• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#21 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

Wow, I am very disoriented by the new Profile layout. I hope this will be fixed soon, since I am having a hard time adjusting. I'm afraid to touch anything on my own profile for fear of screwing it up. Plus the "About Me" page disappeared. :/

Oh also, just want to point out the wink emote has changed. ;) It was different before, but I like this new one better. :)

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#22 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

Oh crap. It looks like in order to fix this skin, I'm gonna have to go through the lines of code one by one.

How many lines of code are there?

Posted Image

'Bout two million.

Wow, I am very disoriented by the new Profile layout. I hope this will be fixed soon, since I am having a hard time adjusting. I'm afraid to touch anything on my own profile for fear of screwing it up. Plus the "About Me" page disappeared. :/

Oh also, just want to point out the wink emote has changed. ;) It was different before, but I like this new one better. :)

The about me page is still there; you just have to click the "about me" tab to see it.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#23 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

Every update makes people a little disoriented, but it'll pass quickly.
Hopefully. :unsure:

#24 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

I'm okay with the new PM layout, I actually kind of like it but I don't like that we now get notified of comments via Pm and email.

I use the Wulfgard Skin anyway, so the green quote boxes actually looke quite nice.

#25 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

I'm okay with the new PM layout, I actually kind of like it but I don't like that we now get notified of comments via Pm and email.

You can modify whether or not the system notifies you via e-mail, PM, neither, or what.

Just go into My Settings on your profile and, under the Settings tab, go to the "Notification Options" section. There's tons of options about what you want the system to notify you about, how you want to be notified, etc.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#26 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

Hey, did anyone else see the new "Mobile Version?"
It's crap.

Edit: 3.1.4? Really?

Edited by Rune Walsh, 13 February 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#27 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:34 PM

Well, I think I've fixed most things in the default "SSLF Desert Twilight" skin now.

The Wulfgard and NR skins will have to wait a bit, because I'm tired of editing CSS. :P So if you're a Nova Members and you're using one of those, you might want to switch back to SSLF default to see how much better your profile looks. ;)

Please point out any problems (odd-looking colors and hard-to-read text, for example) that you find in the default SSLF skin. It's highly likely that I missed a spot.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#28 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:11 AM

Looks quite good to me. The profile's all smooth and slidey!

~ Golden-Star

#29 Pterodactyl

Pterodactyl

*screech*

• 1,454 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:03 AM

Oh. Another bug. Well, anyways, every comment on your profile starts a new discussion. Oh, and I thought an old certain conversation with certain people had been revived.
D'oh!
-Pterodactyl

#30 Princess Bacon

Princess Bacon

burn the internet

• Nova Member
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:44 AM

Posted Image

Side effect of the update or something more sinister?

#31 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

God, these quote balloons are killing my eyes. I get back to using the NR Skin, because it's classical. My vision became so dark-oriented, that all this bright white may have blinded me. :P

Fix soon please. I do appreciate the work.

Also, if anyone asks you to go turn on the power, uh...stay away. :lol:

giphy.gif

#32 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:31 AM

*Ghost user*

I'll call Zero and remind him to wear his Ghostbuster shirt...

#33 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

The about me page is still there; you just have to click the "about me" tab to see it.

Oh, I didn't notice. Thanks.

Every update makes people a little disoriented, but it'll pass quickly.
Hopefully. :unsure:

It hasn't gotten any better after the 3rd time I walked into the wall of my profile... :P

Please point out any problems (odd-looking colors and hard-to-read text, for example) that you find in the default SSLF skin. It's highly likely that I missed a spot.

Quotes are tan now. :huh: Strange...

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#34 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

I already listed that bug. :P I'll fix it. Though now that you mention it, "blood in the sand" would have been a great name for this skin...

Hey, that's a chapter name for a Dark Edge story! What a coincidence, huh? :P
Anyways, I'm not sure if I like the update. Two many big red buttons to press, and not enough time to push 'em all. :P
I had problems getting adjusted to that last one (I still have a few nightmares about it having an uncanny resemblance to Facebook as the time passed here and there), but I'm sure I'll get use to it eventually... If I'm lucky enough.
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#35 Tyrannical Tim

Tyrannical Tim

SCREW ALL YA'LL IT I'M OUT YO

• 1,070 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:29 AM

Hey, did anyone else see the new "Mobile Version?"
It's crap.

Edit: 3.1.4? Really?

Wait? Mobile Version?
*checks*

Hey its actually better than it was previously, now I can go to SSLF on my iPod easily!

Also, this is forum update version PI. 3.1415926535897932384626433832795!
This update is as delicious as it sounds!
I just find this amusing because I have an obsession with Pi. Lol

And am I the only one that actually likes the new status stuff?
RIP Brave Members of the 2/29/12 bombing.
Posted Image

#36 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:17 AM

And am I the only one that actually likes the new status stuff?

I don't have a problem with it. ^_^

I'm not crazy about having to fix all the skins, since it's a pain in the rear, but I don't see any reason to react negatively to the few minor changes that have been implemented. A few things seem to be working better now, in fact.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#37 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:14 AM

Actually I think the mobile version looks really sleek and shiny. And blue. Maybe that's just me.

~ Golden-Star

#38 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:24 AM

Scorp, do you think you could increase the maximum file size allowed for avatars? It's currently 60 KB, and I recall it being much larger before...

Posted Image

#39 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

Scorp, do you think you could increase the maximum file size allowed for avatars? It's currently 60 KB, and I recall it being much larger before...

What image are you trying to use? I'm willing to increase it, sure, but I don't see why it would need to be any bigger than that for a 150x150 image... Can you point me to the image in question?

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#40 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:17 AM

Oh hey I missed these:

Oh. Another bug. Well, anyways, every comment on your profile starts a new discussion. Oh, and I thought an old certain conversation with certain people had been revived.
D'oh!

You mean the Status Update things? I don't think that's a bug... Whenever you make a new Status, it gives people a chance to comment on the new one.

I have no idea.

God, these quote balloons are killing my eyes. I get back to using the NR Skin, because it's classical. My vision became so dark-oriented, that all this bright white may have blinded me. :P
Fix soon please. I do appreciate the work.

I'm getting on that right now.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users