Marvel / DC

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,293 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:11 AM

He probably means the parts where Chris Evans wasn't running around in a tight shirt (or no shirt). :P

lolz, I meant to put 'All the shirtless bits from Cap 1' in Tier 1, but I did too much list-rearranging and lost it somehow.

Hey, does anyone remember what happened to Nebula?

Spoiler

#82 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#83 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

It makes sense though. She failed both sides so escaping with your life is the right choice.

But they don't really go into it that much. I'm sure there was a Deleted Scene or something that showed us her escape.

giphy.gif

#84 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Saw it for the second time yesterday. Loved it more than the first time.

I hesitate to say it's better than Cappy 2, but I think I enjoy it more.

Edited by Ryoma, 13 August 2014 - 06:59 PM.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#85 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

Basically my feelings, Ryoma. Especially how I think I'll like it more the second time, not having my expectations skewed by high praise and negative girlfriend.

#86 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

I'm glad Marvel took a risk on a movie like this (haha jk it's Marvel so people will see anything they put out) what with Bradley Cooper as a raccoon and Vin Diesel as a tree. I was really excited for it and I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt just for being unique. It was a pretty good sci-fi movie and I was interested because I was unfamiliar with the source material (certainly not because I didn't know how it would end - it is a superhero movie after all). However, I couldn't help feeling disappointed. Guardians feels like the Avengers or the Lego Movie in the sense that the first viewing feels like a big flash, but I get the impression that the second time around will be lackluster. It's fun and funny, but despite Marvel going out on a limb it's still pretty formulaic and traditional. The writing is pretty easy and the jokes are kind of obvious (every character basically has one that is recycled again and again). I think like most Marvel movies this franchise will benefit most from its sequels, but for the moment this first installment felt like kind of a letdown to me. That's what I get for getting excited about a superhero movie again!

(tho X-Men was xXhardcoreXx)

My super official ranking:

Days of Future Past

X2

Blade II on mute while listening to Kanye West and Jay Z

~~~~place reserved for Winter Soldier because I haven't seen it but I know it's going to be the best Avengers movie~~~~

Thor 2

Iron Man

Guardians

A bunch of poop

All of the other movies in the 'vengersverse

Posted Image

#87 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

(tho X-Men was xXhardcoreXx)

My super official ranking:

Days of Future Past

X2

Blade II on mute while listening to Kanye West and Jay Z

~~~~place reserved for Winter Soldier because I haven't seen it but I know it's going to be the best Avengers movie~~~~

Thor 2

Iron Man

Guardians

A bunch of poop

All of the other movies in the 'vengersverse

That's an interesting list, is Thor 2 really that good? And yeah, Winter Soldier is the best Avengers movie aside from maybe the Avengers (but it seems like you didn't like Avengers so idk)

#88 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,293 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

Not to incite World War III or anything, but I'd also like to represent Team Doesn't Like Avengers That Much. I didn't like it on the first viewing, came to appreciate it when I watched it a while later (so much so that I ended up buying the Blu Ray), but now after a few more viewings I just... eh, I don't think it's great. Lots of great bits, but then a few bad bits, too. I think the post-Avengers Marvel movies just stomp all over its face without mercy. Especially when it comes to the action. I mean, this? THIS?

tumblr_m8z6symQ131rpcea3o2_250.gif

ibb6ZiKC549LGN.gif

Thor was in mortal danger... from falling a little bit. Also remember the bit where Thor's just yanked Loki out of the Quinjet and he says "Now listen here" or something, and right before he talks Iron Man hits him like a sack of potatoes and then the camera stays on Loki for eteeeeeernity while he does the worst, most obvious *JOKE GOES HERE* moment ever, and then the same thing happens like eight more times in the movie? UGH I wanna die OK now I'm getting all worked up and I'd better stop. 

I really did like Gardians of the Gualaxy a lot, though. I came really close to skipping it and waiting for the DVD, but then all of a sudden all you duders were loving it so I took the chance and threw down the small fortune that Australian cinemas charge for tickets. No regrets. I still get all happy inside when I remember how they all beat the bad guy through the power of friendship.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users