#1 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:02 AM

Z4JnYVO.png

Wikipedia Article

Star Wars: Battlefront is an upcoming action video game in development by EA Digital Illusions CE and to be published by Electronic Arts. It is scheduled for release on November 17th (US) and November 20th (EU) for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game is the third main entry in the Star Wars: Battlefront series.

The ominous thud of an AT-AT stomping down. Rebel forces firing blasters. Imperial speeder bikes zipping by. Intense dogfights between squadrons of X-wings and TIE fighters filling the skies. Immerse yourself in the epic Star Wars™ battles you’ve always dreamed of and create new heroic moments of your own in Star Wars™ Battlefront™.

- Set during the Galactic Civil War.

- Multiplayer only; there is no singleplayer component, although a co-operative mode has been announced. Online and offline split-screen play are supported.

- Up to forty players can engage each other on land and in the air.

- Players will be able to customise weaponry, equipment and appearance (to an extent). Unable to customise hero characters.

- Space battles will not be returning, although the classic aerial combat associated with Battlefront and Battlefield titles will be in place.

- Players will be able to take to the field as iconic characters such as Boba Fett and Darth Vader. You may also encounter characters such as C-3PO and R2-D2.

- Free downloadable content is planned in the form of the Battle of Jakku (the planet from The Force Awakens trailer), which took place during the Galactic Civil War. "The expansion, dubbed "Battle of Jakku," will explore the moment following "Return of the Jedi" when the New Republic confronted Imperial holdouts on the previously unseen Outer Rim enclave." The expansion will be comprised of two maps. Planned for release to those who pre-order on December 1st, and general release on December 8th.

- Confirmed planets include Tatooine, Hoth, Endor and Sullust and many more.

- Vehicles include speeder bikes, AT-STs, AT-ATs, Tie Fighters, X-Wings, Y-Wings and the Millennium Falcon.

- Environments have been faithfully recreated by the development team, mostly by revisiting the original shooting locations.

- Equipment, uniforms and weaponry has been brought to life via photogrammetry technology.

Purchase the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Deluxe Edition and get the base game plus five exciting in-game items.

• Han Solo's Blaster (instant access)
  • Ion Detonator (instant access)
  • MPL Ion Torpedo (instant access)
  • Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
  • Victory (exclusive emote)

PRE-ORDER AND BE THE FIRST TO BATTLE ON THE PLANET OF JAKKU*

Pre-order Star Wars™ Battlefront™ and on December 1st, 2015, be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku*, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. Taking place in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor, players will experience the events that created the massive, battle-scarred landscape of Jakku shown in Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™.  Players who pre-order Star Wars Battlefront can fight the battle one week early.  All other players will get access to this content on December 8th, 2015.

KEY FEATURES

• Learn what happened before the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • 2 maps set on the all-new planet of Jakku
  • 7 days early access for those who pre-order Star Wars™ Battlefront™
  • Available as a free† download to all players on December 8th, 2015

The countdown to November 20th has begun. Stay tuned to Star Wars Battlefront and our official social channels for updates and may the force be with you.

Trailers & Other Media

Spoiler

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#2 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

#3 D-man

D-man

A soldier follows orders, a warrior follows his heart.

• 1,296 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

Is anyone left with the resounding taste of...meh?

I was so hyped about this game until today. I log on to see an embrassing lack of content with the game, no space battles or single player (which to be honest is not DICE's stong suit), an unimpressive player count, and a trailer that shows zero gameplay.

tumblr_mlmz00PsPA1qbz8aro1_250.gif

Dracarys

#4 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

Salty.

Gameplay video is being uploaded sometime later tonight; EA and DICE were showing it off independent of the reveal cinematic an hour or so after the live conference ended. So far as everything else goes, it's fine. Space battles were awful in Battlefront 2 and the low player count is about right, really, considering they have neither confirmed nor denied bots iirc.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#5 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:11 PM

no space battles or single player

Welp. I'm out.

#6 D-man

D-man

• 1,296 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

Welp. I'm out.

It was like yesterday I snorted a fat line of hype after seeing the Episode 7 trailer, and today I am just wallowing in sadness that the re-milking of the star wars franchise will begin anew.

Dracarys

#7 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

Well... the lack of space battles is disappointing, but at least they brought back having ships mixed with ground battles! :D

Though that 40 player count is just... well, really disappointing. Sure, it'll help the game run better, probably, but come on! Only twenty players per side in a AAA, multiplayer-only title? At least the DLC planned thus far is free, which is a huge step in the right direction, I suppose...

Overall, it isn't looking as bad as I was worried, but definitely not as good as I hoped for. I just hope the base gameplay isn't a Battlefield clone with jetpacks...

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#8 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:16 PM

Overall, it isn't looking as bad as I was worried, but definitely not as good as I hoped for. I just hope the base gameplay isn't a Battlefield clone with jetpacks...

This is EA. The game is going to be Battlefield with Star Wars skins.

EA doesn't innovate. They take already popular stuff and milk it till it stops making money.

#9 D-man

D-man

• 1,296 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:25 PM

I'd be totally ok with a 64 player reskinned Battlefield. That's the problem. This just seems like it lacks the scale of battlefield without compensating with more features or content. It's a stripped down Battlefront without the cool things Battlefield does.

Dracarys

#10 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:32 PM

Asides from the lack of singleplayer and reduced number of players in multiplayer it isn't taking a massive hit. I'm still placing my money on that being down to either the inclusion of bots and/or learning from Battlefield 4's shoddy server architecture.

http://starwars.ea.c...-order-offer-uk

PRE-ORDER AND BE THE FIRST TO BATTLE ON THE PLANET OF JAKKU*

Pre-order Star Wars™ Battlefront™ and on December 1st, 2015, be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku*, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. Taking place in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor, players will experience the events that created the massive, battle-scarred landscape of Jakku shown in Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™.  Players who pre-order Star Wars Battlefront can fight the battle one week early.  All other players will get access to this content on December 8th, 2015.

KEY FEATURES

• Learn what happened before the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • 2 maps set on the all-new planet of Jakku
  • 7 days early access for those who pre-order Star Wars™ Battlefront™
  • Available as a free† download to all players on December 8th, 2015

The countdown to November 20th has begun. Stay tuned to Star Wars Battlefront and our official social channels for updates and may the force be with you.

#11 Patriot 96

Patriot 96

Lego fan

• Nova Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

Anyone here play the original?

#12 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:48 PM

no space battles or single player

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#13 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

Anyone here play the original?

Both of them, yeah. Which is why I don't mind the lack of space battles. What I really wish they'd add, though, are AI opponents. Even if they had the somewhat crappy AI from the original games. The feeling of pushing too deep into enemy territory, just to find you're surrounded by a horde of mindless drones, was probably one of my favorite things about Battlefront 1. And 2, come to think of it.

*sigh*...

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#14 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

Don't mind me I'll just be waiting for all the complaints everyone has.

u2bwxatxppte7ljvv7ki.gif

Salty.

Their tears are so delicious.

#15 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• 2,213 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

Guys, it's coming out on PC. Within weeks there will be dedicated servers to handle much more massive amounta of online players. And it being EA, space battles will end up being on-disc DLC they unlock months down the road. At the very least, the PC version will eventually be modded into what this game should have been at launch.
*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#16 DeadFire87

DeadFire87

Game Intel Master

• 1,129 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

40 player count is disturbing.. Very likely Dice choose bots over player count or graphics over everything. Yes it means smaller maps maybe.I personally wanna see war with 128+ players. I love the chaos.

Perhaps they wanted to match the original Battlefront as much as possible. Which had no space or campaign.

Y'all do know Dice likes the 4 Dlc pack $50 Premium setup. I expect lots will be packed into that. Just think about it. The could do clone era pack, and space one and likely others with experiments with game modes.

This is more of a rebirth than anything with no grand changes from the original. Hopefully battlefront 2 in 2017 will kick it up a knotch.

Maybe its just Frostbite. Also feels meh to me, but still want to buy. Gameplay might change my mind.

Next Batch of consoles..... Or well the rumors.

PS5 - 8 Cores Zen 2 - RAM - 16+ GB -  GPU - 9.2 Tflops somehow equal to 14.x Tflops on GCN? FEB 2020 reveal?

XB4 - 8 Cores Zen 2 - RAM - 16+ GB - GPU - 8 Tflops? Equal to some other number like 13 on GCN? JUNE 2020

Switch 2/ Switch Go? - Even more Portable Switch. Rumor of a better SoC that is cooler and faster maybe more powerful. Extra Mario Mushrooms. 

#17 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

At the very least, the PC version will eventually be modded into what this game should have been at launch.

I think that's the inherent problem right there--at launch, it'll probably suck. The fact that people will mod it into something decent and patches will eventually come out and DLC will add new content doesn't excuse launching a product that's a steaming pile of I can't use that word here.

I mean, it could be really, really good and stable at launch, but I still wouldn't spend $60 on it even if that sort of miracle occurred.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#18 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

I mean, it could be really, really good and stable at launch, but I still wouldn't spend $60 on it even if that sort of miracle occurred.

Really? Can we at least wait until E3 or something before damning this game based on a two minutes of footage?

And did nobody see the First-person X-Wing cockpit view?

#19 Goldy

Goldy

Sergeant Major

• 3,093 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

The game seems quite small with only 4 locations and multiplayer only... I expect that this Battlefront game will be a similar size to Battlefield 1943. 

#20 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• Nova Member
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

Four planets have been revealed but there's probably multiple maps per planet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users