Star Wars: Battlefront is an upcoming action video game in development by EA Digital Illusions CE and to be published by Electronic Arts. It is scheduled for release on November 17th (US) and November 20th (EU) for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game is the third main entry in the Star Wars: Battlefront series.
The ominous thud of an AT-AT stomping down. Rebel forces firing blasters. Imperial speeder bikes zipping by. Intense dogfights between squadrons of X-wings and TIE fighters filling the skies. Immerse yourself in the epic Star Wars™ battles you’ve always dreamed of and create new heroic moments of your own in Star Wars™ Battlefront™.
- Set during the Galactic Civil War.
- Multiplayer only; there is no singleplayer component, although a co-operative mode has been announced. Online and offline split-screen play are supported.
- Up to forty players can engage each other on land and in the air.
- Players will be able to customise weaponry, equipment and appearance (to an extent). Unable to customise hero characters.
- Space battles will not be returning, although the classic aerial combat associated with Battlefront and Battlefield titles will be in place.
- Players will be able to take to the field as iconic characters such as Boba Fett and Darth Vader. You may also encounter characters such as C-3PO and R2-D2.
- Free downloadable content is planned in the form of the Battle of Jakku (the planet from The Force Awakens trailer), which took place during the Galactic Civil War. "The expansion, dubbed "Battle of Jakku," will explore the moment following "Return of the Jedi" when the New Republic confronted Imperial holdouts on the previously unseen Outer Rim enclave." The expansion will be comprised of two maps. Planned for release to those who pre-order on December 1st, and general release on December 8th.
- Confirmed planets include Tatooine, Hoth, Endor and Sullust and many more.
- Vehicles include speeder bikes, AT-STs, AT-ATs, Tie Fighters, X-Wings, Y-Wings and the Millennium Falcon.
- Environments have been faithfully recreated by the development team, mostly by revisiting the original shooting locations.
- Equipment, uniforms and weaponry has been brought to life via photogrammetry technology.
Purchase the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Deluxe Edition and get the base game plus five exciting in-game items.
- Han Solo's Blaster (instant access)
- Ion Detonator (instant access)
- MPL Ion Torpedo (instant access)
- Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
- Victory (exclusive emote)
PRE-ORDER AND BE THE FIRST TO BATTLE ON THE PLANET OF JAKKU*
Pre-order Star Wars™ Battlefront™ and on December 1st, 2015, be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku*, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. Taking place in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor, players will experience the events that created the massive, battle-scarred landscape of Jakku shown in Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™. Players who pre-order Star Wars Battlefront can fight the battle one week early. All other players will get access to this content on December 8th, 2015.
- Learn what happened before the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- 2 maps set on the all-new planet of Jakku
- 7 days early access for those who pre-order Star Wars™ Battlefront™
- Available as a free† download to all players on December 8th, 2015
The countdown to November 20th has begun. Stay tuned to Star Wars Battlefront and our official social channels for updates and may the force be with you.
Trailers & Other Media