NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Zone - The Warm Wood

39 replies to this topic

#1 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:10 PM

Mimiriholt was a place unlike any other, a forest that not only stretched for miles all around its center but was also blessed with a warmth unbecoming of a place so far to the north. This made it an ideal home for all sorts of creatures, whether big or small, corporeal or… less so. Trees largely of the sort found in the north in general rose high into the air, forming a rather unique skyline, especially given the presence of Mimameidr and her many guardians, several being large enough to add to the view or else could be seen flying around the enormous tree at times.

At any rate, not all of the forest was as peaceful, blessed, or particularly magical as the rest, and as one headed further toward the borders to the north and east, they found the place becoming ever-so-slightly more normal. The presence of dryads, elves, trolls, pixies, and other sorts kept the place more than fascinating enough for anyone of the human persuasion, but if one was journeying from the center of the elven presence in these woods, they would notice a distinct difference in these parts of the woods. This was the Warm Wood.

------

Near the edge of this Wood, a small clearing formed in the trees. Tiny houses either hung from or extended out of the trunks of many of the trees encircling this clearing, their elegant and colorful build - not to mention their scale - making it clear they were the homes of pixies. However, rather unusually, the clearing was silent and empty. The houses, usually open and flooded with cheerful pixies going about their daily business, were all shut tight and eerily quiet.

Odder still, a massive white varg paced impatiently across the clearing. Clodagh had been there for quite some time, accompanied only by ‘Kyle’ Bloodmoon, as he was a member of her pack. She’d ordered others to scout around, keeping her newest recruit nearby as her vargs searched the borders of the Warm Wood for answers to some very odd sightings. It was these strange sights that were the reason the woods were unnaturally silent, and the pixies had retreated into the safety of their homes.

It pained Clodagh to see such (relatively) innocent little creatures having to fear for their lives just because of rumors.

She let out a frustrated growl, but before she could do anything more she and her larger packmate heard the sound of approaching footsteps. A rag-tag band of various creatures - ranging from a stone troll to a young dragon - entered the clearing, clearly wondering what was happening. Clodagh blinked, glancing at Kyle - she only ever referred to him as such, possibly because ‘Bloodmoon’ was a name that reminded her too strongly of his… origins, before looking over the small group of other forest-dwellers.

“Greetings,” Clodagh said with impatience evident in her tone, even though it was not directed toward those gathered. “I’m sure you’re all here for the same reason. Kyle,” she paused to nod toward her fellow varg,” and I share it. An evil has entered these sacred woods.”

She began to pace up and down the rough line formed by the adventurers. “My pack has found many small groups of goblins and the like apparently scouting the woods near here, and are now hunting for more information behind this. It is doubtless the jotnar have something planned… we just need to find out what it is, and stop it.” Clodagh finished, pausing in the middle of the line.

She cleared her throat, as if realizing something, and dipped her head slightly. “Ah, for those of you who don’t know, I’m Clodagh, titled ‘the Fierce’ by both friend and foe. Kyle is a member of my pack, but… I don’t know any of you.” She paused, glancing at the dragon and tilting her head slightly. “Except perhaps you. Or rather, I know of your lineage.”

Clodagh glanced around at the others. “As for the rest of you, we have some time to spare and… mingle. I doubt many of you know who each other are, and if we need to fight together, we ought to know about each other.”

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#2 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

Lövgren was curiously exited. This was not an unusual state of mind for the young dragon, in fact it was fairly common. So common, in fact, that one would be hard pressed to find him in any other emotional state, besides being playful and happy. The young dragon was almost invariably exited and this time was no different except perhaps he was more so than usual. The reason for this was all the new faces around him and there were few things that Lövgren enjoyed more than making friends. He smiled widely at all the different people in the clearing, momentarily overwhelmed by all the new friends he was about to make.

Perhaps unfortunately for all others involved this did not last for long. Soon enough Lövgren leaped to the odd She-Elf, Liriel Vysalen, immediately invading her personal space by shoving his head up and down her person. His cloven tongue slipped in and out, taking in her sent, before he just as quickly pulled his head back and declared in a jovial fashion; "You smell funny! I've never seen an elf like you, are there more somewhere? I'm Lövgren, what's you name?" As he talked the young dragon leaped forward again to the elf's left, his long neck twisting around her, examining her from every angle before coming back on the other side, his big frame skipping along before settling on her right. 

Before the exited dragon could say any more to the Sea Elf his attention was grabbed by Clodagh addressing the group. At the mention of him and his linage he smiled brightly at the varg. "Gran say's nice things of you," he announced for all to hear. "She says I can learn things from you! Or was it of you..." Without missing a beat he turned back to Liriel, immediately forgetting the previous line of thought and instead returning to her. "You smell of salt," Lövgren elaborated on his previous statement with a wide smile.

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#3 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:50 PM

The river had ended. Or rather, it had begun. It had opened up into a great, still mix of earth and water and trees. But he was not meant to stay there. He was meant to follow the spirits, and they had lead him into a great forest.

Ne'eshj had followed the spirits through the forest. It was a strange forest. Ancient. Full of different voices, and strange creatures. Warm and inviting. Ne'eshj had hidden, and he had evaded, following the spirits to the place he should be. But when he got there, he was taken aback.

In a wooded city, with houses built on trees, before him was a clearing in the woods, and in it stood men and large creatures that inspired fear in his heart. A massive wolf. A small dragon. Ne'eshj could feel the power of these woods, and the strength of the spirits therein. He could see the wisdom in being here. But from his hidden place at the edge of the clearing, asking the spirits of the foliage to hide him and cover him, asking the wind not to carry his scent to the noses of the beasts, Ne'eshj deliberated the tact of entering the circle in the trees and revealing himself to this frightening assortment of beings.

Ne'eshj removed his mask, and entered the edge of the clearing, his hands empty. He waved long and slow, seeking a welcome into the group.

rsz_17103456_804341766390322_88650203142     rsz_17103583_210540556092434_55832859985     rsz_17155802_10212220403766592_217493358     

#4 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:17 PM

John Merek entered the clearing cautiously: he was not overly found of Vargs, he had some bad bad experiences with evil Varg packs in the past, but the fate of the forest seem more important than his petty grievances.

The people who had answered Clodagh's call were mostly Elves, but there was another Varg, along with a Stone Troll and a young Dragon, and...a human of all things. The Half-Elf-Half-Dwarf was surprised to see a human in the Warm Woods, but he made his way over to him.

John stuck out his hand and said "Och, Ah'm pleased tae meet-" he paused, cleared his throat, and said "Pleased to meet you, my name is John Merek, what's your's?"

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:26 PM

Kyle Bloodmoon sat back on his haunches and watched all the strangers show up. His blood red eyes glanced over everyone present as they all split up and began to talk amongst themselves. His ears twitched as everyone split up. The troll in the corner of the clearing was also being rather ignored as the more humanoid creatures spoke to each other instead - or, well, mostly humanoid. Kyle snorted and laid down on his belly, resting his chin on his front paws. He was bored, and to be blunt, he had no real desire to work with these strangers.

Rock, meanwhile, wasn't going to happily let himself be left alone in silence, like the black varg. The massive stone troll roved his gaze over everyone, smiling in curiosity as he headed closer to the group, his footsteps loud and thudding.

He ended up approaching some of the humanoids: John Merek and Ne'esh - and Clodagh, who had approached Ne'esh already and spoken. The troll had to lean over - even if he was already hunched - even to loom just a little closer over their heads.

"Hullo little peoples," the troll said, his voice deep as rolling thunder and gravelly as a rockslide, but his tone friendly. "Me name Rock. What you names?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

Ne'eshj stood at the edge of the clearing, a bit hesitant to walk right in. But the spirits called to him, and pulled on his feet, telling him to go into the place. So his feet moved, and he approached with a stoic face, his blood rushing, prepared for... what? Combat? Diplomacy? The spirits were surely guiding him to victory in either, but Ne'eshj wasn't such which. Would the men understand his speech? Would the beasts understand his soul?

As he came closer to the group, nearing the humans, a short and stout, strong man with great hair coming from his face walked up to him and stuck out his hand. "Och, Ah'm pleased tae meet-" Ne'eshj blinked, a bit overwhelmed at the strange sounds. He was disappointed, it didn't seem like they spoke the same language after all... "Pleased to meet you, my name is John Merek, what's your's?" Wait. No, Ne'eshj definitely understood that part. Relief spread over him and his semi-stoic face. Regarding the short man's outstretched hand, he grasped it by the wrist and shook with strength. "I am Ne'eshj. I come from far away islands, I-" Ne'eshj became distracted as there came approaching an enormous... thing. Like a great, fat man with strange skin. The Islander stared with an open mouth. 

"Hullo little peoples," the troll said in a voice deep and gravelly, and also amicable. "Me name Rock. What you names?" Ne'eshj was relieved to find he understood the beast as well. 

Looking up at it with a gaping mouth, Ne'eshj touched his chest and showed the great thing his palm. "I am Ne'eshj," he replied with a voice fortified against the gaping wonder inside of him, "I come from far away islands. I was lead here by the spirits." He added, looking back at John Merek, continuing to include him in his explanation about the spirits. "They brought me here, but I do not know why. Why are you all gathered here? For what do you wait?" He asked in a slow voice.

rsz_17103456_804341766390322_88650203142     rsz_17103583_210540556092434_55832859985     rsz_17155802_10212220403766592_217493358     

#7 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

"I am Ne'eshj. I come from far away islands, I-"

"Hullo little peoples, Me name Rock. What you names?"

John looked at the Stone Troll, and offered his hand to the enormous creature, saying "Hello, Rock, I'm John Merek, I'm pleased to meet you."

"They brought me here, but I do not know why. Why are you all gathered here? For what do you wait?"

John gestured at Clodagh and said "She summoned us here: the Forest is in danger from the Chaos Races, and her scouts have found small groups of Goblins and other things wandering around in here..."

He trailed off, and then said "I don't know how things on your Island worked, but you know what a Goblin is, right? They're about yea high, have green skin, big ears, and pointy noses?"

"Anyway, Clodagh has given us a while to talk before we go and find out what th' little bu-" he paused and cleared his throat again, and said "Sorry about that, it's because of my heritage: being Half-Dwarf causes me to have an accent sometimes. Anyways, we're going to talk for a while until we go and find out what they're up to." 

#8 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

Clodagh frowned slightly as she noticed a couple of the gathered beings approach the edge of the clearing, apparently talking to someone new. She glanced sideways at Kyle, motioning for the other varg to follow her with a tilt of her head before quietly approaching the small gathering, her curiosity peaked. A latecomer I can understand, she thought, but one that attracts this much interest? That’s new.

As she got close enough that she could smell more than the hulking stone troll, though, she realized what exactly had piqued their interest. It’s… a man? A human?

As the varg got closer, she could hear the man speaking. "I am Ne'eshj," he replied, with an accent Clodagh had never heard before. His scent, too, was strange, "I come from far away islands. I was lead here by the spirits." He added, looking back at the half-dwarf, half-elf, continuing to include him in his explanation about the spirits. "They brought me here, but I do not know why. Why are you all gathered here? For what do you wait?" He asked in a slow voice.

John gestured at Clodagh and said: "She summoned us here: the forest is in danger from the Chaos Races, and her scouts have found small groups of goblins and other things wandering around in here..."

He trailed off, and then said "I don't know how things on your Island worked, but you know what a Goblin is, right? They're about yea high, have green skin, big ears, and pointy noses?"

An island? No wonder he smells like the odd-looking elf. The sea. That’s it...

"Anyway, Clodagh has given us a while to talk before we go and find out what th' little bu-" he paused and cleared his throat again, and said "Sorry about that, it's because of my heritage: being Half-Dwarf causes me to have an accent sometimes. Anyways, we're going to talk for a while until we go and find out what they're up to."

The snow-white varg snorted, stepping up beside the elf. She could’ve easily stood behind the short humanoid and spoken well over her head, considering her huge size, but even the weathered warrior had some concept of manners.

“You seem to have a few facts muddled up already,” Clodagh said, sounding more amused than anything. “Perhaps being half-dwarf meddles with your brain as much as it does your tongue.” She teased rather good-naturedly - albeit if Kyle cared to hear, he’d notice it was a little forced - before turning her attention to the islander newcomer, Ne’eshj. She bowed her head slightly in greeting.

“As the half-blood was saying, Ne’eshj, you’ve come at a bad time to enjoy the sights of Mimiriholt,” the varg said, “but if you assist us, I promise you as much access to the forest as I and my pack enjoy. I am certain the spirits would not mind.”

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#9 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:02 PM

"She summoned us here." The "half-dwarf" said, indicating to one of the massive wolves, which was coming towards them. "The forest is in danger from the Chaos Races, and her scouts have found small groups of goblins and other things wandering around in here..." After a pause, John went on to explain what a "Goblin" was. What Chaos Races were. It was all very interesting. United Races fighting other united Races.
The great white wolf came up alongside the Dwarf, and after a bit of banter about his race, began talking with Ne'eshj, clarifying some points.
As the half-blood was saying, Neeshj, youve come at a bad time to enjoy the sights of Mimiriholt, the varg said, but if you assist us, I promise you as much access to the forest as I and my pack enjoy. I am certain the spirits would not mind.
It was odd to see a wolf's mouth move and speak like a man. But Ne'eshj understood completely.
"War, then. I know war." He nodded. The spirits had lead him to a war party, he could certainly help. "I can fight with the power of the spirits. I believe I will be of much use to you." He took his packroll off of his back, preparing to string his bow, wrap on his thick skins and prepare his weapons for battle.
"I do not have enough arrows to do battle, however." He only had three, not needing many to hunt. "In this town, can I be armed?"

#10 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

Mingling... being friendly isn't my strong suit... but thanks, Clodagh.

Jacen sighed, peering out from under his hood, and laying against a tree. He had been one of the quietest ones at the meeting. He pulled a small bag of herbs from his pocket. Herolled a small ball of leaves and chewed it, leaving his breathe minty and fresh, to distract from the alcohol he'd ingested earlier. Alright... that's enough of the hard liquor for today... I really need to start being responsible for myself again...

Kingsfoil's hair was long and a tad of a mess. But he hadn't really been on top of himself the last few days, or was it weeks? He couldn't keep track anymore. Most nights were him traveling bar to bar. Town to town, doing monster slayer work if it got him money for a room at a inn and a few drinks.

When he'd heard of this Clodagh the Fierce assembling anyone connected to the forest for something. It seemed like a better cause then mercenary work. Maybe it was the battle he was looking for? Or it could just be another waste of time. Jacen itched the tattoo on his arm. The deep blue symbol was once a sign of honour. Now he tried to forget it was there.

From behind them came a newcomer, a man from the islands. The short man with the beard was one of the first to approach him. Ive heard strange things about Islanders. I'll be cautious around him... at least until I know he won't shrink my head or pull my heart out whilst chanting some curse. Jacen stood up, and approached the half-elf. Might as well get friendly, it seemed there won't be many times I won't be around them..

Jacen walked towards Liriel Vysalen, pulling his hood down as he drew closer. He stood a far distance away and then spoke softly and quietly. Man of few words...

"My name is Jacen, Vena-" He stopped for a moment and cleared his throat. "Vagabond."

"I don't expect you to give me your name... but if you do. I will remember it, you won't have to tell me twice. You have my word." Jacen said, his voice seemed distant, but true.

Edited by GhostlyCheese, 27 October 2015 - 10:21 PM.

21.jpg

#11 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:33 AM

You seem to have a few facts muddled up already, Perhaps being half-dwarf meddles with your brain as much as it does your tongue.

John smirked, although anyone could see that it was forced, and said "You're right there, I'm pretty confused about what we're doing myself. All I know is that there are Orcs, Goblins, and who knows else to fight, but I'm in as long as I get to send a few of the scum packing to the Underworld."

As the half-blood was saying, Ne’eshj, you’ve come at a bad time to enjoy the sights of Mimiriholt, but if you assist us, I promise you as much access to the forest as I and my pack enjoy. I am certain the spirits would not mind.

"War, then. I know war. I can fight with the power of the spirits. I believe I will be of much use to you. I do not have enough arrows to do battle, however. In this town, can I be armed?" 

"I can lend you some of mine," the Half-Elf-Half-Dwarf said as he pulled several arrows from his quiver and handed them to the Islander "I can spare a few at the moment, and I can always buy or make some more later." 

#12 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

"I can lend you some of mine," the mixturious man said as he pulled several arrows from his quiver and handed them to Ne'eshj. "I can spare a few at the moment, and I can always buy or make some more later." Ne'eshj received a bunch of arrows into his hands. "I am grateful." He said, inspecting them. They were very well made, and though slightly heavier than his arrows, they would work fine with his bow.
"These are well made. They are of your making?" Ne'eshj asked the 'elf-dwarf' as he knelt and unrolled his packroll. He removed his thick skins and their wrapping cords, his fighting knives and hatchet. He strung his bow, having unbundled it from a couple rattan sticks salvaged from oar of his canoe. They were wonderful weapons, and very useful tools.

With his bow strung, he tied his knives and their wooden sheaths onto the inside of his belt. He then wrapped his thick skins; layers of leather between which whalebones slid. With his body protected, Ne'eshj removed clamshells of warpaint, and after offering it to the Rainbow Serpent with a gesture to the sky, began painting and annointing his face, body and weapons with the sacred hues of his god. He hummed and lightly sang the songs of war, which were sometimes words, and most times wordless, which reflected the things of war that could not be explained, and could not be told. Or did they represent those who could no longer sing? Ne'eshj thought solemnly.

Having finished his preparations, he sat on the earth to continue speaking with his fellow warriors, but also to commune with the earth, and ask their help in battle.

#13 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:54 PM

Liriel looked around the clearing with some interest. Many others, it seemed, had hear the same rumors she had, and had likewise come to investigate. It was an unusual assemblage no doubt, and one that probably would have sent her running for the hills back when she'd first arrived in this land, but, as well-traveled as she now was, to her the strangest being present was the one that looked like a short bearded elf.

She listened as the white varg spoke. Goblins... she'd never even heard of them prior to coming to the mainland, but since then her duties as a Longstrider had caused her to cross paths —and weapons— with them on a number of occasions. She grimaced a bit at the thought of the vicious little creatures being loose in Mimiriholt.

“Ah, for those of you who don’t know, I’m Clodagh, titled ‘the Fierce’ by both friend and foe. Kyle is a member of my pack, but… I don’t know any of you. Except perhaps you. Or rather, I know of your lineage."

That piqued her interest. She had heard of Clodagh from a few of her fellow Longstriders, but, despite having met a few vargs, had never had the chance to meet the scarred leader herself. She gave a slight but respectful nod towards the white varg. 

She considered introducing herself to some of the others present, but before she could do more than consider it, she found her vision occluded by the large, scaly, bright green head of the —relatively— small dragon —far too close for comfort as it moved up and down her body, tongue flicking like a snake's. She instinctively shied back a bit, not exactly sure how to deal with such a display from an intelligent creature the size of a house. She'd 'met' a dragon exactly once before —more precisely, she'd been completely ignored by a dragon as it flew overhead, and from what stories she'd heard about them, that was rather typical.

"You smell funny! I've never seen an elf like you, are there more somewhere? I'm Lövgren, what's you name?"

This dragon —she assumed it was young based on its size— on the other hand, seemed to combine the manic energy of a hummingbird with the inquisitiveness and lack of a sense of personal space of those funny creatures —'dogs'— that humans sometimes kept.

"You smell of salt."

'Really?' she wondered distractedly. Sure, she had swum up the coast on her way here, but the last couple days of the trip had been spent in a river —she wouldn't have thought any salt would be left on her. "Well, I was swimming in the ocean a few days ago" she said with a slightly awkward smile, having finally recovered her wits enough to reply to the dragon.

Before she could say anything more, she was interrupted by a rather soft voice.

"My name is Jacen, Vena- Vagabond. I don't expect you to give me your name... but if you do. I will remember it, you won't have to tell me twice. You have my word."

She turned to see a rather ordinary-looking wood-elf standing oddly far away. 'Well, he seems rather... serious' she thought, puzzled at the somewhat over-the-top solemnity of his words —it was an introduction, not an execution.

"I'm Liriel" she replied good-naturedly. "Liriel Vysalen" she continued, turning back to the dragon, having realized that he'd asked the same question before. 

"So, what brings you two here?" she asked, addressing the question to both Lövgren and Jacen.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#14 Balder

Balder

• 155 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

"Well, I was swimming in the ocean a few days ago" the odd elf replied with a slightly awkward smile, having finally recovered her wits enough to reply to the dragon. This in turn would have made Lövgren smile if it wasn't for him smiling already, but he did tilt his head inquisitively at Liriel.

"The ocean? I've never been to the ocean! What's it like?" It wasn't that Lövgren didn't know of the ocean, however he'd only ever heard of it from his family, never actually from someone that came from it.

But when another elf started introducing himself some distance away from liriel and Lövgren the young dragons attention was immediately caught but the soft spoken fellow. "My name is Jacen, Vena- Vagabond. I don't expect you to give me your name... but if you do. I will remember it, you won't have to tell me twice. You have my word."

With a jovial laugh Lövgren again showed of his disregard of personal space as he leaped from one elf to another, shoving his big head into the arms and chest of Jacen, nuzzling him affectionately. "Don't to be so serious Jacen Venavagabond, we're all friends here after all. I'm Lövgren and this is-" This was when Lövgren realized that he hadn't gotten sea elf's name yet, though luckily when he turned back with a questioning look she gave it good-naturedly.

"I'm Liriel. Liriel Vysalen"

"-Liriel Liriel Vysalen" Lövgren finished proudly.

"So what brings you two here" Liriel asked. 

"The spirits led me here" Lövgren answered eagerly, gesturing to the various spirits around the pixie town, not realizing that his friends could not see them as he did. "They say that a bunch of meanie goblins been running around and I figured that I could come here and prove myself to gran!" As he finished he struck a pose and gazed of into the distance in a way he thought seemed heroic. "I will make granny proud!"

#15 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:07 PM

After speaking with the Sea-Elf, th voice of Rock boomed towards him like a shockwave. It almost made him stumble and fall. "Hullo little peoples. Me name Rock. What you names?"

A troll? I haven't met any of their kind before... I need to ask him about something...

Jacen turned to the large, stone-like being, an bowed slightly to show respect. "Hello Rock, interesting name... I'm Jacen, and if you have a moment. I would like to ask you something..." Jacen said, or asked, as he moved towards him. Hoping he wouldn't get stepped on or not seen as the troll ran off.

"I've always wanted to ask a troll this... did your up have parents? I mean, you know. A Dah and Mah?" Jacen said, hoping the names he used for his mother and father would help the Troll understand what he was talking about. [i]I've heard a lot of far fetched theories about this... hopefully he understands what I going at here

21.jpg

#16 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:09 AM

"I am grateful. These are well made. They are of your making?

"Nay," John said, smiling, "I didn't make them. They were made by some smith that I bought them from some time in the past."

As the Islander went about with what must be some sort of ritual, the Half-Elf-Half-Dwarf looked around for someone else to talk to, as he did not want to interrupt the man's ritual. He noticed the dragon talking with a few of the other Elves and made his way over to them.

He stood out of their ring of conversation, waiting to be noticed, as he did not want to interrupt whatever they were doing...especially since the Dragon seemed to have more energy than a young puppy.

#17 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:41 AM

Jacen turned to the large, stone-like being, an bowed slightly to show respect. "Hello Rock, interesting name... I'm Jacen, and if you have a moment. I would like to ask you something..." Jacen said, or asked, as he moved towards him.

Rock gave a big smile, leaning down to listen to the question.

"I've always wanted to ask a troll this... did your up have parents? I mean, you know. A Dah and Mah?" Jacen said.

The troll nodded. "Yup, Rock had mommy and daddy," he replied. "Dey proud of Rock." He lifted one huge, thick arm to gesture vaguely in the direction of the Jagged Edge. "Mommy and Daddy gone back to da stone. Rock happy for dem... but Rock miss parents. Dey taught Rock lotsa stuff. How to cook and how talk to land..."

With a wave of one hand, the plants beneath Rock's gesture moved as if in an invisible breeze. A butterfly fluttered toward his hand, and he extended a massive stony finger, upon which the butterfly landed perfectly. Rock smiled.

"...and how talk to animals." He gently lowered his hand to show Jacen the beautiful little butterfly, solid bright yellow. "Rock owes lots to parents."

The butterfly turned and seemed to look at Jacen. Rock grinned.

"She say you look real serious," he informed.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#18 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:09 PM

"Don't to be so serious Jacen Venavagabond, we're all friends here after all. I'm Lövgren and this is-" The juvenile dragon said, nuzzling into Jacen's chest and invading his personal space.

"That's not my... never mind." Jacen sighed, he patted Lövgren on the head and looked over at the Sea-Elf.

"I'm Liriel" she replied good-naturedly. "Liriel Vysalen" she continued, turning back to the dragon, having realized that he'd asked the same question before.

"Beautiful name." Jacen said, almost distant. "In some languages, it means, 'perfect'." He added.

"So, what brings you two here?" she asked, addressing the question to both Lövgren and Jacen.

"Fate." Jacen said. "Fate told me to come here. It might not make sense to you, but to some it would." He added. I can only hope that this can balance my scales when it's my time to be weighed at the gates to Purgatory...

---

The troll nodded. "Yup, Rock had mommy and daddy," he replied. "Dey proud of Rock." He lifted one huge, thick arm to gesture vaguely in the direction of the Jagged Edge. "Mommy and Daddy gone back to da stone. Rock happy for dem... but Rock miss parents. Dey taught Rock lotsa stuff. How to cook and how talk to land..."

"The Stone, what's that?.." Jacen had asked, but it seemed that Rock had drifted off, and his attention was now leaded on a butterfly, that had landed on his hand.

"...and how talk to animals." He gently lowered his hand to show Jacen the beautiful little butterfly, solid bright yellow. "Rock owes lots to parents."

If only the same could be said about mine... then I wouldn't be here...

"Beautiful." Jacen said, quietly, more to himself then Rock. As a ranger, he had always felt like he had a touch to nature. But not like Rock, Rock was part of the natural world. A conduit between the mortal word and the earth.

The butterfly turned and seemed to look at Jacen. Rock grinned.

"She say you look real serious," he informed.

Jacen actually cracked a smile. Something that hadn't broken the serious vail of his face in what seemed like eternity. "There are just some days, Rock. When my face, is the same as yours..." Jacen said, forgetting that he was talking to someone who was equal to a six year old in some forms.

"Why are you here Rock? Why did you decide to help Clodagh? Or did you know her before?" He asked. Looking at the butterfly in Rock's hands.

I wish I was like the butterfly. The butterfly sings it's songs and beats its wings. Not knowing that soon it will die. It only knows that it is one of the purest things in this world. And it hopes that someone will see it's true beauty before it dies.

Edited by GhostlyCheese, 29 October 2015 - 08:18 PM.

21.jpg

#19 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

"The ocean? I've never been to the ocean! What's it like?"

"Um..." Liriel uttered, a little stumped by the question. How did one describe the air? "Well, it's big and... blue. Like an immeasurably vast lake, but salty" she said after a moment.

"Don't to be so serious Jacen Venavagabond, we're all friends here after all. I'm Lövgren and this is -Liriel Liriel Vysalen." 

"Just call me 'Liriel'" she interjected graciously, not bothering to try and correct the dragon. He was rather young, it seemed.

"Beautiful name. In some languages, it means, 'perfect'."

She gave an easy grin at the flattery. "In mine it means 'song of the Gods' —I like that better" she retorted lightly.

"The spirits led me here. They say that a bunch of meanie goblins been running around and I figured that I could come here and prove myself to gran! I will make granny proud!"

Liriel couldn't help but smile at the dragon's antics, as he struck a pose. But, she did wonder... "You mean, your grandmother wants to see you fight?" she asked, curious.

"Fate. Fate told me to come here. It might not make sense to you, but to some it would."

"It makes as much sense as any" she replied. "In any event, what's important is that you came" she said warmly. Jacen was a rather grim figure —it seemed to her that he could use a bit of encouragement.

As she paused for a moment, she noticed the strange short bearded elf standing a little ways away, watching them, seemingly reticent to jump into the conversation. "And what brings you here?" she called to the man welcomingly, gesturing for him to join in.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#20 Balder

Balder

• 155 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:06 AM

"Just call me 'Liriel'" she interjected graciously, not bothering to try and correct the dragon. He was rather young, it seemed.

"Okay Liriel" Lövgren happily agreed while prruming* in response to Jacens light patting.

After Lövgren separated from Jacen to strike his pose Liriel smiled, paused and had a curious look befall her. "You mean, your grandmother wants to see you fight?"

Now Lögren didn't actually know if Gronvaenga wanted him to take to battle, he only assumed so which was why he was there. Unfortunately Liriels inquiry didn't make him think things over again as he should, had he done so maybe he would have realized that his grandmother would prefer him not to get into too much danger, not to mention how his mother would feel about it. Instead he laughed it of in his carefree way. "Of course she would! Wouldn't your gran want the same" he asked rhetorically, the answer obvious in his mind.

"Fate. Fate told me to come here. It might not make sense to you, but to some it would."

"Pffrrt! Don't be silly. There is no such thing as fate. Fate is just an excuse for when something bad happens. This was not fate. This was a happy coincident!" He smiled warmly down at Jacen, meaning only the best. "Cheer up would you, you're among friends."

When Liriel brought attention to the half-elf standing to the side Lövgren reacted predictably. Swiftly bouncing over to John, Lövgren curled his long body around him, attention firmly fixed at the half-elf's beard, a claw coming dangerously close to Johns face in order to poke his beard. Lövgren had never seen an elf with a beard, though he had seen dwarves with mighty examples of such. And judging from his smell Lövgren concluded that this was a half-dwarf-half-elf. "Hi I'm lövgren! This is Liriel Liriel Vysalen, but she prefers Liriel" He gestured with his his tail tip at mentioned elf. "And there is Jacen Venavagabond" Lövgren introduced Jacen by pointing his snout at him before turning back to John. "Are you a dwarf-elf? Elf-dwarf? Dwelf?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users