NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Arrowfall ((OLD))

376 replies to this topic

#41 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:48 AM

"Thanks," Galina said and she pulled her blouse back over her head. "So, where did you learn to play and sing?" She asked as she stepped closer to him.

Ben didn't budge when she got closer, but he noticeably tensed just a little. "I taught myself," he replied, trying not to sound halfway distracted by how close she stood. "Nobody in my family approved of it, so I taught myself and played for myself. Still do."

As she got nearer to Ben, she realized he smelled like he'd only just taken a bath. "Wow," she said, "you smell good."

"You smell good, too," Ben replied, still seeming distracted. But he realized what had just been exchanged and paused, glancing her up and down. He hesitantly started lifting his hands up to her waist, but he stopped himself.

"Maybe we should just... go back to bed," he said. Then he quickly clarified with a lopsided smile, "In different beds, I mean. I'm not trying to do that."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#42 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

Ben didn't budge when she got closer, but he noticeably tensed just a little. "I taught myself," he replied, trying not to sound halfway distracted by how close she stood. "Nobody in my family approved of it, so I taught myself and played for myself. Still do."

Galina smiled, "Well, I approve, so you can play for me anytime you like. Not that you would... I'm just saying--" Galina stopped herself, she was less than an arm's length away from this man, who was devilishly handsome, and far too polite for his own good. And it was distracting. What she even saying anyway?

"You smell good, too," Ben replied, but he still seemed distracted. He paused then and glanced her up and down. Galina felt his eyes take in everything she had to offer. She felt herself warming considerably and wondered if it was the booze talking, or just the fact that the two of them were so close, and hardly dressed.

"No, no I don't. I still haven't bathed. I smell like liquor and sweat, Ben-- oh,"

He'd hesitantly started lifting his hands up to her waist, but stopped himself. Galina tenderly took Ben's hands in her own. She didn't want to force him into anything he wasn't comfortable with... but she'd wanted to feel his touch, why was he stopping himself? Hadn't she made it obvious that she was okay with all this? Maybe he wasn't... maybe he had someone.

"Maybe we should just... go back to bed," he said. Then he quickly clarified with a lopsided smile, "In different beds, I mean. I'm not trying to do that."

Galina's mind raced. "I can't sleep," she said lamely, the words being the only ones that came to mind. Why did he have to smell so good. It was immensely distracting. "If, well, you'd rather go back to your room and listen to Durante snore, that's obviously your choice. But... my bed's right here. And I'm right here." She placed Ben's hands on her hips then, leaning in a little closer. If he took the bait... the night would go by a lot faster. But if he wasn't interested... Galina just hoped things between them wouldn't be awkward for the rest of the assignment.

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#43 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

Galina's mind raced. "I can't sleep," she said lamely. "If, well, you'd rather go back to your room and listen to Durante snore, that's obviously your choice. But... my bed's right here. And I'm right here." She placed Ben's hands on her hips then, leaning in a little closer.

Ben tensed a little worse, but he didn't answer. He slid his hands around her waist and then up her back, pulling her against him. Leaning his head down, Galina felt Ben's warm breath on her neck, sending a chill up her spine. His hands slid further up along her skin, slowly and tantalizingly. For a moment, she could feel him trembling.

His breath on her neck grew even warmer, and she thought she felt him kiss her there - until a sudden, searing pain shocked her entire body, paralyzing her from head to toe. For several seconds, she couldn't even draw enough breath to scream. Fangs sank deep into her neck as Ben bit down, his hands clutching at her as his arms tightened around her body, holding her against him.

The pain was excruciating, worse than anything Galina had felt. And yet, after a few moments, it faded - not entirely, but just enough for her to move. But, all the while, she felt Ben drinking from the bite wound, sucking hot blood from her body as he gripped her neck in his jaws. She heard him swallowing, gulping her blood in such a starving, desperate way that he didn't even stop to take a breath (-6 HP). If she didn't stop him somehow, she felt sure he would drain her dry.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#44 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

Galina had closed her eyes when Ben took her in his arms and pressed her against himself. She moaned slightly when she felt his hands run up her back. Then his mouth was on her neck and she could feel his warm breath on her skin. All she could think about was how good he smelled, and how wonderful this all felt.

And then Ben bit down on her neck. Her world spun out of control and she couldn't move or even scream, locked in place by a paralyzing pain that shot from her neck to the furthest reaches of her body. Ben's grip was even tighter now, as he held her against him. When the pain died down, she could feel the hair on the back of her neck standing on end and freezing chills ran up and down her spine. Ben was gulping down her blood voraciously. She knew, because she could hear him sucking it down. He drank it more hungrily than she did liquor.

The last thing in the world she needed was to die on assignment by losing too much blood to a vampire. Trying to think straight, and only barely succeeding, Galina did the only thing she could do. The thing she could thank her training for grinding into her mind. She drew one of her daggers from the belt around her waist and plunged it as hard as she could at Ben's midsection.

#45 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

Galina's dagger struck true, and she felt Ben stiffen the moment she plunged the dagger into his body, burying it up to the hilt. He drew in a sharp gasp, suddenly pulling away from her neck - drawing his fangs out in such a way that he didn't tear her skin, just leaving the two puncture wounds from his teeth.

Ben staggered back with a groan, his hand shooting to the dagger. He fell back against her bed. To say he looked different was somewhat of an understatement - the irises of his eyes were blood red and his mouth was bloodied, but she could plainly see that his canines were two very long, very sharp fangs. He grimaced, glancing at the dagger and then at the floor, breathing heavily from pain and deliberately avoiding her gaze. He looked like he was going to speak several times, but nothing came out.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#46 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

Ben staggered away from Galina, her dagger buried to the hilt in his abdomen. For moment she was just shocked; shocked that she'd let herself harbor feelings for a fellow Inquisitor, let alone one she'd only just recently met. She was likewise shocked that he'd turned out to be a vampire. And shocked even more that he'd bitten her. She wasn't so shocked that she'd stabbed him, though, given the circumstances. As she looked at him; against her bed, his eyes redder than blood and his mouth bloodied, for a brief moment she felt pity. But when her hand absently felt the puncture marks in her skin, all emotions dissipated and gave way to justified rage.

"You bit me, you bastard!" she yelled, almost more to herself than to Ben. She drew a second dagger, holding it tightly. "You take one step towards me and I'll stick you with another. Got it?"

Galina grabbed the bottle of liquor and took a long pull, not even bothering to pour it into her glass. But there was only a mouthful left by now. She let the bottle fall to the floor.

"Why was I not informed about this? Am I the only one that didn't know? Does your brother know?" Galina paced in front of Ben, trying and failing to make sense of what had just happened. She wanted so much to stay mad with Ben forever, but she felt more angry with herself than anyone else. "I just wanted to feel what it was like to close to someone, to care for someone again. To be cared for... and loved." She stopped and turned on Ben, her eyes flashing with fury. "I want answers, Benjamin Blackburn!"

#47 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

Ben didn't move except for his breathing, one hand gripping the dagger stabbed into him. He would've removed it, but he knew that would make it bleed worse - something he couldn't afford to do. It would just have to wait and be pulled out when he had an immediate means to staunch the blood.

"You bit me, you bastard!" she yelled. She drew a second dagger, holding it tightly. "You take one step towards me and I'll stick you with another. Got it?"

He flinched, but he didn't look like he was going to move toward her anytime soon, much less get up. Silently, he watched her finish off her bottle and then let it thud to the wooden floor.

"Why was I not informed about this? Am I the only one that didn't know? Does your brother know?" Galina paced in front of Ben. "I just wanted to feel what it was like to close to someone, to care for someone again. To be cared for... and loved." She stopped and turned on Ben, her eyes flashing with fury. "I want answers, Benjamin Blackburn!"

Ben, on the other hand, didn't even look angry. But he did glance away from her eyes when she stared at him.

"Durante knows," he said quietly. "He's just so careless he forgets sometimes," he added under his breath. His gaze wandered the floor again before he went on, his voice still low, "I won't try to justify myself. I should've been able to stop myself, but I didn't. I just... I'm starving," Ben finished, his voice so low that Galina barely even made out the words. "But that was... no reason to do that."

Finally, he looked at her again, his red eyes meeting her own. "I'm sorry. I really am. I know that's not enough, but - I'm sorry." He swallowed hard to clear the blood out of his mouth, but that only gave her a better view of his fangs.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#48 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

"Durante knows," he said quietly. "He's just so careless he forgets sometimes," he added under his breath. His gaze wandered the floor again before he went on, his voice still low, "I won't try to justify myself. I should've been able to stop myself, but I didn't. I just... I'm starving," Ben finished, his voice so low that Galina barely even made out the words. "But that was... no reason to do that."

Finally, he looked at her again, his red eyes meeting her own. "I'm sorry. I really am. I know that's not enough, but - I'm sorry." He swallowed hard to clear the blood out of his mouth, but that only gave her a better view of his fangs.

Galina just glared at Ben. "You should have been able to stop yourself? Oh, no. No, I'm glad you didn't! I'm glad we got this out into the open! I should have been told! I should have been told one of my partners was a bloody vampire." She gestured to Ben, waving the dagger she was holding in the process. "That if I didn't watch my back, I might get bitten and have the blood sucked from my body!" Galina only grew more angry after she said that; angry at herself for getting aroused at the thought. Getting bitten by a vampire wasn't a good thing! She shouldn't be letting the idea excite her, let alone... no... she couldn't. Did she want him to do it again? She shook her head to clear the thought and snarled, "what happens to me now? Now that you sucked... bit... ugh!"

Galina turned on her heal and stomped to the wall behind her, putting a hand out against it to steady herself. She angrily stabbed the dagger into the wall. Then she turned back to Ben, peering into his red eyes. Her own green eyes were softened now, not even a hint of rage remained. A tear streamed down her cheek and dripped from her chin. "Will I become a vampire too?" she asked, fear obvious in her tone.

#49 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

Galina just glared at Ben. "You should have been able to stop yourself? Oh, no. No, I'm glad you didn't! I'm glad we got this out into the open! I should have been told! I should have been told one of my partners was a bloody vampire." She gestured to Ben, waving the dagger she was holding in the process. He didn't budge, watching her. "That if I didn't watch my back, I might get bitten and have the blood sucked from my body!"

"Keep shouting like that and you might not have to worry about me for much longer," Ben mumbled, but he didn't say anything else.

"What happens to me now? Now that you sucked... bit... ugh!"

She stabbed her dagger into the wall, and Ben didn't make a sound or move. He glanced at the door as if waiting for someone to stomp in and behead him thanks to all the noise Galina had been kicking up, but to his surprise, nothing happened. His attention was far more focused on Galina herself, anyway, as she turned around and looked him in the eye again. Ben furrowed his brow - which was already knit in pain - when he thought he suddenly saw a tear on her face. Well, that changed quickly.

"Will I become a vampire too?" she asked, fear obvious in her tone.

"No," Ben said immediately. "It's a lot more complicated than that. You wouldn't become one unless..." he shook his head. "You won't become one, anyway."

He moved slowly, grimacing from the dagger, and sat upright a little against the side of the bed, but he stopped and didn't try to get to his feet. "I know I should've told you, but I don't just - go around telling everyone I'm a vampire. The Inquisition would hand me over to the Templars, and that'd be the end of it. And I usually don't..." he bit his lip briefly before he realized that made his fangs look even more prominent, "I usually don't get close to anyone."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#50 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:50 AM

"No," Ben said immediately. "It's a lot more complicated than that. You wouldn't become one unless..." he shook his head. "You won't become one, anyway."

Ben tried to sit himself more upright, wincing from the pain of the dagger wound, he didn't try to get to his feet though. "I know I should've told you, but I don't just - go around telling everyone I'm a vampire. The Inquisition would hand me over to the Templars, and that'd be the end of it. And I usually don't..." he bit his lip briefly before he realized that made his fangs look even more prominent, "I usually don't get close to anyone."

In that moment, Galina realized the power that she had over Ben. All she had to do was tell the Inquisition about his other self, and he'd be grabbed up and given to the Templars. She'd never have to worry about him or the feelings she had for him again. She grabbed for another dagger, but didn't draw it immediately. She looked from the dagger wound in Ben's stomach and back to his face. She saw worry, she saw anguish, and she saw sorrow. And right then, in her room in the inn, staring into the blood-red eyes of a vampire, she realized she felt sorry for him. He hadn't meant for any of this to happen, he'd never intended to hurt her, let alone feed off of her blood. And she felt sorry for him. It hadn't been entirely his fault anyway, he had suggested they go back to bed...

Galina eyed Ben's wound again. "I got you good, didn't I?" she said. "Come on. We've got to get that taken care of before you bleed all over. It's one thing sipping someone's blood without asking, but it's another to dribble it all over the floor. That would just be rude, and I won't have that."

#51 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

Galina eyed Ben's wound again. "I got you good, didn't I?" she said. "Come on. We've got to get that taken care of before you bleed all over. It's one thing sipping someone's blood without asking, but it's another to dribble it all over the floor. That would just be rude, and I won't have that."

Ben raised an eyebrow at her briefly, but he looked away from her again. "I can handle it," he said. He then grabbed the bed for support and hauled himself upright, grimacing and hissing when the pain in his abdomen lanced through him.

But he got to his feet, standing hunched, and said simply - with apparent plans to half-crawl back to his and Durante's room instead, taking the dagger in his stomach with him, "I'll see you in the morning, unless you send for different reinforcements."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#52 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

Ben raised an eyebrow at her briefly, but he looked away from her again. "I can handle it," he said. He then grabbed the bed for support and hauled himself upright, grimacing and hissing when the pain in his abdomen lanced through him.

But he got to his feet, standing hunched, and said simply - with apparent plans to half-crawl back to his and Durante's room instead, taking the dagger in his stomach with him, "I'll see you in the morning, unless you send for different reinforcements."

Galina shook her head and shrugged. "Oh, please," she said, walking up to Ben and pushing him onto her bed. "Please just shut up? Let me tell you something. I'm not calling for replacements and do you want to know why? Because I was starting to like you. A lot. I'm not going to turn you in because, well, frankly this is more my fault than yours. I'm sorry I stabbed you, and I want to help you, so stop pushing me away every chance you get. Please? Just let me help you?"

Galina placed her hands on her hips and stared down at Ben pleadingly.

#53 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

"Oh, please," she said, walking up to Ben and pushing him onto her bed. Ben stumbled and let himself collapse backwards into it, though the pushing agitated the wound in his side. Still, he didn't make a sound, looking at her in surprise.

"Please just shut up? Let me tell you something. I'm not calling for replacements and do you want to know why? Because I was starting to like you. A lot. I'm not going to turn you in because, well, frankly this is more my fault than yours. I'm sorry I stabbed you, and I want to help you, so stop pushing me away every chance you get. Please? Just let me help you?"

Ben blinked, looking unsure how to react. For a second, his will wavered and he almost agreed - until he eyed the bite wound on her neck again, which still bled slightly.

"That," he said, lifting a finger to point at it, "is why I keep pushing you away. It's why I did it before and it's why I'm doing it now." He tried to sit up and growled at the dagger, grabbing for it but hesitating to yank it out once he had a hand on the hilt. He finally sighed and looked at her again, muttering, "I won't refuse the help, but... could you just cover that up or something?" he asked imploringly, his eyes on the bite on her neck. He added quietly, "If you come over here, I'll smell it, and it's gonna drive me crazy..."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#54 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

"That," he said, lifting a finger to point at it, "is why I keep pushing you away. It's why I did it before and it's why I'm doing it now." He tried to sit up and growled at the dagger, grabbing for it but hesitating to yank it out once he had a hand on the hilt. He finally sighed and looked at her again, muttering, "I won't refuse the help, but... could you just cover that up or something?" he asked imploringly, his eyes on the bite on her neck. He added quietly, "If you come over here, I'll smell it, and it's gonna drive me crazy..."

Despite herself, Galina smiled at Ben. "Okay," she said and she ran a hand through her tangled red hair, before she turned to find something she could use to wrap both their wounds with. The the drawer in her side table yielded a spare sheet and pulled it free and cut it into strips. She wrapped a shorter strip around her neck, tying it off carefully so as not to choke herself or cause too much discomfort. She tested the bite marks with her fingers, pressing them tenderly to see if they hurt.

Then she turned to Ben. She climbed onto the bed after him, and straddled his legs. She then took the dagger in one hand and placed her other against his chest. Galina looked up at him and smiled slightly. "This is going to hurt a lot probably," she said, and without looking away, she yanked the dagger out in one pull. She dropped the blade on the floor and quickly went to work stopping the bleeding. As she worked she decided to break the silence between them. "So," she began, "How many have you bitten? You said you're starving... how long has it been for you?"

#55 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

Galina found that the bite marks definitely still hurt when she pressed on them even lightly. But she didn't feel the same kind of pain as before when he bit her, at least.

Ben started to move so that she could sit beside him or something, but she straddled his legs instead, and he sat a little dumbfounded until he realized she was just trying to hold him down. He didn't move when she put a hand on his chest and took hold of the dagger, setting his jaw and bracing himself.

"This is going to hurt a lot probably," she said, and without looking away, she yanked the dagger out in one pull.

Although he tried to swallow his voice, Ben let out a yell, jolting. But Galina managed to hold him down, and the bloodied dagger thudded on the floor by the bed. While she started wrapping his wound, Ben gritted his teeth for a moment before he blinked and started to get the pain under control.

"So," she began, "How many have you bitten? You said you're starving... how long has it been for you?"

Ben laid back and tried to relax while she staunched the bleeding. "I've bitten three people," he said quietly. "Counting you. Last time I bit someone was a month ago. I've barely been like this for longer than that." He opened his eyes again and his gaze wandered. "I try not to bite people. I don't..." he snorted. "I don't wanna talk about how I get enough blood to survive. It makes me as bad as a ghoul.

"But I don't get much of it. I'm weak most of the time. And biting, getting fresh blood - it's worse than that," he pointed at the empty bottle she'd thrown down earlier. "It's a lot worse. I try not to get close to people because I want it, I want it more than anything, but I know it's wrong. And I don't know if I could stop."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#56 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Galina just listened to Ben as she staunched the bleeding. She could hear the pain and concern in his voice. He was hardly reveling in this curse. He'd been intentionally starving himself, only taking enough to survive. Only giving in when he couldn't control himself... she hadn't helped him with that.

Galina prepared the wound for wrapping and helped Ben sit up before wrapping his abdomen with the makeshift bandage. Ben Blackburn was in a bad way. The things he had to deal with were something Galina knew she could never fully comprehend. By now all of her previous anger had subsided and in its place was compassion and a genuine wish to help him. Galina wiped her brow before continuing to wrap Ben's wound. He still smelled amazing. Why was she smelling him? He'd just bitten her. All of a sudden his previous words returned to her. She remained silent until she couldn't keep her thoughts to herself any longer.

"What you said earlier about getting close to someone. Did you mean proximity... or... emotionally?" Galina bit her lip in anticipation for his response, but she didn't look up from the bandages, afraid to nurse what might turn out to be a false hope.

#57 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

"What you said earlier about getting close to someone. Did you mean proximity... or... emotionally?"

"Both," Ben replied almost flatly, not looking at her, either. "One kinda leads to the other, so I just try to stay away from either one. I was always afraid this was what would happen if I did. Turns out I was right."

He opened his mouth to say something more, but he stopped himself and remained quiet. Galina couldn't help but notice that the bandage became saturated in blood very quickly, and Ben was looking a bit paler than before.

"Were you planning to try and get any more sleep tonight?" he asked in a very blatant attempt to steer the subject away from himself. "Or did I just ruin those plans?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#58 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

"Both," Ben replied almost flatly, not looking at her, either. "One kinda leads to the other, so I just try to stay away from either one. I was always afraid this was what would happen if I did. Turns out I was right."

He opened his mouth to say something more, but he stopped himself and remained quiet. Galina couldn't help but notice that the bandage became saturated in blood very quickly, and Ben was looking a bit paler than before.

"Were you planning to try and get any more sleep tonight?" he asked in a very blatant attempt to steer the subject away from himself. "Or did I just ruin those plans?"

Galina shook her head and closed her eyes. It wasn't bloody fair. I find this guy, out in the middle of nowhere, on an assignment no less... This guy I really like... And he turns out to be a vampire, of all things. If life is cruel, love is crueler. When Galina opened her eyes again, she saw Ben, red eyes, fangs, and all. He was paler than ever, and the bandages were already red with blood. I did this. Now he's even worse than before.

"No, I wasn't planning to sleep." Galina said, "the nightmares scare the sleep out of me every time, so there wasn't any hope of me sleeping anyway." She shrugged. "I'm not that worried about it. If you wanted to head to bed, though, don't let me hold you up."

She climbed off of him and moved to the wall where her dagger had been plunged. She grabbed the handle and yanked, hard, before the weapon slid loose. She sheathed it on her belt and returned her gaze to Ben. "If you plan to stay up, you can feel free to buy me that drink though. I need one more than ever right now, and the way I see it," Galina raised a hand and gestured to her neck. "One good turn deserves another." She smiled and winked, hoping Ben could make light of the situation. Most of all, she just didn't like seeing him beat himself up.

#59 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

"No, I wasn't planning to sleep." Galina said, "the nightmares scare the sleep out of me every time, so there wasn't any hope of me sleeping anyway." She shrugged. "I'm not that worried about it. If you wanted to head to bed, though, don't let me hold you up."

Ben gave a dismissive wave. "I can't sleep, either. And sometimes when I try now, I'm..." he hesitated before finishing, "I'm afraid I'll never wake up."

"If you plan to stay up, you can feel free to buy me that drink though. I need one more than ever right now, and the way I see it," Galina raised a hand and gestured to her neck. "One good turn deserves another." She smiled and winked.

Somehow, he managed a short laugh. "I'd tell you you shouldn't drink so much, but after what I just did, I don't think I'm the right person to say that." He got to his feet, one hand holding onto his side as he straightened himself, or at least tried to. "I'll get you that drink," he said, "but you're gonna have to let me put my armor on first."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#60 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:19 PM

Somehow, Ben managed a short laugh. "I'd tell you you shouldn't drink so much, but after what I just did, I don't think I'm the right person to say that." He got to his feet, one hand holding onto his side as he straightened himself, or at least tried to. "I'll get you that drink," he said, "but you're gonna have to let me put my armor on first."

Galina's smile grew when Ben laughed. It was a sound she'd come to relish during their short acquaintance and she hoped he would continue to laugh, even if it was only once in a while.

When Ben mentioned getting dress, Galina was once again reminded of her attire and she glanced down at herself. "It would appear I am hardly garbed for a trip to the bar either," she said, her clothes all but falling from her body. "Tell you what... I'll get myself put together while you get dressed. We can meet outside our rooms in a couple minutes and head down to the bar together. Sound like a plan?"

Galina then picked her bloody dagger up from the floor, wiped the blade on some spare sheeting, and returned the weapon to its place on her belt.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users