on the woman, and he remained quiet in his cage.

He somehow doubted that the guards would be as kind.

---

"At least the guards seem busy. One of you warn me if you hear them coming."

The Dryad nodded, and kept an eye on the door.

#36 Ambad

Ambad

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:32 PM

The pixie colored at Charlotte's comment, her whole face going red. "I-I'm not-!" She began to say, but realized that was besides the point. "H-he's not him, though." She finally mumbled. "And... e-even if I can't fly, you could still let me out. I'm not helpless, stuck on my own two feet."

"What'd you do, stab them in the ankles with a sewing needle?" Charlotte asked incredulously, "That's about as high as I imagine you could reach."

"Where are your wings?" The 'Fae Queen' asked, quietly... but not so that she couldn’t be heard by either human.

"What wings?" the vampire asked, casting her eyes aside then quickly changing the subject, "Okay, well, if he's not your best mate Sebastian, I'm gonna... uh... incapacitate him now. So he don't cause me problems when I go to get outta here. And so he can't raise the alarm on me. You just sit still up there and I'll let you out when I go to leave."

She released the lantern and let it hang freely. Straightening her collar, Charlotte leaned down and looked the pirate right in the eyes. "Look, I'm... sorry for what I'm about to do, alright?" she explained, her cold breath breaking on his handsome features with each uttered word, "If I had another option, I'd take it. Believe me, I'd prefer anything else, but... Sorry, okay?"

Then, slowly and gently, she slid her head next to his, lowering her face until her mouth found that fleshy spot behind his collarbone, near his neck. Charlotte's whole body trembled in hunger, and her chest rose and fell one last time, blowing a chill over his skin, enough to cause goosebumps, before she opened her mouth wide and bit him. Instantly her mouth filled with hot, crimson, copper-smelling blood, and she couldn't make herself do anything but drink it rapid, greedy swallows...

#37 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:58 PM

Gertrude, Dgurritz, Vilk, Menorel:

The guards watched silently as a disheveled Gertrude tried to compose herself. Their helms hid their faces, making them look utterly impassive about it all.

"Surely there's some mistake," Gertrude said, barely more than a whisper. "I should not be here. I can't be here. I'm missing afternoon tea!"

For a moment, the guards were stunned. They exchanged looks, and the one with ram-horns suddenly burst into harsh laughter. He barked something in the tongue none of them understood, and his companion dismissed him with a wave. He turned to Gertrude again and spoke, his tone flat.

"When we reach the pits, tea won't be all you're missing."

"You're a slave now, wench," said the guard with the ram-horned helm, approaching Gertrude's cell. "Though perhaps you're more used to the term 'servant.' I imagine you won't last long. In any case, shut your bawling or I swear I'll gag you myself, and all your other smelly friends, here."

The guard with the crest of spikes and dragon horns, meanwhile, approached the bars to Rel's cell. "Can you eat with those things on your hands?" he asked simply. If he was trying to be compassionate at all, she certainly couldn't tell.

Meanwhile, as Vilk searched for his map, he quickly realized it was gone.

---

Adriana, Jordan, Chryseis, Kyra:

Adriana began to tug on the object wedged between the boards...

[Adriana - Luck Check - Critical Success!]

And she pulled out a surprisingly sharp utensil. It looked like it had once been a knife, but it was old and the handle was broken short. The blade, however, was mostly intact... and still sharp. It didn't look like much for a weapon, but if she could get a guard close enough, the blade was certainly thin and sharp enough to slide between plate armor and cause some serious damage.

She would, however, have to be very close - and very precise.

Chryseis, who was keeping watch, heard and saw nothing. Their room was silent - for now.

---

Charlotte, Daria:

While Charlotte hung Daria's lantern prison up again and turned her attention back to the pirate, he watched her silently. Something in his eyes seemed to indicate he knew just what was coming.

"Look, I'm... sorry for what I'm about to do, alright?" she explained, her cold breath breaking on his handsome features with each uttered word, "If I had another option, I'd take it. Believe me, I'd prefer anything else, but... Sorry, okay?"

The pirate, of course, could say nothing. Charlotte saw his nostrils flare as he twisted slightly in his chains, chewing at the rope in his mouth as he growled something borderline incomprehensible, but Charlotte felt sure there was some mention of Astra in there. That was the last sound he made before she bit his neck. A half cut-off scream ripped from his throat as she bit him, and his entire body locked up. In just a few seconds, Charlotte could feel herself growing warmer as she drank of his blood...

[Charlotte - Spirit Check - Critical Failure]

Try as she might to moderate herself and not drain him until he was nothing but a lifeless husk, Charlotte could do nothing. The blood was too appealing, too powerful - she was so hungry, and something about this pirate's blood appealed to her even more than usual... It was, at least in her current state, absolutely irresistible.

All she could do was bite down harder, sinking her fangs deeper into his skin as she kept drinking, not even pausing to take a breath and ignoring the uncontrollable shaking and sweating of her victim. She could hear the pirate moaning loudly, struggling to try and make her stop. But the more she drank, the less he moved, the harder his chest heaved... until he finally started going completely still.

---

Everyone:

Suddenly, the entire ship lurched. It wasn't enough to throw anyone off-balance - except for three, Gertrude, Charlotte, and Khasan. No matter the case, everyone could hear the wind picking up outside the ship. It was starting to roar, and they heard a loud rumble of thunder, like the growl of an angry beast all around them. The sea beat harshly on the hull, creating a terrible contrast to the calm lapping of the waves they'd listened to only moments before.

That, and all the swaying and bobbing on the unruly waves was enough to make one seasick and disoriented.

---

Gertrude, Dgurritz, Vilk, Menorel:

When the ship seemed to buck on the waters for half a second, Gertrude fell face-first into her bowl of gunk she was supposed to have been eating, where her rear had been moments ago. The guard with ram-horns, who had managed to keep his balance and clearly had good sea-legs, burst into laughter.

---

Charlotte, Daria:

Charlotte had her feast interrupted. The ship lurched to one side, and even as hard as she held onto the restrained pirate, she was flung to the other side of the small room instead. Her fangs left ghastly wounds in his neck as she was practically torn off, but a strikingly little amount of blood escaped the holes and the gashes her teeth had left. His skin had turned pale as a sheet, and his eyes were open but rolled back into his head, leaving only the whites of his eyes. If she drank one more drop from him, he'd surely die - and, as much as she'd drained from him already, he might not live, anyway.

While the pirate lay there motionless in a heap, still gagged and bound in all his chains, the lantern holding Daria swayed precariously just before it fell off its fixture and smashed on the ground. The pixie was shaken until she didn't know up from down, and had to cover her head when she realized her prison was being smashed - but, by some stroke of luck, none of the broken glass hit her. Now, as the ship swayed, the lantern rolled to one side and gave Daria a sizable hole from which to escape.

Meanwhile, Charlotte's keen hearing told her she didn't have long to do something before a guard came to investigate the noise from their little room. She heard voices down the hall, speaking in the language she didn't understand. No doubt they would come to check on them once they had secured the ship for the coming storm.

---

Khasan, Prisk, Tuukka:

The lurching ship, for half a second, put Khasan in a position to almost hang off the wall solely by his chains. He felt them strain under the weight of his body - until the ship was righted again, in spite of all its continuous swaying.

But the chains had certainly felt it when they had Khasan's entire weight put on them... Or was it the chains? After a moment, Khasan realized - the chains were sturdy as ever, but their securement into the wood behind him was not. The wood would give long before the chains did. If he tried, he may be able to pull himself free of the wall - but that wouldn't rid him of the restraints themselves, merely his being stuck to the wall of the ship.

Grimfang clearly noticed, huffing. "I felt the same," he said tersely. "I do not know if it's wise to free ourselves... But the chaos of this storm could be to our advantage." He paused. "That is... As long as the other prisoners can manage a ship through a storm. Otherwise, if we kill this crew now, we'll die either way."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#38 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

"I've heard a lot of creatures in pain, but that didn't sound like any that I've heard."

Jordan tried to ignore the noise, to no avail. When he heard the guards begin to threaten other prisoners, he checked in. "Whatever it is, it seems to get the guards speaking something we can understand."

"At least the guards seem busy. One of you warn me if you hear them coming."

Jordan noticed the siren taking a look towards the door, he decided to begin looking around his own cell for anything useful. "Either of you have names? I mean... we don't need to get to know each other. But something would be nice."

The boat began to rock and crash as Jordan held himself against the wall, he had his sealegs from years on the Cortina Mors. Still, it felt delirious from his one eyed perspective.

Edited by GhostlyCheese, 22 December 2015 - 11:44 PM.

21.jpg

#39 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

"What'd you do, stab them in the ankles with a sewing needle?" Charlotte asked incredulously, "That's about as high as I imagine you could reach."

Daria blinked, looking stunned. Did this woman believe the pixie was going to fight her way out? What was the point of fighting when you could hide, or better yet, get off the big, stupid boat one was stuck on? The pixie tried to put these thoughts into words shortly after making her ‘wings’ comment, which, perhaps understandably, was blown off.

"What wings?" the vampire asked.

“You know, the-” Whitefoam began to say, but Charlotte looked away and interrupted her.

"Okay, well, if he's not your best mate Sebastian, I'm gonna... uh... incapacitate him now. So he don't cause me problems when I go to get outta here. And so he can't raise the alarm on me. You just sit still up there and I'll let you out when I go to leave."

“W-wait, what? Incapaci-... what?”

Daria was sent tumbling, though, when the vampire released her hold on the lantern. The glass prison tilted back to its ordinary orientation, which concealed the two ‘giants’ from sight, much to the pixie’s annoyance. She quickly got back to her feet, charging the glass wall and pressing herself against it, trying to look down. “H-hey! Hey!”

"Look, I'm... sorry for what I'm about to do, alright?" The woman suddenly explained, "if I had another option, I'd take it. Believe me, I'd prefer anything else, but... Sorry, okay?"

Sorry for what? Sorry for what?!

And suddenly a horrible, half-scream erupted from the man’s throat. Daria froze, one hand going up to cover her open mouth as her jaw dropped, the blood-curdling sound cutting off shortly after. Rather than breath a sigh of relief, though, the pixie stumbled away from the edge of the glass, half-expecting blood to shoot up and coat the walls of the closet. The mere thought of what might be going on caused Whitefoam to finally misstep, sending her bottom to the lantern floor, where she remained in stunned shock for a few moments.

There was a precious moment of almost complete silence… and then the ship sailed right into a bloody storm.

Daria screamed as the sudden swaying of the ship sent her lamp careening around its fixture, bouncing the pixie around like a marble in a jar; right up until the the hook slipped, and everything fell. Whitefoam’s screaming was intermittently interrupted by grunts and yelps of pain as the lantern smashed against the ground, cracking all around her and rolling about enough to send her on the roller coaster ride of her life. Eventually, though, the lantern rolled up against one wall of the closet, and the stunned pixie laid on the new floor of her prison, still groaning.

And staring at a somewhat jagged hole in the lantern, though it took her a few long moments to realize it. Just outside, though she could see Charlotte leaning against one wall of the small closet, with Carver lying unconscious and pale on the opposite wall. Daria gulped, staring out at the scene, and vaguely wondering where all the blood was. Well, part of her was, while the other was thankful there hardly seemed to be any. Either way, though, two realizations hit her almost simultaneously: the first being that she was only free as long as the hole wasn’t stuck against the floor or another wall, and that there was a huge, man-eating monster between herself and freedom.

Oh, and there were probably guards coming. That was another problem… though in this one case, it seemed to be a problem for later.

Either way, Daria decided freedom was better than safety, and scurried out of her prison, though she hurried along the edge of it and hid beside it, trying to stay out of Charlotte’s sight. This was made somewhat difficult by the lurching of the ship, but she hoped it wasn’t impossible while she looked for a way out… while trying not to look at Carver’s body.

If I can find a mousehole, or a rathole, or… some kind of hole, I’m saved! Orrr I can just walk out the front door. She realized, glancing at the small crack left in the slightly ajar doorway. I’m not sure if even I can fit through there, though… or if I’ll be spotted the second I step out.

So she looked for a more subtle way out, but if none were visible, she’d rush the obvious exit and look for cover out there.

-----

Welp, no guards were coming anytime soon, judging by the awful sound coming from elsewhere on the ship. Kyra winced at it, her ears being more used to the heavenly siren songs back home. Dying monstrosities were another thing entirely.

"I've heard a lot of creatures in pain," the dryad commented. "but that didn't sound like any that I've heard."

The elf, meanwhile, tried to ignore the noise. "Whatever it is, it seems to get the guards speaking something we can understand."

Dewitt made a noncommittal grunt. "At least the guards seem busy. One of you warn me if you hear them coming."

Gustin watched the human search around her cell, and the dryad kept an eye on the door. The elf, meanwhile, noticed her taking a look towards the door, herself.

"Either of you have names? I mean... we don't need to get to know each other, but for what it's worth. I'm Jordan." He began saying, bringing a frown to Kyra’s face. Or rather, what little was visible of it.

“Mrhmrh mrhmrh.” The siren offered sarcastically, staring sullenly at the bars of her cage. “Mrhmrhmrh mrhmrh?”

#40 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:07 AM

Dgurritz' head almost smashed into the floor of his cage as the ship bucked like a unbroken horse. The Goblin groaned:

The Ship had sailed into a bloody storm!

"Just my luck," Dgurritz thought "to escape death, only to be tortured by a moaning cow and a wild sea."

---

Chryseis only wavered slightly as the ship bucked: her brief time at sea had given her decent enough sea-legs not to fall down.

"Either of you have names? I mean... we don't need to get to know each other, but for what it's worth. I'm Jordan."

Chryseis seemed surprised by the Elf, Jordan, who had been so anti-social a few minutes before, now wanted a first name basis with everyone on board.

Nonetheless she said "I'm Chryseis."

Mrhmrh mrhmrh. Mrhmrhmrh mrhmrh?

The Dryad hid a smile before saying "I think introductions can wait until we get out of here, or at least until we can ugag you."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users