• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#21 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Member
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

What are you talking about? Big Boss is exactly the same, he just finally got some Strepsils for his throat.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#22 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:24 AM

More like, Deus Ex: Makind Excited, amirite or amirite?

#23 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,316 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

Did somebody ask for... a 25 minute gameplay demo? Because there totally is one!

It looks SO GOOOOOD. I absolutely adore this game's art style. They've toned down the black and goldness from Human Revolution just a little, and now everything glows beautifully. Everything's so grimy and messy, with clutter everywhere, yet it still all looks so wonderfully future-y. And I can't get over how cool the Titan Shield/PSX graphics aug is.

It also seems like the developers loved Dishonored as much as I did. The Icarus Dash is a Blink that can also be used offensively, the new version of Smart Vision is very reminiscent of Corvo's Dark Vision, and the wrist-launched detachable nano-blades are pretty much an upgraded version of Corvo's crossbow. Dishonored took its fair share of influence from Human Revolution, of course, and I like seeing these two developers trying to one-up eachother.

#24 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:58 PM

Somehow just got around to watching all the E3 stuff, and all I can say is how disappointed I am this game is not in my disc drive right now and ready to play.

In a coming 12 months full of stuff like Halo 5, Doom, Fallout 4, among others, Mankind Divided is easily my pick for 2016, and it's not even out yet.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is now on Steam!

Halo Reach available now, CE Anniversary/H2 Anniversary/H3/ODST/H4 coming in 2020.

Halo Infinite  - Holiday 2020 (PC/Xbox One/Xbox Scarlett)

"The Reclamation has begun...and we are powerless to stop it."

-Shadow-of-Sundered-Star "The Didact" (Halo 4, 2012)

#25 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,316 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:53 AM

I know, right? With trophy engravers around the world currently trying to work out how to fit 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' onto their GOTY 2015 plaques, I've been looking ahead to 2016, and nothing is revving my engine harder than Do Sex: Hypeflames Ignited. Something about this game just gets me all hot under the collar, and it's not just Adam Jensen's incredible face.

THINK OF ALL THE COMPUTERS WAITING TO BE HACKED INTO AND E-MAILS WAITING TO BE READ!

EDIT - WHAT IF THERE'S ANOTHER FLOOF!?

#26 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

Finally got around to watching the 25-minute demo earlier today, and... um...

WOW. It looks freaking awesome. I don't even know what to say other than that, except that all the new stuff is incredible. And I can't wait to pin everyone to the wall with those shooty-blades. I always kill people during my first go, because I'm a violent angry person. I always enjoyed stabbing people in the first game. Now I can stab them from across the room. :P

P.S.: I am still fangirling that we're getting another game about Jensen. I seriously, seriously didn't expect one. Part of me is still in disbelief and I just want to squee every time I see his beautiful next-gen face.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#27 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,316 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

Here's something neat: a Let's Play of the intro of the original Deus Ex by Warren Spector (director), Sheldon Pacotti (writer) and Chris Norden (lead programmer):

It's really cool hearing all their stories from working on the game fifteen years ago. They say that they actually had to tell JC Denton's voice actor to read every line with no discernible emotion, because they wanted his lines to fit no matter what playstyle the player went with.

Also the 0451 keycode that's appeared in so many of these games, I'd always heard it was a reference to Fahrenheit 451, but Warren Spector says it was just the code to get into the Looking Glass Studios building back in the day.

#28 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:18 AM

Did someone ask for pre-order bonuses?

308580-EEA1.jpg

Admittedly, the figurine is kind of neat. But I'm a bit confused over what "augment your pre-order" means. Aside from being hilarious, of course. Do we get to pick and choose the bonuses?

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#29 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

Oh wow, two of my top options from that collector's edition bonus poll they ran actually won. The figure and the steelbook (that figure looks AWESOME aflajedkjf). The art book is pretty frickin' sweet, too. I am excite. :D

Consider me one of the people contributing to the pre-order unlocks, or whatever, for you people not buying the collector's. I'll be pre-ordering my collector's edition very soon. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#30 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,316 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:54 AM

I'm just going to be buying a plain old Steam code for the normal version on GreenManGaming or something, but that's some really nice artwork on the cover of that steelbook.

Yeah, I've got no idea what that 'augment your pre-order' stuff is. My first thought was that it's something like that ARG Valve did when they launched Portal 2, where they had people idling for hours upon hours in certain games to unlock virtual potatoes for their Steam accounts, which all amounted to... I don't even remember, I think the the game ended up coming out like a day earlier than they said it would or something. I guess maybe if Square gets a lot of pre-orders they'll bring the release date forward? Kind of seems like those "We'll show you a trailer if this post gets ten thousand likes!" things. Just be cool, bros. 

Also I'm pretty sure that's the same day that Mirror's Edge Catalyst comes out, which is going to get hairy for me. 

EDIT - Oh boy, that dislike bar:

IEpv90A.png?1

#31 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:43 AM

I was hyped for the game but due to this Pre-Order nonsense I'm now going to hold of buying and playing it until it's less then 5$, sale or otherwise. I don't Pre-Order games anyway but when they pull these kind of things I'm not going to give them their release price. It seems people think exclusive content and potentially buying into something that could be broken beyond belief is still a good idea even after the atrocious last year.

Edited by Isundir, 01 September 2015 - 07:48 AM.

Right or wrong, which side are you on, does it even matter if it's on the same coin?

#32 Ryoma

Ryoma

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

I looked into this pre-order plan in more detail, and holy hell, that's despicable. No way around it. I'm glad it's getting a negative response--I was a bit concerned that more people would be taken in by it. Fortunately, my faith in humanity can remain somewhat restored.

TotalBiscuit, his somewhat rambling way, has a good take on it. 

It's a shame, because the game itself will probably be very good. But now my opinion, and it sounds like Isunder's above me, has been soured by this. Hopefully SqueEnix listens to fans (HAH RIGHT YEAH OKAY SURE)

#33 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:48 AM

Just wait until it's number 1 on the steam sales :lego_bluh:

Right or wrong, which side are you on, does it even matter if it's on the same coin?

#34 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

That pre-order bonus system is definitely BS. Basically it compels you to pre-order the game for the benefit of everyone else who wants to pre-order it, and then it forces you to only pick certain bonuses instead of just giving you everything you've "earned" as a group.

Buuuuut on the other hand, the only bonus that looks interesting is the mission, and everyone will probably be getting that, so no great loss. Everything else is just fluff, really.

And Deus Ex Mankind Divided is the only major video game coming out any time in the foreseeable future that I even care about.

So... yeah, I'm gonna pre-order it eventually. If they've been pressured into changing the silly bonus system by then, all the better. If not... eh, I'm still in. Whatever.  :shrug:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#35 Ryoma

Ryoma

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

At the risk of beating the dead horse, why pre-order at all? Are you going for the collector's edition?

#36 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

For the bonus mission. The rest of it's fluff, but a bonus mission is actual content.

And because I'm 100% certain I'm going to buy the game on release day anyway. If you're less certain about it, then sure, pre-ordering would be silly. I understand why a lot of people boycott and discourage the practice. But for me... I wasn't expecting a sequel to Human Revolution at all, much less one starring Adam Jensen again, and there's simply no way I'm going to miss it, even if it ends up sucking for some reason. So for me it's like: why not? Might as well get the bonus crap. :P

I actually do pre-order most if not all of my games, come to think of it, but that's because I buy very few games anyway, and those are usually ones that I feel very strongly about. In fact, if I were to pre-order Deus Ex this year, I'm pretty sure it would be only the second game I've bought all year long. :lol:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#37 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:04 AM

I get what your saying Scorp but you have to also look at it this way, as long as the majority of people keep putting up with these kind of things (pre-order bonuses, in-game money shops, broken releases etc) the more outrageous bullshit schemes companies are going to concoct for their next games and it'll just get worse and worse.

But yeah I really do get what you're saying, I am honestly really tempted to pre-order Fallout 4 for the same reasons, as ashamed as I am to admit it I know no matter how that game comes out I will be playing it anyway but it also just goes against everything I want to stand for... that said I greatly respect Bethesda for not putting in any pre-order incentives (if there are any I haven't found/noticed them).

Edited by Isundir, 02 September 2015 - 01:10 AM.

#38 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:51 AM

Nobody likes pre-order bonuses, but our willpower is always broken when the game we are particularly excited for comes along. It'll suck for gamers if Square Enix's pre-order crap actually works, but given how many people are excited for Deus Ex, I have a feeling it will. 

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#39 Isundir

Isundir

Rookie

• 337 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:19 AM

So I just found out that Mankind Divided is brought to us by the same people who made the atrocious reboot known as Thief, a disgrace to the franchise (in my honest albeit be it fanboy opinion).

I want Mankind Divided to be good, but this has got me a bit worried. :(

Edited by Isundir, 13 September 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#40 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:24 AM

So I just found out that Mankind Divided is brought to us by the same people who made the atrocious reboot known as Thief, a disgrace to the franchise (in my honest albeit be it fanboy opinion).

I want Mankind Divided to be good, but this has got me a bit worried.

While at the same time it's brought to us by the same people who made this little game we like to call Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Make of that what you will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users