NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Castle Greywatch (A Dying Breed - START)

80 replies to this topic

#21 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

Because like I said, I’ve known Silvius since I was a kid, and he asked me to help him solve a problem that scared him.  So I’m not sticking my nose into anything as an Inquisitor, I just didn’t have anything else to wear, big boy.Though it seems he may not have trusted all of you, if he was desperate enough to pay outside help.  You got something to hide under that pretty helmet of yours?”

"Sounds about right," Cyrus thought to himself "Both you and him are just as disrespectful.You must have been like two peas in a pod."

Aloud, he said "Silvius was right to be suspicious of members of our order: six Venators are missing or dead, and twelve just deserted. I'm more inclined to be suspicious of those cravens than ones who actually stayed, aren't you?"

"Unlike them," Cyrus continued as he tapped his helmet "I have nothing to hide...unless you count some horrific old scars. If you thought that Crestwell was a shambler based off of his injuries, then I'll keep on my helmet in case you decide to run me through where I stand once you see mine."

---

While the Humans were arguing, Maugrimm wandered over, lead by the familiar scent of Cyrus, as well as the new scent of the Inquisitor and her dog.

The dog stood by, waiting for Bullseye to acknowledge him.

#22 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:03 PM

Crestwell caught Brennus' eye, sharing his frustration. The investigations would be a lot more fruitful without bickering from the start. And if the inquisitor was hiding something? He'd caught far more flies with honey.

"Why don't we discuss this with a drink?" He offered evenly. "You must be weary after your travels."
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#23 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,444 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

Aloud, he said "Silvius was right to be suspicious of members of our order: six Venators are missing or dead, and twelve just deserted. I'm more inclined to be suspicious of those cravens than ones who actually stayed, aren't you?"

"Unlike them," Cyrus continued as he tapped his helmet "I have nothing to hide...unless you count some horrific old scars. If you thought that Crestwell was a shambler based off of his injuries, then I'll keep on my helmet in case you decide to run me through where I stand once you see mine."

Oh good, you can count!”  Kate cried in mock elation.  “But since Silvius happens to be one of those six, I guess I’ll just have to work with those who last saw the geezer; scars, shambling, and all, Mister Pushy.

The Inquisitor fished in a pouch on her own belt, before producing a neatly-folded piece of parchment.  Holding it before the Venator’s eyeslits, she huffed, “Here’s the letter Silvius sent me.  If you can’t recognize his hand, I’ll see if someone else here can verify it for you.  He obviously knew something was wrong before he disappeared, so maybe you should quit hammer-measuring with me and just take what help you can get? Or have you got an army stashed in your belt that lets you afford to be picky?”  Kate tilted her head forward coquettishly, daring him to make a move.  It had been so, so long since her last charge of excessive force.

---

Grumpy faceless man didn’t like mistress.  Mistress didn’t like grumpy faceless man. But mistress said “sit,” so Bullseye would sit.  Even when a new friend approached, drawn by his scent, Bullseye wagged his tail and panted in greeting, but Mistress did not say he could move yet.  If he got up, bad Bullseye, no cheese. New friend would have to wait.

---

Fortunately for all parties present, the old, mangled man had the sense to try to defuse the situation.  

"Why don't we discuss this with a drink?" He offered evenly. "You must be weary after your travels."

Kate’s head snapped in his direction, though she still held the letter in front of helmethead’s ironclad face.  The offer gave her a genuine, noticeably less evil grin. “See, that’s how you defuse a situation.  Lead the way, sir.” A short whistle, and Bullseye was up and at her side again, ready to follow the crippled Venator wherever he so desired.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#24 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:42 PM

"Pleasure to meet you both."

Pleasure! Caiden Voros took pleasure from meeting her! Maybe he felt the same way. That spark. Krystia beamed widely, making an effort to avoid Araven's gaze. She knew what he'd say.

"The pleasure is ours." she replied. She'd seen Lyneth looking very seductive earlier, what was it she'd done? It had been very educational.

She extended her hand towards Caiden in what he hoped was a dainty way, and pouted slightly.

#25 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

"I'll come. Though I'm not sure Cristina'll appreciate my being there."

"Still, thanks" Hollí said gratefully. Though thoroughly confident in her own skills, given the recent events it made her feel good to have such a capable and storied (and absurdly tall; it almost hurt her neck to talk to him) Venator along.

Then, however, something occurred which killed her good mood completely. It began with an entrance about as subtle as a troll in a temple:

"Top o’ the morning to ya, sadsacks!"

Bemused, Hollí turned to see the source of the disturbance, and only by sheer force of will did she manage to maintain her part-amused, part-confused expression as she caught sight of the distinctively black-clothed woman who had entered.

Her first thought was: Merciful Artemis, they've found me! Her second, somewhat more considered thought was: Wait, no one knows about my Gift---she can't be here for me. Her third thought was: I though Inquisitors had, like, subtlety or something. And did she really just call those cowards who left stage hands? ...Actually, that last bit was kind of funny, and Hollí found herself snickering in spite of herself.

Still, though apparently devoid of tact, guile, and possibly basic intelligence---and despite being here on behalf of Silvius... supposedly---the Inquisitor posed a real threat to her. Especially if, Hollí considered, that guileless act was actually a ruse by the Inquisitor so that she'd underestimate her and lower her guard... Not that there was a chance of that happening, Hollí thought to herself, resolving to be extra careful and keep an eye on the Inquisitor any time she was around. At least, for the moment, the red-haired mage hunter was occupied talking to Brennus and Cyrus' Helmet (as Hollí thought of the perpetually-armored Venator). And, if the Inquisitor really was looking for Silvius, she should be headed towards Kyjovia, so Hollí wouldn't have to worry about her for a while. Although the elf was now rather anxious to leave, though she was careful not to show it.

So preoccupied had she been by the Inquisitor's bizarre---and, to her, disturbing---arrival, that Hollí was somewhat surprised upon turning back to discover that two more Venators had apparently joined her, Caiden, Agethar, and Auric. One was the stripling half-elf---who was, frustratingly, also taller than her---Krystia, who appeared to be hanging on Caiden's every word... and rather looked as if she wished she was hanging on his arm (to be fair, they were nice arms), and perhaps certain other parts of his anatomy as well. Hollí wasn't sure whether to laugh or go 'awww!' at the sight. Young crushes were so adorable... and stupid.

The other newcomer was the hulking woodsman (seriously, where did humans find all these six-plus-foot giants?) Araven, who, even before he said it, Hollí dimly recalled was Krystia's partner.

"... If you're talking about coming with us to Dragon's Lair, I assume we'll talk to Cristina first. But it's not exclusively my decision."

"I'd second talking to Cristina first" Hollí spoke up, returning to the task at hand. "With so many gone missing, the last thing we want to do is go in blind."

Then she turned to Araven and Krystia: "I'm Hollí Emberleaf" she introduced herself. "You're welcome to join us!"

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#26 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:50 PM

"Here’s the letter Silvius sent me.  If you can’t recognize his hand, I’ll see if someone else here can verify it for you.  He obviously knew something was wrong before he disappeared, so maybe you should quit hammer-measuring with me and just take what help you can get? Or have you got an army stashed in your belt that lets you afford to be picky?”

"Why don't we discuss this with a drink? You must be weary after your travels."

See, that’s how you defuse a situation.  Lead the way, sir.

Cyrus seemed to calm down, though it was hard to tell what he felt under his armor. 

"Drinks would be fine, Crestwell." He said, beginning to turn away before he looked back at her and commented "You might want to give that to him as well: he's one of the few people here that can actually read."

#27 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

"Seems an all too common occurrence around here..." Athens commented, glancing over at Cyrus, and some of the other tragedy-stricken hunters that made up the homeguard of the Venatori.

Lyneth tilted her head slightly, studying her new companion as he got all thoughtful like that. He had a certain passive smolder as he did, and the half-demon’s lip curled into a playful grin as she noted all the little details she could spot. Gods, he was practically carved from marble. He’ll be fun to play with.

Athens' expression shifted back and he nodded politely to Lyneth. "That sounds like you have a plan, partner." Athens shot a playful wink at the girl and turned to walk towards the doors. "Would you mind leading the way, Miss Lyneth?"

Lyneth giggled at Athens’ wink, slipping her arm around his, an impish smile on her face. “It’ll be my pleasure, Sir Astoria.”

As she led him along, a few different happenings occurred. A loud, rude Inquisitor arrived, Brennus began to mix with the crowd himself, and-

Oh no, what’s the poor girl doing?

Lyneth found herself watching Kryst… Krystine? Yeah, that must’ve been it. The poor girl was trying to tackle Caiden Voros himself, the hunkiest hunk to ever end up shunning womankind. A heartfelt sigh escaped Brys’s lips as she gazed upon that beauty of a man, unresolved dreams circling her mind. Oh the fun they could have…

It took her a moment to shake herself out of it, pushing the voices to the back of her mind. Nuh uh, not now. A fellow girl needed help. Badly.

“Actually… do you mind claiming a table for us?” She smiled apologetically at Athens. “I think someone needs my help, if you know what I mean.” Lyneth gave him a nudge along with her hip. “Promise it won’t take too long, ‘sire’.” She winked playfully, slipping away into the crowd.

Moments later, Lyneth all but materialized by Kryst… ine’s side, intercepting her hand with her own. “Oh, Krystine, I’ve been looking all over for you!” She smiled widely, her pearly whites almost shimmering in the hall’s lighting. “I had some hunting techniques I wanted to show you!” She winked at the younger Venator, gently trying to guide her away. “Don’t worry gentlemen, I won’t be long~...” Brys added, flashing Caiden a warm grin as she hauled ‘Krystine’ off to safety.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#28 Poetic

Poetic

Pure Cinnamon Roll

• Nova Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

“It’ll be my pleasure, Sir Astoria.” Lyneth slipped her arm around his and led him out.

Sir Astoria... that does sound nice... Athens' smile widened as the girl wrapped herself next to him and led him out. It had been a few years since he had been seen with a woman on his arm. Sure, Athens had shared some time with a few Venators who sought some comfort, but it was usually nothing more than a night, maybe a few drinks if he was lucky. But Lyneth? She was a jewel among stones, and by the Gods did she shine on his arm. By any standard, Athens was looking forward to this hunt.

“Actually… do you mind claiming a table for us?” She smiled, as if to apologize to Athens. “I think someone needs my help, if you know what I mean.” Lyneth gave him a nudge along with her hip.

Athens looked towards the situation, it appeared a girl had set her eyes on Voros. "Of course, I can wait for you," he gave her an amused look and released his arm from her's.

“Promise it won’t take too long, ‘sire’.” She winked playfully, slipping away into the crowd.

Athens laughed and shook his head as the shorter woman cut between the blue cloaks towards Caiden Voros, the veteran hunter of the Venatori, and something of a mysterious type. Despite his handsome, rugged exterior, it seemed he avoided relations with women, as far as he had heard.

If I was a woman, I don't think I'd be able to keep myself from those broad shoulders, that chiseled jaw, or his strong...

Athens froze for a moment, and swallowed. He rubbed the back of his neck as he diverted his eyes from the specimen of masculinity that stood in front of him. Athens turned from the scene and made his way for the mess hall, chuckling lightly to himself as he took some food from the kitchen and took a table near the entrance of the room.

64a00586gw1emine46g7pg209q05gu0z.gif

​"Keep running."

#29 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:24 AM

Krystia spluttered indignantly as Lyneth dragged her away. She glanced at Caiden and noticed he was looking away. Clearly just as hurt as she was.

"What are you doing!?" She hissed. Krystia took a deep breath to centre herself. Wow, the other woman smelled really good.

"Are you trying to steal Caiden from me? Or did you think we could share him?" Which would be fine, she caught herself thinking.

#30 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:35 AM

"Drinks would be fine, Crestwell." Cyrus said, beginning to turn away before he looked back at her and commented "You might want to give that to him as well: he's one of the few people here that can actually read."

Crestwell smiled genuinely at that. "Not much else for me to do, is there?"

He cast an eye over the group, and slowly nodded.

"Let's go to the study. We can read this note of yours away from all the noise, and I keep the good stuff nearby."

He turned and began to hobble away. The others could catch up without issue.

#31 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

Krystia spluttered indignantly as Lyneth dragged her away. She glanced at Caiden and noticed he was looking away. Clearly just as hurt as she was.

"What are you doing!?" She hissed. Krystia took a deep breath to centre herself.

Lyneth smiled apologetically. “Love, I’m trying-”

"Are you trying to steal Caiden from me? Or did you think we could share him?"

Brys balked at that visibly. It took her a long moment to control the sudden rush the idea of a threesome gave her. Her smile weakened as she finally shook herself out of it, and she gave ‘Krystine’ a pat on a shoulder.

“I’m more of a one on one girl myself.” She winked. “I just wanted to give you a little help, ah…”

There was a long, uncomfortable pause. The half-demon ended up clearing her throat a little loudly.

“...I can’t say I really recall your name, I apologize.” She flashed another smile. “I’m Lyneth, and you’re…?”

#32 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:00 PM

"I'm more of a one on one girl myself." She winked. "I just wanted to give you a little help, ah"

Krystia swallowed audibly. It suddenly felt a lot hotter than the draughty old castle had any right to be.

The two stood in silence for a second before the other woman cleared her throat.

"...I cant say I really recall your name, I apologize." She flashed another smile. "I'm Lyneth, and you're?"

"Krystia" Krystia mumbled faintly. "I'm pleasured to meet you. Oh gods, no, it's a pleasure. We should go and..."

She gestured vaguely in the direction of nothing in particular and trailed off.

#33 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:50 AM

"Krystia," Krystia mumbled faintly. "I'm pleasured to meet you. Oh gods, no, it's a pleasure. We should go and..."

She gestured vaguely in the direction of nothing in particular and trailed off.

Lyneth couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at that, a teasing smirk on her face. “Is it truly that much of a pleasure to meet me? My, and I thought you had the hots for Voros…” She giggled, before offering Krystia a gentle pat on the shoulder.

“I joke, Krystia. As I was saying, I mean to give you some pointers on approaching a man like Caiden. Unless you truly prefer spending your time with a girl like me.” Brys gave the younger Venator a wink and a grin, intent on leaving the option open to her young companion. It wasn’t like Voros was going to miss one of a dozen girls hounding him to spend a night with them...

#34 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:39 AM

Is it truly that much of a pleasure to meet me? My, and I thought you had the hots for Voros She giggled, before offering Krystia a gentle pat on the shoulder.

Krystia blushed a deep crimson.

"I.. I mean"

I joke, Krystia. As I was saying, I mean to give you some pointers on approaching a man like Caiden. Unless you truly prefer spending your time with a girl like me.

Krystia's mouth felt very dry. She'd never really thought about another woman in ... that way before today, but now the images just wouldn't stop. Her own mind was betraying Caiden!

She tried to ignore the soft hand still on her shoulder.

"Aren't you and..." She paused, "the fancy nobleman. You know."

Reaching a decision, she exhaled. "I don't really know much about this kind of thing. I've never..." She trailed off for what felt like the thousandth time. "But I know Caiden feels something for me, I can see it in his eye."

#35 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:58 PM

"Looks like we'll be be traveling wit' a pretty big group," Agethar remarked to Caiden "It's like they be attracted to ye!"

Caiden was lost, to say the least. The overwhelming majority of the room had their eyes on him at various intervals, and now Krystia was... behaving very strangely. The brief but noticeable shiver that ran through him didn't help any of it, either.

Before he could shake Krystia's hand, though, another Venator woman appeared and took her hand instead.

“Oh, Krystine, I’ve been looking all over for you!” She smiled widely, her pearly whites almost shimmering in the hall’s lighting. “I had some hunting techniques I wanted to show you! Don’t worry gentlemen, I won’t be long~...” Brys added, flashing Caiden a warm grin as she hauled ‘Krystine’ off.

For a moment, Caiden watched them leave. Then he folded his arms and grunted... and muttered something very quietly under his breath.

Luckily, Agethar said something that he actually know how to respond to. "Ye seem familiar wit' Dragon's Lair. Would ye mind sharing what ye know about it wit' us, or is it more of a...er, private matter?"

"It's not," Caiden replied. "I went there shortly after a long mission in Rognosst Swamp. I'm familiar with Cristina and I'm familiar with the region. It's a good city, ruled by the Drakes. And it's full of good people... all of whom respect their ruling family." His eternal scowl worsened just a tad. "It'd be best if we didn't mention Tom or what happened to him."

---

Brennus grew steadily, visibly more irritated as the conversation drew on. First there was Kate's implying that Silvius hadn't trusted them and had been right to do so - and then Cyrus saying that aloud.

And then an exchange of discussing scars. Brennus rubbed his temples and Crestwell caught his eye. Only when Crestwell had offered drinks did Brennus finally take a deep breath.

"Let's go to the study. We can read this note of yours away from all the noise, and I keep the good stuff nearby."

Crestwell led the way to the study then, exiting the great hall and leading Brennus, Cyrus, and Kate down a short hallway before they stepped into their destination.

The study must have once been grand - now it wasn't, terribly. The once-lavish chairs were faded and worn, but still reasonably comfortable, and there were several stands and desks about: one of which Crestwell kept a personal stash of drinks in. There were large windows lining two of the walls, letting in a great deal of midday sunlight filtered through grey clouds.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#36 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

Crestwell hobbled over to a desk, opening drawers until he found what he was after. The thick tome was entitled 'Binsbent's Treatise on Lunar Influence'. With a lopsided smile, he opened the thick tome, revealing a hollowed out compartment containing a small bottle and some glasses.

"The good stuff," He explained, pouring a small amount of brandy into each glass. He slowly lowered himself into a worn chair, then gestured at the others to take the brandy.

"Let's start from the beginning, if you don't mind. How do you know Silvius?"

#37 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,444 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

As faceless chump and Crestwell led the way into the study, Kate recalled the other two hunters that their leader had indicated to her.  Her sharp eyes scanned under numerous blue hoods until she saw the same bearded fellow and Southron woman that Brennus had pointed to. Cupping a hand to her mouth, she yelled in passing, “Hey, Silvan and Ashy, was it?  C’mon, if you’re looking for Silvius, you might not wanna miss this.”

---

Once they arrived, with or without the two bystanders, Kate wrinkled her nose at their musty, dusty surroundings.  Her demeanor improved, however, when Crestwell opened what looked like a very boring tome to reveal a hidden bottle of what looked like brandy.  

"The good stuff," He explained, pouring a small amount of brandy into each glass. He slowly lowered himself into a worn chair, then gestured at the others to take the brandy.

Clever!,” Kate exclaimed.  “I’ve gotta remember that trick for meself, later.”  She plopped down into another chair, glass in hand, then blindly took a gulp of the brandy. The fire in her throat brightened her eyes as she grinned.  The old man was certainly not holding back, this was very good stuff.

Another sip, much slower this time.  She wanted to savor the flavor, not to mention avoid draining her glass too quickly.  “The very beginning?  Before I was born, really.  My late dad, Horace Meliora, actually met Silvius in this very order, probably in this very castle.  You might not remember him, he’d barely worn the cloak and arrowhead for a day when he got his sword arm torn off by a verrbjorn.  Always told me he’d been lucky through all his training, only to lose it on that very first hunt. But you can’t span a crossbow with one arm, and he couldn’t read, so he’d be useless in a room like this; so off he went, wondering what in Artemis’ name he was gonna do now.”

The Inquisitor swirled the remains of her drink contemplatively, before downing it in a final, lingering draught.  “Silvius was his partner on that first and last hunt, though, and always felt it was his fault, especially since the bear so happened to be going for his neck when my dad’s arm got in the way.  When he tracked down where my father ended up settling down, the stubborn blighter made a point of visiting whenever he was near Appledale. The two of ‘em always laughed at how they didn’t roll too far from the old tree, if you take my meaning.  Well, Silvius became like an Uncle, even watched me for a bit after my parents bought it, but I’d no interest in following my dad’s footsteps, so we went our separate ways. Then I got this letter a couple weeks ago, and here we are.”

She punctuated her statement by offering the letter to Crestwell.  He would have to remember if he had seen much of Silvius’ correspondence himself, but as far as he could tell the writing belonged to his missing comrade.  It read thus:

Spoiler

Once it appeared Crestwell had finished reading, Kate offered, "The kinda bossy one, your stand-in leader or something, mentioned other Venatori were missing, too?  I've been thinking that maybe Silvius and his partner were the last to disappear, and maybe he noticed the first ones and figured they weren't a coincidence?  You lot'd probably know more than me on that front."

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#38 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:46 AM

"It's not, I went there shortly after a long mission in Rognosst Swamp. I'm familiar with Cristina and I'm familiar with the region. It's a good city, ruled by the Drakes. And it's full of good people... all of whom respect their ruling family. It'd be best if we didn't mention Tom or what happened to him."

"That goes without sayin'." Agethar said, clearly surprised that Caiden would talk about Tom and his...condition here of all places.

"But I'm surprised tha' 'is family has their own city," he continued "I always thought that th' Drakes lived in a Manor in Illikon."

---

Maugrimm watched as the new dog followed the new lady and the Venators out of the room.

The dog followed them into the study, where he moved over to the new dog, where he waited for it to acknowledge his existence.

---

Cyrus followed the others into the study, where Crestwell pulled out his bottle of brandy and poured everyone who accompanied them a glass of it.

The very beginning?  Before I was born, really.  My late dad, Horace Meliora, actually met Silvius in this very order, probably in this very castle.  You might not remember him, he’d barely worn the cloak and arrowhead for a day when he got his sword arm torn off by a verrbjorn.  Always told me he’d been lucky through all his training, only to lose it on that very first hunt. But you can’t span a crossbow with one arm, and he couldn’t read, so he’d be useless in a room like this; so off he went, wondering what in Artemis’ name he was gonna do now. Silvius was his partner on that first and last hunt, though, and always felt it was his fault, especially since the bear so happened to be going for his neck when my dad’s arm got in the way.  When he tracked down where my father ended up settling down, the stubborn blighter made a point of visiting whenever he was near Appledale. The two of ‘em always laughed at how they didn’t roll too far from the old tree, if you take my meaning.  Well, Silvius became like an Uncle, even watched me for a bit after my parents bought it, but I’d no interest in following my dad’s footsteps, so we went our separate ways. Then I got this letter a couple weeks ago, and here we are.”

While they were talking, Cyrus produced a small bamboo straw from his belt and carefully inserted it through his aventail. He then began to quietly slurp away at his brandy.

"The kinda bossy one, your stand-in leader or something, mentioned other Venatori were missing, too?  I've been thinking that maybe Silvius and his partner were the last to disappear, and maybe he noticed the first ones and figured they weren't a coincidence?  You lot'd probably know more than me on that front."

There was a poot sound as Cyrus' straw suddenly became extremely loose and began to wobble around.

"You might want to use a bit more...tact when 'the kinda bossy one' is sitting across from you." the Venator said as he removed the straw. 

#39 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:30 AM

"That goes without sayin'." Agethar said, clearly surprised.

Caiden shrugged. "Word spread fast after the people of Illikon learned the truth," he clarified, unafraid of Agethar's surprise. "To the Empire, Tom is dead. He has an empty grave in Illikon. He told his parents to bury him there if he ever fell in battle."

"But I'm surprised tha' 'is family has their own city," he continued "I always thought that th' Drakes lived in a Manor in Illikon."

"The Drakes are one of the Northwest's three major families under the Illikonis... each one rules their own city, and each one has a manor in Illikon." He shrugged. "Don't know much beyond that."

---

"The kinda bossy one, your stand-in leader or something, mentioned other Venatori were missing, too?  I've been thinking that maybe Silvius and his partner were the last to disappear, and maybe he noticed the first ones and figured they weren't a coincidence?  You lot'd probably know more than me on that front."

Brennus quirked a brow.

"You might want to use a bit more...tact when 'the kinda bossy one' is sitting across from you." the Venator said as he removed the straw.

"Indeed," agreed Brennus, very pointedly. To Kate, he added, "We would have trouble creating an exact timeframe, considering most Venatori cannot read or write letters, and even then, we can't be sure when letters would've been sent..." He frowned. "But you may be onto something there.

"Either way," he added, "the Venatori shouldn't suspect each other."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#40 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

Horace Meliora. Crestwell thought he remembered the man; he'd showed a lot of promise only to have his career cut tragically short. He could sympathise.

"The kinda bossy one, your stand-in leader or something, mentioned other Venatori were missing, too? I've been thinking that maybe Silvius and his partner were the last to disappear, and maybe he noticed the first ones and figured they weren't a coincidence? You lot'd probably know more than me on that front."

Crestwell smirked into his brandy at Kate's description of Brennus, before continuing to slowly sip. His damaged jaw made drinking slow, but he liked to savour the taste anyway.

"Either way," Brennus was saying, "the Venatori shouldn't suspect each other."

Crestwell frowned slightly.

"I wish I could agree with you on that. Without trust between us, the order is nothing, that's true. But at the same time, it's naive to dismiss the possibility of a traitor among us."

He paused to take another sip.

"It really comes down to motive. Who among us would wish to harm their own?" He examined the glass thoughtfully before turning to Kate.

"Who knows you came here? Did anyone show an undue interest in your plans?"

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users