NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Chasing Shadows OOC - Rules, Quick Reference, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#101 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:32 PM

Just a heads up, I'm going to the field from Monday to Sunday. So no posts from me in that timeline.

gdV21HZ.gif

#102 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:26 AM

Just a heads up, I'm going to the field from Monday to Sunday. So no posts from me in that timeline.

All good. Thanks for letting me know. I'm currently trying to resume more of an effort to make the RP's important updates on a weekly basis, so I'll make sure you don't miss anything super important. :lol:

However, expect a combat update post soon, everyone. I was too busy yesterday to get one posted.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#103 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

Uh, just checking, Wolfy, but I assume this:

Neitha rolls AGI to land safely

Neitha: 19+5=24

means I can just have Kye drop Neitha off anywhere reasonable, with the assumption she lands safely, and then try and take some other action?

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#104 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

Err...

I guess I had a brainfart, since you're both still in the air. Just ignore that.

You're going to have to tell him where you want to land. But hey, since I already rolled it, now you know you'll land safely! Spoilers? :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#105 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:38 AM

Turns out this boss battle ended up being far easier than I had anticipated. Oh well - rest assured the next two won't be. But good job, ya'll! :P

This marks the end of Chapter I. Chapter II will begin when we reach Artorius. I won't make this transition until sometime after this weekend, to give everyone time to post interactions/reactions, etc., and for some of the currently absent players to catch up.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#106 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:03 AM

Turns out this boss battle ended up being far easier than I had anticipated. Oh well - rest assured the next two won't be. But good job, ya'll! :P

Now maybe you can explain to us what in the world we just fought? :P

#107 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

Now maybe you can explain to us what in the world we just fought? :P

A monster. Must Man have a name for everything? There are a lot of creatures out there in the depths of the ocean. :P

In all seriousness, I was going to do something more traditional, but I wanted to mix things up a bit.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#108 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:11 AM

A monster. Must Man have a name for everything? There are a lot of creatures out there in the depths of the ocean. :P

In all seriousness, I was going to do something more traditional, but I wanted to mix things up a bit.

Well, a better description and/or name might have helped me to make a picture for it.

I honestly thought we were fighting a Cthulu Monster with an Angler Fish head. :I

#109 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,467 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

She gave us three epically-scaled and horrifyingly detailed paragraphs describing something that doesn't actually exist, Dalton.  What more do you need?   :P

Yeah, see?  Your imagination was close enough to the impression I was getting, though I'm not sure what Cthulhu is actually supposed to look like, given all the conflicting reports.  Tentacles seem to be a common factor, though. 

Edited by Lord_Capulet, 04 August 2016 - 07:10 AM.

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#110 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:50 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure what else to say other than the descriptions I already gave. :lol: 

Also, sorry for spamming with another huge post. I promised myself I wouldn't until some more people posted, but that one just kind of happened... :P 

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#111 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:28 AM

She gave us three epically-scaled and horrifyingly detailed paragraphs describing something that doesn't actually exist, Dalton.  What more do you need?   :P

Yeah, see?  Your imagination was close enough to the impression I was getting, though I'm not sure what Cthulhu is actually supposed to look like, given all the conflicting reports.  Tentacles seem to be a common factor, though. 

CLOSE ENOUGH ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!

I WANT A VIVID DESCRIPTION OF THAT BEAST!

tumblr_inline_nrrr5jVSYX1tvwaxl_540.jpg

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm not really sure what else to say other than the descriptions I already gave. :lol:

Also, sorry for spamming with another huge post. I promised myself I wouldn't until some more people posted, but that one just kind of happened... :P

I give up. :P

So, just out of curiosity, would Kye be okay with Katrina talking to him after he and Neitha are finished with whatever it is that they're doing?

#112 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

A giant angler fish with the addition of lots of tentacles. That's basically it. :shrug:

As for Kye, you could always ask when the opportunity arises and find out... :P I don't know how things are going to end up for him when he and Neitha are done talking, but he'll certainly be approachable, I imagine, so whatever Katrina wants to do.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#113 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

tumblr_m0k7zaHuY81rnpkbyo1_500.gif

HEY EVERYBODY!!! Holy crap I am so so sorry for leaving you all hanging. I went on this huge trip as part of a summer class for my college and I had to finish a lot of prep work before I left so I didn't have a chance to get any posts up before I was out in the wilderness with barely enough service to shoot a text to my family to let them know I hadn't gotten eaten by a bear. That's no excuse though, I managed my time really poorly and left a lot hanging. Especially you Sareth, and I'm really sorry about that.

But I'm back now and I'm gonna get caught up and I'll be sticking with this RP till the end! Expect a post very soon!

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#114 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:41 PM

I... uh, if I read things right, I'm pretty sure you died?

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#115 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:03 PM

Ter Loki's two characters died*, that's all.

Let's see if he notices.

*but it may be possible for him to bring them back if he actually cares

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#116 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:05 PM

Ah, misread one of their names, then. Had a feeling that was the case.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#117 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:50 AM

HEY EVERYBODY!!! 

Oh hey! You're alive!

You just missed us fighting some sort of Cthulu Creature with an Angler Fish head with a taste for Inactive Characters!

#118 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:50 AM

A good DM doesn't admit they hadn't planned for something until the event is either over or at least under control.

So now I can admit: I hadn't planned for the demon-kin controversy to start up this early. Dice rolls don't always work in a DM's favor, either. :lol:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#119 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

Pacing this could end up being a bit difficult, especially in terms of performing multiple one-on-one interrogations, so I'm currently trying to decide on the best solution.

Right now, I'll leave things open and have Stevan arrive in the captain's cabin to join the other Templars later. I also want to give Klay a chance to catch up, since we did a lot of spamming in his absence.

Of course, if anyone wants to somehow end this before it even begins, that's up to you. :P If not, I have ideas that may work and also prevent this from taking forever.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#120 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:01 AM

A good DM doesn't admit they hadn't planned for something until the event is either over or at least under control.

So now I can admit: I hadn't planned for the demon-kin controversy to start up this early. Dice rolls don't always work in a DM's favor, either. :lol:

Oh man, controversy about a potentially evil character. It reminds me so much of Arrowfall.

And not just because the Weeping Mage is here. :P

Also, for the record, his false name is Carlon Shev, so please remember to put that in your posts any time you reply to him. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users