Haloica

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

If you read Scorp's latest blog entry (here) you can find out everything you want about this concept! Some basic ideas that are being discussed are:
  • Weapons
  • Shields
  • Basic Gameplay
So... discuss!

EDIT: The original game's rules can be found here. You may have to watch all four videos to catch everything.. I only watched two for lack of time.

Edited by Jase, 16 October 2011 - 05:49 AM.

#2 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:43 AM

If there's enough interest in this and my microfig decals sell fairly well, I'll be glad to make some weapon/dice decals and more microfig decals. :)

I don't know how to do Covenant though, besides just making Covenant decals for the existing microfig shapes. Might look okay. They're pretty abstract anyway.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#3 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

Sweet. Honestly if I had any source of income I'd probably have bought at least a couple heroica sets, then at least your halo and Etzio microfig decals. Still may if I can manage to get some money. :/

EDIT: Looking at your avvy just made me remember.. I was at a thrift store yesterday and saw a little pink pony (I think the main one from the show). I took a picture on my phone, but idk how to upload it :/ (All I've watched of the show is the first episode.. I may have watched more if not for school and friends and just little time in general)

EDIT: On topic again: For Elites the best bet may be to just use the microfigs.. you could probably leave out brutes and jackals, but I know I'd want grunts if nothing else.. hunters you may be able to brick-build? And Sentinals and 343 would probably be relatively easy to represent.

Edited by Jase, 16 October 2011 - 07:18 AM.

#4 Tr0jin H0rse

Tr0jin H0rse

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthorpist

• Nova Member
  • 410 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

I think the idea of decal weapons is pretty good. I would place the microfig on a 1X2 studded plate, then put a 1X1 brick with a stud on the side on the other stud next to the microfig. Next, you put the weapon decal on a 1X2 flat plate and attatch that to the 1X1 brick with the stud on the side.

#5 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

Yeah, I played my custom game last night. I definitely need those 2x1 weapon tiles.

The shields are made depending on pieces, but I did one shield on the left that comes back every turn.

Elites could the normal micro dudes with stickers, but grunts I have all figured out. A dark grey double stud bricks, (double stud meaning one on top and one one the front) laid on it's back, with a dark grey stud on the front (or current top) with a orange 1x1 slope on the top (or current back).

Hunters are also figured out. Notice for some guy who only plays slayer I went to some work in Lego digital designer to do this. A black 1x1 five stud brick with dark blue 1x1 plates on all sides except the top. Then two translucent red square studs, then the same 1x1 brick with same dark blue studs on it. Then I put a translucent round 1x1 plate on the top followed by a diamond positioned square 1x1 plate. Do the arms how ever you want. I'm too lazy to explain them.

I made a ghost... Gah! I'll do that later.

I reluctantly deviated to four transporter things were you end up, rolling for which. It makes the game for exiting, my friend says. I try to stick to the game as close as possible. I bet he only says "it makes exiting and unpredictable" is because I landed near I was already and he won. Humph!

I added a few grenades and if you hit the guy he's dead.

For hitting, you roll for hitting and for damage. I'm thinking about how many times, too. You can hit so many times in the game.

I had to buy two waldurk forests to complete the game, but it was worth it.

EDIT: Uhhh, why did I edit this... Soooo tired...

Edited by Ouflah, 16 October 2011 - 04:45 PM.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#6 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

Oh, and as far as brutes and jackals, I go with micro dudes, too. It's just way bigger and way smaller like hunters and grunts that need bricks.

EDIT: Yes, brutes are bigger, but not enough to build something that looks nice.

Besides, Halo CE is best, anyway. Why would you want brutes? Elites are so much cooler to fight.

Edited by Ouflah, 16 October 2011 - 05:00 PM.

gTAoKX.gif

#7 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

I think Anniversary shall be the best, seeing as CE and Reach have the best campaign and multiplayer (respectively) I think Grenades would have to be a special ability or something you have to earn, if you use them at all. And you would only want to put like 6 weapons max unless your map was huge. I think a slayer game-type of haloica could be fun too.. take out your opponent (each person could have three guys or something) I have to go to school, but I'll probably start writing out some rules as I think of them. Especially during US history :P

Edited by Jase, 16 October 2011 - 05:51 PM.

#8 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:52 AM

Well, I'm thinking shields are a seperate bar from your health, which would be two or four pieces, and your shields would be the same amount. After one turn of no damage, your shields would regenerate until you took more damage.
I'm not really sure how grenades would go, but I think they'd be used only when you roll the special side of the die and then have a short range (and either instant kill or have a small explosion radius. As for your weapons, you'd each get one (the megablock halo reach guns should work fine) and each one gets a special ability, like sniper rifle gets increased range and/or extra damage when you roll a special, or a rocket launcher would get AoE damage, or a plasma pistol would deplete your shields, etc.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#9 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:26 AM

Shields are very controversial, but I ain't changing mine. I'm back and forth with gun rules... and grenade rules...
IDEA! You start with four grenades, then every time you kill someone, you get one, four being the limit. As far as guns... to keep the ammo simple, you should probably do... help me out guys.
How do you keep the ammo amount simple? Keep in mind this is for snipers and rocket launchers... both of which have different ammo capacity.

For Saber Scorpion, the three faves on gun decals are pistol, rocket launcher, and sniper.

gTAoKX.gif

#10 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:46 AM

I think if we all post our ideas then figure out what we like from each, that could make a pretty epic game. Thus said... the rules I came up with today:

There would be two dice. One for movement (1-6?), one for attacking (three misses, two hits, one head-shot).

Health: You have four health bars, and four shield bars (health = red 1x2 thin, shield = trans-blue ventish piece on top of health)
Each damage (dmg) takes down half a shield or one health. Shields don't re-charge until you completely lose them, and then not until the end of your turn. (When they do recharge they do so fully)

Weapons(Can be found around map. You'd probably start with Magnum.)

Magnum:
-dmg: 1 (2 if headshot)
-range: 1-2 spaces
Shotgun:
-dmg: 3
-range: 1 space
DMR:
-dmg: 1 (2 if headshot)
-range: 2-4 spaces
Assault Rifle:
-dmg: 1-3 (depending on range)
-range: 1-3 spaces
Sniper: *NOTE* If using the unlimited/LoS the attacked has one turn to dodge.
-dmg: 2 (4 if headshot)
-range: 2-unlimited with *LoS
Rocket: *NOTE* If using the unlimited/LoS the attacked has one turn to dodge.
-dmg: 3 splash (1 space splash) or 4 direct hit
-range: 1-3 spaces OR unlimited with *LoS
'Nades:
-dmg: *NOTE* The attacked has one turn to dodge. Grenades blow up BEFORE shields would recharge.
--stickies: 3 if stuck, 1 splash
--frags: 3 direct, 2 splash
-range: as far as die indicates (up to three spaces)

*LoS: Line-of-Sight. This means that any space perpendicular to the attacker's position with nothing in the way (even trees, rocks, etc) may be attacked.

That's about all I have for now. Only other thing is: game-types.

If carrying a flag, bomb, or skull, there is a movement penalty of -1 space (You may still move at least 1 space, even if you roll a 1, and only up to 4, even if you roll a 6).

Also, if carrying a flag, bomb, or skull, any player that comes within one space of said carrier (during any player's turn) Is automatically defeated unless they have a close range weapon (which includes Assault Rifles, Magnums, and Shotguns), in which case they have a chance to defend themselves. In such situations, both roll the movement die and the carrier gets +1 bonus to their roll. Whomever rolls higher wins, and the other automatically dies, regardless of how much health they have. (I'm thinking respawning, depending on the game type and whatnot.)

Lastly: Juggernaut. The Juggernaut would receive a +1 movement bonus, and take 2x dmg. You may also up the amount of dmg they dish out if this seems to not be enough to beat up on three others.

So.. Yeah. Feel free to opinion-ate on my rules and stuff. I realize they're probably not perfect, seeing as I haven't played it and really can't as of now, but I think they look pretty good.

EDIT: That may very well be the longest post I've ever made on here... which is kinda sad since I've been here for about.. what.. six years?

Edited by Jase, 17 October 2011 - 06:51 AM.

#11 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

Wow. I'll get back to you... Wayyyyy too tired to write a dozen rules...

gTAoKX.gif

#12 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Ok, well now I can write some rules a little later today, just wait...

AHHHHRGH! No one has posted since the 18th of October!!!

gTAoKX.gif

#13 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

I have no reason to post until somebody else posts something of interest, or if I can manage to try out my rules. I'll do my best to do that sometime within the next couple weeks... I'll probably have a rainbow road made of 1 x 2 jumper plates though, seeing as I've only got a couple 2 x 2s...

#14 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

Whoops! I'll post soon, sorry I forgot!

gTAoKX.gif

#15 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:56 AM

I've been working on an idea somewhat like this for a while now.

But more similar to WH:40K. It uses Nova Refuge characters and weapons. I could post some instructions if you guys were interested.

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#16 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:16 AM

I can do NR decals...

Shrinking any of my existing decals to microfig size is easy, so if anyone wants those, all they have to do is ask. ;)

So far the microfig decals haven't been selling too well, but I did sell a few this week.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#17 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:22 AM

I can do NR decals...

Shrinking any of my existing decals to microfig size is easy, so if anyone wants those, all they have to do is ask. ;)

So far the microfig decals haven't been selling too well, but I did sell a few this week.

I actually just use normal finnymigs due to the fact that they are easier to obtain.

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#18 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

I can do NR decals...

Honestly, I wish I could buy some, but I have no money or source of income... plus I want to try to get a friend of mine something that costs like $20 for her birthday in December... On topic, I'm gunna try to build a make-shift board and whatnot within the next couple days and play it Friday night with a friend who's hopefully coming over to see how well it works.

#19 Torvadam555

Torvadam555

Torvoraptor, the Ultimate Predator

• 23 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

I Guess i'll do some rules, too.

Each Player gets the Heroica Playing thingy (the 2 2x3 plates w/ a 1x4 brick w/ the slash through the middle). They have two 1x2 plates w/ 1 stud on the brick, and then 2 clear blue grills on the health. (I posted it 1st!) They may place weapons on the 1x2 tiles w/ 1 stud. The 1x4 plate between the health is left blank until...

They earn Trophies!(which are put onto this 1x4 plate) the Red "potion" is if you sneak up on someone, roll a Haloica tile (the halo ring if Saber Scorp's up too it) on the die, or an Assassination. The yellow is if you kill 2 players in 2 turns, or double kill. The Blue is for 3 in 3 turns or triple kill, orange for 4 in 4 turns (in other words, suicide. or death from the grave) or Overkill. + 1 points for each kill! Oh, and there should be at least 3 of the assassination. If a player gets another of the same trophy after someone else, they recieve the medal.

I'll think about the rest...

Edited by Torvadam555, 25 October 2011 - 09:19 AM.

ODST RuLeZ!
Magic: the Gathering Rules!

Posted ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Ironically, my friend is blue. Huh.

#20 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

Oi... I was about to play my version with my friend, and he had to leave. Tomorrow he's coming over again, so hopefully then I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users