9 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:35 AM

Westmoore Animations

So, I’ve finally decided to try my hand at Animation, and so here is my current project:

Markiplier: Five Nights at Freddy’s 4

It’s still in the works, and will be posted here when completed. Please note that in the course of making this, art projects and comics may and most likely will be put on hold. If you want to know why I made this topic, it’s because I need people’s help:

How You Can Help:

Digital Coloration:

I don’t know how to color drawings in with Photoshop, and sometimes the drawings I do with Illustrator look different than the original. So, if you are interested in coloring in the characters and/or background, simply PM me or comment below. Several people’s help for this would be nice.

Character Rigging:

I’m not really sure how to do this, but one way to do it is in Adobe After-Effects. If someone could do this and/or show me how to do it, it would be appreciated.

Video-to-Audio Conversion:

To get the audio for the final Animation, it would be best to convert the original videos into audio using Audacity or some other process, so if someone could do it, it would be nice.

Everything Else:

Everything else in the video (the Animation, Lip-sync, and putting the video together), will be my responsibility. If someone could send me video how-tos would be nice. In the final video, all the people who helped in the project will be given proper credit.

Thoughts? The Script will be posted soon for the Audio. 

#2 Merek deGray

Merek deGray

I've never robbed a god before. It'll be a challenge.

• Nova Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:34 PM

Glad to hear you're animating. :lego_grin:  Im learning to make 8-bit games in my animation class. Anyway goodluck :lol:

#3 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:20 PM

Glad to hear you're animating. :lego_grin:  Im learning to make 8-bit games in my animation class. Anyway goodluck :lol:

Thanks!

Anyways, finally started making the Animatic Today.

If I could get anyone who knows how to color things in with Photoshop to help out once I'm ready for 'em, that would be nice. :P

#4 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

GIF-celebration-confetti-congratulations

I ANIMATED A THING:

IT'S NOT FNAF 4 LIKE THE TOPIC SAID IT WOULD BE BUT I DON'T CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE

#5 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

Teaser Trailer for my next Animation:

#6 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:24 PM

Well, I've got a good few pointers that will hopefully help.

For one, it's a little obvious you're using the same music clip over and over again through the trailer, especially at the end where you set two copies right beside each other.

This is made a more evident by the abrupt cut-off you have going on at the end of each of those clips. A little bit of a fade-out effect (I'm not sure if whatever program you're using allows you to do that, honestly, but if you can figure it out...) should help fix that.

Finally, I think in the part where you show screenshots from the game itself, you made them switch in and out way too quickly. Furthermore, I think you continued switching after the music track sort of... called for a stop. It's hard to explain, but it feels like they continued past when the music clip stopped

So... overall, it wasn't too bad, but it could definitely use some work. ^^

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#7 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

Well, I've got a good few pointers that will hopefully help.

For one, it's a little obvious you're using the same music clip over and over again through the trailer, especially at the end where you set two copies right beside each other.

This is made a more evident by the abrupt cut-off you have going on at the end of each of those clips. A little bit of a fade-out effect (I'm not sure if whatever program you're using allows you to do that, honestly, but if you can figure it out...) should help fix that.

Finally, I think in the part where you show screenshots from the game itself, you made them switch in and out way too quickly. Furthermore, I think you continued switching after the music track sort of... called for a stop. It's hard to explain, but it feels like they continued past when the music clip stopped

So... overall, it wasn't too bad, but it could definitely use some work. ^^

Yeah, all of these are true. There's only so much I can do with my basic knowledge of Windows Movie Maker. :D

Also, the video has a custom thumbnail now! Yay!

#8 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

Oh, you're using Windows Movie Maker?

I would suggest using... pretty much any other movie editor you can get your hands on instead. Seriously, WMM is the worst of the worse (and if you're using a version from Windows 7 and up, it's even worse than it was).

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#9 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:50 PM

GIF-celebration-confetti-congratulations

IT'S FINALLY HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE:

#10 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:01 PM

These are pretty good and look really funny. Are you working on any new ones?

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users