#41 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#42 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,935 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Posted Image

79001 Escape from Mirkwood Spiders (MSRP: $29.99)

REVIEW (with more pictures):
Spoiler

Posted Image

79002 Attack of the Wargs (MSRP: $49.99)

REVIEW (with more pictures):
Spoiler

Overall, I would say the first of these two sets is a better buy than the second, but really, it depends on what you want. The first has elves, the second wargs. Both have lots of trees for filler, since unfortunately there are fewer interesting structures in The Hobbit than in Lord of the Rings.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go finish putting together my Aragorn costume for the midnight showing of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey! You probably think I'm kidding, don't you? What's that, you never doubted for a second? Oh... okay.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#43 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Interesting tidbit: all of these Hobbit sets feature minifig heads with only semi-hollow studs. They still have the hole that you can stick a rod into, but there are no little air-holes inside it, which I thought were there to make the head slide on and off more easily. I wonder why they got rid of those?

I've noticed that those types of heads usually seem to be double-sided flesh tone heads. I'm guessing there's some connection there but I dunno what, maybe they have to cast them in newer molding machines?

#44 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,935 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Huh. It seems you're right. I checked the heads from the previous LotR wave, and they all follow that pattern too: the holes are filled in on the two-sided heads. I guess I just never noticed.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#45 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

I'm going to need those wargs because, you know... Wargs! I agree with you though, not too wolf like... Which is dumb.

Perhaps the dwarves are hitting the Z key on their keyboard. (For those old enough tor remember it, that's a LEGO Island reference!)

Wow, thanks for making me feel old.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go finish putting together my Aragorn costume for the midnight showing of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey! You probably think I'm kidding, don't you? What's that, you never doubted for a second? Oh... okay.

We'll get pictures, right?

emily-blunt.gif

#46 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,935 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

We'll get pictures, right?

Of course! If the bracers I ordered ever get here AAARGH.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#47 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Of course! If the bracers I ordered ever get here AAARGH.

You could have dressed as Kili AND PEOPLE WOULD HAVE BELIEVED YOU WERE THE ACTOR. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users