140 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:48 PM

POPULAR

Release Date - October 21st, 2016 (October 18th via pre-order)

So, a running commentary;
  • DICE hired some participants of the Community Test Environment (CTE) for development on new titles, mimicking other studios such as 343 Industries and Blizzard.
  • The game was named Battlefield 1 because of the setting, the First World War.
  • Close combat will be far more brutal and visceral; the game is described as by far the most gritty Battlefield game yet. Battles are described as tense, where your every action will matter, and will affect the world around you massively, turning pristine landscapes into hellish death zones.
  • The game will be set all over the world, including the Western Front, the Alps, the deserts of Arabia and more!
  • Cavalry charges! Tanks! Mustard gas!
  • Some of the largest vehicles DICE has ever built.
  • Beautiful melee weapon variety; swords, trench clubs, maces, bayonets, axes, shovels, knuckle dusters, knives and even your fists.
  • There's a huge variety of vehicles to choose from; scout planes, bomber planes, light and heavy tanks, battleships, horses, artillery pieces and much more.
  • Campaign will tell the stories of several different characters, how the war changes them and how they react to the war.
  • Want to lug your entire squad around in your tank? Yep, you can do that. Tanks are to be feared again.
  • Huge variety of weapons and gadgets; weapon customisation will be making a return, with a "new flavour" coming to the system.
91RFsh0ACsL._SL1500_.jpg
Battlefield 1 Exclusive Collector's Edition.

Welcome to the Battlefield 1 Collectors Edition. This is your chance to own a piece of Battlefield history. Enhance your setup with the 14 statue, which any true fan will be proud to own.

Go behind the scenes to discover more about the game's creation through the concept art playing cards, uncover exclusive** DLC content with the messenger pigeon tube and join the fight wearing your very own Battlefield patch. Heck, you can even start recruiting allies with the cloth poster.

The Battlefield 1 Amazon Exclusive Collector's Edition* includes:

• Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition Base Game
  • Collectors Edition Statue (14" Tall)
  • Exclusive Steel book
  • Exclusive cloth poster
  • Deck of playing cards
  • Messenger pigeon tube with exclusive** DLC content
  • Exclusive patch
  • Premium packaging

Battlefield 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition includes the Red Baron Pack and the Lawrence of Arabia Pack - containing themed weapons, vehicles and items. Plus five Battlepacks containing combinations of items. Also exchanges the visual appearance on three of the largest vehicles in the game. This Early Enlister edition allows you to play Battlefield 1 three days earlier starting from October 18.

Red Baron Pack containing:

• Vehicle: Red Baron's Triplane
  • Sidearm: Red Baron's P08
  • Emblem: Red Baron's Flyer Pin
Lawrence of Arabia Pack containing:
  • Horse: Lawrence of Arabias Black Stallion
  • Weapon: Lawrence of Arabias SMLE
  • Melee: Lawrence of Arabias Jambiya
  • Emblem: Lawrence of Arabias Emblem
New visual appearance on three of the largest vehicles in the game:
  • Frontline Camouflage Train
  • Night Raid Airship
  • Dazzle Camouflage Dreadnought
Harlem Hellfighter Pack containing:
  • Weapon: Hellfighter Trench Shotgun
  • Siderarm: Hellfighter M1911
  • Melee: Hellfighter Bolo Knife
  • Emblem: Hellfighter Insignia

Images & Other Media
Spoiler

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#2 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:53 PM

I haven't played a Battlefield game since Bad Company 2 but I'm pre-ordering the everloving hell out of this.

EDIT: 64-player matches, doe.

Edited by The Captain, 06 May 2016 - 02:00 PM.

nY1rpGl.gif

#3 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

I haven't played a Battlefield game since Bad Company 2 but I'm pre-ordering the everloving hell out of this.

EDIT: 64-player matches, doe.

There are 64 man servers on the PC for both Hardline and 4.

Also, just going to put things into perspective.

CoD: Infinite Warfare's Like/Dislike ratio to date (4 day span)

208,229 likes to 515,308 dislikes (0.404)

Battlefield 1 Like/Dislike ratio to now (about 2 hours)

216,751 likes to 5,025 dislikes (43.135)

I'm sure it helps with the fact that DICE is not keeping a remaster of a great game in the series exclusive to a preorder version of the game.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#4 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

There are 64 man servers on the PC for both Hardline and 4.

Like I said, been out of the Battlefield line for years. I left off with it being 32vs.32 still.

nY1rpGl.gif

#5 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:11 PM

They named it Battlefield 1.

Battle

field

one

They actually did it

The absolute madmen

xgd0s9.jpg

#6 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

Would you prefer it be called Battlefield Somewhere between 1914 and 1918?

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is now on Steam!

Halo Reach available now, CE Anniversary/H2 Anniversary/H3/ODST/H4 coming in 2020.

Halo Infinite  - Holiday 2020 (PC/Xbox One/Xbox Scarlett)

"The Reclamation has begun...and we are powerless to stop it."

-Shadow-of-Sundered-Star "The Didact" (Halo 4, 2012)

#7 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:47 PM

No, Battlefield: Trenches.

Boom, done. DICE should hire me.

EDIT: No, sorry, if you watched the live stream of the presentation, they were saying it was titled BF One because WW1 was sorta established modern warfare as we know. Idk how true that is exactly, but maybe something like Battlefied Origins or whatever woulda been more appropriate. I dunno.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#8 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:54 PM

I like instantly caught on that they called it Battlefield 1 specifically because it's, you know, the first World War. But I agree, there were definitely options for a better name that communicated the same point.

And just think of the double whammy by calling it Battlefield: Origins.

Geddit because EA Origin amirite fellas

nY1rpGl.gif

#9 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:56 PM

I can't wait to see how they try to sneak UAVs and minimaps into a WWI setting. 

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#10 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

Battlefield: The Great War?
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#11 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

Battlefield: The Great War?

valiant-hearts-the-great-war-review_fwdx

I think not.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo Reach available now, CE Anniversary/H2 Anniversary/H3/ODST/H4 coming in 2020.

#12 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:50 PM

I like instantly caught on that they called it Battlefield 1 specifically because it's, you know, the first World War. But I agree, there were definitely options for a better name that communicated the same point.

And just think of the double whammy by calling it Battlefield: Origins.

Geddit because EA Origin amirite fellas

I thought about that too, but don't you think that would help sell their crappy platform either? :P

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#13 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

Also, it may kinda seem like I'm being like this today:

shrug-gif-114.gif

But rest assured, this has been me since like 4 this afternoon when I saw the stuff:

back-to-the-future-hype-train_o_3204171.

I adore the use of The Great War in fiction. Valiant Hearts (as above) is a personal favorite of mine, and if Battlefield thinks it can get it right, I'm right here ready to go.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#14 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

EDIT: No, sorry, if you watched the live stream of the presentation, they were saying it was titled BF One because WW1 was sorta established modern warfare as we know. Idk how true that is exactly, but maybe something like Battlefied Origins or whatever woulda been more appropriate. I dunno.

If you think about it, it's mainly with the style of combat Battlefield is known for, mainly mechanized.

WWI was the first war that used aircraft, tanks, and submarines, opening one front and changing how the other two are fought.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#15 Goldy

Goldy

Sergeant Major

• 3,093 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:14 AM

WWI was the first war that used aircraft, tanks, and submarines,

Submarines were first used in the US civil war and were used in the Russo-Japanese war, but this doesn't change your point that a lot of new technologies were introduced in WW1. However, I would say that whilst the technologies and tactics developed in this war were seeds for future warfare, they didn't have such a big impact that would fundamentally change the brutal attrition that was WW1.

Anyway... the reveal trailer has me interested again. Though I can't stand the current trend of marketing games in this way:- nothing about this trailer captures the normal poignancy we associate with this conflict. This trailer could have been used for any timeframe or game.

#16 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:27 AM

I personally like how this trailer isn't bogged down by the usual greyness associated with the Great War. Yes, that drab, depressing feeling is well-deserved, but it's okay to take a subtler approach to the trauma those guys suffered. Some color and some relatively upbeat, non-orchestral music isn't going to hurt that much.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#17 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:31 AM

i still can't believe this is an actual thing

whaaaaat

I can't wait to see how they try to sneak UAVs and minimaps into a WWI setting. 

UAVs will become "spotter balloons" or something similar. Quote me on it.

#18 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:48 AM

I only ever play Battlefield on hardcore for some reason (and am terrible at it), I was legitimately confused because I couldn't recall a minimap being in battlefield.

Anyways I like the aesthetic of WW1 military equipment, and I sincerely hope the game does more than just pay lip service to the technological limitations of the era. I mean we're already playing fast and loose with tactics/strategy by having everyone be part of the Sturmtruppen, but Battlefield has always played fast and loose with unit tactics and crap despite what fanboys like to think.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#19 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:12 AM

Anyways I like the aesthetic of WW1 military equipment, and I sincerely hope the game does more than just pay lip service to the technological limitations of the era. I mean we're already playing fast and loose with tactics/strategy by having everyone be part of the Sturmtruppen, but Battlefield has always played fast and loose with unit tactics and crap despite what fanboys like to think.

I just hope they don't do what Call of Duty: World at War did and have literal red dot sights in world war 2, except, you know, black dot sights smh.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#20 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

Now you can commit even more war crimes.

xgd0s9.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users