NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Chasing Shadows OOC - Rules, Quick Reference, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#181 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:52 PM

He's working with the bad guys and he has the book. It's some slight cause for concern.

He's also a demon.

But hey no biggie, right?

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#182 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:29 AM

He's working with the bad guys and he has the book. It's some slight cause for concern.

He's also a demon.

Nope, no biggie. :D

In any case, I'm glad that Sylvanus is going to be a recurring villan in this RP, at least until he gets killed, as pretty much the only other one we have is Lysander, and that's only because he's appeared a few times and gets mentioned a crap ton.

#183 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,470 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:43 AM

He's also a demon.

O.O

Apparently I missed out on some fun in the Arrowfall zone.  Well, I sincerely hope those who were there get a chance to bring the rest of us up to speed sometime soon.  I'd read it myself, but don't want my knowledge of events to get too Meta, lest I start having trouble telling things apart.

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#184 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:46 AM

Too bad the only person who was in Arrowfall is Charon, since Ben didn't come along, and I doubt Charon is going to be forthcoming. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#185 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

Nope, no biggie. :D

Well, you would say that, given that one of your chars. is (probably) working for him.  <_<

:P

Too bad the only person who was in Arrowfall is Charon, since Ben didn't come along, and I doubt Charon is going to be forthcoming. :P

Didn't Plexaura show up to help right at the end of that though (or, like, right after the end of the fight)? So shouldn't Ben have mentioned Sylvanus to her?

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#186 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:01 AM

You guys are all too good at remembering details, darnit. I can't ever surprise anyone. :P

I was totally planning to screw everyone up if Tom got brought along, though. I never forgot Sareth's Inquisitor reporting his lycanthropy to Illikon. I was actually kind of hoping I would get to play out that storyline, but it would've been super complicated anyway, so maybe it's for the best that Tom left. :lol:

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#187 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:32 PM

Apparently I missed out on some fun in the Arrowfall zone.  Well, I sincerely hope those who were there get a chance to bring the rest of us up to speed sometime soon.  I'd read it myself, but don't want my knowledge of events to get too Meta, lest I start having trouble telling things apart.

Well, to make things simple: a former Umbra Coven member named Osgar created a zombie virus to create an army of minions, with Sylvanus serving as his second-in-command at the time. Osgar captured the entire group of players and convinced the Weeping Mage and magic user called Jade to join up with him. Then, Sylvanus and the Weeping Mage betrayed Osgar and helped the others take him down. During the fighting, Durante killed Jade, Ben and Osgar went full Vampire on each other, and a Imperial noble called Veron Heartwind finally disintegrated Osgar in the sun. During the scuffle, the Weeping Mage, Sylvanus, and Sylvanus' Revenant, Syllabus, escaped with Jade's body.

That's the long and the short of it. You can read the topic if you want to, but that's the jist of it.

Edited by Dalton Westmoore, 16 September 2016 - 07:14 AM.

#188 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:56 AM

You guys are doing great keeping me on the edge of my seat. I'm sitting in my classes refreshing for posts... We're getting into the parts of the story I was most eager to start exploring. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#189 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,470 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:01 AM

*Reaches over his hurried lunch to hit the post button*

There you go!

#190 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:17 AM

You guys are doing great keeping me on the edge of my seat. I'm sitting in my classes refreshing for posts... We're getting into the parts of the story I was most eager to start exploring. :P

You must be thinking of the other player characters, not mine. :P

I'm just hoping that we'll get to meet Sylvanus before he either goes full villain or gets killed off. 

#191 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:16 PM

Going to try and get another DM post up this weekend. It won't be a huge one just yet; just a post to move things forward some more.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#192 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:41 PM

Unless anyone has any particular objections, I'm going to go ahead and push things forward some more in my next post. That'll mean leaving some of the current interactions behind in favor of getting some players together and moving others forward to some more clues and furthering of the story.

My schedule is becoming increasingly insane, and I find I have less and less time for personal affairs, so I'm going to start wrapping this up within the next few weeks, hopefully to finish it before November. The next DM post might take a little while, since I'm planning to make it pretty long, but it should give everyone some new things to do with all their characters.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#193 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

"We found the book. The clerk, Zacynthos, is going to help us figure out if there's a message hidden inside," 

The clerk, Zacynthos,

Zacynthos

Wow, and I thought the fact that Eustace Clarence Scrubb the Castle Superintendant was a bit too on the nose.

Now Zachary Levi has joined the party.

NY5OPT1.gif

Well played, Wolfy, well played.

#194 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:07 PM

Is it still "on the nose" when I have no idea what you're talking about...? Unless someone has a trademark on generically stuck-up characters. :P

Also, just a heads-up, Zac and Plexaura are on the second floor now, in an inn room and investigating the tome. Katrina would have to go upstairs to talk to him.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#195 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

Sooooo, is everyone busy or just bored? Looking for some feedback, since I was hoping for more interaction. Just making sure I'm not losing everyone from disinterest. If you're all busy, that's fine, I totally understand, but I want to know whether I should move things along or continue letting them set.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#196 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,470 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:17 PM

You know me, fluctuating between periods of stagnant boredom and pell-mell, headlong frenzies of activity...though the former are becoming less common, it seems.  :/

I think we were nearly finished with our PM interactions, though, so I can be ready to move whenever you so desire.  Everyone else might need a bit more time, unless I'm reading the situation incorrectly.

#197 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:06 PM

I'm just waiting on replies. :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#198 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:32 PM

Finally got a post up.

I've been meaning to for the last few days, I've just been preoccupied and stuff. While I'm certainly not bored with the RP (never gonna happen  :D ), I have to admit I was having some difficulty coming up with things for my chars. to do; but then, social bits tend to be rather hit-and-miss with me —sometimes I can come up with a bunch of stuff, other times my brain's a dry well.

That being said, a bit of advancement (getting a group out to go investigate the watch captain, say) in the near future probably wouldn't go amiss, IMO.  ^_^

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#199 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

Sooooo, is everyone busy or just bored? Looking for some feedback, since I was hoping for more interaction. 

Sounds like my art topic. 

mlfw2223-ba_dum_tis.gif

Okay, I'll post.

#200 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

New DM post coming up sometime this weekend, I hope. I'll also reply to the conversations going on sometime today, if I can. I am, once again, going to be pushing things a bit far forward, as I'm hoping to finish before the end of October.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users