NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Chasing Shadows OOC - Rules, Quick Reference, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#161 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:42 PM

Though not from some amateur who honestly thought silver would make good armor.

In my defense, the only reason why Charon has silver armor is because I thought that Drake would be coming along with us, and I wanted to be prepared.

Also, are you insulting the Venatori? Now who's the real amatuer. ;)

I'm also not sure how complaining about that in my thread is going to help your RP, as frustrating as I know it can be when no one signs up for something you make.

I'm about to toss up a brief reply, since I have a small window of free time and I - for once - am not feeling like garbage right this second. I'd happily move people to somewhere other than this inn table, but no one has left yet, so I'm not sure where to put any of you. :P

Complaing about it makes me feel somewhat less like garbage for creating another RP that flopped. 

Anyways, I'm going to go post in this RP now.

#162 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:55 PM

Okay, I'm gonna address the elephant in the room (again)... :P

In my defense, the only reason why Charon has silver armor is because I thought that Drake would be coming along with us, and I wanted to be prepared.

Also, are you insulting the Venatori? Now who's the real amatuer. ;)

I don't want to sound confrontational, Dalton, and I do apologize if you take this the wrong way, but I want to respond to a few things here...

First of all, you confessed to metagaming. What I mean by that is, you were metagaming in that you were trying to have your character prepared for a werewolf to be present, despite the fact that he would have absolutely no means of knowing Drake is a werewolf and almost certainly no real money to afford something as ridiculously extravagant as silver armor "just in case" of the random chance of meeting a monster who happens to be sensitive to it, especially as he should be far more concerned with mage hunters than monsters, given who and what he is.

Secondly, and I want to make this clear, silver armor is completely useless, and a monster - regardless of whether or not they are sensitive to silver - would rip right through it, and it is not what the Venatori wear.

Just because silver burns a monster on contact doesn't mean that their claws would not shred a metal as soft as silver, and whatever pain it caused in that case would be so absolutely negligible to the monster defending itself that it wouldn't care, anyway.

Venatori wear deepsilver chain, at least the ones who can afford it.

Deepsilver and silver are entirely different things. Deepsilver has no anti-monster properties, like silver does. It is, in fact, entirely unrelated to actual silver, and its name only comes from its silver color. Deepsilver is mined by dwarves, deep within the earth, and it is considered a magical metal by the surface-dwelling mortal Men, as it is incredibly lightweight while also being incredibly durable. For this reason, it is massively expensive and generally only sold by certain Dwarven caravans (mostly the Iron Gauntlet).

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#163 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:16 PM

I don't want to sound confrontational, Dalton, and I do apologize if you take this the wrong way, but I want to respond to a few things here...

First of all, you confessed to metagaming. What I mean by that is, you were metagaming in that you were trying to have your character prepared for a werewolf to be present, despite the fact that he would have absolutely no means of knowing Drake is a werewolf and almost certainly no real money to afford something as ridiculously extravagant as silver armor "just in case" of the random chance of meeting a monster who happens to be sensitive to it, especially as he should be far more concerned with mage hunters than monsters, given who and what he is.

Secondly, and I want to make this clear, silver armor is completely useless, and a monster - regardless of whether or not they are sensitive to silver - would rip right through it, and it is not what the Venatori wear.

Just because silver burns a monster on contact doesn't mean that their claws would not shred a metal as soft as silver, and whatever pain it caused in that case would be so absolutely negligible to the monster defending itself that it wouldn't care, anyway.

Venatori wear deepsilver chain, at least the ones who can afford it.

Deepsilver and silver are entirely different things. Deepsilver has no anti-monster properties, like silver does. It is, in fact, entirely unrelated to actual silver, and its name only comes from its silver color. Deepsilver is mined by dwarves, deep within the earth, and it is considered a magical metal by the surface-dwelling mortal Men, as it is incredibly lightweight while also being incredibly durable. For this reason, it is massively expensive and generally only sold by certain Dwarven caravans (mostly the Iron Gauntlet).

AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TOO, IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT MEDDLING CAPULET.

Just kidding, I still like you, Cappy, even if it seems like I'm bashing you a lot.

Well, if that's the case, then I might as well go into Charon's sign-up sheet and give him steel chain-mail, for all the good the silver armor would do.

Besides, thanks to Cappy's character, I don't think Charon remembers what kind of armor he was wearing anyway.

Yes, I was confused about that, don't judge me.

#164 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:24 PM

Sorry I haven't been posting, school start has been busy and it have taken me a while to settle in to things(still is). I'll try to post something but my mind is all over the place and I'm having trouble concentrating on writing so it may take me a while yet to catch up. I should be getting into pace soon though as things are starting to settle into rhythm.

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#165 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:44 PM

It's all good, Balder. I definitely know how that goes. I'm actually still settling into my own schedule (in part because it's constantly changing), and I've been at this for over two weeks now. Anyway, take your time getting settled in, but I look forward to when you can resume posting.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#166 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:03 PM

Phew, writing for three characters at once feels like typing up a short essay. :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#167 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

After Dalton replies again (namely so Katrina can respond to Stevan and the others), I'll probably try to move us forward some. I'd like to get some of the sidequests going now. :P

Also, welcome back, Sareth! :D

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#168 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

After Dalton replies again (namely so Katrina can respond to Stevan and the others), I'll probably try to move us forward some. I'd like to get some of the sidequests going now. :P

There, I just posted. :P

BTW, would Marcus and Plexura know about the Weeping Mage via Ben and Durante's report about Arrowfall? 

Would make things interesting if they did.

#169 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:28 PM

Whether or not Marcus knows is up to Cappy, to be honest, but I imagine Marcus keeps up with various Inquisition reports, as dutiful as he is.

As for Plexaura, you'll have to wait and see, if/when that comes up in-game. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#170 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,495 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:50 AM

Welcome back, Sareth! 

Thank you for actually considering what other characters would know, Dalton; and thank you, Maverick, for noting Marcus' diligence.

I'll play it like Marcus got briefly caught up while reporting in at the outpost in Veritshire, since he's been out of the official loop since we left Illikon ages ago.  So he skimmed the report and knows the gist of it, but his mind was focused on other matters at the time, and, naturally, he wasn't present for the events themselves.  Of course, Katrina's personal connection will be new information that he'll be sure to make note of.

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#171 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:43 AM

I have a lot on my plate in the next two months. I will be able to post regular updates for Sef, but it will be in a limited capacity. Sorry for any inconveniences.

gdV21HZ.gif

#172 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

No worries, Klay. I know you've got a lot on your plate right now, to say the least.

I'm currently working on a very large DM post, but considering its size, it may be a little while longer before it's finished. Expect it sometime this weekend (hopefully) or at least by Monday, if it comes to that.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#173 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

By the way, Balder - Burgs and I actually took that scene to PMs, as the conversation turned to some spoilery things I'd prefer for other players to learn on their own. Not that the situation is super different, and not that you had any means of knowing that, as I didn't mention in my posts that I was doing it. Just a heads-up. :P

I'm going to do my best to get that big DM post up sometime today, hopefully before the evening.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#174 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

Ah, yes I see now that I missed somethings, i'll just go back and edit the last part out and work on a reply to this :P

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#175 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:43 PM

I'm going to post today!

After this, I will probably go back to feeling ignored because only Wolfy acknowledged this.

#176 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

Well, you caught my attention with that segment in your post about Katrina. She's with Stevan, still, by the murder investigation, not in the castle. Wolfy practically has lists of names and everything at the beginning of each segment to clarify that, I do believe. :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#177 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:44 PM

Well, you caught my attention with that segment in your post about Katrina. She's with Stevan, still, by the murder investigation, not in the castle. Wolfy practically has lists of names and everything at the beginning of each segment to clarify that, I do believe. :P

Oops, I'll edit that now.

#178 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:25 AM

DM post coming up today, if all goes well. I've got it mostly finished now.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#179 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

"Yeah, actually, I've seen it. I was gonna make a copy, like King Rikard wanted, but Sylvanus came down here and said he needed it for something..."

That sneaky little dastard...  :angryfist:

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#180 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

That sneaky little dastard...  :angryfist:

Sylvanus? As is Publius Sylvanus? Like from Arrowfall?

I'm not sure what he did in the campaign to get a reaction like that, since he stayed in the background, but whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users