NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Wulfgard Comics Discussion

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#61 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

I loved the second to last panel's effect of a double image to show her falling. It's pretty awesome.

Thanks for noticing that. :D I was experimenting with ways to show action without just using motion lines or drawing a sequence of tiny frames. I was pretty pleased with the result. ^_^

Like Loki said, I assumed it was the same rat twice. He's that important. :P He's in TWO frames! I bet Timmy the Rat is gonna become a major character later on... :P

You mean this Timmy, with his poor little crutches? http://www.saber-sco.../2007-05-31.jpg :lol:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#62 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for noticing that. :D I was experimenting with ways to show action without just using motion lines or drawing a sequence of tiny frames. I was pretty pleased with the result. ^_^

You mean this Timmy, with his poor little crutches? http://www.saber-sco.../2007-05-31.jpg :lol:

In my two-dimensional design class my last assignment was to show illusion of motion, and that was one of the methods we were given to use. I think it's pretty awesome. :)

I lol'ed at that link. :P

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#63 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

Yeah... that panel always made me kinda sad. :P Hopefully this Timmy won't be brutally murdered by a bunch of DORCs :P

Edited by Harry Monster, 10 March 2011 - 05:18 AM.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#64 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:22 AM

Definitely one of the best pages yet! Adorable rats? Sweet acrobatics drawn spectacularly? Gargoyles? Sorry, man, this is almost too awesome for me to behold. The suspense is growing, too.

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#65 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

I just kinda noticed this but I'll ask it anyway. Is Daemonique at all inspired by that shapeshifting girl from that Star Trek movie where Kirk and Bones are sent to that frozen mine/prison? They look almost identicle.

#66 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

I just kinda noticed this but I'll ask it anyway. Is Daemonique at all inspired by that shapeshifting girl from that Star Trek movie where Kirk and Bones are sent to that frozen mine/prison? They look almost identicle.

I had to go digging around Memory Alpha to find a picture of what she looked like, since I couldn't remember. Wow, creepy. But no, it's a coincidence. I could name half a dozen different inspirations for Daemonique's current look, but that isn't one of them.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#67 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

*coughDemonaisawesomecough* :P

#68 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

Well duhhh. :P

Although if you want to know the full story...

I created most of my major Wulfgard characters in RPG games originally. Daemonique originated in Neverwinter Nights, when I created a female 'tiefling' bard character using this head:
Posted Image
She later got wings when they added the Red Dragon Disciple prestige class that awards wings at its highest levels.

So that's where she originally came from. :D I've since then re-created her in just about every RPG I've played, usually when I want to play a really chaotic mage with no scruples. :P When I created her as a Stygian sorceress in Age of Conan, that was when I decided to change her heritage in Wulfgard to Kemheti.

In other respects, she was inspired by a combination of Demona, Poison Ivy, and a number of other very independent, chaotic, often seductive female characters. Even a few real people. Most recently I think some of the trolls in MSPA (Homestuck) are starting to influence her some. They certainly affected my decision to give her prominent fangs when in full demon mode.

I can't just reel off dozens of sources of inspiration for all of my characters like this, but I certainly can for Daemonique! :lol:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#69 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,191 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

HOLY CRAP IT'S KYE.

YESYESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

lWZ8e6F.png

#70 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

May we call the peasant George? Let's call him George! Rest ye well, George.

Also, Hanan really does need a hobby.

#71 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:59 AM

HOLY CRAP IT'S KYE.

YESYESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Kye is amazing. I want that outfit sooooo baaaaad :P

#72 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:32 AM

All I can think of is how much it would hurt to get punched by Kye's spiky metal gauntlet... :P

Although, I'm not totally loving the multi-arm thing to represent motion. I dunno, I just think motions lines would look better and a little cleaner. Just my opinion. In the newest comic, it almost looks like Hanan's flapping his arm like a chicken. :P

Edited by Harry Monster, 17 March 2011 - 01:33 AM.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#73 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:54 AM

Kye's outfit is reminiscent of Altair's. Was it inspired by the game, or did you make the outfit beforehand? :P

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#74 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:51 AM

HOLY CRAP IT'S KYE.

Kye is amazing. I want that outfit sooooo baaaaad :P

Awww, you guys make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside! :wub:

Really though, glad you like him. That's awesome. :D And I was hoping you'd enjoy seeing him again (finally?), Vorgy. :P

Kye's outfit is reminiscent of Altair's. Was it inspired by the game, or did you make the outfit beforehand? :P

I'm not seeing any resemblance. :huh:

But yeah, I made it up his outfit around eight years ago, and it's barely changed. His outfit being similar to anything like that is probably a coincidence, since, like Scorp did with Daemonique, Kye was a character I created in Neverwinter Nights. His outfit is based primarily on the custom suit of armor I made for him in that game.

To be honest, out of all my characters, Kye has gone through the least changes over the years.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#75 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

This really one of the best comics so far, Scorp. If only I could draw as well as you... :(

Now on to the characters: Kye! Yessssssssssssss! Somehow, I pictured him a little different, however. He's still pretty cool looking though; with that crooked smile and all! The unruly hair... gah! I LOVE IT ALL! :D
What really kind of dissapointed me was his outfit. I always pictured it a little more... demonic. Something along the lines of Al-Saffah's armor (Which by the way was really cool). He'll still have the enchanted mask, right?

Hanan Al-Saffah was pretty awesome, Scorp. The red cloak and the throwing daggers on his back for easy reach. Very nice. The only thing that bothered me was the motion. It didn't seem as awesome as I'm sure it was intended to be, right? I'm sure it could all have been solved with a better panel drawing design or a bigger size. Try this next time: Al-Saffah is merely shown with the bloody dagger raised in the air, and the bystander just notices as he runs away, then he falls. ;)

But all in all, it was still a pretty nice page today, guys. Nice work. :thumbsup:
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#76 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,191 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

And I was hoping you'd enjoy seeing him again (finally?), Vorgy. :P

Indeed, I do. I've missed Kye. Ah, the rivalry between he and Vorgain. I remember those days fondly. Back when LotF was a fledgling chick, and now it is a young falcon, soaring proudly.

lWZ8e6F.png

#77 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

I was wondering if Kye was going to be a Messenger or just a freelance assassin. Nice to have some confirmation. ;)

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#78 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

YIPEE-KYE-YAY!

Kye was my first love. :wub:

#79 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:30 AM

Um... why has Randulf suddenly turned into Konrad? Randulf is put together from the norse words "Rond" (Which is a "round shield") and "Ulf" (Meaning "Wolf"). How can you prefer Konrad (which, I might add, is an old German name)?

#80 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,191 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

For that matter, I now hate you. Conrad was the name of a character I was putting in my fantasy world; a lone "barbarian" character that was trying to make peace with the "civilized" world. ROT IN A HOLE, SCORP. :P

lWZ8e6F.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users